kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 3 weeks ago Reply

conga conga conga

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
Captain-Slugworth
Captain-Slugworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2 weeks ago Reply

At 7/7/14 02:12 PM, kazumazkan wrote: conga conga conga

Konga Fortress 2: Electric Boogaloo

DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 10 days ago Reply

I know it's old news, but can we talk about the Heavy's nerf?
Where winding up via secondary attack now counts toward reducing the one-second accuracy penalty?

I mean, am I the only one getting a little annoyed here?
It's not the whole "I play heavy so I'm annoyed" thing, it's just that they've been changing the stock weapons lately, and it's getting rather annoying.

People always say "The Heavy is OP" How? I never really had any problems with a Heavy, unless a medic is healing him and I do not currently have a medic, which is common sense. As a soldier or Demo, I can usually defend myself rather well from them, and snipers can easy kill them with a headshot. He seems pretty balanced to me.

And the same goes for any other class. People find one advantage that a class has, and rather then find an alternative to prevent that advantage, (Like airblasting a soldier away who is gonna Market Gaurden you) they instead state that the class is OP. That would be like saying in Super Smash Brothers, I can't block a Falcon Punch so it's OP, even though I can dodge it and hit him from behind during his punch.

The only Nerf that I do agree with is the Pyro's Extinguisher nerf. But even that one, someone can just use the Postal instead.

I just find it annoying that what was seen as perfectly fine for the past 4+ years is now suddenly seen as OP.

TF2 Crew I User Icon Makers Club I Source Filmmaker Crew I
NEWGROUNDS TF2 Server: 192.223.24.28

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 9 days ago Reply

I don't think the nerf is that big of a deal. Almost all people I know that main heavy says that you can't tell a difference.

DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer

At 7/19/14 04:30 AM, LiquidFire wrote: I don't think the nerf is that big of a deal. Almost all people I know that main heavy says that you can't tell a difference.

Yeah I know, also I noticed it was reduced.
But it's more about the idea that they are nerfing the stock weapons which is not something I like.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader

At 7/19/14 04:59 AM, DrClay wrote:
At 7/19/14 04:30 AM, LiquidFire wrote: I don't think the nerf is that big of a deal. Almost all people I know that main heavy says that you can't tell a difference.
Yeah I know, also I noticed it was reduced.
But it's more about the idea that they are nerfing the stock weapons which is not something I like.

They've done that many many times though

DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 5 days ago Reply

Check it out, six dominations.
I've really gotten good as soldier.

I honestly don't know what my main is anymore.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer

So I'm still confused as to how that new game mode on that new moon map works. Kill robots, steal a reactor core after navigating a hallway full of lasers, and bringing it back makes it a far more complicated variant of CTF than it should be...

So I kind of just winged it, put a sentry in the middle, and racked up over 100 points in a round, leading me to believe either the map or the players need a huge overhaul.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer

At 7/23/14 07:03 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Stuff

I'm sad they changed the map and removed a lot of content it originally had. There was cave tunnels with death pits, and it was really fun to airblast people in them. I guess it was kind of plain looking though.

I felt the bottom tunnel with the bridge within the battlements was a good alternative though.

Also, the sound effect for when someone is stealing your cores, it went from way too loud to way too quite.

I like this idea but I'm not fully partial too it. Like, It's a little too similar to CTF at times. But, this is still in Beta so.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 4 days ago Reply

I haven't played some tf2 in a while, anybody care to tell me how the new beta maps are before I try them?

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!-///You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer

At 7/24/14 04:13 PM, darkjam wrote: I haven't played some tf2 in a while, anybody care to tell me how the new beta maps are before I try them?

The new payload map is pretty forgettable in my opinion, but rd_asteroid is pretty interesting. I think as a new game mode, it's more fun than, say, doomsday.

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer

At 7/24/14 05:38 PM, LDAF wrote: The new payload map is pretty forgettable in my opinion, but rd_asteroid is pretty interesting. I think as a new game mode, it's more fun than, say, doomsday.

It's sad how fast doomsday had died. I thought it was a pretty good gamemode, the frantic action was what made it so good. I hope this doesn't happen with the new game mode.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!-///You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 3 days ago Reply

At 7/24/14 07:13 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 7/24/14 05:38 PM, LDAF wrote: The new payload map is pretty forgettable in my opinion, but rd_asteroid is pretty interesting. I think as a new game mode, it's more fun than, say, doomsday.
It's sad how fast doomsday had died. I thought it was a pretty good gamemode, the frantic action was what made it so good. I hope this doesn't happen with the new game mode.

Hey, at least there's always a reasonable number of people playing Doomsday. Some maps/modes aren't so lucky...

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover

Normal day for me

Team Fortress 2 Crew

DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer

At 7/24/14 07:30 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Normal day for me

Jerry Seinfeld has left the game.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer

At 7/24/14 07:29 PM, LDAF wrote: Hey, at least there's always a reasonable number of people playing Doomsday. Some maps/modes aren't so lucky...

Never heard of that map, you're right then I suppose.

BBS Signature