New Topic Respond to this Topic
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 05:06 AM Reply

First of all, what the FUCK is wrong with the new UI...second...
The Pyro mystery is finally solved.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 05:15 AM Reply

At 6/11/10 04:57 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Also, tutorial mode has too much focus on solly.

I wonder why...possibly because that's the only class they've developed a training mode for?!

At 6/11/10 05:06 AM, HeavyTank wrote: First of all, what the FUCK is wrong with the new UI...second...

Hahaha, very nice find!

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 05:22 AM Reply

At 6/11/10 05:06 AM, HeavyTank wrote: First of all, what the FUCK is wrong with the new UI...second...

Brb, getting model with bewbies. :3

On another note I hope they release both "Meet the" videos with the Engie update. Don't you think they kind of ruined thesuspence of Meet the Pyro?

Then again, Vavle could be fucking with us, we all know they love doing that.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 05:57 AM Reply

At 6/11/10 05:22 AM, ironraven24 wrote: Then again, Vavle could be fucking with us, we all know they love doing that.

Well, they ARE fucking with us, since you can only see the "her" message once..every time I looked at the message AFTER taking the snapshot it had "him"...it's like an old blob entry, remember?

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 06:58 AM Reply

At 6/10/10 09:52 PM, visiblecrumpet wrote:
At 6/10/10 09:08 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 6/10/10 06:14 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Yeah, even if you bought and played the game on a non-Mac for years
Wait, so you don't have to PLAY or start TF2 to get them?
negative

You do need to...otherwise I'd have them by now.

Damn Macs available to me didn't have enough space to d/l TF2 >:(

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 07:13 AM Reply

Well, as most of us could predict, the first wave of Mac flaming arrived. Fortunately me and HeavyTank found a server which is still PC ruled but I wil tell you some other examples of funny stuff that happened today.

1)The new earbuds leave floating white notes which if you are spy are seen so spies should not wear them.

2)Today I killed a Mac user(among over 10 Mac users I killed I think( the earbuds are hard to see to anyone except heavy)). At the first kill he told me:Windows noob soulkutu you have no social life

At the second kill he told me: omg you are such windows noob and you fail because windows makes it easier and your girlfriend get ^&^% with someone else(which is paranoid because I am too young to have girlfriend but anyway)

I dominated him but because bith me and the admin knew that he will start the flaming, the admin kicked him.
Also, I saw once when another guy told our admin who was playing freaking noob. The admin warned him that he will ban him. The guy told that he is windows influenced admin and that microsoft pays him to ban all mac users and that he hates VALVe (he said nothing about VALVe though) because the did one good act to allow mac users to play tf2. He also said that VALVe allowed macs to play tf2 because they were bored of seeing windows noobs trying to kill each other in a pathetic way.

I say I do not like the new main menu and I feel a bit confused about mac users BUT if they start the fight and I do not respond well it can get annoying.

P.S. of course many mac users were saying their earbuds are cooler, even cooler than my officer's ushanka but my Shascha proved the wrong:)

P.S.(2) after the admin flaming the admin banned the guy and ~ 6 macs told him he is noob admin and that they go to join their fellow mac user and that they will report this admin.

Now what can you calculate or even think of these things that happen to Steam servers.

(Note: this is the first wave of mac users. The second massive wave may be calmer but I bet we will see more problems about this in the future, I just hope that everyone will stop flaming everything and that the menu will change back to the old because I want this HL/CSS character back >: )

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 07:16 AM Reply

At 6/11/10 07:13 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: stuff

Wow, American servers must suck, huh?

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 07:48 AM Reply

At 6/11/10 07:16 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:

Goddamn, you probably joined the wrong server at the wrong time...

I have to say, UKCS servers were pretty decent..one guy tried to start a flame war with a new user (who clearly said that it was his first time ever playing online, and he even has "@Mac" at the end of his name..) and an admin warned him that any discriminating behaviour will get you instabanned.
Game-wise, I discovered how damn useful the shiv is..I actually managed to dominate a spy and not get killed by any spy during my whole sniper session..the bleeding can be seen even throguh cloaking, so it's pretty easy to hunt down spies (maybe even noscope them).
Also had a bit of swinging fun as a Demo and tried actual Ctri-a-Cola tactics..if you use it in the right way, it can be pretty damn useful..I'm just not sure if it's better than the pistol or not.
Apart from that, I found the usual garbage (Cloak and Dagger and Ubersaw).

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 07:56 AM Reply

Man, now I really want the earbuds so I can piss off PCfags.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 08:00 AM Reply

At 6/11/10 07:56 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Man, now I really want the earbuds so I can piss off PCfags.

Meh, I wish there was a Windows version of the earplugs..you know, maybe headphones, or just "normal" earplugs...it's kinda unfair that you can't get an item because of your OS (or maybe there's a way to get them, but it's not clear yet-apparently it's not killing a Mac user, I asked around and nobody confirmed it).

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 08:08 AM Reply

At 6/11/10 08:00 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/11/10 07:56 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Man, now I really want the earbuds so I can piss off PCfags.
Meh, I wish there was a Windows version of the earplugs...

I own a Gamecube, can I have a controller hanging from my neck plz?

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 08:49 AM Reply

At 6/10/10 06:28 PM, STEM wrote: I recommend not wearing the earbuds, unless you want to be insta-kicked or at least rallied against on a few servers. It's the new halo

I've been hearing a lot of stories about people getting kicked/banned from servers just because of those earbuds. It's sad how Valve has to make items which only add fuel to the fire. It doesn't help when they make misleading information such as saying you can kill Mac users who are wearing earbuds to get the item yourself. From what I've heard, it doesn't even work so no wonder why there's tons of rage in the Steam forums right now.

Another thing about these exclusive items. I know they're made for special events but within a year or two, I really think some of them should be obtainable through the drop system or crafting three refined metals. It won't be fair on the newer generation when they see all the items they missed out on.

At 6/11/10 04:57 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: I personally like this new menu layout in TF2.

I don't think it's as bad as most make it out to be. Sure, the achievement and record boxes at the top take up a lot of space but besides that, a bit of time to adjust to it and I'll be content.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 09:39 AM Reply

At 6/11/10 07:16 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:

US servers aren't that bad, though I just stick to my happy place, which would be the Slaughterhouse servers. Lots of nice people play there. But I haven't popped in, in about a week. About to.

At 6/10/10 10:13 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
I'm more interested about this new Engi shotgun. Looks like it's more focussed on long distance, so perhaps encourages an engi to go about picking people off from a bit of a distance, as opposed to the pistol spam that tends to happen once we finish building a main base.

I agree. It looks like it would fire slower, and use slug rounds instead of buckshots, thus increasing the range. With a damage increase, to compinsate, of course.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 09:42 AM Reply

I've only seen a few PC vs. Mac arguments, lol it seems that whenever I butt in and say something like "Stfu both of you" they all shut up 80% of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 10:29 AM Reply

At 6/11/10 09:42 AM, FurryDemon wrote: I've only seen a few PC vs. Mac arguments, lol it seems that whenever I butt in and say something like "Stfu both of you" they all shut up 80% of the time.

I've still yet to see any PC vs Mac fanboyism on any servers. Non-Aussie servers must suck, huh?

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 10:32 AM Reply

27 Kills
3 Dominations
Division Of Labor Achievement

^ and I only have 2 hours playtime as Heavy :D

Me and Paradox rolled.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 10:52 AM Reply

At 6/11/10 10:32 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Me and Paradox rolled.

Enjoy your new earphones. Also, you owe me several cookies.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 11:44 AM Reply

At 6/11/10 10:52 AM, GodsBitch wrote:
At 6/11/10 10:32 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Me and Paradox rolled.
Enjoy your new earphones. Also, you owe me several cookies.

Cookies have been sent via registered express mail. Should arrive by Sunday or Monday (yes they deliver on weekends because I said so)

Much <3 for allowing me to make many the silly fanboy of either operating system rage at my acquisition :D

visiblecrumpet
visiblecrumpet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 11:55 AM Reply

At 6/11/10 09:39 AM, ironraven24 wrote: I agree. It looks like it would fire slower, and use slug rounds instead of buckshots, thus increasing the range. With a damage increase, to compinsate, of course.

I'm betting its going to be something like "improved accuracy for smaller ammo clip" or something like that. I would say a power deduct but then it would just be a shotgun equivalent of the ambassador.

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 12:29 PM Reply

Well, I must say Australian servers are strangely calm. I must warn you though, Center European servers like French, German, Spain ones and even UK at some times are explicably angering. The whole situation going on steam forums is that PCusers stated that they will "hold their ground" versus Mac users who are few to argue now. They are the most fanatics but I fear they will sweep more into the fight. I wonder when the flaming will stop.

About the new main menu, I do not argue about the options and this stuff I argue because it is SOOOO APPLISH. Look at it. Messages popping with the characteristic apple "flop" sound also, white emphasis lines among stats board and the new language of the new tips(e.x. (..) your silhouette can be seen as spy (...) make it sooooo, how to say it.. wanting to be proved cool whatever happens, pretty much like Macs.

About the new engi shotgun it OBVIOUSLY has to do with long range targets although it seems really POW HAHA. I bet its like a Russian Rifle from Battlefield Bad Company 2 that its pretty much like this and throws 2 bullets per shot that are close to each other and travel long distances. If let's say this tf2 bullet pair can deal 50 damage with a direct close hit but 30 from a long hit, the engineer with 4 good shots can clear a pesky sniper.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 12:52 PM Reply

At 6/11/10 12:29 PM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: and the new language of the new tips(e.x. (..) your silhouette can be seen as spy (...) make it sooooo, how to say it.. wanting to be proved cool whatever happens, pretty much like Macs.

The tips were actually community submitted - they were updated to deal with stuff like the new weapons etc... >_>

Valve didn't have anything to do with it besides implementation, and I doubt the guy that wrote them really had Macs on his mind when he thought of them.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 12:55 PM Reply

So, uh, can someone with a mac grab me some buds?

Team Fortress 2 Crew

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 01:18 PM Reply

Today I realised the values of combat engineering. I was on 2fort and managed to build a lv2 sentry outside their spawn. My sentry got only 3 kills because the guys were ULTRA CAREFUL but that allowed me to grabe their intel and do the winning cap. At one point they begged me to remove the sentry because it was harrasing all happy scout who managed to get back to spawn with 3 hp.
So offensive engi is a bit of win if you manage to "do it the right way"=]

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 01:39 PM Reply

I've just come from a game where there were a good few anti-mac comments. When I asked why all the hate on Mac, the reply was "because they are Mac-fags". Some people are just so petty it's unbelievable. I don't understand why someones choice of operating has such negative effects on users of differing systems.

Anyway, that negativity aside, I'm having a really fun time with TF2. I'm enjoying it more than when I played it on my old Windows laptop because it's running smoother now as the other laptop wasn't really meant for games. Found a few servers that I like playing on as well.

I think I want to try and improve how I play with the Spy. I'm not all that great as it stands, but I think it's a really interesting class to play as. I put in some time with Engineer, which I don't normally play, and managed to fully build my sentry gun only for it to get no kills before a spy took it down as a scout was shooting at me. I suppose I need to improve there as well.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 07:49 PM Reply

At 6/11/10 12:52 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: The tips were actually community submitted - they were updated to deal with stuff like the new weapons etc... >_>

Personally, I love the new tips...the old ones were only updated every time a major weapon or gameplay change was implemented...
Also, when people said "because they are MacFags", they probably meant the annoying Mac users, not all of them.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 08:13 PM Reply

This new menu is pretty terrible looking... oh well

RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 08:13 PM Reply

Mac users are coo' except for the ones who do nothing but scream at the top of their lungs "LPOLOLOLDSOASJDKASHDJAKGFJHKDSGFHJADSKG FJDSHKGFJSKF MIKOSOFF HAZ BLUE SKREN OF DEFF HAHAHAH MICOSONN SUKKSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WASTED 9001 DOLLARZZZ ON TEH IWASTEMONEYONTHISCRAP!!!!!!!!"

Then there are the Windows users who go "LOLOLOASFJKSDGHFSJDKGHDSKFG MAKS DUN HAVE MOUSE2 LOLOLOLOLOL IT IS FUNNY BEKUZ ITZ TRUU EVEN TOH I NEVR TRIDE TEH MACK"

Shame on you, OS wartards.

BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 08:36 PM Reply

At 6/11/10 08:13 PM, Frenzy wrote: This new menu is pretty terrible looking... oh well

It's not bad... it's just different. It wasnt really needed, but meh, it's alright.

I don't really like bulk to be honest.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature