Be a Supporter!

Team Fortress 2 Crew

  • 799,796 Views
  • 18,888 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-22 15:06:04 Reply

At 2/22/13 02:04 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 2/22/13 09:40 AM, Crink wrote: but stock is the best!
That's not how you spell the black box.

Thats not how you spell liberty launcher.


I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-22 15:32:19 Reply

At 2/22/13 03:06 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 2/22/13 02:04 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 2/22/13 09:40 AM, Crink wrote: but stock is the best!
That's not how you spell the black box.
Thats not how you spell liberty launcher.

Except the liberty launcher is a huge crutch if you're a good soldier


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-22 15:46:32 Reply

At 2/22/13 03:32 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Except the liberty launcher is a huge crutch if you're a good soldier

It's a direct upgrade from the stock launcher. I can handle 3 shells as long as the projectile speed is up for it. Stock is too slow. I have to lead even further and some people aren't that predictable. I have enough trouble hitting people as it is.


I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-22 16:01:43 Reply

BioShock Infinite promos for TF2
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8870/


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-22 16:04:02 Reply

At 2/22/13 03:46 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 2/22/13 03:32 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Except the liberty launcher is a huge crutch if you're a good soldier
It's a direct upgrade from the stock launcher. I can handle 3 shells as long as the projectile speed is up for it. Stock is too slow. I have to lead even further and some people aren't that predictable. I have enough trouble hitting people as it is.

It's good if you have a hard time tracking/predicting peoples movement.
If you don't have any trouble doing that, then it's a downgrade. Not to mention that only having 3 rockets can easily give you a hard time.


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-22 16:09:22 Reply

At 2/22/13 04:01 PM, LiquidFire wrote: BioShock Infinite promos for TF2
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8870/

Better image

Team Fortress 2 Crew


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Musician
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-22 16:19:46 Reply

At 2/22/13 04:09 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Better image

Why don't we get good promos any more?


BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-22 16:22:28 Reply

At 2/22/13 04:19 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 2/22/13 04:09 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Better image
Why don't we get good promos any more?

Because most of them aren't community made.
Although I really like the devil hat/mask as well as the bat pet thing.


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-22 18:35:33 Reply

Would anyone like to have the server open saturday or sunday?

By the way, things are going well with the payload map of Bigrock I'm making.
anyone know if there is a way to make the blue team robots, without classifying the game as mann versus machine?

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-24 21:17:51 Reply

At 2/22/13 06:35 PM, DrClay wrote: Would anyone like to have the server open saturday or sunday?

Oh noes, if only I had seen this post earlier.

anyone know if there is a way to make the blue team robots, without classifying the game as mann versus machine?

I saw some people in multiplayer wearing robot costumes somehow. I always wondered how they did it.


I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-25 00:08:27 Reply

At 2/24/13 09:17 PM, sweet21 wrote: I saw some people in multiplayer wearing robot costumes somehow. I always wondered how they did it.

They probably typed "!robot" in the text chat. I think some servers do that.
Others might only do it if you're a donator.

DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-25 00:59:40 Reply

Also, is anyone an experienced map maker? I honestly have run into a problem that I cannot fix.

On the map I was making,
The payload does not proceed after the second control point is captured.
I have been stuck on this for three days, trying everything I could possibly think of, but it simply does not proceed...

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-25 15:07:02 Reply

Skullgirls have started an indiegogo campaign to help fund one of their DLC characters.
She will be released along side a TF2 promo hat.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/333003/


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-25 15:29:05 Reply

At 2/25/13 03:07 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Skullgirls have started an indiegogo campaign to help fund one of their DLC characters.
She will be released along side a TF2 promo hat.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/333003/

Skullgirls is one of my FAVORITE fighting games ever made. And thats saying alot. ALOT. I have played just about every fighting game made. Street fighter, tekken, soul calibur, guilty gear, persona 4 arena, even the dumb ones nobody liked, like the American developed double dragon fighting game. I will donate what I can. I WANT THIS.

The hat is a bonus if it means supporting one of my favorite games.


I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-25 15:41:16 Reply

At 2/25/13 03:29 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 2/25/13 03:07 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Skullgirls have started an indiegogo campaign to help fund one of their DLC characters.
She will be released along side a TF2 promo hat.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/333003/
Skullgirls is one of my FAVORITE fighting games ever made. And thats saying alot. ALOT. I have played just about every fighting game made. Street fighter, tekken, soul calibur, guilty gear, persona 4 arena, even the dumb ones nobody liked, like the American developed double dragon fighting game. I will donate what I can. I WANT THIS.

The hat is a bonus if it means supporting one of my favorite games.

I've been thinking of donating as well. Fighting games have never really been my thing, but this one looks really interesting. Too bad I probably won't be able to donate anything, since I have a short supply of cash each month.


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-25 16:27:33 Reply

Was home for the weekend so got my first chance to play for two months, since I haven't brought my PC to uni this term and my laptop, which used to run it fine, is falling to bits and constantly sounds like it's on the verge of exploding.

Enjoying Medic a lot more than I used to. Decided to finally get the hang of the syringe gun and found it incredibly satisfying to take down scouts or spys with it rather than having to rely on the ubersaw alone.

Also crafted my metal I was saving for something after I'd entirely forgotten what it was, and got a Pocket Medic out of it, which I was quite pleased with.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-25 16:58:52 Reply

Some one tell me if this is a good deal. So I join a server ad this dude is begging for Bill's hat and eventually the guy accepts. The trade was 100 reclaimed or refined metal just for that hat. Come one! I know it's a rare hat, but some people are desperate man!


I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-25 17:15:47 Reply

At 2/25/13 04:58 PM, darkjam wrote: Some one tell me if this is a good deal. So I join a server ad this dude is begging for Bill's hat and eventually the guy accepts. The trade was 100 reclaimed or refined metal just for that hat. Come one! I know it's a rare hat, but some people are desperate man!

Massively overpaying if refined, pretty standard price if reclaimed.

Unless it was vintage or off-level or something.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-25 17:42:44 Reply

At 2/25/13 03:41 PM, LiquidFire wrote: I've been thinking of donating as well. Fighting games have never really been my thing, but this one looks really interesting. Too bad I probably won't be able to donate anything, since I have a short supply of cash each month.

$30 supporter! Whee, a PC copy, the OST and a hat.


I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-26 17:30:13 Reply

Here's some pictures of the Skullgirls hat

Higher resolution

Team Fortress 2 Crew


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-26 22:20:24 Reply

At 2/26/13 05:30 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Here's some pictures of the Skullgirls hat

Higher resolution

Sick. I wonder if it will become a promo item you can buy post launch of remain exclusive to those who donated to the project or pre-order the game. If so I think I got myself a rare hat.


I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-26 22:25:55 Reply

At 2/26/13 10:20 PM, sweet21 wrote: Sick. I wonder if it will become a promo item you can buy post launch OR* remain exclusive to those who donated to the project or pre-order the game. If so I think I got myself a rare hat.

Fix'd. I type so quickly I make more typo's than a bee makes honey. I wonder how many people notice my grammatical errors...

ANYWAY, I aint trading my hat when I get it. I shall wear it proudly, like a badge of honor!


I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-27 02:15:26 Reply

At 2/26/13 10:20 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 2/26/13 05:30 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Here's some pictures of the Skullgirls hat

Higher resolution
Sick. I wonder if it will become a promo item you can buy post launch of remain exclusive to those who donated to the project or pre-order the game. If so I think I got myself a rare hat.

It's most likely going to be available in a unique version later on, since that seems to be the path valve takes with all promo items these days.


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-27 13:54:50 Reply

I don't know why, but my soda popper doesn't have that shine on it, if you know what I mean, is this an option or something? If you don't know what I mean by shine, here's a picture.

Team Fortress 2 Crew


I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-27 14:21:16 Reply

At 2/27/13 01:54 PM, darkjam wrote: I don't know why, but my soda popper doesn't have that shine on it, if you know what I mean, is this an option or something? If you don't know what I mean by shine, here's a picture.

Also, they don't glow when critical hits is on, like when my hype meter is on, I only get the electricity.


I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-27 17:56:52 Reply

At 2/27/13 02:21 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 2/27/13 01:54 PM, darkjam wrote: I don't know why, but my soda popper doesn't have that shine on it, if you know what I mean, is this an option or something? If you don't know what I mean by shine, here's a picture.
Also, they don't glow when critical hits is on, like when my hype meter is on, I only get the electricity.

Oh yeah, when I use pyrovision goggles, all i see is colored sparkles, in videos I watch there's is grass and flower everywhere. Also does anybody want to trade, I need and infernal orchestra.


I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-27 19:01:55 Reply

At 2/27/13 05:56 PM, darkjam wrote: Oh yeah, when I use pyrovision goggles, all i see is colored sparkles, in videos I watch there's is grass and flower everywhere.

it only works on like 3 maps.
2fort being one of them.


I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-27 21:46:38 Reply

At 2/27/13 07:01 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 2/27/13 05:56 PM, darkjam wrote: Oh yeah, when I use pyrovision goggles, all i see is colored sparkles, in videos I watch there's is grass and flower everywhere.
it only works on like 3 maps.
2fort being one of them.

Maps with differing textures while in Pyroland:

2Fort
5Gorge
Badlands (Arena)
Badlands (Control Point)
Badlands (King of the Hill)
Badwater Basin
Barnblitz
Doomsday
Dustbowl
Foundry
Gravel Pit
Gold Rush
Hightower
Mann Manor
Viaduct


Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-28 03:31:19 Reply

At 2/27/13 07:01 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 2/27/13 05:56 PM, darkjam wrote: Oh yeah, when I use pyrovision goggles, all i see is colored sparkles, in videos I watch there's is grass and flower everywhere.
it only works on like 3 maps.
2fort being one of them.

It's actually possible to make it work on almost all maps. There's a text file which defines what maps the pyroland textures show up on, and if you add maps to it, they'll show up on those maps as well. Although, most of the maps aren't set up for pyroland textures, most of them will still look alright.


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2013-02-28 07:13:17 Reply

At 2/28/13 03:31 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
It's actually possible to make it work on almost all maps. There's a text file which defines what maps the pyroland textures show up on, and if you add maps to it, they'll show up on those maps as well. Although, most of the maps aren't set up for pyroland textures, most of them will still look alright.

Doesn't it just replace vanilla texture pallets (E.G tf2_cp_badlands_sand.vtf or whathaveyou) with updated pyroland materials? I've definitely seen custom maps with working pyroland textures in cases where the custom map was using mostly vanilla materials. I usually keep the goggles on anyways just to see my Deadly Duckling getting kill credits, which never ceases to be giggle-worthy.


"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature