New Topic Respond to this Topic
Unimportant
Unimportant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 05:12 PM Reply

Well that's just the thing. Since Satan is just part of Christian mythology, he could be as evil as you imagine him to be. As could any god of the underworld in any other mythology: Hades, Hel, Mars, etc.

Someone once asked me why I call myself Unimportant. Simple, I said. As a nihilist, that's what I see everyone and everything as. In the end, we are all Unimportant.

iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 05:42 PM Reply

Like some kind of awesome club?

BBS Signature
TheLameSauce
TheLameSauce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 06:24 PM Reply

You forget that Hell was created by God specifically to imprison and torture satan. I don't understand how all this "Hell's a party" business got started.

gradenator
gradenator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 06:25 PM Reply

At 1/19/08 06:24 PM, TheLameSauce wrote: You forget that Hell was created by God specifically to imprison and torture satan. I don't understand how all this "Hell's a party" business got started.

Who's torturing Satan?

Chris-V2
Chris-V2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 06:32 PM Reply

Well Satan's frozen at the bottom of the 9th ring of hell and God is dead. So I'm pretty neutral on the matter.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 06:33 PM Reply

He can't be bad at all, and god can't be good or bad.
Because neither exist.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

megabad
megabad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 06:36 PM Reply

you might be interested to know that satan raped thousands of virgin humans a day! for months! they gave birth to giants and they walked the earth and so god sent floods to kill them. in come noah and his massive ark. god forgave him and even let let him stay in heaven cos he kicks ass. saten had earlyer doomed all of mankind for enternity by tricking adam to eat the cursed apple. two stricks that would change eternity for the far, far worse! god forgave. saten then sttod up to god and said he was only loved for the things he gave, not for his principles. god was very hurt by this and so he tested this. his average follower, a shepard in a feild with 2 wives and 14 kids. prayed everyday and loves his life. god told the devil to curse him and take it all! just dont kill him god said. and so saten proceded to take all his cattle and send him into debt and poverty, kill both his wives and all his children!! then give him horable pussing worts and such! this went on for 2 weeks and the man never stoped praying in his free time and loving god. never did he once thing of god as bad! he simply said, the lord giveth and the lord taketh. the devil was beaten without vilence and gave up. god forgave and still loved him.

THEN he turned thousands of angles into demons and told them to ruin gods heavans! this was when god got angry and sent him down onto earth and told him to wait for the day of reconing! armagedon. the final war. i belive their is no hell and that our world is currantaly in controll of the devil.

ever wanted to ask god why he made us, when you die, who made him? iGod, Repenting made easy.

BBS Signature
JohnStephens
JohnStephens
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 07:09 PM Reply

he is the most evil thing ever of corse he is that bad dumbass

blackchaos93
blackchaos93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 07:45 PM Reply

Well, if you've ever met Satanists, they aren't about screwing up people's lives or burning Catholics. They're really set on people being independent and thinking for themselves.

So, I guess if Satanists are like that, then Satan is just someone who decided to stand up to God and so God got pissed and cast him into Hell.

I know a lot of Christians are going to flame me for what I'm going to say, but is thinking for yourself really so bad? I mean if God is all-loving and all-understanding, then wouldn't He be fine with it if Satan decided to defy him?

Seriously though, doesn't the Bible call all of God's followers his sheep? Does this mean that all of God's followers are supposed to be mindless sheep that don't question His word?

TomTheJuggler111
TomTheJuggler111
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 07:48 PM Reply

i think satan looks like this

How bad could Satan Possibly Be?

BBS Signature
gradenator
gradenator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 07:51 PM Reply

At 1/19/08 06:36 PM, megabad wrote: you might be interested to know that satan raped thousands of virgin humans a day! for months! they gave birth to giants and they walked the earth and so god sent floods to kill them.

That was God's word. God's side of the story as propheted/interpreted by man.

You haven't heard Satan's side, so how do you know what really happened? God could've made all that shit up or man could've exaggerated the story as well. Think about this!

Krayon
Krayon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 07:55 PM Reply

What really happened could be twisted by satan, and don't forget, dispite God's seeming murderous frolic through the bible it was those who disobeyed or did wrong that died, satan certainly didn't make the ten commandments... What about those satanist worshippers, if it wasn't illegal they'd probably be sacrificing people all the time...

Forum sig? Whats that.. 3D art thread, My art thread

TheGrimBlammer
TheGrimBlammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 1/19/08 04:20 PM, Mr-Contradiction wrote: Pity nothing happens when you die.

Nothing.

Have you died then how do you type? I wanna know the secret.

DekapitatoR
DekapitatoR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 1/19/08 07:45 PM, blackchaos93 wrote: blah blah

Satanists are NOT same thing as satan worshippers.

BBS Signature
gradenator
gradenator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 08:07 PM Reply

At 1/19/08 07:55 PM, Krayon wrote: What really happened could be twisted by satan, and don't forget, dispite God's seeming murderous frolic through the bible it was those who disobeyed or did wrong that died, satan certainly didn't make the ten commandments... What about those satanist worshippers, if it wasn't illegal they'd probably be sacrificing people all the time...

I don't exactly understand them myself. I think that they are as misguided as Christains or anyone with faith are. No one knows for sure so you can't (or rather shouldn't) believe in either side either way. It's cool to have reasonable ideas, but you should let your conscience help you decide how to act.

Don't think god doesn't exist because he might. Don't think he does exist because he might not.

5A1B0T
5A1B0T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 08:17 PM Reply

Imagine the biggest, selfish, thoughtless asshole you know in your life. then imagine that asshole if he had no more worries about anything or anybody and was under the illusion that anything goes and nothing is sacred... Can you imagine that?

Sabotage
Sabotage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 01:10 AM Reply

At 1/19/08 04:28 PM, bobhasashotgun wrote:
At 1/19/08 04:22 PM, Sabotage wrote: Why are we arguing about fictional characters?
The same reason people argue about wither superman or spiderman would win in a fight.

Maybe it's because me and my friends aren't total faggots, but, I haven't ever had a conversation as gay as one about who would win if superman and spiderman fought.

Why is it that a man can't hold another man's scrotum in the palm of his hand (as an act of friendship) without risking being called a member of the homosexual community?

BBS Signature
Warhammer
Warhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 01:16 AM Reply

At 1/19/08 03:45 PM, andhination wrote: Satan created ROCK AND ROLL.

And an inspiration for all metal heads. Rock on.

BBS Signature
MoriChax
MoriChax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 01:19 AM Reply

You know I imagine Lucifer to be friendly with a wicked twist.

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature
OPIUMSKUM
OPIUMSKUM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 01:43 AM Reply

At 1/19/08 03:46 PM, Rozner wrote: Satan was originally named Lucifer.

And lucifer was originally a roman god of light. Similar in description to jesus. Ironic.

Me: sex is fun God: it is more fun alone.

superstatguy
superstatguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 01:54 AM Reply

Satan made a rock band, you know:

How bad could Satan Possibly Be?

Far away, across the field, the tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees, to hear the softly spoken magic spells.......

BBS Signature
Hedwick
Hedwick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 01:58 AM Reply

That's a great new reassurance for atheists. "Don't worry guys, if we do go to hell, everyone knows it's one big party, amirite?".

Taisetsu na mono protect my balls!

BBS Signature
JackPhantasm
JackPhantasm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 02:01 AM Reply

Satan is being punished in hell along with everyone else, according to Danté at least.

Dogmeat
Dogmeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 02:17 AM Reply

At 1/19/08 03:46 PM, Rozner wrote: Just a story I heard.

Nah, he was the first angel to fall from the heavens one of the good angels broke his wings of(that my un-biblical description) I forget which one though, so he created his own fort that god sent invitations to all the bad people to go to with out Satan's permission so he got pissed at god and now they kill innocent people to help their rage problems...

Boy, I really strayed from the general idea of my post there...

I AM THREAD KILLER!

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 02:25 AM Reply

Are you seriously asking this on a site full of atheists?

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
quadgunnar
quadgunnar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How bad could Satan Possibly Be? Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 02:50 AM Reply

ALLLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIIIGHT........

First of all, the story of how Lucifer was cast down from heaven is completely being misinterpreted here. God had created the heavens, the earth, and all life, including the angels and us (meaning humans). One of the things He commanded was all to worship his greatness, and his generosity in granting life to us. Lucifer, however, wanted that same recognition--in essence, he wanted to be as great as God. God perceived this, and cast him down to Hell. Hell, at that point, was not a place of torture as you can possibly understand it. Hell was torture for Lucifer, however, because he was alone and eternally separate from God, his creator. So God, in another benevolent move, gave Lucifer the earth to rule over, hoping that he might see God's greatness in the intricate designs of life and the biological processes as he tended to the earth. The exact opposite thing happened, however--the first thing Satan did was tempt Eve (in serpent form) in an effort to have revenge on God for humiliating him. And, alas, it worked. Satan had his revenge, for the moment, because humans were doomed to imperfection, and thus must be separate from God for eternity. Another motive for Satan to tempt Eve was so he would not be alone in his life--"misery loves company" as the saying goes.

Second of all, most of you have speculated that Satan would much rather "recruit for his cause", i.e., to overthrow God, etc., etc. This is absolutely correct, and it is outlined in detail throughout the Bible, specifically in Revelations. What you're missing, though, is the fact that Satan rules his domain by fear: "...there will be much weeping, darkness, and gnashing of teeth, screaming, and no soul to see, no sight for any eyes except the great chasm, across which you will see Abraham's bosom and what you may have had, had you only believed in Me." Hell as described in popular culture (a place of burning red flames and a dude with a pitchfork running it) is not correct. People who end up in hell are, according to the Bible, being coaxed by fear and a complete disconnection from God into hating Him, hating everything, even Satan. They try to kill themselves (the ultimate form of cowardice), but it can't be done--they must suffer their choices in life in the afterlife.

Finally, how it all ends--the battle in the valley of Armageddon. It's been prophesied that Satan will be defeated for good in the valley, as well as his legions (demons and those who died not believing in Christ). Satan knows this, and knows it well. He knows he'll get his ass handed to him on that day. The worst part of it all, though, is the fact that the sick bastard wants to take as many of us down with him as possible. He knows that every person who dies a non-believer is a blow to God. It's been written that Christ will lead the army of Heaven into the battle, and, before the battle begins, He will weep--but as He slays the non-believers, the demons, every single one of them, He will be ruthless, and His eyes will be like a white flame. When it's all over, everybody on Satan's side will be thrown into the lake of fire for eternal burning, with skin that burns deeply and then grows anew--but the flames will be black, and those within it will be blind to all. "Hell" as you know it is simply a holding cell--the real prison is the lake of fire.

Alright. Before the Christian bashing begins, let me just say that all I'm doing is trying to give an intellectual insight on a subject I know a thing or two about. And, you should all know for your own reference, being a Christian doesn't mean you have to be a "good person". No works you do on earth permits you entrance into heaven--the only ticket in is believing in Christ's sacrifice and accepting Him as your savior. Basically, swallow your pride, because pride's the same thing that got Satan in that hellhole (no pun intended) in the first place.

Also, some have said that God would encourage being "open-minded"--and He does. But on the premise that He gave you that mind in the first place, and the ability to think.

Thank you for your time.