New Topic Respond to this Topic
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 07:37 AM Reply

Also because I really can't be arsed I have unlocked the first hat. Might be able to get the others but I have lost all care.

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 09:12 AM Reply

Can 4 people add me(KutuIV) because I want to complete the first objective D:?

Also, I was thinking, can I buy the KF DLC without having KF XD?

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 09:15 AM Reply

At 12/9/10 07:37 AM, Simple wrote: Also because I really can't be arsed I have unlocked the first hat. Might be able to get the others but I have lost all care.

You can, they changed the wording from "Unlock" to "Unlock and upgrade", so if you hit 15 you'll be able to get the next one.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 09:16 AM Reply

Playing Arena.

Want to get rid of Demo and Soldier mask.

Tell people I'm willing to trade them for anything.

First person: Dealer's Visor. Second person: Ghastlier Gibus

2 unique items for 2 pieces of achievement shit.

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 11:35 AM Reply

At 12/9/10 09:16 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote:

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

True is that you can get a visor for 2 scrap, although I traded my 2nd for a refined XD
I can also get a ghastlier gibus for a scrap easilt which is the standard price for a mask. The most rare ones are the GHASTLY gibuses because they are exceptionally few.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 11:55 AM Reply

In case anyone wondered how does it look like...personally, I find it extremely cute -although the value of the Tricorne will drop dramatically :P
Oh, and apparently they're untradable.I wonder if they're COMPLETELY untradable like Golden Wrenches, VALVe weapons etc. or just need a gift wrap.
Uh oh.I just had a terrible thought.What if the three treasure hunt hats were identical to each other, but with bigger chests on them?

Team Fortress 2 Crew

Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 12:17 PM Reply

At 12/9/10 11:55 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Uh oh.I just had a terrible thought.What if the three treasure hunt hats were identical to each other, but with bigger chests on them?

The second one has the open chest with a coin particle effect. I personally think the last one will be a crown of sorts with a gem effect on it.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 12:23 PM Reply

At 12/9/10 02:26 AM, Simple wrote: Hopefully this means I wont have to spend any money or even play that hunk of shit again.

According to that, all of us who have both games should get that whenever. I would have said right away but look what happened to the L4D2 items a few months back. This is enough for me to pick up Killing Floor again, though. It's not a good game to play all the time but I like it in small dosages.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 12/9/10 11:55 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Oh, and apparently they're untradable.I wonder if they're COMPLETELY untradable like Golden Wrenches, VALVe weapons etc. or just need a gift wrap.

Gather around. We pray.
Oh lord, please make it so that these hats will be absolutely untradable and there will be multiple suckers buying games to get the third hat in order to trade it and then realise their errors. Lord, let there be asspain.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Saren
Saren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 08:51 PM Reply

People are going to be jealous of my new Killing Floor pyro hat and pyro tie.
Do you have to have the game before the event starts to get the items? I want it to be rare.

Also I recommend all of you guys get Killing Floor, it's a double reward because the game is great fun. Too bad the game engine feels a little clunky at times and they haven't added enough game modes.

Just chillin'

Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 12/9/10 08:51 PM, Saren wrote: Do you have to have the game before the event starts to get the items? I want it to be rare.

I'm guessing if you have it or buy it before January 4th, then you get the items.
Which is good for many of us, I'm sure, because of Christmas money. And that the original game without the extra packs is (I think) $10. Yeah, I plan to get it.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 11:29 PM Reply

I have Killing Floor and Team Fortress 2 so I'm all good. I traded my vintage pyro beanie awhile ago for something else so I wouldn't mind something for my pyro to wear, also I can do aerial shots/airshots better now as a soldier, when you do them you feel like a pro.

Also I'm annoyed at myself with this treasure hunt thing, I have the Ol Buddy ol pal achievement for New Vegas but my copy isn't on STEAM. Oh well. I have 10 STEAM friends and I've played the demo of that game and now I'm considering buying the Base jumping game but I'm still not totally sure.
All I want is the TF2 treasure hat but I wouldn't mind the chance of winning 100 games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Halberd
Halberd
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 11:46 PM Reply

(Double post)
Even if I were rich and had heaps of time getting all 28 objectives would be very hard, and there are probably people out there who are doing it though and will definitely win heaps of games.

I reckon the Hat of undeniable wealth and respect will be among the top 10 rarest hats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 12:34 AM Reply

At 12/9/10 11:29 PM, FurryDemon wrote:

\

Also I'm annoyed at myself with this treasure hunt thing, I have the Ol Buddy ol pal achievement for New Vegas but my copy isn't on STEAM.

Lol pirate.

Even retail copies must be registered on Steam. :3

Oh well. I have 10 STEAM friends and I've played the demo of that game and now I'm considering buying the Base jumping game but I'm still not totally sure.

All I want is the TF2 treasure hat but I wouldn't mind the chance of winning 100 games.

I personally think the hats look stupid, and I'm not downloading, or buying games just to get a hat or another chance at getting 100 games. Most of which I couldn't even get. I can only think of like 30 games I would really like, the rest would probably be random filler stuff.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 12/9/10 11:29 PM, FurryDemon wrote: Also I'm annoyed at myself with this treasure hunt thing, I have the Ol Buddy ol pal achievement for New Vegas but my copy isn't on STEAM.

Lol pirate.
Even retail copies must be registered on Steam. :3

Oh well. I have 10 STEAM friends and I've played the demo of that game and now I'm considering buying the Base jumping game but I'm still not totally sure.

I personally think the hats look stupid, and I'm not downloading, or buying games just to get a hat or another chance at getting 100 games. Most of which I couldn't even get. I can only think of like 30 games I would really like, the rest would probably be random filler stuff.

Repost, I really need to proof read before I post. :(

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 01:34 AM Reply

At 12/9/10 02:26 AM, Simple wrote:
You have to be kidding me, Killing Floor is so dull, boring and absoloutely crap.

Have you no taste?

Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 02:19 AM Reply

At 12/10/10 01:34 AM, Oliver wrote:
You have to be kidding me, Killing Floor is so dull, boring and absoloutely crap.
Have you no taste?

I can just tell the difference between fun (TF2) and completely dull (Killing Floor) games. I bought it expecting much more than what it offered and now I just can't stand to even touch it.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 02:42 AM Reply

At 12/10/10 02:19 AM, Simple wrote:
Have you no taste?
I can just tell the difference between fun (TF2) and completely dull (Killing Floor) games.

But they're both wonderous, funderful games..

Team Fortress 2 Crew

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 03:08 AM Reply

At 12/10/10 01:34 AM, Oliver wrote:
Have you no taste?

Have to agree with Oliver here. I haven't played TF2 in weeks because it seems like all people care about now is new items and hats. At least in KF you get to work as a team with other players, and no one is spamming the chat with trade offers or bitching about not having very many hats.

I hate to sound like a faggot, but I think TF2 was a lot better before the Scout update. I know they gave us all of this free content, and yadda yadda, and I am grateful for such free content. I just wish it didn't ruin the community as much as it has. Oh, and the balance, really.

That being said, anyone willing to gift me Evil genius for a hat? Or two, but personally I think that's pushing it.

Steam ID
Backpack

It may look confusing, but my backpack is linked to a different account than my Steam account. The steam account with TF2 on it is a friend of mines, and I only use tf2. Just to clear that up.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 03:14 AM Reply

Who even plays TF2 anymore? All I do is idle on Thursdays and Fridays, that's it.

At 12/10/10 02:42 AM, Oliver wrote:
At 12/10/10 02:19 AM, Simple wrote:
Have you no taste?
I can just tell the difference between fun (TF2) and completely dull (Killing Floor) games.
But they're both wonderous, funderful games..

KF is great. Although lately I have only been playing that custom doom map. I am the L.A.W.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 11:37 AM Reply

At 12/9/10 11:29 PM, FurryDemon wrote: Also I'm annoyed at myself with this treasure hunt thing, I have the Ol Buddy ol pal achievement for New Vegas but my copy isn't on STEAM.

Woo, anuzah new vegas fanboy :D

Also I too good the hat(and my screenshot is better than the wiki one >:D), and I must say I really like it because it has that lol-knack tf2 needs:D

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 12:06 PM Reply

hey guys look at me i care about hats and cant play for shit!

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 12/9/10 05:10 PM, Racoonmario wrote: Gather around. We pray.
Oh lord, please make it so that these hats will be absolutely untradable and there will be multiple suckers buying games to get the third hat in order to trade it and then realise their errors. Lord, let there be asspain.

Amen.

At 12/10/10 03:08 AM, ironraven24 wrote: I hate to sound like a faggot, but I think TF2 was a lot better before the Scout update. I know they gave us all of this free content, and yadda yadda, and I am grateful for such free content. I just wish it didn't ruin the community as much as it has. Oh, and the balance, really.

Maybe...who knows?
Maybe if they hadn't released something as groundbreaking as MANNconomy players would've lost interest.
Although the fact that the community got worse...well, is a fact.
Also, you'd give 1-2 (vintage) hats for Evil Genuis?I think it's a good deal lol.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 12:29 PM Reply

A few times, I have thought TF2 would be better off without hats in the first place. Considering how far people go at times for these hats, I sometimes wish that was the case. The treasure hunt may be fun but to buy several games just to get the biggest hat is stupid. I'm glad I can still play the actual TF2 whenever I'm up for it. That is often but right now I just want to focus on other games to give them a chance rather than playing TF2 all the time.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 12:38 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 12:29 PM, Bahamut wrote: A few times, I have thought TF2 would be better off without hats in the first place. Considering how far people go at times for these hats, I sometimes wish that was the case. The treasure hunt may be fun but to buy several games just to get the biggest hat is stupid. I'm glad I can still play the actual TF2 whenever I'm up for it. That is often but right now I just want to focus on other games to give them a chance rather than playing TF2 all the time.

Well, there's a positive side to all this...don't have enough money/don't want to spend money for a game/s?
Give hats for it!Then you can idle or simply play, get metal, and trade it for more hats!
Speaking of which...accept my damn invite Raven.
Oh, and the second hat is hilarious.I think this is the first particle effect that can be affected by how you move (if you watch the video closely you can see that the effect is only there when the pyro moves/jumps).
Maybe the third hat is just a big chest with A LOT of coins overflowing from it.

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 01:47 PM Reply

lmao at the second chest dropping coins. Enjoy being followed everywhere.

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 02:49 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 01:47 PM, Racoonmario wrote: lmao at the second chest dropping coins. Enjoy being followed everywhere.

BR kiddies spouting GIBE CIONS PLS I REPOT U

Team Fortress 2 Crew

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 12:29 PM, Bahamut wrote: A few times, I have thought TF2 would be better off without hats in the first place. Considering how far people go at times for these hats, I sometimes wish that was the case. The treasure hunt may be fun but to buy several games just to get the biggest hat is stupid. I'm glad I can still play the actual TF2 whenever I'm up for it. That is often but right now I just want to focus on other games to give them a chance rather than playing TF2 all the time.

The fact that tf2 would be better without hats insists. I throughly insist though that tf2 would be THE BEST with MANNco. and such but without trading. This thing turns people to trading machines spamming TRADING THIS FOR DAT and never actually playing. I have seen people playing only tf2 for one week and doing only trading in that week. Also, I am not keen to buy games for the Treasure Hunt but if I find out that I can't do anything at the next 48-hour period, I will surely buy one or 2 cheap ones that cost like 2-3 euros...

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 02:49 PM, Oliver wrote:
At 12/10/10 01:47 PM, Racoonmario wrote: lmao at the second chest dropping coins. Enjoy being followed everywhere.
BR kiddies spouting GIBE CIONS PLS I REPOT U

HUEHAUHEUHAUEHEUAHEU

Team Fortress 2 Crew

BBS Signature