New Topic Respond to this Topic
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Apr. 29th, 2013 @ 12:30 AM Reply

At 4/27/13 04:31 AM, LiquidFire wrote: The new spy mask is really creeping me out.

Handsome Jack class confirmed.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Apr. 29th, 2013 @ 08:17 PM Reply

So I got Poker Night 2 and I am trying to unlock all of the items. I have almost no idea how to play poker other than abit of poker I played in Red Dead Redemption. I dont know if I have 'good cards' I dont know if im doing anything, im just shooting in the dark. Well, 10 losses in a row and I finally got 1 win. I got myself that handsome jack mask. Say, how would I get the longfall loafers? Glados doesn't play with us, why would she bet an item?

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Apr. 29th, 2013 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 4/29/13 08:17 PM, sweet21 wrote: So I got Poker Night 2 and I am trying to unlock all of the items. I have almost no idea how to play poker other than abit of poker I played in Red Dead Redemption. I dont know if I have 'good cards' I dont know if im doing anything, im just shooting in the dark. Well, 10 losses in a row and I finally got 1 win. I got myself that handsome jack mask. Say, how would I get the longfall loafers? Glados doesn't play with us, why would she bet an item?

When you beat eeeeeeeeveryone else. There's a challenge at the end where you have to win 2 tournaments in a row too.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Apr. 29th, 2013 @ 10:20 PM Reply

At 4/29/13 09:08 PM, Makeshift wrote: When you beat eeeeeeeeveryone else. There's a challenge at the end where you have to win 2 tournaments in a row too.

Guess im not getting those loafers then. I dont know how to play poker, and after 15 losses in a row I got my first win. Barely. I just dont know what I am doing. I dont know if my cards are good, I dont even know what I have until Glados tells me what it is. And even then I dont know whats better, a pair of kings or a pair of 5's. Aw man :|

I would probably be winning if I knew how to play.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Apr. 29th, 2013 @ 10:25 PM Reply

At 4/29/13 10:20 PM, sweet21 wrote:
I would probably be winning if I knew how to play.

Consistency issues. Currently, 15 losses. Maybe. I have -$320,000 at the moment. I dont feel like doing the math. Anyway, I did get a second item put on the roll. Im hoping to get Sam's banjo next.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 03:44 AM Reply

The challenges you have to complete are random each time new ones are chosen. I never got the one where I had to win 2 tournaments back to back.

But if you have trouble winning, I'd suggest playing Omaha. I had way more luck winning in that one, than in texas hold'em.
I also had a screenshot of the in-game cheatsheet open at all times, so I could easily check which hands I could get.
I also used this to check how strong my hand was.

Constantly going all in also seems to work for a lot of people. Good luck getting them guys.

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 03:12 PM Reply

I just got all the items yesterday, Omaha is better, but those challenges are difficult. The one challenge I had that was difficult was winning a showdown with a Flush or Better. It took a while, but I did it. Soon after though I started getting full houses like crazy.

Poker isn't too hard if you played around on Poker Night 1, and they made it sort of easier with Poker Night 2.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 1st, 2013 @ 06:22 AM Reply

At 4/30/13 03:12 PM, Boomstick wrote: Poker isn't too hard if you played around on Poker Night 1, and they made it sort of easier with Poker Night 2.

I think it's way harder than poker night 1.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 1st, 2013 @ 07:21 PM Reply

Almost got the loafers. I completed 2/3 challenges before glados bets the core. For my last task I have to

'Win a showdown with a high card'

But I dont understand, isn't a high card the lowest possible value? I have never seen even ONE high card. Or maybe I have and I just dont know it.
How do I win with a high card? Everyone who stays has at least a pair.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 1st, 2013 @ 07:34 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 07:21 PM, sweet21 wrote: How do I win with a high card? Everyone who stays has at least a pair.

An example of this would be you and someone else both get nothing, but you have a higher card in your hand than them, so you win. Or you get the exact same pair and you have a higher second card... hope that makes sense.

So like, you have a 5 and a King, your opponenet has a 9 and a 10. The other cards give you and your opponent NOTHING, but you win because you have the highest card (the King).

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 1st, 2013 @ 10:08 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 07:34 PM, Makeshift wrote: So like, you have a 5 and a King, your opponenet has a 9 and a 10. The other cards give you and your opponent NOTHING, but you win because you have the highest card (the King).

So thats a high card eh? Well thats doable. I've won afew that way before. opponent had a piar of 9's and I had a pair of 10's. Or we both had a full house but I had a bigger house. Aha, here I cone game, im getting those damned loafers!

Also my score is severely improved. I broke even. I had -$360,000 and I now have $0.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 1st, 2013 @ 11:32 PM Reply

Haha! All the items are MINE! I am a WINNER! Suck it!

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:20 PM Reply

If you fellas didn't see the announcement in the club, I just like to let you know that I'm opening the server this weekend.

TF2 Crew I User Icon Makers Club I Source Filmmaker Crew I
NEWGROUNDS TF2 Server: 192.223.24.28

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:42 PM Reply

At 5/2/13 01:20 PM, DrClay wrote: If you fellas didn't see the announcement in the club, I just like to let you know that I'm opening the server this weekend.

Awesome, got any matches planned for then? By the way did anybody else get this thing that transfers their T.F.2. "To a new efficient format."?

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!-///You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 5/2/13 02:42 PM, darkjam wrote: By the way did anybody else get this thing that transfers their T.F.2. "To a new efficient format."?

Yeah, not sure why.

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:13 PM Reply

At 5/2/13 04:18 PM, DrClay wrote:
At 5/2/13 02:42 PM, darkjam wrote: By the way did anybody else get this thing that transfers their T.F.2. "To a new efficient format."?
Yeah, not sure why.

It's for steampipe or something, it's to make map loading/updates efficient by changing the storage. The details are on the team fortress website I think.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:08 PM Reply

At 5/2/13 06:13 PM, Boomstick wrote:
It's for steampipe or something, it's to make map loading/updates efficient by changing the storage. The details are on the team fortress website I think.

Well now the dictionary "Team fortress 2" no longer exist in the username folder in steam, and now hammer editor is broken... Damn it Gabe...

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 3rd, 2013 @ 02:22 AM Reply

At 5/2/13 10:08 PM, DrClay wrote:
At 5/2/13 06:13 PM, Boomstick wrote:
Well now the dictionary "Team fortress 2" no longer exist in the username folder in steam, and now hammer editor is broken... Damn it Gabe...

It's located in steamapps/common/ now

Might want to read this if steampipe is completely new for you.

DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 3rd, 2013 @ 02:41 AM Reply

At 5/3/13 02:22 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Might want to read this if steampipe is completely new for you.

In that case, I might have to cancel the server being open, since I have to make changes to the settings...

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 3rd, 2013 @ 12:12 PM Reply

At 5/3/13 02:41 AM, DrClay wrote: In that case, I might have to cancel the server being open, since I have to make changes to the settings...

I opened up the server and I was able to join it, so it should be open. Let me know if there's any problems.

if you guys wanna do pyro tennis or heavy boxing, I can change it to that eventually, I would just have to restart the server to do so.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:15 PM Reply

Ah OK. So for the last time who wants to do the last engi tour of duty mission with me?

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!-///You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:19 PM Reply

if you guys wanna do pyro tennis or heavy boxing, I can change it to that eventually, I would just have to restart the server to do so.

Yeah pyro tennis if fun! You don't have to but if you can, think you can have it run a balloon race? P.S. Anybody got an I.P. for one of those?

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 3rd, 2013 @ 05:20 PM Reply

Well this is a load of bullshit. I Just finished the advanced tour of duty and got a mini gun and then spent like 3 hours asking to trade for a rocket launcher on trade servers and not one person has one,there doesn't seem to be a lack of scatter gun and sticky launcher bot killers though do they Valve?! Also I finally found a robocrate then traded one for 2 scrap.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 4th, 2013 @ 09:25 AM Reply

http://i.imgur.com/YJtOdIM.jpg

My medic is done.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
level1isbest
level1isbest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 4th, 2013 @ 03:38 PM Reply

So jealous of that Kritzkrieg.

Meanwhile, I can't stop making changes to my medic...

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 5th, 2013 @ 05:29 PM Reply

I fucking love my medic.
Favorite class in TF2

Team Fortress 2 Crew

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 7th, 2013 @ 03:38 AM Reply

A nice fellow just traded me two stranges for 8 normal weapons. I got a strange persian persuader, and a strange shovel out of it.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 7th, 2013 @ 04:56 AM Reply

At 5/7/13 03:38 AM, sweet21 wrote: A nice fellow just traded me two stranges for 8 normal weapons. I got a strange persian persuader, and a strange shovel out of it.

Then you overpaid by a couple of weapons, then. Should have cost a rec tops for that pair.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 7th, 2013 @ 01:02 PM Reply

I was very close to learning how to import my own models into tf2, but now I can't really get it working because I am unable to do some of the directions required, because of the steam pipeline update.
For example, they say to use a pre-existing model, and convert some of its files to be used with yours (like its physics and such) but now I can't get those models.

I tried checking in the new tf2 folder, but the models aren't there.
I even tried using the SFM models folder, but the model decompiler doesn't like them...

I'm getting really tired of learning things only when I have to learn them again....

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew May. 7th, 2013 @ 05:50 PM Reply

At 5/7/13 04:56 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 5/7/13 03:38 AM, sweet21 wrote: A nice fellow just traded me two stranges for 8 normal weapons. I got a strange persian persuader, and a strange shovel out of it.
Then you overpaid by a couple of weapons, then. Should have cost a rec tops for that pair.

I know that now looking up the spreadsheet, dont mock me!

Oh well, I only traded weapons I couldn't scrap on my own. You have no idea how long I have held on to my diamondback because I didn't have another spy weapon to smelt with.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature