HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 07:48:04 Reply

At 6/11/10 07:16 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 6/11/10 07:13 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: stuff

Goddamn, you probably joined the wrong server at the wrong time...

Wow, American servers must suck, huh?

I have to say, UKCS servers were pretty decent..one guy tried to start a flame war with a new user (who clearly said that it was his first time ever playing online, and he even has "@Mac" at the end of his name..) and an admin warned him that any discriminating behaviour will get you instabanned.
Game-wise, I discovered how damn useful the shiv is..I actually managed to dominate a spy and not get killed by any spy during my whole sniper session..the bleeding can be seen even throguh cloaking, so it's pretty easy to hunt down spies (maybe even noscope them).
Also had a bit of swinging fun as a Demo and tried actual Ctri-a-Cola tactics..if you use it in the right way, it can be pretty damn useful..I'm just not sure if it's better than the pistol or not.
Apart from that, I found the usual garbage (Cloak and Dagger and Ubersaw).

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 07:56:31 Reply

Man, now I really want the earbuds so I can piss off PCfags.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 08:00:37 Reply

At 6/11/10 07:56 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Man, now I really want the earbuds so I can piss off PCfags.

Meh, I wish there was a Windows version of the earplugs..you know, maybe headphones, or just "normal" earplugs...it's kinda unfair that you can't get an item because of your OS (or maybe there's a way to get them, but it's not clear yet-apparently it's not killing a Mac user, I asked around and nobody confirmed it).

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 08:08:49 Reply

At 6/11/10 08:00 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/11/10 07:56 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Man, now I really want the earbuds so I can piss off PCfags.
Meh, I wish there was a Windows version of the earplugs...

I own a Gamecube, can I have a controller hanging from my neck plz?

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 08:49:51 Reply

At 6/10/10 06:28 PM, STEM wrote: I recommend not wearing the earbuds, unless you want to be insta-kicked or at least rallied against on a few servers. It's the new halo

I've been hearing a lot of stories about people getting kicked/banned from servers just because of those earbuds. It's sad how Valve has to make items which only add fuel to the fire. It doesn't help when they make misleading information such as saying you can kill Mac users who are wearing earbuds to get the item yourself. From what I've heard, it doesn't even work so no wonder why there's tons of rage in the Steam forums right now.

Another thing about these exclusive items. I know they're made for special events but within a year or two, I really think some of them should be obtainable through the drop system or crafting three refined metals. It won't be fair on the newer generation when they see all the items they missed out on.

At 6/11/10 04:57 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: I personally like this new menu layout in TF2.

I don't think it's as bad as most make it out to be. Sure, the achievement and record boxes at the top take up a lot of space but besides that, a bit of time to adjust to it and I'll be content.

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 09:39:23 Reply

At 6/11/10 07:16 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 6/11/10 07:13 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: stuff
Wow, American servers must suck, huh?

US servers aren't that bad, though I just stick to my happy place, which would be the Slaughterhouse servers. Lots of nice people play there. But I haven't popped in, in about a week. About to.

At 6/10/10 10:13 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
I'm more interested about this new Engi shotgun. Looks like it's more focussed on long distance, so perhaps encourages an engi to go about picking people off from a bit of a distance, as opposed to the pistol spam that tends to happen once we finish building a main base.

I agree. It looks like it would fire slower, and use slug rounds instead of buckshots, thus increasing the range. With a damage increase, to compinsate, of course.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 09:42:34 Reply

I've only seen a few PC vs. Mac arguments, lol it seems that whenever I butt in and say something like "Stfu both of you" they all shut up 80% of the time.

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 10:29:09 Reply

At 6/11/10 09:42 AM, FurryDemon wrote: I've only seen a few PC vs. Mac arguments, lol it seems that whenever I butt in and say something like "Stfu both of you" they all shut up 80% of the time.

I've still yet to see any PC vs Mac fanboyism on any servers. Non-Aussie servers must suck, huh?

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 10:32:36 Reply

27 Kills
3 Dominations
Division Of Labor Achievement

^ and I only have 2 hours playtime as Heavy :D

Me and Paradox rolled.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 10:52:16 Reply

At 6/11/10 10:32 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Me and Paradox rolled.

Enjoy your new earphones. Also, you owe me several cookies.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 11:44:25 Reply

At 6/11/10 10:52 AM, GodsBitch wrote:
At 6/11/10 10:32 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Me and Paradox rolled.
Enjoy your new earphones. Also, you owe me several cookies.

Cookies have been sent via registered express mail. Should arrive by Sunday or Monday (yes they deliver on weekends because I said so)

Much <3 for allowing me to make many the silly fanboy of either operating system rage at my acquisition :D

visiblecrumpet
visiblecrumpet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 11:55:14 Reply

At 6/11/10 09:39 AM, ironraven24 wrote: I agree. It looks like it would fire slower, and use slug rounds instead of buckshots, thus increasing the range. With a damage increase, to compinsate, of course.

I'm betting its going to be something like "improved accuracy for smaller ammo clip" or something like that. I would say a power deduct but then it would just be a shotgun equivalent of the ambassador.

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 12:29:31 Reply

Well, I must say Australian servers are strangely calm. I must warn you though, Center European servers like French, German, Spain ones and even UK at some times are explicably angering. The whole situation going on steam forums is that PCusers stated that they will "hold their ground" versus Mac users who are few to argue now. They are the most fanatics but I fear they will sweep more into the fight. I wonder when the flaming will stop.

About the new main menu, I do not argue about the options and this stuff I argue because it is SOOOO APPLISH. Look at it. Messages popping with the characteristic apple "flop" sound also, white emphasis lines among stats board and the new language of the new tips(e.x. (..) your silhouette can be seen as spy (...) make it sooooo, how to say it.. wanting to be proved cool whatever happens, pretty much like Macs.

About the new engi shotgun it OBVIOUSLY has to do with long range targets although it seems really POW HAHA. I bet its like a Russian Rifle from Battlefield Bad Company 2 that its pretty much like this and throws 2 bullets per shot that are close to each other and travel long distances. If let's say this tf2 bullet pair can deal 50 damage with a direct close hit but 30 from a long hit, the engineer with 4 good shots can clear a pesky sniper.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 12:52:44 Reply

At 6/11/10 12:29 PM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: and the new language of the new tips(e.x. (..) your silhouette can be seen as spy (...) make it sooooo, how to say it.. wanting to be proved cool whatever happens, pretty much like Macs.

The tips were actually community submitted - they were updated to deal with stuff like the new weapons etc... >_>

Valve didn't have anything to do with it besides implementation, and I doubt the guy that wrote them really had Macs on his mind when he thought of them.

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 12:55:21 Reply

So, uh, can someone with a mac grab me some buds?

Team Fortress 2 Crew

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 13:18:24 Reply

Today I realised the values of combat engineering. I was on 2fort and managed to build a lv2 sentry outside their spawn. My sentry got only 3 kills because the guys were ULTRA CAREFUL but that allowed me to grabe their intel and do the winning cap. At one point they begged me to remove the sentry because it was harrasing all happy scout who managed to get back to spawn with 3 hp.
So offensive engi is a bit of win if you manage to "do it the right way"=]

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 13:39:25 Reply

I've just come from a game where there were a good few anti-mac comments. When I asked why all the hate on Mac, the reply was "because they are Mac-fags". Some people are just so petty it's unbelievable. I don't understand why someones choice of operating has such negative effects on users of differing systems.

Anyway, that negativity aside, I'm having a really fun time with TF2. I'm enjoying it more than when I played it on my old Windows laptop because it's running smoother now as the other laptop wasn't really meant for games. Found a few servers that I like playing on as well.

I think I want to try and improve how I play with the Spy. I'm not all that great as it stands, but I think it's a really interesting class to play as. I put in some time with Engineer, which I don't normally play, and managed to fully build my sentry gun only for it to get no kills before a spy took it down as a scout was shooting at me. I suppose I need to improve there as well.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 19:49:46 Reply

At 6/11/10 12:52 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: The tips were actually community submitted - they were updated to deal with stuff like the new weapons etc... >_>

Personally, I love the new tips...the old ones were only updated every time a major weapon or gameplay change was implemented...
Also, when people said "because they are MacFags", they probably meant the annoying Mac users, not all of them.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Reader

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 20:13:37 Reply

This new menu is pretty terrible looking... oh well

RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 20:13:45 Reply

Mac users are coo' except for the ones who do nothing but scream at the top of their lungs "LPOLOLOLDSOASJDKASHDJAKGFJHKDSGFHJADSKG FJDSHKGFJSKF MIKOSOFF HAZ BLUE SKREN OF DEFF HAHAHAH MICOSONN SUKKSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WASTED 9001 DOLLARZZZ ON TEH IWASTEMONEYONTHISCRAP!!!!!!!!"

Then there are the Windows users who go "LOLOLOASFJKSDGHFSJDKGHDSKFG MAKS DUN HAVE MOUSE2 LOLOLOLOLOL IT IS FUNNY BEKUZ ITZ TRUU EVEN TOH I NEVR TRIDE TEH MACK"

Shame on you, OS wartards.

BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 20:36:20 Reply

At 6/11/10 08:13 PM, Frenzy wrote: This new menu is pretty terrible looking... oh well

It's not bad... it's just different. It wasnt really needed, but meh, it's alright.

I don't really like bulk to be honest.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-11 22:04:30 Reply

At 6/11/10 07:49 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Also, when people said "because they are MacFags", they probably meant the annoying Mac users, not all of them.

Nah, I'm pretty sure the term macfag encompasses anyone who owns a Mac. It really is a ridiculous stance to take - it's like discriminating against someone because they like Strawberry-flavoured ice cream more than Chocolate.

As for my take on the new menu: it's really a step forward in terms of UI design, where the general consensus is that buttons are better than bland bits of text, and pop-up text is much better for the end-user. However, I do think it could possibly have been implemented better - it really is very bulky, and takes up a lot of room.

I wouldn't have minded so much if they'd made the big blocks at the top and bottom transparent, so it didn't look like it was cropping the background so much.

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-12 05:32:23 Reply

Still waiting on getting my computer back, or getting a new one. Probarbly going to get my parents to phone up to see whats taking so long. I either want a new computer soon or my computer back today. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Also with the recent update to include the earbuds I like the thinking, but I think it should take into consideration people who have an apple product registered to their email address. This would show how many people do actually own some form of Apple product and would confuse the people who are butt hurt over not getting an accessory for something they don't even own.

Since I have been unable to play TF2 for about 3 weeks I have no idea about the state of the servers, so I can't really put anything in on that. Personally I am thankful for a lack of PC with this recent release. I really don't want to jump into a server with a bunch of people saying "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL TEH MACKZ IZ FOR TEH FAGGOTZ LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" etc. I am not a MAC fan but it's preferences.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-12 05:40:10 Reply

At 6/11/10 10:04 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Nah, I'm pretty sure the term macfag encompasses anyone who owns a Mac. It really is a ridiculous stance to take - it's like discriminating against someone because they like Strawberry-flavoured ice cream more than Chocolate.

HAW HAW, LOOK, A STRAWBERRYFAG.
Macfags shouldn't be used so extensively because if you use that term for anyone who owns a Mac, then how are you going to call the "real" macfags?

As for my take on the new menu: it's really a step forward in terms of UI design, where the general consensus is that buttons are better than bland bits of text, and pop-up text is much better for the end-user. However, I do think it could possibly have been implemented better - it really is very bulky, and takes up a lot of room.

Meh, I mean, what need there is to have the icon of a bug for the "report bug" section instead of simple text?
As I said, it might be cool-looking, but not really functional.

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-12 06:14:41 Reply

The true thing is that the menu has arrose argues becuse its applish look with all these fancy options and the floating messages.

Also, what info do we have on the new engi shotgun?

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-12 06:34:23 Reply

At 6/12/10 05:40 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Meh, I mean, what need there is to have the icon of a bug for the "report bug" section instead of simple text?
As I said, it might be cool-looking, but not really functional.

Well, the icon of the bug has roots in the beginning of computing - when the Harvard Mark II one day decided not to work, the reason behind it was that a moth had gotten in and messed up some of the relays. Hence the actual bug icon is somewhat relevant to the origins of the term.

As for functionality, it really isn't any more or less functional than the old UI - it's a User Interface, it's not supposed to be functional, it's supposed to be aesthetically pleasing and intuitive, something that the old one was lacking in compared with the new UI.

BBS Signature
Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-12 07:25:30 Reply

The eyelander takes the heads of defeated eyelander Demomen? AWESOME!

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-12 07:27:46 Reply

At 6/11/10 10:04 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: because they like Strawberry-flavoured ice cream more than Chocolate.

Strawberry ice cream?
What are you, gay?

BBS Signature