New Topic Respond to this Topic
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-30 19:00:34 Reply

At 5/30/10 05:45 PM, RandomExploit wrote: Just watch the video for magical examples of a level 1 sentry fucking shit over.

I've never thought of playing Engie offensively, that's probably why I usually never play him. I ought to give this a try.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-30 21:19:21 Reply

At 5/30/10 07:00 PM, ironraven24 wrote: I've never thought of playing Engie offensively, that's probably why I usually never play him. I ought to give this a try.

I just took a swing at both forms of offensive engineering with an eye on analysis and approved of its functionality in my field of annoying tactics.

It's fairly difficult, I'll tell you that, and I noted several occasions in which the PDQ would have been useful. Damn scouts.

BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-30 21:35:07 Reply

At 5/30/10 01:18 PM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Well if you keep repaireing your sentry and the sentry is close to the pyro( I said pops up not rushes in), of course you are done.

This justs means that you have exceptionally bad sentry placement. A Pyro should get raped by even a level 1 sentry 99% of the time.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Soviet
Soviet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-30 23:05:02 Reply

At 5/30/10 09:35 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 5/30/10 01:18 PM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Well if you keep repaireing your sentry and the sentry is close to the pyro( I said pops up not rushes in), of course you are done.
This justs means that you have exceptionally bad sentry placement. A Pyro should get raped by even a level 1 sentry 99% of the time.

Yeah, depends on sentry placement, if a level 1 sentry (and maybe even a level 2 sentry) is placed in a corner a pyro can easily just run around it and destroy it, but if you place it sort of back a bit OR stand near it so you can heal it the pyro gets cut down easily.

At the moment I think individual sentries (level 3) are pretty easy to destroy, just edge it with rockets or demoman stickies, and if he has help or is smashing it like hell with his wrench next to his dispenser then just get a little bit of nearby help, but when there is like more than 3 sentry guns decently placed it takes a skilled ube and/lots of luck/help from team mates to get it all down.

Imo more pyro's should help fellow engineers and airblast ubers away, plus they can get rid of spies and knock off sappers (with hammer). And if team mates are running around the base/point on fire you can extinguish it.

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-31 04:38:19 Reply

Today I had a good round as engi. I reached my record of 15 kills with a single sentry and I had over 13 assists. But because of these teleports i reached an overall pretty nice score. Its my first time I exceed 40 points with any class and I feel bad because I got all these points only with a few kills and many teleports. On the other hand I helped my team reach the fronts really fast. So what can I think of these points here?

Positive or Negative?

Team Fortress 2 Crew

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-31 04:58:42 Reply

At 5/31/10 04:38 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Today I had a good round as engi. I reached my record of 15 kills with a single sentry and I had over 13 assists. But because of these teleports i reached an overall pretty nice score. Its my first time I exceed 40 points with any class and I feel bad because I got all these points only with a few kills and many teleports. On the other hand I helped my team reach the fronts really fast. So what can I think of these points here?

Positive or Negative?

(Argh, finally...unBONK'd)
Urgh...44 points?Yeah, sometimes the engie can get cartloads of points without even doing anything (I remember getting my most teleports -48- and longest life -35 minutes or so- in my most useless and turtly life as an engie ever...)
About the PDQ, I'd have to go with "a bit OP"..maybe making it build faster only LV1 stuff would help..
And I'm finally starting to get a few good matches as a demo...the secret is to use both of your weapons (Glauncher and axe-or sword) in a way that suits the situation..for example, if you fired all four grenades at a pyro, and only one hits, don't reload, just charge him and take his head off...then again, if your charge failed for any reason, it would be a very good idea to backpedal and gib whoever is pursuing you...this works better than one would think, because now enemies are used to demos using only one of the two, making their tactics more focused...

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-31 06:47:14 Reply

At 5/30/10 05:45 PM, RandomExploit wrote: The PDQ is for offensive engineering.

That's what I usually do. On maps like Gravelpit or Steel, an offensive BLU Engineer can wreck some good havoc. I usually lure enemies into traps by placing a sentry, finding an enemy and let him chase me to my sentry.
Also, semi-relevant.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-31 13:13:59 Reply

At 5/31/10 06:47 AM, Racoonmario wrote:
Also, semi-relevant.

How you managed to get this up there?

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-31 14:28:39 Reply

At 5/31/10 01:13 PM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote:
At 5/31/10 06:47 AM, Racoonmario wrote:
Also, semi-relevant.
How you managed to get this up there?

3 players on each team and ninjaneering.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-31 21:40:48 Reply

At 5/31/10 04:38 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Positive or Negative?

You were credit to team.

Positive.

BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-01 16:26:27 Reply

I am bored of playing on my Xbox for hours each day. My computers power supply (I think) has completely died so I am waiting for my family to return from holiday so that we can actually get the stupid thing back. I miss playing TF2, but when I get it back I will have about 2 weeks of drops to pick up so I will have at least one new hat. If it's disapointing I will most likely craft it with my hatless engie so I wil hopefully get something good.

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-01 17:24:07 Reply

At 6/1/10 04:26 PM, Simple wrote: I am bored of playing on my Xbox for hours each day. My computers power supply (I think) has completely died so I am waiting for my family to return from holiday so that we can actually get the stupid thing back. I miss playing TF2, but when I get it back I will have about 2 weeks of drops to pick up so I will have at least one new hat. If it's disapointing I will most likely craft it with my hatless engie so I wil hopefully get something good.

You know it just increases your chances right? You can't get more than the cap. Which I believe is 8.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-01 17:27:41 Reply

At 6/1/10 05:24 PM, ironraven24 wrote: You know it just increases your chances right? You can't get more than the cap. Which I believe is 8.

I could have sworn that they carry over to the next week with the drop rate being the same. Oh well, I don't really look into this.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-01 18:26:49 Reply

At 6/1/10 05:27 PM, Simple wrote: I could have sworn that they carry over to the next week with the drop rate being the same. Oh well, I don't really look into this.

Who told you that?
It would be kinda pointless..this system was designed to reward regular playing and defeat the purpose of idling...

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-01 18:35:30 Reply

At 6/1/10 05:27 PM, Simple wrote:
At 6/1/10 05:24 PM, ironraven24 wrote: You know it just increases your chances right? You can't get more than the cap. Which I believe is 8.
I could have sworn that they carry over to the next week with the drop rate being the same. Oh well, I don't really look into this.

Well if that was the case, I would've gotten a shit load of items from my 3 month hiatus. The hours rollover in the sense that it increase the rate you get them, but not the amount. And even then. I only have two reclaimed and one refined.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-01 21:38:58 Reply

At 6/1/10 06:26 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Who told you that?

I'm pretty sure that its on the blog. "Some of your unused time will rollover to the following week, so if you're an intermittent player you'll also be fine."

It would be kinda pointless..this system was designed to reward regular playing and defeat the purpose of idling...

I think this feature was included to help those casual players who might play just once every two weeks, but have a massive session when they do.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-01 23:09:03 Reply

At 6/1/10 09:38 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
Who told you that?
I'm pretty sure that its on the blog. "Some of your unused time will rollover to the following week, so if you're an intermittent player you'll also be fine."

The time rollsover, but not the number of unlocks.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-02 01:42:41 Reply

Its really bad that thing with the cap. With the old drop system I would somehow get 3 items per day. Now I just get 8 items every thursday(sometimes 6 at thursday and 2 at friday) and this is it I have to wait for a whole week. While with the old drop system it was SURE you will get 3 items per week. Now I am on a state hhaving 1 refined yet 6 spare items I can craft :P

I really hope though that VALVe releases the engi update after 18 june which is the end of my exams.

Btw from the end of this week till 18 june we are writing the most difficult of the exams so I do not think I will have much time so I may do not post here for some days:I

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-02 03:14:10 Reply

At 6/2/10 01:42 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: While with the old drop system it was SURE you will get 3 items per week.

Actually, no. It rolled to see if you'd get an item or not, so it was entirely possibly for you not to get any items for weeks at a time, something I can definitely attest to.

BBS Signature
Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-02 04:48:57 Reply

At 6/2/10 04:21 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Gentlemen. THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY SPY.

Honestly, the other team were pretty idiotic. That really didn't look too different to my normal strategy on Dustbowl, except I use the Dead Ringer. I probably should use that shack more though, never realised how good a spot to jump down it is.

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-02 05:31:45 Reply

Today I had a good round as medic. 32 assists in one life with the same heavy to be exact(I saved him enough times).

However when I play spy always lolthings happen.

For example, we were on sawmill and I was spy. I and a friendly medic came on the enemy intel room and the medic got the intel. Then the medic taunted and a pyro came in. The pyro feign killed me but kept on pursuing me leaving the medic haveing his intel. The medic began to crouch walk to the central point while I was jumping around trying to avoid the pyro who wass mad at me. When we reached the central point the pyro CROUCH JUMPED above the medic carrying his intel just trying to axe me but I had the DR. When we reach the other door the medic taunts and the pyro AIRBLASTS HIM(he still has his intel) to get to me and eventually get killed by a sentry.

Why all this hate for spiesD: ?

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-02 06:15:45 Reply

That was pretty awesome.

Regards,

Shack.

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-02 09:30:33 Reply

At 6/2/10 06:15 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
That was pretty awesome.

Regards,

Shack.

This video is even better for showing you how to play Spy.

WATCH!

just kidding, pretty good for Lego though.
Rebster
Rebster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-02 10:42:55 Reply

I have Team Fortress 2 on the Xbox Live and PC.
My fav class to play on the xbox is Engineer or Scout
On the PC its either Medic or Pyro.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-02 15:56:26 Reply

At 6/2/10 01:42 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: While with the old drop system it was SURE you will get 3 items per week. Now I am on a state hhaving 1 refined yet 6 spare items I can craft :P

Maybe you were sure that you'd get 3 items per week because you're a lucky bastard...guys like me didn't get shit though, so the current system is better for everyone...

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-03 03:39:20 Reply

He's pretty good. Knows when to go and grab health and has some good spots.

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-03 10:09:18 Reply

Mengleten, we all agree that a spy can be quite pro with the knife... yet THIS guy here (I just realised he was on the server I was previously playing as engi(of course not at this match this was before I get tf2)
he is a true not pro... he is a true proffesional^^ (I say this because this tactic is NEVER EVER used yet he shows how easy it is with 100% chances of success).proffesional

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-06-03 14:30:31 Reply

You guys should head over to the Polycount forums to check out the various ideas and designs of artists taking part in the contest. I am surprised how many good items I have seen so far.

BBS Signature