darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-23 13:53:19 Reply

Got my items stolen.
Been 4 weeks since I contacted Steam Support.
Not one fucking word on progress.
Fuck Valve.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-23 17:46:37 Reply

At 12/22/14 08:52 PM, Oolaph wrote: Smissmas has arrived, and it's more substantial than I expected. Tons of "small" Demoman tweaks that can change the way he's played a lot more than some might realise.

There was a small time period in which a few of the festive variant weapons could be outputs in crafting.
Kill me now.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-23 20:20:21 Reply

At 12/23/14 05:46 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote:
At 12/22/14 08:52 PM, Oolaph wrote: Smissmas has arrived, and it's more substantial than I expected. Tons of "small" Demoman tweaks that can change the way he's played a lot more than some might realise.
There was a small time period in which a few of the festive variant weapons could be outputs in crafting.
Kill me now.

that fucking feel bro

i was in the scrap.tf queue and i was about to purchase like 30 rescue rangers so i could spam craft engie primaries to try and get the festive shotgun with my name on

but the steam api went down or something and backpacks weren't accessible. i guess valve pulled the plug after they realised they fucked it up and as soon as backpacks and shit were accessible again, the festives were uncraftable

i was so fucking livid and it still bothers me now. i don't think i will ever stop making pic related face when i see a festive shotgun

Team Fortress 2 Crew

hey

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-24 02:06:55 Reply

I haven't played enough recently to experience the balance changes or the new weapons, but is anyone else annoyed with all these releases or "works in progress"? I mean, if it's not ready for release, then don't release it.

Are any of the new weapons interesting at all? I sincerely hope Valve has not given up on TF2.

“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-24 13:44:49 (edited 2014-12-24 13:45:36) Reply

At 12/24/14 02:06 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Are any of the new weapons interesting at all? I sincerely hope Valve has not given up on TF2.

They're not incredibly new or interesting, but at least they're not reskins.

The Iron Bomber

Demoman Grenade Launcher
Grenades do not bounce or roll
Damage radius reduced by 20%
Grenades that self-detonate deal 10% less damage

This is one you can sort of use as timed mines since they don't roll around at all. Since I started playing around with it I almost like it more than the stock pills.

The Quickiebomb Launcher

Demoman Stickybomb Launcher
Stickybomb arm time reduced by 0.2 seconds
Stickybombs can destroy enemy stickybombs
Charge time decreased by 50%
Stickybombs fizzle after 2 seconds
-15% damage penalty
-25% clip size

It's "Sticky Spam: The Weapon", that's really all there is to say about it. Oh, and the viewmodel is ugly.

The Panic Attack

Multiclass Shotgun
34% Faster reload time
Hold fire to load up to 4 shells
Fire rate increases as health decreases
Weapon spread increases as health decreases

I both love and hate this one. If you play the Mannpower beta gamemode, get a powerup like haste or strength, and store your shots by switching to the grappling hook, it's one of the most fun weapons I've used. But that's a lot of hoops to jump through just to make this weapon enjoyable. Other than using it that way it feels like a Beggar's Bazooka clone except with less control.

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-26 09:02:14 Reply

Got a backpack extender from the Gift stuffed stocking. As a super cheapskate who's still f2p, this pleases me.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-27 15:28:37 Reply

Gaben squeezed more money out of me than ever this update....I love valve

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-27 18:15:09 Reply

At 12/27/14 03:28 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Gaben squeezed more money out of me than ever this update....I love valve

Paying for updates is always lame. They only want your money.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Ocelot
Ocelot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Writer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-30 17:02:05 Reply

This F2P game has cultivated quite a community for itself on why C&C.

Congratulations to the members here on active participation and socially networking with others around this!

-

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-30 19:29:46 Reply

At 12/30/14 05:02 PM, Ocelot wrote: This F2P game has cultivated quite a community for itself on why C&C.

Congratulations to the members here on active participation and socially networking with others around this!

Thank you. You should include any links that you have.

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-08 13:49:14 Reply

Been playing lots of Soldier lately.

It's such a fun class to play, especially since I'm so used to playing spy. I mostly use stock Rocket launcher, Gunboats, and the equalizer or the Escape plan. I just feel like a tank as soldier, There is so much I can do, so many places I can go, and I can deliver so much damage. I also love the Soldiers very masculine, yet utterly insane personality.

I've also been improving a good bit on my rocket jumping which is always fun.

“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-08 15:58:15 Reply

At 1/8/15 01:49 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Been playing lots of Soldier lately.

It's such a fun class to play, especially since I'm so used to playing spy. I mostly use stock Rocket launcher, Gunboats, and the equalizer or the Escape plan. I just feel like a tank as soldier, There is so much I can do, so many places I can go, and I can deliver so much damage. I also love the Soldiers very masculine, yet utterly insane personality.

I've also been improving a good bit on my rocket jumping which is always fun.

Gotta have those jumps, man. Best game mechanic of all time.

Speaking of playing classes we don't normally play, medigun-less medic is the only way I can have fun in pubs anymore. Other than that, the only video games I've been playing for the past few months is MGE. Maybe I should get back into doing jump maps or something.

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-09 23:29:28 Reply

So duck drops are finally over, but at least you can still get your BONUS DUCKS! fix.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-12 13:40:23 (edited 2015-01-12 13:41:00) Reply

At 1/9/15 11:29 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: So duck drops are finally over, but at least you can still get your BONUS DUCKS! fix.

The duck icons are slightly smaller then the empty icons and it bothers me....
Other then that a cute little mini game. Meaningless but slightly amusing.

What's with TF2 suddenly making random things their focus lately?
Robots, Bread, and now Ducks.

Also I tried out the new game mode, and I actually kind of enjoyed it. I mean, it's nothing completely new but still it is a nice change of pace from the standard game mode. I'm not really sure what STAR_ was talking about when he said he was kinda disappointed with it. My only complaint would be is that some of the power ups combined with certain aspects are OP. Like, Heavy and medics tend to join with the Strength and Resistance combo (They each have either of those two)
and just annihilate everyone.

I would think a good way to even it out would be perhaps provide a negative effect to some of the power ups as well.

For example, the Vampire effect, a medic shouldn't be able to heal you if you have it.
Or perhaps that should apply to the Strength or Resistance power up.

That's just my two cents though.

TF2 Crew I User Icon Makers Club I Source Filmmaker Crew I
NEWGROUNDS TF2 Server: 192.223.24.28

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-13 18:23:09 Reply

At 1/12/15 01:40 PM, DrClay wrote: I'm not really sure what STAR_ was talking about when he said he was kinda disappointed with it. My only complaint would be is that some of the power ups combined with certain aspects are OP. Like, Heavy and medics tend to join with the Strength and Resistance combo (They each have either of those two)
and just annihilate everyone.

That's basically his problem. A player who joins the server mid match and a combination like this is already in play, that fresh player will get wiped across the floor.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-17 17:54:32 Reply

I'm not sure what happened in the past few weeks, but suddenly my fps for this game has massively dropped.
I figured I needed to clean out my computer and all (you know, dust the cpu and all) but even so the game isn't running well, not even at the lowest settings....

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-17 20:54:06 Reply

Has anybody left this game and never returned? They always come back.

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-18 11:59:39 Reply

At 1/17/15 05:54 PM, DrClay wrote: I'm not sure what happened in the past few weeks, but suddenly my fps for this game has massively dropped.
I figured I needed to clean out my computer and all (you know, dust the cpu and all) but even so the game isn't running well, not even at the lowest settings....

I've been fine, if it wasn't your PC then what about your isp?

BBS Signature
JRob
JRob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-19 02:02:49 Reply

Am I late? I wanna talk about MvM. Let's talk about MvM. Ever since they gave out two untradable tour of duty tickets (fuck you Valve, I wanted my 50 cent tickets on the Steam market), MvM has been clogged with insufferable noobs. And since they included australiums in all tours that aren't Oil Spill, a good number of Two Cities meta idiots have been trying Gear Grinder. No, you fuckers, we don't appreciate medics in expert MvM, or soldiers on the first couple waves, get the fuck out of here - you don't NEED a medic. Used to be you got kicked for going medic, and now it's the other way around thanks to these brainless cunts. I have yet to get an australium from MvM (fuck you Valve, I fucking deserve it, as much as I've carried teams in the past), but I have gotten some good drops like diamond and blood botkillers. Also, did I mention how much I hate the two cities meta? It's fucking cancer. People seriously believe you ABSOLUTELY NEED a medic, soldier ABSOLUTELY NEEDS to be using the buff banner, the medic ABSOLUTELY NEEDS to kritz the demo's stickies, spy, sniper, and pyro are ABSOLUTELY USELESS in MvM and should never be played, etc. - however, ABSOLUTELY NONE of this is true, and if you think so, delete your system32 right now. The expert meta works like godmode on Mannhattan. There are plenty of ways to get better healing than what a medic gives you, avoiding projectiles, and not dying so often that you keep needing the medic to revive you. No you don't NEED that bonus, especially in Two Cities - stop buying such retarded upgrades like max rage on heavy, or jump height on soldier. Basically stop insisting that you must have the setup of scout, soldier, demo, medic, heavy, and engy every. single. fucking. mission. That shit gets boring really quickly, and is very inefficient compared to countless other setups. Try using your brain and think of what can and can't work. Also, for fucks sake kritz meds and buff soldiers, stop critting against battalion's backup soldiers - I'm starting to think 99% of you are fucking illiterate. Battalion's backup completely negates crits, meaning you're wasting time blowing that horn that doesn't do shit to them, or wasting that kritz. Also, I've been trying to set personal bests for highest damage on missions, and so far I've topped 250k total as pyro on Broken Parts in Mecha Engine; I've yet to break 250k on Empire Escalation, but the closest I've come to it was 245k on my alt.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

4:08 PM - Detective Prince: why does it matter HOW MANY of a thing you've watched
4:09 PM - Nor // [Loli]: Anime is a fucking sport

BBS Signature
JRob
JRob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-19 02:10:31 Reply

And here's that one time I massively rekt as pyro on Broken parts (yes, total damage is over 250k)

pyro is not fucking useless in MvM, you Two Cities meta retards

Team Fortress 2 Crew

4:08 PM - Detective Prince: why does it matter HOW MANY of a thing you've watched

BBS Signature
JRob
JRob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-19 15:08:59 Reply

If anyone is in need of MvM tours, here is my account so you can add me

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-19 21:30:00 (edited 2015-01-19 21:34:49) Reply

At 1/19/15 03:08 PM, JRob wrote: If anyone is in need of MvM tours, here is my account so you can add me

I'm not that into MvM, but I might add you for when I do. I don't like it when my team is full of gibuses who know nothing about the game. My account is private, but you should me you should recognize me

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-21 22:04:37 Reply

At 1/18/15 11:59 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 1/17/15 05:54 PM, DrClay wrote: I'm not sure what happened in the past few weeks, but suddenly my fps for this game has massively dropped.
I've been fine, if it wasn't your PC then what about your isp?

I usually have a low ping. It's the PC, but there isn't really a reason why I would be having this much trouble running it. Just a week ago, I was able to run the game fine without any fps drops...

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2015-01-24 00:48:05 Reply

I will be playing this game more next month.