New Topic Respond to this Topic
Arctic-Zone
Arctic-Zone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-22 18:04:05 Reply

Hey, I'm going to get TF2 soon! I have the money; I just don't want to go outside today.

ahaha god damnit i'm here.

BBS Signature
RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-22 18:12:55 Reply

At 6/22/10 01:40 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: About the demo, I think the best loadout is the normal one.

Personally, I love playing targe, pipe, and bottle/Eyelander. Bottle or Eyelander doesn't matter, it depends on which one's more important. Super powerful random crits or speed and health? When I play as sticky demo, I tend to forget about poor olde pipe launcher. I love my pipe launcher, mang! It's ten times more fun than sticky launcher because trajectory prediction is much more important for effective damage.

The difference between a targe demo and a sticky demo is how far into the battlefield they can get and how long they can survive. Sticky demos are destructive bastards when close to an objective point, and a targe demo can be an annoying bastard when deep in the enemy base.

Another thing to boot is the extreme conditions one can survive as a Demoman when you have two defensive, self-supporting items at your disposal (targe and sword). With additional health, a perked up speed, and 50% damage reduction against two of the most common causes of death, you've practically built up a mega-resistance to death with the pipe launcher if you know how to pick your battles.

Think about it. Pyro spams flames at you. They barely even get to you, simply catching you on fire, potentially taking off 30 health. Backpedaling is slower than running forwards, but when you have enough heads, you can still backpedal faster than the pyro, giving you an advantage. Assuming you have full health and pipes, you can easily deliver two pipes into the pyro's face, if you know your predicting and if the pyro's not a pro mouse2 user.

Last but not least, the one thing you're not so resistant to: scouts. They don't use fire, or explosives to harm you, so you're at no advantage against them. They're still faster than you even when you've got all the heads you need so you're still a sitting duck to him. The only thing that could possibly kill a scout is a stray nade to the face, or a lucky hit with your melee.

In conclusion : DILEMMAS, DILEMMAS, DILEMMAS.

BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-22 18:39:34 Reply

My opinion on the Axe...

If you Demoknight, the only good choice is the sword really, the heads make it worth it...

The damage addition on the axe isn't even necessary if you demoknight well, and use your Targe correctly. You really get owned by scouts when you're that slow. And have no easy way to dispose of them.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-22 19:33:28 Reply

At 6/22/10 07:22 PM, Alaska wrote: Which one of you crazy guys did this?

Best hat ever.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-23 13:33:28 Reply

At 6/22/10 06:12 PM, RandomExploit wrote: Personally, I love playing targe, pipe, and bottle/Eyelander. Bottle or Eyelander doesn't matter, it depends on which one's more important. Super powerful random crits or speed and health? When I play as sticky demo, I tend to forget about poor olde pipe launcher. I love my pipe launcher, mang! It's ten times more fun than sticky launcher because trajectory prediction is much more important for effective damage.

Yeah, the nade launcher was always an underused weapon baceuase of the effectiveness of sticky spam...I used it a lot even before the Demoknight stuff.

Another thing to boot is the extreme conditions one can survive as a Demoman when you have two defensive, self-supporting items at your disposal (targe and sword). With additional health, a perked up speed, and 50% damage reduction against two of the most common causes of death, you've practically built up a mega-resistance to death with the pipe launcher if you know how to pick your battles.

Thing is, most of the time everyone is going to be shooting at you (shooting bullets, I mean) which makes your shield completely useless.

Last but not least, the one thing you're not so resistant to: scouts. They don't use fire, or explosives to harm you, so you're at no advantage against them. They're still faster than you even when you've got all the heads you need so you're still a sitting duck to him. The only thing that could possibly kill a scout is a stray nade to the face, or a lucky hit with your melee.

I can easily kill scouts because I learned to predict their movement....if you CBA doing that, there's another very easy tactic (and it works with most classes as well): take out your targe/melee combo (doesn't matter which melee you're using) and charge at the enemy..if you get a crit, then the fight is already over.
If you fail to kill him or completely miss, your enemy will always backpedal to get away from the melee range of your weapon..so you simply take out your nade launcher and insert a grenade into his brain.

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-23 14:36:05 Reply

Well, a trained scout would always know how to kill a demoman. I personally have mastered the tactic of killing demos. Demos and scouts are 2 classes where the one might seem easy to kill the other yet roles are easily reverted. So, when you are scout and want to kill a demo.

1)The safest tactic is to spam your pistol from afar. It really helps because the demoman's explosives are easy to dodge if shot from a long way.

2)Try to confuse him. Never rush straight forward because a direct grenade can be really lethal. ALWAYS look at him, yet be sure you run on his left/right side. If you are behind him, its better.

3)If you feel the urge to mellee him, be cautious because he will try to sticky-stop you. I managed to gain advantage of the sticky blast and the crouch jump tactic to land on some demos head, batting them to death, but if you have to mellee him, try to do it when he isn't looking.

4) Generally, if you want to get close to him, do this: a) Zig-Zag double jumps until he is out of grenade/sticky ammo, and then run like hell and give him a hug, I mean get really close. He will be too afraid to detonate his stickies and the worst senarios are a lucky mellee crit or a direct nade.
In the second senario you will have no problem finishing him, but beware...

5) The generall best tactic is going close for a good scatter gun hit(or two) and then pistol him until he is doomed.

P.S. : If you are in close areas, after you kill him run straight at his corpse, its the best way to avoid any possible after death grenades, because even on can damage you for 70 hp or more I think...

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-23 16:41:08 Reply

At 6/23/10 02:36 PM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Well, a trained scout would always know how to kill a demoman.

NEIN.Well, if he's a normal demo, then yes, but if he's a demoknight and he knows what he's doing, then no.

1)The safest tactic is to spam your pistol from afar. It really helps because the demoman's explosives are easy to dodge if shot from a long way.

Targe charge?

3)If you feel the urge to mellee him, be cautious because he will try to sticky-stop you. I managed to gain advantage of the sticky blast and the crouch jump tactic to land on some demos head, batting them to death, but if you have to mellee him, try to do it when he isn't looking.

Batting people from the top of their head is extremely funny to watch..

5) The generall best tactic is going close for a good scatter gun hit(or two) and then pistol him until he is doomed.

P.S. : If you are in close areas, after you kill him run straight at his corpse, its the best way to avoid any possible after death grenades, because even on can damage you for 70 hp or more I think...

All this is fine, but it's only valid if said demo is equipped with all the standard weapons.

Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-23 18:59:19 Reply

Let's move on to the Demo's ex-best friend - The Soldier.

What do you think of him? Overpowered? Fine?

Personally:
- Too much health
- Too easy to play as (SHOOTTHEGROUND)
- Too easy to destroy buildings n shit
- Almost invincible with a medic

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-23 19:15:29 Reply

At 6/23/10 06:59 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Let's move on to the Demo's ex-best friend - The Soldier.

Personally:
- Too much health

His health is to compinsate for his lack of speed.

He's easy to play but hard to master and play well.

An Engie and out repair one soldier attacking a sentry, assuming the Engie doesn't die.

I fail to see how, Heavy is a much better, and more powerful Medic buddy, Demoman, even.

Soldier is perfectly fine. In my opinion.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-23 19:17:00 Reply

At 6/23/10 07:15 PM, ironraven24 wrote:
An Engie and out repair one soldier attacking a sentry, assuming the Engie doesn't die.

And Engie can out repair one Soldier attacking a sentry assuming the Engie doesn't die.*

Fuck typos.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-23 19:38:50 Reply

At 6/23/10 07:15 PM, ironraven24 wrote:
At 6/23/10 06:59 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Personally:
- Too much health
His health is to compinsate for his lack of speed.

Yeah, I don't think 200 is too much..

He's easy to play but hard to master and play well.

Well said.

He is only good at destroying buildings from afar...Demo is far better vs Engie&base.

I fail to see how, Heavy is a much better, and more powerful Medic buddy, Demoman, even.

Again, well said.
Soldier&Medic is a fine combo indeed, but very far from invicinble...

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-23 20:26:07 Reply

At 6/23/10 06:59 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Let's move on to the Demo's ex-best friend - The Soldier.

I agree with pretty much everything ironraven24 said.

Personally:
- Too much health

Again, slow speed to compensate.

This I agree with. Nevertheless, as easy as he is to play, I've seen really bad soldiers who can't hit anyone, but they still manage to get kills from the splash damage. You do see good soldiers though, ones who can easily just juggle people to kill them without a sweat. Basically, if you're against a good Soldier like this, if you aren't a Heavy, Soldier or a Demo, you're screwed.

Not really, if it's only one. Engie can repair faster than Solly can damage.

Lolno. I try to avoid sticking with Soldiers as much as possible. Much prefer a good Demo or Heavy... or even a Pyro. Though this might be more to do with the lamentable skill level of Soldiers I've been seeing, pretty much since the War Update. Prior to that you had good Soldiers who were worth a damn.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-23 21:50:53 Reply

It seems I'm a bit rusty as Pyro...

Team Fortress 2 Crew

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-24 01:51:48 Reply

At 6/23/10 06:59 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: - Too much health

..And slow as fuck

He only four rockets and six shots that can likely miss. He's only got the advantage if he's battling one-on-one.

Excessive defensive engineering is for faggots who can't play the game at all anyways. You shouldn't be able to be megacredit to team by just sticking your hand down your pants and mashing your mouse button either at your buildings or enemies threatening your buildings.

Soldiers are terrible at protecting a medic due to the movement style involved in their combat. Only an uber will ensure a medic's safety.

BLU Wins

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-24 03:25:22 Reply

Soldiers really are a marvellous class that can fight at most ground types. However the soldier has trouble with his temper. If a pyro rushes and you try to rocket spam him, if you do not shoot the ground, you are screwed. Again, if you pop in a heavys face, he can easilly get you even if you rocketspam.

Mostly when I play soldier, I stay unconciously calm and I win ;)

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-24 04:38:38 Reply

Personally:
- Too much health

He's not too overpowered but he is pretty easy to play and very well rounded against most classes so maybe he is just a little...

I wonder why no one uses the Scottish Resistance...I started using it and find it actually pretty useful.

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-24 14:55:54 Reply

At 6/23/10 09:50 PM, ironraven24 wrote: It seems I'm a bit rusty as Pyro...

Hi.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-24 15:04:24 Reply

At 6/24/10 02:55 PM, Racoonmario wrote:
Hi.

You spammed the living shit out of them.Admit it.

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-24 15:20:05 Reply

At 6/24/10 03:04 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
Hi.
You spammed the living shit out of them.Admit it.

Dawg I have mad skill.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-24 16:54:52 Reply

Holy shit... Knew it! Cats hate Team Fortress 2 so much... well this happens.

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-24 17:11:33 Reply

Hi.

I'm assuming your team wasn't shit.

Also fun fact, I had as many deaths as I did because I was the only guy stopping the cart. I think I cart dove about 10 enemies, and successfully caught fire on all of them around 8 or so times.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-24 17:30:17 Reply

At 6/24/10 04:54 PM, Sweeper128 wrote: Holy shit... Knew it! Cats hate Team Fortress 2 so much... well this happens.

Motherfucking Catnarok!

BBS Signature
RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-24 18:13:11 Reply

At 6/24/10 04:54 PM, Sweeper128 wrote: Holy shit... Knew it! Cats hate Team Fortress 2 so much... well this happens.

Best. BSP. Ever.

BLU Wins

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-24 19:17:15 Reply

At 6/24/10 06:13 PM, RandomExploit wrote:
Best. BSP. Ever.

That's some pretty advanced shit right there...a cat that shoots colored Laz0rs out of its eyes and spits bees from its mouth?Not easy.
BURN ACHIEVEMENT SERVERS BURN

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-24 22:27:58 Reply

Hi.

Demoman + Goldrush does not equal skill.

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-25 02:01:17 Reply

Well practicaly, I cannot understand this reaction that is like :OMGFGLOLZ DEMOOMAN SPAMZOR 0 SKILL HUEHUEHUEHUE

Even if the guy just throws stickys and detonates them before they fall, what makes you, the target MOVE away. Do not remember that while the demo does this, a sliightest chance of him missing leads to ~3 seconds before he throws his sticky. I dunno about you guys but for me, with any class I can kill a demo in 3 seconds if he just walks around reloading like maniac.

Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-25 02:36:57 Reply

At 6/25/10 02:01 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Well practicaly, I cannot understand this reaction that is like :OMGFGLOLZ DEMOOMAN SPAMZOR 0 SKILL HUEHUEHUEHUE

At any second while you're running towards him shooting he can sticky the ground once and move back.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-25 02:45:28 Reply

At 6/25/10 02:01 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Do not remember that while the demo does this, a sliightest chance of him missing leads to ~3 seconds before he throws his sticky.

It takes a lot less than 3 seconds to shoot and detonate stickies, mate.

BBS Signature
Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-25 06:13:03 Reply

At 6/24/10 07:17 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/24/10 06:13 PM, RandomExploit wrote:
Best. BSP. Ever.
That's some pretty advanced shit right there...a cat that shoots colored Laz0rs out of its eyes and spits bees from its mouth?Not easy.

Valve are trying to hunt down the guy to award him with a community item.

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-25 07:27:12 Reply

Well, for me Ima doing a break from tf2(it started a week ago). These breaks are really awsum because I have reached a point where you cannot-forget-your-skill, so I can sit back, relax, and play again around 10 july to get a shitload of items from my extravagant play hourse the past months.