New Topic Respond to this Topic
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 04:57 AM Reply

At 9/27/10 04:28 AM, The777Demon wrote: well when i play as a medic or scout and they survive just because they have more health when i get them to near death i feel cheated. You can only avoid so many shots from the mini-gun. As for sniping I've met few players as good as me i'd rather kill them as the same class.

Well, medics are not meant to kill heavies..scouts can pull it off, but you hafta be good (and the Heavy has to be bad)
By the way, two corrections: I meant "16 vs 16" servers, and I have no idea why I said " sneak up to"...

Also, I just played a series of matches that kinda proved my point.
I was feeling trollish so I got Natasha, on defense on a pl map...I was practically the only one defending (apart from an occasional Medic), and I managed to kill every single last one of the attackers for the whole duration of the round.
Of course it was a small match, but what suprised me the most is that they never tried to change their tactic to counter me, they simply kept charging at me, shooting randomly and getting killed.
It never occured to them that switching to sniper/spy/H&M combo with Sasha/DH Soldier would be an easy way to get rid of me..
What's even worse was that this kept going for the next three rounds, resulting in me having something like 45 kills, a million caps and no deaths.
At a certain point I almost wished that they managed to kill me...

Now, from their point of view I was probably an overpowered piece of shit, but, again, it would be really easy to kill me if they stopped rushing at me for a second and started thinking about a tactic..

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 09:08 AM Reply

Well, you actually got 47 points but still less than 19 kills(as Heavy) but still we have the same point here with some small arguments.

I do believe that all classes are 100% equal EQUAL EEEEQUUUUAAAAAAAAL. Now as a Scout its easy to kill the most experienced of Heavys just by going behind them. You do not expect to kill them by going in front of them unless you have the Sandman, and I do say its fun as hell to kill stuned people even if you stuned them or no.

And another thing, Heavy on 16 on 16 is the most challenging thing I can imagine. Unless you have no medics with you or a damn dispenser the only thing you can do to kill the unending barrage of stickies and grenades that blocks the sun(kiddan here :S ) is either to rush at the demo and get sentry'd boom;d flamed and crit wrenched at the same time or to run away from barrage zone with your limitless speed(you are Heavy so I DO THINK THIS OPTION is not your best bet).

Heavys on 16 v 16 can appear good only when they know what they do and only when they pick the right targets and ofc when they tend to avoid spies(which they usually cannot) or snipers at the other side of the map.

Anyway my point is that the Heavy is as equal as the scout which is as equal as the sniper which is as equal as the spy which is well if you add his backstabbing ability as equal as the Pyro which is as equal as the demo(I am bored of this I stop naw you got the point).

Also I tried playing spah on 16 vs 16 and I realised its not that bad because in the entire crowds if you manage to get behind them with DR you can have amazing backstab series(had a 5 backstab serie then headshotted :( )

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 11:32 AM Reply

At 9/27/10 09:08 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Well, you actually got 47 points but still less than 19 kills(as Heavy) but still we have the same point here with some small arguments.

You're not reading my posts properly mate.
My 47 points came from another match..remember, I said I got 45 kills and other shit without dying, but across FOUR matches...which means that they don't count as a whole, point-wise.

I do believe that all classes are 100% equal EQUAL EEEEQUUUUAAAAAAAAL. Now as a Scout its easy to kill the most experienced of Heavys just by going behind them. You do not expect to kill them by going in front of them unless you have the Sandman, and I do say its fun as hell to kill stuned people even if you stuned them or no.

Yup, indeed..and I'm still trying to find a good way to kill the "bouncy" scouts...
You know, the ones that get really really close to you, and jump around like mad..it's nearly impossible to hit them, even with Natasha...
I guess that the only thing to do is either switch to your fists (or KGB) or try to back off/GTFO.

And another thing, Heavy on 16 on 16 is the most challenging thing I can imagine.

Ever tried playing SCOUT on 16 v 16?Now THAT is challenging alright.

Also I tried playing spah on 16 vs 16 and I realised its not that bad because in the entire crowds if you manage to get behind them with DR you can have amazing backstab series(had a 5 backstab serie then headshotted :( )

Speaking of spies, do you remember the situation after the Spy update?
Dead Ringer invincible AND invisible taunts, and the Ambassador getting super easy headshots...
Ah, good times...on that note, I give you the top 5 cheeky spy techniques.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 02:06 PM Reply

At 9/27/10 12:23 PM, HotActionYiffFur wrote: since the lot of you seem to take skill as cool points, try never using the new weapons. seriously, I've crafted everything, there's no need. once you can use all original weapons and beat the new ones, then you'll understand how classes can be, overpowered.

Eh, sorry, but you're doing it wrong.
Crafting everything is just stupid.
The unlocks add variety and longevity to the game (not to mention YOUR game), and not using them is like never playing on new maps..AKA, stupid.
And FYI, I use the original weapons more than unlocks (actually, the only main weapon unlock I ALWAYS use is the Ambassador), and I've never seen how a class can be overpowered in the general sense, not only in certain situations.

also to clarify, points mean nothing. earlier was a point being made that was obviously sarcastic, that was just completely missed and e-dicks started to become erected as everyone argued about skill. it's team fortress, you're supposed to win. that's essentially the objective of every map, it's teamwork.

Well, I think that we all know that points aren't the only thing in the game, but they DO mean something...although sadly some classes are much more point-friendly than others..
Speaking of which, I noticed some time ago that the Sniper no longer gets two points for headshot kills..when did they implement that?

also: http://i.imgur.com/Gi2KY.jpg

O

What the hell is that?

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 05:27 PM Reply

At 9/27/10 02:06 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 9/27/10 12:23 PM, HotActionYiffFur wrote: also: http://i.imgur.com/Gi2KY.jpg

O
What the hell is that?

Apparently, Mann. Co. has a medical branch.
That makes sense. I guess that's where the medigun and kritzkrieg came from.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 05:53 PM Reply

At 9/27/10 03:25 PM, Racoonmario wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Bz3_Or8 is

Oh god yes!
I always wanted to try some mod where one guy was an overpowered piece of shit and the entire enemy team had to kill him..
Gonna try this tomorrow.

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 9/27/10 11:32 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Ever tried playing SCOUT on 16 v 16?Now THAT is challenging alright.

Scout on 32-player instaspawn. I win.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 08:32 AM Reply

At 9/27/10 05:53 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 9/27/10 03:25 PM, Racoonmario wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Bz3_Or8 is
Oh god yes!
I always wanted to try some mod where one guy was an overpowered piece of shit and the entire enemy team had to kill him..
Gonna try this tomorrow.

I DAMN TOLD THIS HECK YEAH I KNEW THIS WOULD COME OUT WOOOOO

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 09:44 AM Reply

I was saying that a mod where many ppl try to kill someone overpowered is awesome:D

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 11:40 AM Reply

Man, I HAVE to play the Saxton Hale mod tonight and see how it goes for me. Although I'm taking a break from TF2 to play other games, this is something I need to experience.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 29th, 2010 @ 01:12 AM Reply

At 9/28/10 11:40 AM, Bahamut wrote: Man, I HAVE to play the Saxton Hale mod tonight and see how it goes for me. Although I'm taking a break from TF2 to play other games, this is something I need to experience.

Sadly the server wasn't working last time I checked due to a power outage or something...
Sigh.

Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 29th, 2010 @ 02:28 AM Reply

At 9/28/10 11:40 AM, Bahamut wrote: Man, I HAVE to play the Saxton Hale mod tonight and see how it goes for me. Although I'm taking a break from TF2 to play other games, this is something I need to experience.

I played it a little bit and found it to be terrible. If your a heavy you get nailed while spooling, spy's are usless, scout's are pretty good, Pyro's start with 100 ammo not 200, Soldiers are pretty good but you need to have a medic and ammo source, Demo's would be pretty good but didn't try it, I never got a chance to play engie, Medic is pointless since if the guy your healing dies your fucked.

It's a good idea for a game mode, it's just a shame they pulled it off so poorly.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 29th, 2010 @ 03:16 AM Reply

At 9/29/10 02:28 AM, Simple wrote: It's a good idea for a game mode, it's just a shame they pulled it off so poorly.

Well, apparently having two Wrangler sentries is a good idea, but yeah, Saxton seems to be a little overpowered...

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 29th, 2010 @ 04:30 AM Reply

At 9/29/10 03:16 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 9/29/10 02:28 AM, Simple wrote: It's a good idea for a game mode, it's just a shame they pulled it off so poorly.
Well, apparently having two Wrangler sentries is a good idea, but yeah, Saxton seems to be a little overpowered...

Actually, it seems to depend on the map. When I played the mod in arena_well, he was getting dominated every time. Not once did he win on that map. The strongest class in Well seems to be Engineer since the Sentries can knock off tons of HP off Hale easily and the rest of the team can fire at will.

Still, some of the classes are underpowered such as Spy and could do with being stronger to stand a chance.

Formerly Bahamut

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 29th, 2010 @ 08:34 AM Reply

Didn't try it yet, but I guess that if Saxton had a bit less hp and spies were when backstabing let's say deal 300 damage all would be fine I guess...

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 29th, 2010 @ 10:59 PM Reply

What are the stats for Saxton Hale, anyway?

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 03:04 AM Reply

Remember the videos made by that pro animator showing the classes dancing?
Well, here's the final version.
You can start fapping now.

Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 03:17 AM Reply

At 9/30/10 03:04 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Remember the videos made by that pro animator showing the classes dancing?

I was expecting it to be a little bit longer, but hell can't complain.

Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 07:06 AM Reply

At 9/29/10 10:59 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: What are the stats for Saxton Hale, anyway?

The only one I know of is that his health is increased depending on how many players are on the opposing team.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 10:53 AM Reply

30th of September.
Still no Polycount.
Gabe is fat.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 11:36 AM Reply

At 9/30/10 03:04 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Remember the videos made by that pro animator showing the classes dancing?

AWSUM. Also the really funny part was the credit song that was like: Ok you did it now re see it :D

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 01:06 PM Reply

Also heres what a sniper with less than 30 hours gameplay can do( needless to say blu team raged pretty much and one guy who I am still dominating there said that he hates me :D )

Also another sniper said that I am supposed to only headshot(I headshoted and killed him and domniated him then he went soldier who rocket jumped next to me to get revenge).

Team Fortress 2 Crew

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 01:19 PM Reply

I don't remember seeing any TF2 dances beforehand but that video is fantastic. I love BLU Medic and Heavy dancing together the most.

It's so fitting.

Formerly Bahamut

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 02:05 PM Reply

At 9/30/10 01:58 PM, tally1989 wrote: BLOG UPDATE!!

http://tf2.com/post.php?id=4408&p=1

A blog update is fine too.
Also I skipped to page six. What did I miss?

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 9/30/10 03:17 AM, Simple wrote: I was expecting it to be a little bit longer, but hell can't complain.

Yeah, it's because all the dancing videos are put together in one scene, AKA the duration of the final video is not increased.
Also, the Engineer dancing with his sentry bit was just..poetry.
About the comic..."a new way to buy hats", you say?
BUY?So it's not about trading?
:o

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 02:34 PM Reply

At 9/30/10 02:26 PM, HeavyTank wrote: About the comic..."a new way to buy hats", you say?
o

It seems we've got the Trading system now:

Added the Mann-conomy.
Added 65 new items (hats, weapons, tools, minigames, gifts, crates).
Added the Mann Co. Store & Catalog.
Added Trading.
Added Item customization.

Formerly Bahamut

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 02:39 PM Reply

At 9/30/10 02:34 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 9/30/10 02:26 PM, HeavyTank wrote: About the comic..."a new way to buy hats", you say?
o
It seems we've got the Trading system now:

Added the Mann-conomy.
Added 65 new items (hats, weapons, tools, minigames, gifts, crates).

Sweet mother of fuck, that's a lot of items.

Added the Mann Co. Store & Catalog.
Added Trading.
Added Item customization.

They have offcially released the polycount weapons then? Awesome.

Here's the FAQ to the Mann Co. Store.

http://www.teamfortress.com/mannconomy/F AQ/

Anyone wanna trade me a Huntsman? :P

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 03:01 PM Reply

Oh no...
Not tf2...one of the few online games that didn't have some sort of cheap-ass system to make extra money..
Yeah yeah, inb4yourenotforcedtodoit.
But that's not the point.
The point is, now people with extra money can get shit that other people get through hours and hours and hours of playing (especially hats)..come on, I'd be more than happy to pay for a massive update or something similar, but, urgh.
Every time a game makes you pay for something extra, even if it's completely cosmetic, I get pissed off, especially if it's a big game from a big company..
It's true, they don't hurt me as a player in any way, but I still think that it's massively unfair, and fairly cheap to do something like this...
In my mind, this is pretty much like selling game time or achievements, or game stats...how?Well, you're paying to get something that you can brag about even if you didn't earn it in any way.

With that being said, I'm glad the trading system and the new items will be in the game soon.