New Topic Respond to this Topic
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-19 19:15:25 Reply

At 5/19/15 11:29 AM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Looking at multiple articles, all that I'm seeing is that it's a high-priority project (RIP in peace HL3).

We will have to wait and see what happens.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

ZeroDown
ZeroDown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-20 15:36:08 Reply

At 5/19/15 07:15 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/19/15 11:29 AM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Looking at multiple articles, all that I'm seeing is that it's a high-priority project (RIP in peace HL3).
We will have to wait and see what happens.

There's a chance you guys

Thanks to Decky for the sig hookup!
Ken Ashcorp Club

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-23 07:55:09 Reply

just played some recently
eh
same as it ever was

NOTE: if youre not seeing the image like this in the forums, then its because your browser is caching the image. (or youre just using internet explorer)

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-23 15:14:12 Reply

At 5/23/15 07:55 AM, kanef wrote: just played some recently
eh
same as it ever was

"eh" is right. Valve's main focus has been DOTA 2 and Counter-Strike these days

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-25 09:46:41 Reply

At 5/23/15 03:14 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote:
At 5/23/15 07:55 AM, kanef wrote: just played some recently
eh
same as it ever was
"eh" is right. Valve's main focus has been DOTA 2 and Counter-Strike these days

I think Valve is just slowly putting TF2 to rest, which is a shame. Ever since Kitty passed away, the community has really just been boring, not dickish, not inactive, but boring.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-27 11:43:58 Reply

At 5/25/15 09:46 AM, darkjam wrote: I think Valve is just slowly putting TF2 to rest, which is a shame. Ever since Kitty passed away, the community has really just been boring, not dickish, not inactive, but boring.

why are you associating him with tf2. dont. the best years were around 2008

NOTE: if youre not seeing the image like this in the forums, then its because your browser is caching the image. (or youre just using internet explorer)

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-27 17:36:41 Reply

At 5/27/15 11:43 AM, kanef wrote:
At 5/25/15 09:46 AM, darkjam wrote: I think Valve is just slowly putting TF2 to rest, which is a shame. Ever since Kitty passed away, the community has really just been boring, not dickish, not inactive, but boring.
why are you associating him with tf2. dont. the best years were around 2008

Eh? Wasn't that when it was released?

BBS Signature
SapphireLight
SapphireLight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-27 20:18:03 Reply

TF2 is consistently one of the most played games on steam by a huge margin. Yall trippin

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-28 22:55:27 Reply

At 5/27/15 08:18 PM, SapphireLight wrote: TF2 is consistently one of the most played games on steam by a huge margin. Yall trippin

Yeah, but the userbase right now is shitty.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-29 18:36:25 Reply

At 5/28/15 10:55 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 5/27/15 08:18 PM, SapphireLight wrote: TF2 is consistently one of the most played games on steam by a huge margin. Yall trippin
Yeah, but the userbase right now is shitty.

Overall, the userbase on online games is shitty. That's no excuse.

BBS Signature
LauriJ
LauriJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-06-03 13:16:11 Reply

So, wanna invite me when the next session is about to start?

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-02 20:05:23 Reply

Well, the latest update ruined sticky/rocket jumping.

Guess I'm done with TF2 until it's changed back, if it's ever changed back.

thanks valve also nice job not putting it in the patch notes hoping nobody would notice lol

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-02 22:10:20 Reply

At 7/2/15 08:05 PM, Oolaph wrote: Well, the latest update ruined sticky/rocket jumping.

Guess I'm done with TF2 until it's changed back, if it's ever changed back.

thanks valve also nice job not putting it in the patch notes hoping nobody would notice lol

I think it was unintentional.

From what I've heard, it's going to be fixed by tomorrow.

I've also come across this link.

“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-02 22:23:42 Reply

At 7/2/15 10:10 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I think it was unintentional.

From what I've heard, it's going to be fixed by tomorrow.

I've also come across this link.

These guys should really try playing the game they're developing before releasing big updates like this.

They leave a ton of things up to the community, but bug testing should not be one of them.

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-02 22:46:44 (edited 2015-07-02 22:51:19) Reply

I can sort of see some of the logic in the update... but at the same time I feel these huge updates usually break the game..
Why is it sometimes they will make a huge massive update that changes so many things?
I'm surprised they removed the silent killer for the Spy-cicle, I kinda enjoyed that attribute.
Also, it was a good way to have players use their ears, because the sound was what I always used for finding a spy.

The only one that really makes sense is having the Engineer's sentry explode upon changing to a gunslinger rather then everything...

That being said, it's been a while since I have played this game. I'm not sure what happened but this game no longer runs as smooth as it used too, I get frame drops on the lowest settings. One might assume it could be my computer lacking in graphics, but I can run more complex games like Payday 2 or Skyrim without any issues...

So it's probably going to be a while before I play this again...
It's actually getting to the point where I don't really enjoy this game as much as I used too...

Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-04 13:13:18 Reply

I've had a bit of a falling out with this game myself, but is it me, or is there just no pleasing people?
Are the reskin weapon possibilities all pepole are seeing? New maps (and the coveted Snowplow people have been begging for), weapon changes (yes, some are ridiculous), and above all no new wearable cosmetics in an update that hasn't totally broken the game.

Only thing that angers me most is that people have ended up accidentally CRAFTING stock weapons. So apparently now I need to have leftover tokens of every single class before or as an update comes out just to jump on the get-rich-quick scheme of abusing bugs.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-04 23:13:15 Reply

They tried to fix explosive jumping, got partway there and called it "fixed". Sticky jumping is still broken, sentry jumping is still broken, and rocket jumping is not the same as it was before.

Why does Valve always have such a hard time hitting Ctrl+Z, always gotta mess more things up by trying to find another workaround

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-04 23:53:42 (edited 2015-07-04 23:59:26) Reply

At 7/4/15 11:13 PM, Oolaph wrote: They tried to fix explosive jumping, got partway there and called it "fixed". Sticky jumping is still broken, sentry jumping is still broken, and rocket jumping is not the same as it was before.

What do they mean by fix? Was it even broken?
Or do you mean fix the problem that happened from the update?
I just don't understand the logic of some of these upgrades...

Also whats with these notes about picking up dropped weapons? I would assume to pick it up for ammo, but with all the notes they make it almost seem like you can pick it up and use it, rather then just take its ammo.
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-05 00:37:12 Reply

At 7/4/15 11:53 PM, DrClay wrote:
Also whats with these notes about picking up dropped weapons? I would assume to pick it up for ammo, but with all the notes they make it almost seem like you can pick it up and use it, rather then just take its ammo.

It's a new feature. Enemies now drop ammo boxes on death. Their weapon can then be picked up by anyone who is allowed to use it by swapping out their own weapon for that equipment slot.

Unfortunately, one critical mistake in that is that it currently allows spies to use the YER knife AND a disguise kit.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-05 00:58:32 Reply

At 7/5/15 12:37 AM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote:
Unfortunately, one critical mistake in that is that it currently allows spies to use the YER knife AND a disguise kit.

Hmm, well I guess I can't really blame them for making a mistake here and there....
I just wonder why they no longer do the beta thing, it was a good way of having people try stuff out and work out all the kinks.
I have to admit it is an interesting mechanic to see and all, and I can understand some of the choices they made in the update. I just don't like how sometimes they brake the game for a bit.

Maybe in a few days things will clear up though...
I'm just upset the caper was nerfed.

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-05 01:10:24 (edited 2015-07-05 01:15:04) Reply

At 7/4/15 11:53 PM, DrClay wrote: What do they mean by fix? Was it even broken?
Or do you mean fix the problem that happened from the update?
I just don't understand the logic of some of these upgrades...

There's been a bug around for ages where soldiers using the Battalion's Backup can't rocket jump quite as far as those without it, so in order to fix it they changed how the push from explosions work entirely and messed up every kind of explosive jump because they don't know how to playtest I guess. Then everyone complained, so instead of just reverting the change they tried some sort of workaround and claimed they fixed it, but everything is still messed up but just in a different way.

Weapons fall on the ground like they normally did, but now you can pick them up and use them if you're the right class. They also drop medium ammo packs now so you can still get ammo when killing people.

Say you're a Soldier using stock Rocket Launcher and you kill another Soldier using the Direct Hit, he'll drop his Direct Hit on the ground and you can switch to it right there with the exact ammo he had when he died.

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-05 01:16:15 (edited 2015-07-05 01:18:44) Reply

At 7/5/15 01:10 AM, Oolaph wrote: Say you're a Soldier using stock Rocket Launcher and you kill another Soldier using the Direct Hit, he'll drop his Direct Hit on the ground and you can switch to it right there with the exact ammo he had when he died.

I just realized... That might ruin a lot of randomizer servers...

Hopefully they will revert the explosion jump physics...

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-05 01:18:56 Reply

At 7/5/15 01:16 AM, DrClay wrote: I just realized... That might ruin a lot of randomizer servers...

It also completely changes the entire metagame around medics' ubers in competitive play.

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-05 01:21:30 Reply

At 7/5/15 01:18 AM, Oolaph wrote:
At 7/5/15 01:16 AM, DrClay wrote: I just realized... That might ruin a lot of randomizer servers...
It also completely changes the entire metagame around medics' ubers in competitive play.

Well maybe they will make this an optional thing for servers.
I wonder how this is going to change the Retrospective 2 TF2 Tournament