LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-27 02:15:26 Reply

At 2/26/13 10:20 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 2/26/13 05:30 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Here's some pictures of the Skullgirls hat

Higher resolution
Sick. I wonder if it will become a promo item you can buy post launch of remain exclusive to those who donated to the project or pre-order the game. If so I think I got myself a rare hat.

It's most likely going to be available in a unique version later on, since that seems to be the path valve takes with all promo items these days.

I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-27 13:54:50 Reply

I don't know why, but my soda popper doesn't have that shine on it, if you know what I mean, is this an option or something? If you don't know what I mean by shine, here's a picture.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-27 14:21:16 Reply

At 2/27/13 01:54 PM, darkjam wrote: I don't know why, but my soda popper doesn't have that shine on it, if you know what I mean, is this an option or something? If you don't know what I mean by shine, here's a picture.

Also, they don't glow when critical hits is on, like when my hype meter is on, I only get the electricity.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-27 17:56:52 Reply

At 2/27/13 02:21 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 2/27/13 01:54 PM, darkjam wrote: I don't know why, but my soda popper doesn't have that shine on it, if you know what I mean, is this an option or something? If you don't know what I mean by shine, here's a picture.
Also, they don't glow when critical hits is on, like when my hype meter is on, I only get the electricity.

Oh yeah, when I use pyrovision goggles, all i see is colored sparkles, in videos I watch there's is grass and flower everywhere. Also does anybody want to trade, I need and infernal orchestra.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-27 19:01:55 Reply

At 2/27/13 05:56 PM, darkjam wrote: Oh yeah, when I use pyrovision goggles, all i see is colored sparkles, in videos I watch there's is grass and flower everywhere.

it only works on like 3 maps.
2fort being one of them.

I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-27 21:46:38 Reply

At 2/27/13 07:01 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 2/27/13 05:56 PM, darkjam wrote: Oh yeah, when I use pyrovision goggles, all i see is colored sparkles, in videos I watch there's is grass and flower everywhere.
2fort being one of them.

Maps with differing textures while in Pyroland:

2Fort
5Gorge
Badlands (Arena)
Badlands (Control Point)
Badlands (King of the Hill)
Badwater Basin
Barnblitz
Doomsday
Dustbowl
Foundry
Gravel Pit
Gold Rush
Hightower
Mann Manor
Viaduct

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-28 03:31:19 Reply

At 2/27/13 07:01 PM, sweet21 wrote:
2fort being one of them.

It's actually possible to make it work on almost all maps. There's a text file which defines what maps the pyroland textures show up on, and if you add maps to it, they'll show up on those maps as well. Although, most of the maps aren't set up for pyroland textures, most of them will still look alright.

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-28 07:13:17 Reply

At 2/28/13 03:31 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
It's actually possible to make it work on almost all maps. There's a text file which defines what maps the pyroland textures show up on, and if you add maps to it, they'll show up on those maps as well. Although, most of the maps aren't set up for pyroland textures, most of them will still look alright.

Doesn't it just replace vanilla texture pallets (E.G tf2_cp_badlands_sand.vtf or whathaveyou) with updated pyroland materials? I've definitely seen custom maps with working pyroland textures in cases where the custom map was using mostly vanilla materials. I usually keep the goggles on anyways just to see my Deadly Duckling getting kill credits, which never ceases to be giggle-worthy.

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-28 07:36:19 Reply

At 2/28/13 07:13 AM, Famas wrote: Doesn't it just replace vanilla texture pallets (E.G tf2_cp_badlands_sand.vtf or whathaveyou) with updated pyroland materials?

I have no idea if that's what it does.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-28 10:35:27 Reply

Some item makers from Facepunch.com has started a new community update some time ago, called Robotic Boogaloo

The fake update isn't completed yet, but the site is live including a video
http://robots.tf2mods.net/

But if you want a sneak peak here's a gallery of all the submitted items
http://imgur.com/a/h6j9r

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-28 14:52:24 Reply

Ok but why is that I'm the only one with my guns not being shiny and having the light shine off it and my gun not glowing when I get criticals? I it a glitch or something?

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-28 18:02:49 Reply

At 2/28/13 10:35 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
But if you want a sneak peak here's a gallery of all the submitted items
http://imgur.com/a/h6j9r

Wow, that's pretty impressive. I like the robotic camera beard.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-28 18:14:57 Reply

New update.
Made the Brutal Legend and Bit.trip runner 2 promo items tradable and craftable.
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/February_28,_2013_Patch

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-28 18:16:40 Reply

At 2/28/13 02:52 PM, darkjam wrote: Ok but why is that I'm the only one with my guns not being shiny and having the light shine off it and my gun not glowing when I get criticals? I it a glitch or something?

What do you mean with not being shiny? Can you provide a picture of the shiny guns and a picture of your non-shiny ones?

Does some of the standard weapons glow when you have crits? Like the rocket launcher, the scatter gun, the minigun etc.
Since some of the newer weapons doesn't have crit glow.

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-28 22:59:20 Reply

At 2/28/13 06:16 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
What do you mean with not being shiny? Can you provide a picture of the shiny guns and a picture of your non-shiny ones?

Does some of the standard weapons glow when you have crits? Like the rocket launcher, the scatter gun, the minigun etc.
Since some of the newer weapons doesn't have crit glow.

He's talking about the glowing effect on the Soda Popper that triggers when the hype meter in the lower right of the HUD fills up all the way, which I believe is just the same effect as the Kritzkrieg glow. I'll include a picture in my post.

You might want to let us know what your graphics settings are, because no it's not an option that can be toggled. Might just be your render settings causing a problem. Is it something that just started recently?

Team Fortress 2 Crew

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-01 12:34:25 Reply

He's talking about the glowing effect on the Soda Popper that triggers when the hype meter in the lower right of the HUD fills up all the way, which I believe is just the same effect as the Kritzkrieg glow. I'll include a picture in my post.

YES! That's what I'm talking about, it never glows, just electricity surrounding it. And Liquid, when I mean my gun is not shiny, I mean that the gun does not reflect any light and is bland, look up any gameplay of the game and the weapons have a shine to them, The Rainblower is a good example. Mine, however, do not glow.

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-01 12:42:44 Reply

At 2/28/13 06:14 PM, LiquidFire wrote: New update.
Made the Brutal Legend and Bit.trip runner 2 promo items tradable and craftable.
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/February_28,_2013_Patch

I just traded for them

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-01 16:37:26 Reply

Oh wow, seems like the skullgirl team promised a TF2 hat before it even got accepted by the TF2 team. This is really unprofessional. I wonder how many people will want a refund.

https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/307545812316090368

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-01 18:28:53 Reply

At 3/1/13 04:37 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Oh wow, seems like the skullgirl team promised a TF2 hat before it even got accepted by the TF2 team. This is really unprofessional. I wonder how many people will want a refund.

Eh, if a pair of shoes from bit trip runner can get approved im pretty sure anything can.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature
UVSoaked
UVSoaked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-02 15:52:30 Reply

One of the best and closest games I've played on Frontier. Still can't believe how close it was.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-03 13:52:32 Reply

Does anybody have an AWPers hand, infernal orchestra, cremators conscience or koala compact they would like to trade away?

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-03 13:58:57 Reply

At 3/3/13 01:52 PM, darkjam wrote: Does anybody have an AWPers hand, infernal orchestra, cremators conscience or koala compact they would like to trade away?

Or a sharp dresser or a Dashin' Hashshashin would be nice.

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-03 18:25:21 Reply

At 3/2/13 03:52 PM, UVSoaked wrote: One of the best and closest games I've played on Frontier. Still can't believe how close it was.

are you using liberty crutcher?
dammit i will FUCKING KILL YOU

sulky

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-04 06:12:47 Reply

At 3/3/13 01:58 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 3/3/13 01:52 PM, darkjam wrote: Does anybody have an AWPers hand, infernal orchestra, cremators conscience or koala compact they would like to trade away?

I have a genuine AWPers hand. What are you looking to trade for it?

BBS Signature
UVSoaked
UVSoaked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-04 09:13:04 Reply

At 3/3/13 06:25 PM, kanef wrote:
At 3/2/13 03:52 PM, UVSoaked wrote: One of the best and closest games I've played on Frontier. Still can't believe how close it was.

It's pretty OP with the buff banner. Easy to spam with and get the charge, and fast to use to get the kills when buffed. I tried going back to the regular, but it's just not the same. :P

Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-04 10:54:33 Reply

At 3/4/13 09:13 AM, UVSoaked wrote:
At 3/3/13 06:25 PM, kanef wrote:
It's pretty OP with the buff banner. Easy to spam with and get the charge, and fast to use to get the kills when buffed. I tried going back to the regular, but it's just not the same. :P

I can't deal with 3 rockets. 2 rockets isn't enough to finish most people after jumping in, whereas 3 will let you kill anything but a heavy and maybe a soldier if you're unlucky comfortably.

Liberty Launcher is better at long range, but soldier isn't very good at long range to begin with.

Only time I switch off stock is defending B on Gravel Pit, where I go Black Box since being able to camp the roof without retreating for health (which is pretty scarce around B) is a pretty big deal, and mobility doesn't matter as much when you're only dropping down for ammo every now and again.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-04 14:08:45 Reply

At 3/1/13 04:37 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Oh wow, seems like the skullgirl team promised a TF2 hat before it even got accepted by the TF2 team. This is really unprofessional. I wonder how many people will want a refund.

The hat was not approved in the end because the team fortress team "just doesnâEUTMt have the cycles to accommodate the Skullgirls TF2 hat."
From what I gather this means that they couldn't include the hat because schedule wouldn't permit or something like that. But since the release of the game is months away the Skullgirls team has plenty of time to find a proper schedule (or whatever) to include the hat. So they are being persistent and trying to get their hat in.
As posted on the page.

On a side note im learning to play the spy's theme and the main theme on the piano. Comin' along great, I think I got the spy theme down. The main theme is complicated as shit though.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-04 15:52:26 Reply

At 3/4/13 02:08 PM, sweet21 wrote: The hat was not approved in the end because the team fortress team "just doesnâEUTMt have the cycles to accommodate the Skullgirls TF2 hat."

Oh wow, this will cause a shit storm in the TF2 community.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-04 15:57:19 Reply

At 3/4/13 03:52 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 3/4/13 02:08 PM, sweet21 wrote: The hat was not approved in the end because the team fortress team "just doesnÃf¢EUTMt have the cycles to accommodate the Skullgirls TF2 hat."

I just barely noticed NG wigged out. I put an apostrophe there. An APOSTROPHE. Why did it do that?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-03-04 16:10:05 Reply

At 3/4/13 03:57 PM, sweet21 wrote:
I just barely noticed NG wigged out. I put an apostrophe there. An APOSTROPHE. Why did it do that?

Wait a minute I just did a double take and I have toask what do you mean shitstorm in the TF2 community? As far as I know your the only one that knew about it, I would have never heard about it if it wasn't for you. The hat was never officially announced to begin with, just teased really. It's not like they plastered it anywhere and dressed it up with make up and flashy lights. It was really more of a 'Oh yeah and there's this' kind of attitude....
Sure I wanted the hat but im not freaking out about it, and yes I understand contextually the hat would be pretty rare and in most cases you can probably sell it for 100 Ref. but why the hell would you donate to something you dont care about in the first place?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature