New Topic Respond to this Topic
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-11 21:10:48 Reply

At 12/10/14 10:32 AM, Splats wrote: Beta-testers all over praised it - it's Valve that decided it was "too confusing for new players"

New players will not be confused by it. They may be bored by the little addition of new stuff.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-22 20:52:03 Reply

Smissmas has arrived, and it's more substantial than I expected. Tons of "small" Demoman tweaks that can change the way he's played a lot more than some might realise.

BBS Signature
Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-22 22:14:41 Reply

At 12/22/14 08:52 PM, Oolaph wrote: Smissmas has arrived, and it's more substantial than I expected. Tons of "small" Demoman tweaks that can change the way he's played a lot more than some might realise.

been messing around for a while. i can barely even notice the nerf to the sticky launcher

i really

really

really like the new pipe launcher. it's siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. pipes don't roll around or bounce so they're kinda like timed mines instead now. i guess it's just a placebo or something right now but i feel way more accurate with it than stock. direct pipes have never been so fun

the new sticky launcher is sorta neat. i don't like it because i can't trap. but i did play it with a kritz medic. the carnage. the destruction

also, for a short period, some of the new festive weapons were craftable. they aren't anymore. i really wanted a festive shotgun that said crafted by me

;_;

hey

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-22 22:36:53 Reply

At 12/22/14 10:14 PM, Crink wrote: been messing around for a while. i can barely even notice the nerf to the sticky launcher

the sticky nerf isn't a huge deal but it's definitely an improvement to balance i think. the loch-n-load nerf is a big one though, it no longer kills 125hp classes in one hit and that was the main reason people used it.

really like the new pipe launcher. it's siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. pipes don't roll around or bounce so they're kinda like timed mines instead now. i guess it's just a placebo or something right now but i feel way more accurate with it than stock. direct pipes have never been so fun

playing with it right now, it's a lot of fun. i love the model and the sound effects give it a really satisfying feeling.

the new sticky launcher is sorta neat. i don't like it because i can't trap. but i did play it with a kritz medic. the carnage. the destruction

i'm not really a fan at all, it's essentially "m1 m2 Spam: The Weapon" and i don't really dig that. plus it makes destroying buildings way too tough to reliably play that role.

Also, I found some NEXT LEVEL STRATS for the new "Mannpower" gamemode. if you're using the new shotgun you can load up all of your shots and then switch to the grappling hook to store them, allowing you to have four quick meatshots whenever you need them.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-23 13:53:19 Reply

Got my items stolen.
Been 4 weeks since I contacted Steam Support.
Not one fucking word on progress.
Fuck Valve.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-23 17:46:37 Reply

At 12/22/14 08:52 PM, Oolaph wrote: Smissmas has arrived, and it's more substantial than I expected. Tons of "small" Demoman tweaks that can change the way he's played a lot more than some might realise.

There was a small time period in which a few of the festive variant weapons could be outputs in crafting.
Kill me now.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-23 20:20:21 Reply

At 12/23/14 05:46 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote:
There was a small time period in which a few of the festive variant weapons could be outputs in crafting.
Kill me now.

that fucking feel bro

i was in the scrap.tf queue and i was about to purchase like 30 rescue rangers so i could spam craft engie primaries to try and get the festive shotgun with my name on

but the steam api went down or something and backpacks weren't accessible. i guess valve pulled the plug after they realised they fucked it up and as soon as backpacks and shit were accessible again, the festives were uncraftable

i was so fucking livid and it still bothers me now. i don't think i will ever stop making pic related face when i see a festive shotgun

Team Fortress 2 Crew

hey

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-24 02:06:55 Reply

I haven't played enough recently to experience the balance changes or the new weapons, but is anyone else annoyed with all these releases or "works in progress"? I mean, if it's not ready for release, then don't release it.

Are any of the new weapons interesting at all? I sincerely hope Valve has not given up on TF2.

“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-24 13:44:49 (edited 2014-12-24 13:45:36) Reply

At 12/24/14 02:06 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Are any of the new weapons interesting at all? I sincerely hope Valve has not given up on TF2.

They're not incredibly new or interesting, but at least they're not reskins.

The Iron Bomber

Demoman Grenade Launcher
Grenades do not bounce or roll
Damage radius reduced by 20%
Grenades that self-detonate deal 10% less damage

This is one you can sort of use as timed mines since they don't roll around at all. Since I started playing around with it I almost like it more than the stock pills.

The Quickiebomb Launcher

Demoman Stickybomb Launcher
Stickybomb arm time reduced by 0.2 seconds
Stickybombs can destroy enemy stickybombs
Charge time decreased by 50%
Stickybombs fizzle after 2 seconds
-15% damage penalty
-25% clip size

It's "Sticky Spam: The Weapon", that's really all there is to say about it. Oh, and the viewmodel is ugly.

The Panic Attack

Multiclass Shotgun
34% Faster reload time
Hold fire to load up to 4 shells
Fire rate increases as health decreases
Weapon spread increases as health decreases

I both love and hate this one. If you play the Mannpower beta gamemode, get a powerup like haste or strength, and store your shots by switching to the grappling hook, it's one of the most fun weapons I've used. But that's a lot of hoops to jump through just to make this weapon enjoyable. Other than using it that way it feels like a Beggar's Bazooka clone except with less control.

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2014-12-26 09:02:14 Reply

Got a backpack extender from the Gift stuffed stocking. As a super cheapskate who's still f2p, this pleases me.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature