New Topic Respond to this Topic
kanef
kanef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 02:48 PM Reply

ok, i just got back from a mann vs. machine game. it sucked.

...nah, just kidding, it's the best game mode so far!

comment pls - plug.dj
sevkitty.com forum - last.fm
D - ńęwgróuńdśęś ręśidęńt pątrićiąń

BBS Signature
Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 8/17/12 02:48 PM, Kane-Farrell wrote: ok, i just got back from a mann vs. machine game. it sucked.

...nah, just kidding, it's the best game mode so far!

i wasnt really interested in the update until i played it. i spent the last 3 hours straight just grinding through, it's sooo fun.

my favourite by far is decoy. you can just pick soldier, max fire speed and blow up every scout ever. or demo knight on that map, hnnng

hey

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 06:48 PM Reply

Mann Up mode is nails. Basically have to do each wave perfectly, cock up for 10 seconds and something gets through.

It looks like the best team is Kritz medic, heavy, engineer, pyro, scout, soldier/demo. Heavy and medic tank damage, engineer thins the herd, pyro airblasts sentry busters and knocks the bomb carrier down holes to reset it, scout milks groups and marks big robots with the sandman while collecting money for hilarious amounts of overheal (it had no cap), and the soldier or demo just spams.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 07:07 PM Reply

So, I was just playing a Mann Up Mode match for the last 3 hours. Guess what happened on the 3rd try for the 8th wave? I fucking got disconnected because of something with the VAC servers went wrong, and when I tried to join another one, it said I wasn't connected to the TF2 servers or some other bs like that. I'm hot and sweaty, and my back is killing me. This is fucking bullshit that I had to endure all that just to get f**king disconnected. I ALMOST ended up tossing a lamp off my apartment's deck because of it. I don't think any amount of MLP: FIM stuff could cheer me up from that...
/rant

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 09:43 PM Reply

At 8/18/12 07:07 PM, Eddmario wrote: rant.

Man up dude, there is always next time.

see what I did there?

TF2 Crew I User Icon Makers Club I Source Filmmaker Crew I
NEWGROUNDS TF2 Server: 192.223.24.28

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 01:47 AM Reply

At 8/18/12 09:43 PM, DrClay wrote:
At 8/18/12 07:07 PM, Eddmario wrote: rant.
Man up dude, there is always next time.

see what I did there?

Actually, I ended up joining another one a couple of hours after I posted that that happened to be on the second-to-last wave, and managed to finish it, getting me the Tour of Duty badge. Degreaser with max of both afterburn upgrades and the highest actual damage upgrade you can get really helps. And the Powerjack with at least 1 swing speed upgrade can take out a tank in less then a minute. It also seems that to do a full tour of duty AND get a surplus ticket, you need to add $10 to your steam account if you don't have any, as you'll need to spend $6 on the tickets to DO Mann Up Mode, and then another $2 on the Surplus Voucher.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 05:22 AM Reply

So I just ran out of room in my backpack... but I am a premium user.
Still we are limited to how much we can carry..
I am sad.

I don't know if its always been like this...

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 8/19/12 05:22 AM, DrClay wrote: So I just ran out of room in my backpack... but I am a premium user.
I am sad.

just get a backpack expander for another slot

comment pls - plug.dj

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 01:33 PM Reply

At 8/19/12 05:22 AM, DrClay wrote:

It's always been like that.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 03:53 PM Reply

At 8/19/12 05:22 AM, DrClay wrote: So I just ran out of room in my backpack... but I am a premium user.
I am sad.

Don't know how you can fill a backpack unless you're hanging on to loads of duplicates or are rich as fuck. There's not enough different items to do so.

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 8/19/12 03:53 PM, TheMaster wrote: Don't know how you can fill a backpack unless you're hanging on to loads of duplicates or are rich as fuck. There's not enough different items to do so.

I don't really delete my items. Because then I craft those into metal and proceed to make a new weapon or hat.
I also have a full page of crates.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 06:31 PM Reply

So, are we going to get together for some MvM at some point? Would be nice to be on a team with some actual communication and planning rather than 3 engineers building sentries at spawn.

BBS Signature
froggerfreak
froggerfreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 08:28 PM Reply

At 8/19/12 06:31 PM, TheMaster wrote: So, are we going to get together for some MvM at some point? Would be nice to be on a team with some actual communication and planning rather than 3 engineers building sentries at spawn.

I'm up for it, it's impossible to find a good team on the public servers. ( I assume you're talking about Mann Up mode.)

Steam Name: ForedVrog

Valar Morghulis []

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 02:11 AM Reply

At 8/19/12 06:31 PM, TheMaster wrote: So, are we going to get together for some MvM at some point? Would be nice to be on a team with some actual communication and planning rather than 3 engineers building sentries at spawn.

I'm interested. But if we'll be playing on a us server, I'll most likely go medic, since my game gets unplayable at around the 100 ping mark.

Here's my profil:
steamcommunity.com/id/liquid_fire

kanef
kanef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 11:29 AM Reply

oh yes.

my ID is http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/kanef

comment pls - plug.dj

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 12:58 PM Reply

If we are planning on doing this, I'm in.
I can even set up the NG server to be MvM. All I need to do is change the map cycle.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:58 AM Reply

I'm in, but it'll have to wait til saturday or sunday, as I finally got internet set up in my apartment since my former roommate took the last modem back to Charter when he moved out a few weeks ago, so it's gonna be crappy for a while, as are all brand new internet connections, but luckily I'm going home for the weekend on Friday, so I'll have a really good connection all weekend. Steam profile's in my sig. I go either Degreaser Pyro, Engie, Bison Soldier, or Scout, depending on what classes my other teammates are. I only have 2 mann up mode tickets left, and I planned to do the first mission for each of the maps first (I just have Decoy and Coal Town to go) before I do the second mission for each of them, as I only bought 3 Mann Up mode tickets and a single surplus voucher, which I plan to use with my 3rd Mann Up ticket.

If anybody needs a powerup canteen, I'd be willing to trade one I crafted last week for 4 scraps worth of items (no crates please)

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:31 AM Reply

At 8/23/12 02:58 AM, Eddmario wrote:
I'm in, but it'll have to wait til saturday or sunday, as I finally got internet set up in my apartment since my former roommate took the last modem back to Charter when he moved out a few weeks ago, so it's gonna be crappy for a while, as are all brand new internet connections, but luckily I'm going home for the weekend on Friday, so I'll have a really good connection all weekend. Steam profile's in my sig. I go either Degreaser Pyro, Engie, Bison Soldier, or Scout, depending on what classes my other teammates are. I only have 2 mann up mode tickets left, and I planned to do the first mission for each of the maps first (I just have Decoy and Coal Town to go) before I do the second mission for each of them, as I only bought 3 Mann Up mode tickets and a single surplus voucher, which I plan to use with my 3rd Mann Up ticket.

If anybody needs a powerup canteen, I'd be willing to trade one I crafted last week for 4 scraps worth of items (no crates please)

I'm up as well, it's practically impossible to win even on Normal when your engies build dispensers inside building and then leave halfway through.
I had a semi-coordinated team once (and a guy with a canteen), but we made it to the second-to-last wave before failing.
My two favorite roles so far are full-damage Heavy (Brass Beast+Attack speed+penetration) and undead Pyro (health on kill+ammo+damage).
With that being said, I LOVE any kind of defense games, and it's even better when your favorite games get a "last stand" type of mode like DoW: Retribution's.
Oh, and I'd like to trade for a canteen if it's possible.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:09 AM Reply

At 8/23/12 07:31 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Oh, and I'd like to trade for a canteen if it's possible.

You do know you can get one by crafting 4 scrap together, right? You can also get one by completing a single map of MvM mode, doesn't have to be Mann Up mode.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 02:47 AM Reply

At 8/23/12 10:09 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 8/23/12 07:31 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Oh, and I'd like to trade for a canteen if it's possible.
You do know you can get one by crafting 4 scrap together, right? You can also get one by completing a single map of MvM mode, doesn't have to be Mann Up mode.

Actually, to get the canteen outside of crafting, it HAS to be Bootcamp, as it's an achievement item

LiquidFire, what would you be willing to part with for my extra canteen? I'll even throw in all my crates as well if the offer's good enough.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 09:03 AM Reply

At 8/24/12 02:47 AM, Eddmario wrote:
At 8/23/12 10:09 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
Actually, to get the canteen outside of crafting, it HAS to be Bootcamp, as it's an achievement item

Bootcamp? You get it for completing a single Mann vs Machine mission. Which is completing all waves on a map.

LiquidFire, what would you be willing to part with for my extra canteen? I'll even throw in all my crates as well if the offer's good enough.

I never said I was interested. I already have one.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 8/23/12 10:09 AM, LiquidFire wrote: You do know you can get one by crafting 4 scrap together, right? You can also get one by completing a single map of MvM mode, doesn't have to be Mann Up mode.

Well, I did not know that.
And I can't complete any mission :/
I made it to the last part of the last wave, but those Deflector Heavies with 3 uber medics behind them are absolutely impossible to kill.
Not only do they deal a million damage per second, not only are they invincible most of the time, but they also knock you back with every bullet, so if you're melee you don't have a chance against them.
Speaking of melee, Demoknight is very very effective on the last waves, especially with targe+boots+scullcutter (I suppose any melee would work).
You buy attack speed, health per kill (obviously) and, most importantly, crits per kill.
That means that you can charge straight into any group of minor enemies and slaughter them ALL on your own because you'll be permanently kritzed and you'll be gaining your healh back every time you kill someone- so obviously the more they are, the easier your job gets (you don't even need to aim).
You need lots of resistances for the bosses though, because you have to tank their damage for a while.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 12:19 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 10:46 AM, HeavyTank wrote: I made it to the last part of the last wave, but those Deflector Heavies with 3 uber medics behind them are absolutely impossible to kill.

Soldier or demo with kritz canteen. Kill the three medics with a single rocket or grenade, since they don't pop until they actually take damage, and won't be able to if you one-shot them. It's basically the only way to do it. Suppose you could sap them, never tried.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 01:48 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 12:19 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 8/24/12 10:46 AM, HeavyTank wrote: I made it to the last part of the last wave, but those Deflector Heavies with 3 uber medics behind them are absolutely impossible to kill.
Soldier or demo with kritz canteen. Kill the three medics with a single rocket or grenade, since they don't pop until they actually take damage, and won't be able to if you one-shot them. It's basically the only way to do it. Suppose you could sap them, never tried.

Well, there's also another way.
Brass beast with penetration and kritz actually kills the medics before they can do anything, and the Heavy goes down in about 4 seconds.
This is much easier to do if you have an uber medic by your side, obviously.He can also overheal you to 750HP, which isn't bad at all.
So yeah, I finally managed to win.Twice.
And I also found the Scout Cleaver :D

DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 09:03 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Bootcamp? You get it for completing a single Mann vs Machine mission. Which is completing all waves on a map.

Psst, Liquid. The practice mode for Mann VS Machine is called "Bootcamp."
I am sure you get it if you complete Mann Up mode as well, but he was right.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 02:03 PM, DrClay wrote:
At 8/24/12 09:03 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Bootcamp? You get it for completing a single Mann vs Machine mission. Which is completing all waves on a map.
Psst, Liquid. The practice mode for Mann VS Machine is called "Bootcamp."
I am sure you get it if you complete Mann Up mode as well, but he was right.

I didn't know there was a practice mode. I just jumped straight into a match, it never gave me an option for training :O

Also, I wasn't talking about Mann Up mode when I said you needed to complete a single mission. I was talking about the regular Mann vs Machine mode, where you don't use any tickets at all.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 04:38 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 09:03 AM, LiquidFire wrote: I never said I was interested. I already have one.

Actually that was aimed at HeavyTank, but I misread the quote and thought it was you who asked for it. I realized the mistake once I reread my post.

Oh, and Bootcamp is the option for MvM mode that's NOT Mann Up

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 05:17 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 04:38 PM, Eddmario wrote: Oh, and Bootcamp is the option for MvM mode that's NOT Mann Up

Oh I see. I thought it was a special mode where you got guided trough the gamemode and such. Like training mode for regular TF2.

DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 03:12 PM, LiquidFire wrote: I was talking about the regular Mann vs Machine mode, where you don't use any tickets at all.

Yeah, thats what's called Bootcamp. It says it in the Man VS Machine menu. I only called it practice mode to say it was the one where you don't use the tickets.

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Aug. 26th, 2012 @ 10:49 AM Reply

Played some MvMs to return to TF2 from other games :D!!! So much fun definetely!

I found and a fun spy strategy that goes like max knife penetration max knife health on kill and also max movement speed and then jump length or resistances according to occasion. When wave starts pop your sapper sap as many things as you can and hit a Recall power-up on the canteen.
It will give you an insane speed boost for a while so provided an engineer has build a teleporter you can keep doing this and its safe for you plus you get all the cash! And it also does wonders when you have to destroy medic robots or boss robots that will kill you after 3 backstabs.