Be a Supporter!

Team Fortress 2 Crew

  • 617,306 Views
  • 18,789 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 04:46:20 Reply

At 5/2/10 02:50 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Cry some more, so you got a bronze medal, stop being so fucking butthurt over it.

I think the issue isn't that he's butthurt over having a bronze medal (though I am getting some serious butthurt vibes), the main issue is that people are actively discriminating against those without at least a Silver, or those that don't wear it. I haven't come across any such behaviour in our local servers, so it's all good here :P


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 05:30:10 Reply

At 5/2/10 04:46 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 5/2/10 02:50 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Cry some more, so you got a bronze medal, stop being so fucking butthurt over it.

Did you even read the posts?


I think the issue isn't that he's butthurt over having a bronze medal (though I am getting some serious butthurt vibes), the main issue is that people are actively discriminating against those without at least a Silver, or those that don't wear it. I haven't come across any such behaviour in our local servers, so it's all good here :P

Well, my advice would be to play on some UK-hosted servers, I have never, ever heard anyone agrue, fight or troll anyone else on those servers...
By the way, about HAH: the "group" we were talking about wasn't going to DO anything, it's just to show that some peope are against medal discrimination...

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 06:35:56 Reply

At 5/2/10 05:30 AM, HeavyTank wrote: By the way, about HAH: the "group" we were talking about wasn't going to DO anything, it's just to show that some peope are against medal discrimination...

Actually, some people who took Healers Against Halos seriously would legitimately not heal people if they were wearing the Halo. The creator made it as a bit of a troll effort, but some people actually followed the advice of the group and wouldn't heal halo-wearers.


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 07:04:56 Reply

I wonder if Valve has any game modes in mind to make around the engie update?
Maybe one in which you gotta protect a certain player from being killed, or object destroyed...dunno.
The game modes they have already are pretty cool enough.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 07:47:44 Reply

At 5/2/10 07:04 AM, FurryDemon wrote: I wonder if Valve has any game modes in mind to make around the engie update?
Maybe one in which you gotta protect a certain player from being killed, or object destroyed...dunno.
The game modes they have already are pretty cool enough.

The escort-type missions clearly weren't a massive hit, or they probably would have brought them back from TFC to be honest.

As for destruction-based game modes, it's a possibility I suppose, but the problem is that the map would have to be very well designed - it would be ridiculously easy for a Soldier to just sit somewhere out of range and spam rockets, which makes things a bit difficult to design maps for.

I would like to see a new game mode though.


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 11:11:17 Reply

I'm only getting a bronze medal but it's better than nothing. Anyone who bought the game AFTER the 119th update will get jack shit so I'll take it for granted. If I got my laptop sooner, I probably would have gotten a silver medal but it's nothing to worry about.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 16:05:39 Reply

At 5/2/10 11:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm only getting a bronze medal but it's better than nothing.

Yeah, this tells the utter truth. Including hatless hats and other things people consider eyesores. YOU GOT PRECIOUS PIXELS. NOW STOP WHINING.


BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature
RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 16:07:12 Reply

At 5/2/10 04:05 PM, RandomExploit wrote:

:YOU GOT PRECIOUS PIXELS. NOW STOP WHINING.

Also, sorry, it looks like I'm directing this allcaps at you, Bahamut. I'm aiming this at every single butthurt kiddo who got a bronze.

I suck cock at posting and I cannot lie

BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature
Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 20:14:21 Reply

I've got a bronze medal and I stated playing on June 2009.

Yesterday I dominated a soldier with a gold medal as a scout.

Moral of the story: Medals don't mean shit.


We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 20:48:15 Reply

Not really, but it means I'm cooler than you.

Oh yeah.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 21:37:50 Reply

At 5/2/10 08:14 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Moral of the story: Medals don't mean shit.

Exactly. So there's no need to get all worked up over them. It's like the halo's. I accepted the fact that I used that idle program, so I didn't get a halo. So what. Same thing as why I didn't get a gold medal. I never picked up TF2 until months after its release.

The only person you should be pissed at is yourself for not buying it earlier if you wanted a little gold square stuck on your character.

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 22:16:53 Reply

We still talking about medals? Medals are sooooo last update.


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
pYROkINDoFgUY
pYROkINDoFgUY
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 23:18:29 Reply

Anyone else get all 3 medals? I was very confused by this.


My grass went emo, so now I don't have to cut it anymore.
Anyone up for some Team Fortress 2??
Sig pic stolen from this person.

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-02 23:45:59 Reply

At 5/2/10 11:18 PM, pYROkINDoFgUY wrote: Anyone else get all 3 medals? I was very confused by this.

Lol. Epic glitch much?


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 01:48:49 Reply

At 5/2/10 11:18 PM, pYROkINDoFgUY wrote: Anyone else get all 3 medals? I was very confused by this.

Quick! Craft them all into a super weapon!!!!

!!!!

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 07:37:52 Reply

So, what's everyone's take on the Crit-a-Cola? Personally, I've just been finding it a little too hard to use - you might be luck and manage to get a few assists out of it, but most of the time I just find myself being raped pretty easily with it.

Of course, it could also be that since I've been way out of practice with Scout, I've just gotten shit :P


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 07:50:31 Reply

At 5/2/10 09:37 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 5/2/10 08:14 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Moral of the story: Medals don't mean shit.
Exactly. So there's no need to get all worked up over them. It's like the halo's. I accepted the fact that I used that idle program, so I didn't get a halo. So what. Same thing as why I didn't get a gold medal. I never picked up TF2 until months after its release.

The only person you should be pissed at is yourself for not buying it earlier if you wanted a little gold square stuck on your character.

There is no need to tell that to us, but to whoever has anything against players without a certain medal...it's pretty obvious that the only thing that matters is skill (AKA playtime), and not when you bought the game...

Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 10:26:28 Reply

At 5/3/10 07:50 AM, HeavyTank wrote: There is no need to tell that to us, but to whoever has anything against players without a certain medal...it's pretty obvious that the only thing that matters is skill (AKA playtime), and not when you bought the game...

Playtime != Skill. I'm a Prime example of this. I have been playing constantly for several years, yet I am still crap.

Lucky, sure, but not that skillful.


This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 10:41:31 Reply

Sniper + Razorback + Halo/Gibus + Mercenary + Skill = Epic trole


In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 10:43:55 Reply

At 5/2/10 04:05 PM, RandomExploit wrote:
At 5/2/10 11:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm only getting a bronze medal but it's better than nothing.
Yeah, this tells the utter truth. Including hatless hats and other things people consider eyesores. YOU GOT PRECIOUS PIXELS. NOW STOP WHINING.

Wait, the hatless hats are less pixels than the original headgears.

At 5/2/10 11:18 PM, pYROkINDoFgUY wrote: Anyone else get all 3 medals? I was very confused by this.

lol lucky you. It's been quite a week for epic glitches in TF2.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 12:48:26 Reply

At 5/3/10 10:41 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Sniper + Razorback + Halo/Gibus + Mercenary + Skill = Epic trole

You forgot bodyshots + taunt after every kill to that equation.


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 14:08:03 Reply

At 5/3/10 12:48 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 5/3/10 10:41 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Sniper + Razorback + Halo/Gibus + Mercenary + Skill = Epic trole
You forgot bodyshots + taunt after every kill to that equation.

Indeed.


In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 15:38:07 Reply

At 5/3/10 10:26 AM, Sweeper128 wrote: Playtime != Skill. I'm a Prime example of this. I have been playing constantly for several years, yet I am still crap.

Well..most of the time, people get better the longer they play :P
Also, Racconmario, true dat.

Simple
Simple
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 17:20:38 Reply

This and the next page basically summarise my feelings on the latest fucked up update. Bringing balance to a balanced game? Fuck you Valve.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 17:58:25 Reply

At 5/3/10 05:20 PM, Simple wrote: This and the next page basically summarise my feelings on the latest fucked up update. Bringing balance to a balanced game? Fuck you Valve.

Yeah, I have to agree with you (although Heavy buff was needed)....that Pyro thing was really not necessary..

visiblecrumpet
visiblecrumpet
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 19:09:50 Reply

At 5/3/10 05:58 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 5/3/10 05:20 PM, Simple wrote: This and the next page basically summarise my feelings on the latest fucked up update. Bringing balance to a balanced game? Fuck you Valve.
Yeah, I have to agree with you (although Heavy buff was needed)....that Pyro thing was really not necessary..

Without this update the back burner would be dead. The update did two things. It made the flamethrower more about strategy of airblasting, and it made the back burner less of a noob's weapon and more of a weapon for someone who believes the pyro's job is not about puffing people into the air. Personally I disagree, but I won't argue with those who do believe that.

Also people will come to appreciate the flaregun as well.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 19:14:17 Reply

At 5/3/10 07:09 PM, visiblecrumpet wrote: Without this update the back burner would be dead. The update did two things. It made the flamethrower more about strategy of airblasting, and it made the back burner less of a noob's weapon and more of a weapon for someone who believes the pyro's job is not about puffing people into the air. Personally I disagree, but I won't argue with those who do believe that.

Some good points some good people made:
"My problem is not so much with the nerf itself, but with the ideas behind it. To those who are commenting on airblast, NO. His name is not Aero, it's Pyro, therefore, even though airblast is a very useful tool, setting people on fire should still be a viable option. "

"I sometimes wonder about the basic intelligence of people anymore. Airblast being the be-all and end-all ability is...actually utterly irrelevant.
Back to basics here, folks. What's the class named? PYRO. What's a pyro's defining function? Killing it with *fire*. *This* is why people complain."


Also people will come to appreciate the flaregun as well.

People started appreciating it back when VALVe put the "mini-crit on flaming enemy" option, which was a smart move...if anything else, this update will make some pyros use their shotgun as a primary weapon...

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 19:33:52 Reply

I agree with visiblecrumpet, since the update was less about buffing/nerfing the Pyro, but making it so that the Backburner is actually a viable sidegrade to the flamethrower. If you really want that extra power, use the Backburner, since that's what its intention was. People are just stuck in the mindset that the Backburner is a noob weapon, and won't deign to use it, but will instead just complain about the flamethrower's lack of power.


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 19:47:48 Reply

At 5/3/10 07:14 PM, HeavyTank wrote:

Some good points some good people made:
"My problem is not so much with the nerf itself, but with the ideas behind it. To those who are commenting on airblast, NO. His name is not Aero, it's Pyro, therefore, even though airblast is a very useful tool, setting people on fire should still be a viable option. "

"I sometimes wonder about the basic intelligence of people anymore. Airblast being the be-all and end-all ability is...actually utterly irrelevant.
Back to basics here, folks. What's the class named? PYRO. What's a pyro's defining function? Killing it with *fire*. *This* is why people complain."

I'm just gonna put this out there, the regular flamer can still kill people with ease, you just have to use the shotty more. He still kills people with fire, they just made the airblast a more viable strat, while making the backburner more viable as well.
I personally approve of the Pyro changes.


[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-05-03 20:02:44 Reply

At 5/3/10 07:47 PM, ironraven24 wrote: I'm just gonna put this out there, the regular flamer can still kill people with ease, you just have to use the shotty more. He still kills people with fire, they just made the airblast a more viable strat, while making the backburner more viable as well.

That's not a valid argument...if they nerfed the nade damage by 50%, you can say that "you just need twice as many, but you can still kill them"...

I personally approve of the Pyro changes.

I bet most of the people that apporve of the Pyro changes are either Spy players, or just player who don't play Pyro a lot..

At 5/3/10 07:33 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: I agree with visiblecrumpet, since the update was less about buffing/nerfing the Pyro, but making it so that the Backburner is actually a viable sidegrade to the flamethrower. If you really want that extra power, use the Backburner, since that's what its intention was. People are just stuck in the mindset that the Backburner is a noob weapon, and won't deign to use it, but will instead just complain about the flamethrower's lack of power.

The Backburner's primary difference was that it was more of a "sneaky" weapon...nobody should use the BB just because it has more frontal damage than the flamer...
In a few words, now flamer has become "heavy airblast users-only" and BB the "standard weapon".
I mean, now most players will think "Hmm, I rarely use the airblast anyway, let's switch to the backburner"..the thing that will make this update misfire (GET IT?) is that now the flamer will be the "pre-update backburner", which means that only a few players will actually use it..