Be a Supporter!

Team Fortress 2 Crew

  • 684,693 Views
  • 18,854 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-19 19:15:25 Reply

At 5/19/15 11:29 AM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Looking at multiple articles, all that I'm seeing is that it's a high-priority project (RIP in peace HL3).

We will have to wait and see what happens.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

ZeroDown
ZeroDown
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2014
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Writer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-20 15:36:08 Reply

At 5/19/15 07:15 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/19/15 11:29 AM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Looking at multiple articles, all that I'm seeing is that it's a high-priority project (RIP in peace HL3).
We will have to wait and see what happens.

There's a chance you guys


Thanks to Decky for the sig hookup!
Ken Ashcorp Club

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-23 07:55:09 Reply

just played some recently
eh
same as it ever was


NOTE: if youre not seeing the image like this in the forums, then its because your browser is caching the image. (or youre just using internet explorer)

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Member since: Dec. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-23 15:14:12 Reply

At 5/23/15 07:55 AM, kanef wrote: just played some recently
eh
same as it ever was

"eh" is right. Valve's main focus has been DOTA 2 and Counter-Strike these days


BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-25 09:46:41 Reply

At 5/23/15 03:14 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote:
At 5/23/15 07:55 AM, kanef wrote: just played some recently
eh
same as it ever was
"eh" is right. Valve's main focus has been DOTA 2 and Counter-Strike these days

I think Valve is just slowly putting TF2 to rest, which is a shame. Ever since Kitty passed away, the community has really just been boring, not dickish, not inactive, but boring.


I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-27 11:43:58 Reply

At 5/25/15 09:46 AM, darkjam wrote: I think Valve is just slowly putting TF2 to rest, which is a shame. Ever since Kitty passed away, the community has really just been boring, not dickish, not inactive, but boring.

why are you associating him with tf2. dont. the best years were around 2008


NOTE: if youre not seeing the image like this in the forums, then its because your browser is caching the image. (or youre just using internet explorer)

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Member since: Dec. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-27 17:36:41 Reply

At 5/27/15 11:43 AM, kanef wrote:
At 5/25/15 09:46 AM, darkjam wrote: I think Valve is just slowly putting TF2 to rest, which is a shame. Ever since Kitty passed away, the community has really just been boring, not dickish, not inactive, but boring.
why are you associating him with tf2. dont. the best years were around 2008

Eh? Wasn't that when it was released?


BBS Signature
SapphireLight
SapphireLight
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-27 20:18:03 Reply

TF2 is consistently one of the most played games on steam by a huge margin. Yall trippin


BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-28 22:55:27 Reply

At 5/27/15 08:18 PM, SapphireLight wrote: TF2 is consistently one of the most played games on steam by a huge margin. Yall trippin

Yeah, but the userbase right now is shitty.


I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-05-29 18:36:25 Reply

At 5/28/15 10:55 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 5/27/15 08:18 PM, SapphireLight wrote: TF2 is consistently one of the most played games on steam by a huge margin. Yall trippin
Yeah, but the userbase right now is shitty.

Overall, the userbase on online games is shitty. That's no excuse.


BBS Signature
LauriJ
LauriJ
  • Member since: Jun. 27, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-06-03 13:16:11 Reply

So, wanna invite me when the next session is about to start?

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-02 20:05:23 Reply

Well, the latest update ruined sticky/rocket jumping.

Guess I'm done with TF2 until it's changed back, if it's ever changed back.

thanks valve also nice job not putting it in the patch notes hoping nobody would notice lol


BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-02 22:10:20 Reply

At 7/2/15 08:05 PM, Oolaph wrote: Well, the latest update ruined sticky/rocket jumping.

Guess I'm done with TF2 until it's changed back, if it's ever changed back.

thanks valve also nice job not putting it in the patch notes hoping nobody would notice lol

I think it was unintentional.

From what I've heard, it's going to be fixed by tomorrow.

I've also come across this link.


“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-02 22:23:42 Reply

At 7/2/15 10:10 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I think it was unintentional.

From what I've heard, it's going to be fixed by tomorrow.

I've also come across this link.

These guys should really try playing the game they're developing before releasing big updates like this.

They leave a ton of things up to the community, but bug testing should not be one of them.


BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-07-02 22:46:44 (edited 2015-07-02 22:51:19) Reply

I can sort of see some of the logic in the update... but at the same time I feel these huge updates usually break the game..
Why is it sometimes they will make a huge massive update that changes so many things?
I'm surprised they removed the silent killer for the Spy-cicle, I kinda enjoyed that attribute.
Also, it was a good way to have players use their ears, because the sound was what I always used for finding a spy.

The only one that really makes sense is having the Engineer's sentry explode upon changing to a gunslinger rather then everything...

That being said, it's been a while since I have played this game. I'm not sure what happened but this game no longer runs as smooth as it used too, I get frame drops on the lowest settings. One might assume it could be my computer lacking in graphics, but I can run more complex games like Payday 2 or Skyrim without any issues...

So it's probably going to be a while before I play this again...
It's actually getting to the point where I don't really enjoy this game as much as I used too...