Be a Supporter!

Team Fortress 2 Crew

  • 633,003 Views
  • 18,821 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 05:29:09 Reply

At 5/29/10 12:13 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: I have 1 refined metal, 2 reclaimed, and 2 scrap metal. How close are the rest of you to your next hat?

2 scrap metal and 1 reclaimed right now. Going to get a scout hat.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 07:23:43 Reply

2 refined, 1 reclaimed, 2 scrap. Almost there, I just hope it won't be a shit hat.


In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 07:30:33 Reply

Check the bottom right corner.


In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 08:04:29 Reply

At 5/29/10 07:30 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Check the bottom right corner.

Sharks, I mean Sentries with freaking laser beams out of their heads!?

Valve, take my heart now...


This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 08:29:39 Reply

At 5/29/10 07:30 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Check the bottom right corner.

Wow, where did you find this?


It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 09:28:24 Reply

At 5/29/10 08:29 AM, tally1989 wrote:
At 5/29/10 07:30 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Check the bottom right corner.
Wow, where did you find this?

Daed posted it on his site.


In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 09:34:08 Reply

At 5/29/10 12:13 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: I have 1 refined metal, 2 reclaimed, and 2 scrap metal. How close are the rest of you to your next hat?

One refined, two reclaimed, two scrap.

This item drop system hats me. Get it? GET IT? In the bad way.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 09:47:59 Reply

At 5/29/10 07:30 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Check the bottom right corner.

That looks like a targeting laser.

/double post.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 10:32:35 Reply

Hm, maybe they deliberately hinted it? Who knows. Someone told me on a game somewhere that apparently it is in the game files or something.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 12:01:33 Reply

At 5/29/10 10:32 AM, FurryDemon wrote: Hm, maybe they deliberately hinted it? Who knows. Someone told me on a game somewhere that apparently it is in the game files or something.

Whoah whoah. From the time the pic is from EVD's site, this is serious.

It would be lol if VALVe was adding the engi update files with NOT activate order to our steam files:P

The lulest thing would be VALVe to have added with the form of updaets one engi update file on the steam folders of multiple users so then users have to find it and re-upload it to VALVe:P

Anywa this new killicon looks... stunning:)

Pls if anyone find anything like that post it...

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 12:06:08 Reply

DAMMIT I remember someone told about this but after seeing it on tf2portal site I have started worrying a bit TOO much>:

Is this possibel(pic is from tf2portal)?

Team Fortress 2 Crew

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 12:30:02 Reply

At 5/29/10 12:06 PM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: DAMMIT I remember someone told about this but after seeing it on tf2portal site I have started worrying a bit TOO much>:

Is this possibel(pic is from tf2portal)?

Might be one of them beta tester pictures, but I wouldn't be surprised if they would put it in the game. Makes engineering pretty darn quick. Sentry takes 10 seconds to deploy, with wrench 5 seconds, and with this wrench only 2.5 seconds.
And how about this: You can build them machineries quick while another fella upgrades it. Sounds good to me.


In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 12:39:40 Reply

At 5/29/10 12:30 PM, Racoonmario wrote: And how about this: You can build them machineries quick while another fella upgrades it. Sounds good to me.

I didn't actually think about this, but that would be a great damn strategy.


[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
visiblecrumpet
visiblecrumpet
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 14:31:57 Reply

At 5/29/10 12:39 PM, ironraven24 wrote:
At 5/29/10 12:30 PM, Racoonmario wrote: And how about this: You can build them machineries quick while another fella upgrades it. Sounds good to me.
I didn't actually think about this, but that would be a great damn strategy.

But also insanely OP. It just defeats the purpose of the weapon.

Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 14:49:47 Reply

At 5/29/10 02:31 PM, visiblecrumpet wrote: But also insanely OP. It just defeats the purpose of the weapon.

It's not OP... Lol. I love how when someone finds a good strategy with 'x', everyone screams "OP!~"

That's like saying it's OP to Uber and engie and build a Sentry in front of the enemy spawn.

Or saying it's OP for Two heavies working together, one using Slow, and the other using DPS.


[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 16:11:27 Reply

At 5/29/10 02:31 PM, visiblecrumpet wrote: But also insanely OP. It just defeats the purpose of the weapon.

TEAM Fortress 2.


BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 16:20:37 Reply

At 5/29/10 04:11 PM, RandomExploit wrote:
At 5/29/10 02:31 PM, visiblecrumpet wrote: But also insanely OP. It just defeats the purpose of the weapon.
TEAM Fortress 2.

Guys, Teamwork needs a nerf.


[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 16:28:11 Reply

At 5/29/10 04:20 PM, ironraven24 wrote:
At 5/29/10 04:11 PM, RandomExploit wrote:
At 5/29/10 02:31 PM, visiblecrumpet wrote: But also insanely OP. It just defeats the purpose of the weapon.
TEAM Fortress 2.
Guys, Teamwork needs a nerf.

This. 5 star him now! /10char

I'd be more Team-ful if I wore my mic... :P


This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
visiblecrumpet
visiblecrumpet
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 17:07:58 Reply

Oh no!!! You guys are absolutely right!! What and idiot troll I am for not realizing that making a weapon who's nerf is exploited and therefore made useless actually DOESN'T make it over powered!!! What and idiot I am.

Or hey, how about lets not be a bunch of idiots and realize that if the point of a weapon is to sacrifice power for speed, then finding away around that to give it the best of both worlds does make it overpowered since its counterpart would there for be made useless. Would there be an engineer who wouldn't use that weapon? All that does is essentially mean you have a quicker deploying sentry.

But try not to touch yourselves too much at the sight of your mob idiocy.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 17:23:29 Reply

At 5/29/10 05:07 PM, visiblecrumpet wrote: asdf

He mad.

Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 17:28:36 Reply

At 5/29/10 05:07 PM, visiblecrumpet wrote: Oh no!!! You guys are absolutely right!! What and idiot troll I am for not realizing that making a weapon who's nerf is exploited and therefore made useless actually DOESN'T make it over powered!!! What and idiot I am.

It's not an exploit. This Engie can't upgrade at all. This Wrench (which is probably fake) would ONLY be useful in maps like arena, or Control points. In any attack/defend map, it would be useless, as you would really only have one or two engie's for upgrading, instead of 2 or 3. Using the quick build to your advantage then having another upgrade isn't exploiting at all, it's a tactic, or rather strategy. This is a team game. Sentry guns are also piss easy to take out, granted you have an uber.

But try not to touch yourselves too much at the sight of your mob idiocy.

Try not to be such a dick.

Also, umad.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
visiblecrumpet
visiblecrumpet
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 17:44:25 Reply

At 5/29/10 05:28 PM, ironraven24 wrote:
At 5/29/10 05:07 PM, visiblecrumpet wrote: Oh no!!! You guys are absolutely right!! What and idiot troll I am for not realizing that making a weapon who's nerf is exploited and therefore made useless actually DOESN'T make it over powered!!! What and idiot I am.
It's not an exploit. This Engie can't upgrade at all. This Wrench (which is probably fake) would ONLY be useful in maps like arena, or Control points. In any attack/defend map, it would be useless, as you would really only have one or two engie's for upgrading, instead of 2 or 3. Using the quick build to your advantage then having another upgrade isn't exploiting at all, it's a tactic, or rather strategy. This is a team game. Sentry guns are also piss easy to take out, granted you have an uber.

But try not to touch yourselves too much at the sight of your mob idiocy.
Try not to be such a dick.
Also, umad.

You must be kidding.

Listen, the point of this weapon was that the builder builds at a faster speed for the sacrifice of not being able to upgrade his buildings right? So then another engineer coming and upgrading it for him isn't exploiting? It defeats the purpose of the weapon. Outright and plain. Don't give me that excuse that he needs another engineer, putting out two engineers really isn't that big of a sacrifice to your team unless you have incredibly low numbers. I'm talking a 4-6 player team. Needing another engineer to upgrade your building is barely a nerf. The reason this weapon most likely isn't going to be like that is because Valve understands this as much as I do. Its stupid.

I'm not saying this weapon is real I was just pointing out it was OP, but if you guys want to troll about it fine. I wasn't mad until I relooked at this thread and saw you guys miss the entire point of what I was saying and then troll. Saying stupid shit like "Lulz he think this isn't about teamwork." or "everytime a strategy for a weapon is viable there has to be some troll" makes you the dick heads.

Jesus I was someone who supported the pyro nerf even when he's my most played and favorite class. You think I'm going to be a troll about a fucking engineer weapon. Don't be stupid. Hes the last class I care about.

Whats up your asses huh? Look at weapon before criticizing me for downplaying its possibility.

RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 19:58:11 Reply

Actually, I have a feeling that visiblecrumpet might be correct about its inability to upgrade being an insufficient drawback. Two steam friends can easily exploit the PDQ and standard wrench, making the nerf practically nonexistent.

But still, when I think about it, the nerf MIGHT be sufficent. Two ordinary ordinary wrenchineers can cooperate to the same extent while 2 PDQgineers would be at a much worse drawback.

Here's a dumbly drawn chart to help.

Team Fortress 2 Crew


BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 21:01:11 Reply

The PDQ is/was real, it was in the closed TF2 beta. I kinda agree with visiblecrumpet though, the inability to upgrade buildings isn't really much of a drawback, since it's easy enough to pop down your buildables quickly, and then switch back to the normal wrench for the rest of the game until your stuff gets destroyed. Building the actual buildings is such a small part of the engi's strategy, it really is a shit weapon with a disgustingly high drawback.


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-29 21:40:02 Reply

Maybe the wrench is suppose to be combined with another weapon/building or something.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-30 03:42:52 Reply

At 5/29/10 09:01 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: The PDQ is/was real, it was in the closed TF2 beta. I kinda agree with visiblecrumpet though, the inability to upgrade buildings isn't really much of a drawback, since it's easy enough to pop down your buildables quickly, and then switch back to the normal wrench for the rest of the game until your stuff gets destroyed. Building the actual buildings is such a small part of the engi's strategy, it really is a shit weapon with a disgustingly high drawback.

I agree with paradox 100%

What mindless engi would do such a thing? Let's say you have your nice engi base and OH GREAT you have built quickly all your stuff. But you have a punny lv1 sentry and a PUNNIER lv1 dispenser to help you and an EVEN MOAR TINY LV1 teleporter to receive help from teammates. A pyro pops up and its all over for your quick-to-build yet quick-to-smash engie base:)

So I am glad the P.D.Q. is most unlikely to be rejected:)

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-30 10:07:39 Reply

At 5/30/10 03:42 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: A pyro pops up and its all over for your quick-to-build yet quick-to-smash engie base:)

Nominated for worst engie 2010.


In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-30 11:03:46 Reply

At 5/30/10 10:07 AM, Racoonmario wrote:
At 5/30/10 03:42 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: A pyro pops up and its all over for your quick-to-build yet quick-to-smash engie base:)
Nominated for worst engie 2010.

I think I'll have to second that motion.


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-30 13:18:53 Reply

At 5/30/10 11:03 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 5/30/10 10:07 AM, Racoonmario wrote:
At 5/30/10 03:42 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: A pyro pops up and its all over for your quick-to-build yet quick-to-smash engie base:)
Nominated for worst engie 2010.
I think I'll have to second that motion.

Well if you keep repaireing your sentry and the sentry is close to the pyro( I said pops up not rushes in), of course you are done. Most pyros even me can easily circle a lv2 sentry and rubble it so I guess a standard pyro won't have problem with a lv1 sentry. What I want to say is that the sentry is SOOOOO WEEEAAAK. If you are outside of its range with some patience or with 4 rockets you can BOOM it. The engineer must have absolute timing to repair the sentry from 4 rockets coming one-after-another.

They must make something like a sentry with moar hp or something that can give the engineer more firepower than the soldier in teerms of long range fighting.

Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-30 16:44:01 Reply

At 5/29/10 05:44 PM, visiblecrumpet wrote:
You must be kidding.

Listen, the point of this weapon was that the builder builds at a faster speed for the sacrifice of not being able to upgrade his buildings right? So then another engineer coming and upgrading it for him isn't exploiting? It defeats the purpose of the weapon. Outright and plain.

Okay, I stand corrected. But my double Heavy example still stands, it's the same thing. It is exploiting the weakness, but it's a BIG weakness, and like I said, it would only be used on Control Point maps very earlier, such as granary to secure the middle early on. And even then, you would need some cover to even build.

It's exploting the weakness, but it's still a huge drawback, and is not OP. At all. But "To each his own", as some would say.

I'm not saying this weapon is real I was just pointing out it was OP, but if you guys want to troll about it fine. I wasn't mad until I relooked at this thread and saw you guys miss the entire point of what I was saying and then troll. Saying stupid shit like "Lulz he think this isn't about teamwork." or "everytime a strategy for a weapon is viable there has to be some troll" makes you the dick heads.

I'll admit it was pretty dicky of me to come off like that, but I was just poking fun. So, sorry for coming off that way. Wanna play sometime? My Steam ID is Sgtkilmor.


[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature