Be a Supporter!

Team Fortress 2 Crew

  • 862,423 Views
  • 18,843 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-17 05:35:44 Reply

At 5/16/12 08:47 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: So I exit TF2 and Steam says it has a client update. I agree to restart Steam to install it, but now, even after turning off my computer and back on, I do not have access to my friends list, or Steam Community in general.
Can anyone help me?

Steam community is down. It's nothing with your pc. They where down for me as well and they're up now.


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-17 05:37:16 Reply

At 5/16/12 02:11 PM, Shade wrote: I JUST CRAFTED AN OUTBACK INTELLECTUAL!

I love that name. Maybe because I'm Australian and I also love the Sniper or something

Klik
Klik
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-17 22:00:48 Reply

*new tf2 update*

Me: oh cool
Update: featuring new crates
Me: What's in them?
Update: rocket launcher and stickybomb launcher.
Me: WHY MERCIFUL GOD.

It could have been any other weapon/hat, but no, they had to do the one weapon that I payed a shit ton for.

10/10 Jimmies extremely rustled.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-18 04:10:22 Reply

At 5/17/12 10:00 PM, Klik wrote: *new tf2 update*

Me: oh cool
Update: featuring new crates
Me: What's in them?
Update: rocket launcher and stickybomb launcher.
Me: WHY MERCIFUL GOD.

It could have been any other weapon/hat, but no, they had to do the one weapon that I payed a shit ton for.

10/10 Jimmies extremely rustled.

New stranges are always nice imo. But the rest of this update was meh.


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-18 07:21:35 Reply

dat Market Gardener.

But yeah, glad I sold my spare Stickybomb Launchers when I did.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-18 15:07:55 Reply

I was hoping that someday they could fix the replay bug. I have a 12 killing streak as a spy for a replay, and I can't even watch it or export it because the replay is corrupted
Seems like every time I got a good thing, the replay ALWAYS fails...

Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Member since: May. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Movie Buff
DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-18 22:52:25 Reply

At 5/18/12 07:07 PM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote: i deserve 10k for this failure

Why are you posting this again?

Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Member since: May. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-19 08:04:16 Reply

At 5/18/12 10:52 PM, DrClay wrote:
At 5/18/12 07:07 PM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote: i deserve 10k for this failure
Why are you posting this again?

because i want dat achievement


BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-19 10:04:04 Reply

At 5/18/12 03:07 PM, DrClay wrote: I was hoping that someday they could fix the replay bug. I have a 12 killing streak as a spy for a replay, and I can't even watch it or export it because the replay is corrupted
Seems like every time I got a good thing, the replay ALWAYS fails...

What's the reply bug? Are you saving them before an update?

Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-19 10:20:22 Reply

I tried to do a replay for the first time last week. Reflected a direct hit rocket, bounced the soldier, and then airshot him with a flare. Dumb luck, because I miss 50% of my flares at targets right in front of me anyway, but it look awesome. Server didn't support replays, and I was mad.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-19 17:05:00 Reply

Crafted an El Jefe, got a bunch of stranges ready to make me some metal, perfected my Dustbowl third stage spawncamp EVEN MORE, won a Flamboyant Flamenco raffle...
"Today is a good day" - Soldier

DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-19 18:35:28 Reply

At 5/19/12 10:04 AM, bgraybr wrote: What's the reply bug? Are you saving them before an update?

I save them, and all.
Basically, if I try and play it, the program will close followed by some weird error.

Klik
Klik
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-20 14:57:11 Reply

At 5/19/12 06:35 PM, DrClay wrote:
At 5/19/12 10:04 AM, bgraybr wrote: What's the reply bug? Are you saving them before an update?
I save them, and all.
Basically, if I try and play it, the program will close followed by some weird error.

do you have quicktime installed and updated?

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-20 17:00:25 Reply

At 5/19/12 08:04 AM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote:
At 5/18/12 10:52 PM, DrClay wrote:
At 5/18/12 07:07 PM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote: i deserve 10k for this failure
Why are you posting this again?
because i want dat achievement

Learn to hax the files.


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-20 17:05:53 Reply

At 5/20/12 02:57 PM, Klik wrote: do you have quicktime installed and updated?

Yes, I have all that. Some replays work, but only some.
Any of which I got a good killing streak, or an interesting clip, they break down.
They start loading, and then the program crashes with an "engine error"
"CModelLoader::FindModel: NULL name"

Re-installing, game cache, and anything else doesn't work.
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-20 17:15:22 Reply

Heres My Favourite Character load out

Also, has anyone seen the "Father Of A Nation" Pack created by Svdl? That set just Needs to be made!


Not much

BBS Signature
Klik
Klik
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-20 22:21:23 Reply

Loadout general? Loadout general.
Here's mine. Also, the weapons I use:

Scout:
Face melting scattergun: 1325 kills
spectacularly lethal mad milk: 292 sodden enemies.
spectacularly lethal holy mackeral: 279 enemies killed

Soldier:
Face melting rocket launcher: 1280 enemies killed
vintage gunboats
uncharitable equalizer, 103 kills

Pyro:
spectacularly lethal flamethrower: 280 kills
gore splattered shotgun: 480 kills
homewrecker

Demoman:
gore splattered loch-n-load: 362 kills
charge-n-targe
truly feared bottle: 231 kills

Heavy:
minigun/vintage natascha for teamwork
sandvich
G.R.U.

Engineer:
gore splattered shotgun: 480 kills
uncharitable pistol: 104 kills
scarcely lethal gunslinger: 38 sentry kills/Sufficiently Lethal Jag: 204 kills

Medic:
anything and everything

Sniper and spy:
wicked nasty sniper rifle- 726 kills
everything else vanilla

okay done.

Prome
Prome
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-21 09:35:23 Reply

I respect the art style of this game, always stock + nohats or some achievement weapons + proffesor speks. Although i do wear my pink gibus once in a while to cause rage against srs mode players.


cop

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-21 14:11:13 Reply

I'm to lazy to make a picture or write all of the loadouts, but here's a link to mine
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/User:LiquidFire/Loadout


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-21 14:12:27 Reply

At 5/21/12 02:11 PM, Tally1989 wrote: I'm to lazy to make a picture or write all of the loadouts, but here's a link to mine
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/User:LiquidFire/Loadout

Link dun goofed. I hope this'll work better


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-22 13:03:17 Reply

Loadouts you say?

Scoot:
Scattergun
Pistol
Mildly Menacing Sandman
El Jefe

Solly:
Rage-inducing Black Box
Buff Banner
Equalizer
Tyrant's Helm

Pyro:
Face-melting Degreaser (appropriate, no?)
Spetacularly Lethal Flare Gun
Notably Dangerous Axtinguisher
Flamboyant's Flamenco

Demoman:
Grenade Launcher
Sticky Launcher
Spetacularly Lethal Eyelander

Hoovy:
Minigun
Sandvich
G.R.U.
Professor Speks
Steel Jaw

Vagineer:
Frontier Justice/Widowmaker
Pistol
Jag/Gunslinger
Pink Texas Ten Gallon

Medic:
Unremarkable Overdose
Truly Feared Medigun
Spetacularly Lethal Ubersaw

Snoipah:
Face-melting Sniper Rifle
Jarate
Notably Dangerous Bushwacka

Spy:
Ambassador
Dead Ringer
Knife

I don't play Spy that often nowadays.

Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-22 14:12:30 Reply

Fuck screenshots because I'm lazy.

Scout:
Rage Inducing Scattergun
Positively Inhuman Pistol
Notably Dangerous Holy Mackerel
Backwards Ballcap
Stereoscopic Shades (wish they didn't clip with the Tosslecap)

Soldier:
Positively Inhumane Rocket Launcher
Gore-Spattered Shotgun
Strange Equalizer
Lumbricus Lid

Pyro:
Wicked Nasty Degreaser
Truly Feared Flaregun
Vintage Homewrecker
Team Spirit Vintage Merryweather
OR
Polycount set with Unremarkable Powerjack + Summer Shades because they look boss with the Attendant
OR
First loadout with Gore-Spattered Shotgun and Uncharitable Axtinguisher if I just want to kill shit rather than help my team

Heavy:
Uncharitable Minigun
Vintage Sandvich
GRU
Team Spirit Bill's Hat
(I never play Heavy)

Demoman:
Wicked Nasty Grenade Launcher
Uncharitable Stickybomb Launcher
Strange Bottle
Pink Hustler's Hallmark

Engineer:
Sufficiently Lethal Widowmaker
Positively Inhumane Pistol
Wicked Nasty Gunslinger
Virtual Reality Headset
Googly Gazer
Teddy Roosebelt

Sniper:
Truly Feared Sniper Rifle
Somewhat Threatening Jarate
Strange Bushwacka
Team Spirit Bill's Hat
(I never play Sniper either)

Medic:
Strange Syringe Gun
Sufficiently Lethal Medigun
Somewhat Threatening Ubersaw
Team Spirit Bill's Hat

Spy:
Scarcely Lethal Knife
Unremarkable Revolver
Invis Watch
Familiar Fez
(Or Spy)


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-22 14:12:39 Reply

I use a multitude of loadouts, but here are my more serious ones:

Scout: scattergun, winger, fan o' war/wrap assassin
Soldier: direct hit, reserve shooter, equalizer
Pyro: flamethrower, flare gun, maul
Demoman: loch n load, scottish resistance, Ulapool caber
Heavy: Iron Kurtain, sandvich, fists of steel
Engineer: frontier justice, pistol, southern hospitality
Medic: needle gun, medigun, ubersaw (other usual build is the medieval set)
Sniper: huntsman, danger shield, shahanshah (I'm a shitty sniper otherwise)
Spy: diamondback, spy-cicle, dead ringer

Not gonna bother posting hats because I don't care about them too much.


Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-22 15:49:19 Reply

do you guys hate f2p players?

because i am one. (no hats for me)


sulky

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-22 17:28:06 Reply

At 5/22/12 03:49 PM, Kane-Farrell wrote: do you guys hate f2p players?

Only if you give me a fair reason to hate you, such as a horrible attitude when playing.

kanef
kanef
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-22 17:41:50 Reply

At 5/22/12 05:28 PM, DrClay wrote:
At 5/22/12 03:49 PM, Kane-Farrell wrote: do you guys hate f2p players?
Only if you give me a fair reason to hate you, such as a horrible attitude when playing.

ah no i'm alright at tf2. it's definitely one of my favourite shooters out there.


sulky

BBS Signature
Luxury-Yacht
Luxury-Yacht
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-22 22:38:00 Reply

Anyone who doesn't use the postal pummeler is a scrub 4eva


i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i
oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-23 11:16:34 Reply

At 5/22/12 10:38 PM, Luxury-Yacht wrote: Anyone who doesn't use the postal pummeler is a scrub 4eva

postal pummeler master race reporting in!


sulky

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2012-05-23 13:11:45 Reply

At 5/22/12 10:38 PM, Luxury-Yacht wrote: Anyone who doesn't use the postal pummeler is a scrub 4eva

It's not a strange weapon. No reason for me to use it.


I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature