New Topic Respond to this Topic
mrty
mrty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-12 15:05:21 Reply

Last week when I was walking around in a store with my dad, I came across a butterfly knife. When I was playing as a Spy, I always wondered what balisongs look like in real life. So I picked up one, tried flipping it once or twice, not bad. When I tried locking it again, it wouldn't lock. Then my dad came over to me and asked "what I was looking at". I did know that it wasn't a question. Him and my mom have always been against me liking weapons and guns, and I believe they're right. Embarrassed, I quickly put down the knife and pretended to be looking at something else. We didn't have a problem after that, but it was still embarrassing. I think I'll never touch a knife again.

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King

Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-12 15:31:55 Reply

At 4/10/10 12:25 AM, visiblecrumpet wrote:
Stuff

Thanks for that! I have a homewrecker

Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-12 15:33:31 Reply

At 4/10/10 12:25 AM, visiblecrumpet wrote:
Stuff

Thanks for that! I have a homewrecker which I'll probably de-equip for my fire axe (still don't have an axetinguisher...) The pain train sounds kinda cool, but not as good as the equalizer. I may equip it on to a demoman though.

Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-12 15:46:17 Reply

Thanks to the two douchebags on the nomx3 bacon server for causing my self-hatred to boil when they double teamed me with no sportmanship at all. You've put me off the game.

Thanks very much.

Fuck off. Probably think I raged-quit there, but it was me bashing my head in with the keyboard. Hope your feeling so lulzy! I'm not!

/rant

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-12 18:28:21 Reply

At 4/12/10 03:05 PM, mrty wrote:

Him and my mom have always been against me liking weapons and guns, and I believe they're right. Embarrassed, I quickly put down the knife and pretended to be looking at something else. We didn't have a problem after that, but it was still embarrassing. I think I'll never touch a knife again.

How can you believe that they're right if they believe that something you like is not right?
Most boys/teens in the world like weapons, but this doesn't mean that they'll turn into mass murderers...
Also, I think that you'll touch a knife again, even if you don't want to (military service ;)...

RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-12 19:30:31 Reply

At 4/12/10 03:05 PM, mrty wrote: adjkashdkjasda butterfly knife ajskdhasjdkashjdk balisong asldkahsld embarrassment

You lucky cunt, here in Canadurp, balisongs are illegal.

BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-12 20:13:35 Reply

At 4/12/10 07:30 PM, RandomExploit wrote: You lucky cunt, here in Canadurp, balisongs are illegal.

So hunting rifles are legal, but butterfly knives, NOOOOO!
That makes so much sense.

RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-12 20:37:49 Reply

At 4/12/10 08:13 PM, HeavyTank wrote: So hunting rifles are legal, but butterfly knives, NOOOOO!
That makes so much sense.

When you think a little about it, it sorta does. Knives are easy to conceal unlike a rifle. A balisong can be very quickly deployed from its concealed spot unlike a rifle. Plus, rifles are as loud, maybe even louder than someone screaming about a knife through their gut. This utterly ruins any hope for a successfully low-profile mugging.

However, if you throw two people into a large circular arena to pit a fight to the death, the person with the balisong's going to be total game to the other person with the rifle.

BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-13 02:34:58 Reply

At 4/12/10 03:05 PM, mrty wrote: Last week when I was walking around in a store with my dad, I came across a butterfly knife. When I was playing as a Spy, I always wondered what balisongs look like in real life. So I picked up one, tried flipping it once or twice, not bad. When I tried locking it again, it wouldn't lock. Then my dad came over to me and asked "what I was looking at". I did know that it wasn't a question. Him and my mom have always been against me liking weapons and guns, and I believe they're right. Embarrassed, I quickly put down the knife and pretended to be looking at something else. We didn't have a problem after that, but it was still embarrassing. I think I'll never touch a knife again.

Most teenagers find weapons cool anyway...I'm not particularly fascinated in them though, in the end mots of them are just made for harming others.

Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-13 03:31:51 Reply

At 4/13/10 02:34 AM, FurryDemon wrote: Most teenagers find weapons cool anyway...I'm not particularly fascinated in them though, in the end mots of them are just made for harming others.

If I was ever forced to use a weapon it would just be for self defence. Even then, I still probably wouldn't have the heart to strike someone with it. I'd never use a weapon to hurt someone on purpose though. If they've pissed me off THAT much, I'd rather use my hands.

Even then, I'm one huge pacifist.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-13 08:08:52 Reply

At 4/13/10 03:31 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: If I was ever forced to use a weapon it would just be for self defence. Even then, I still probably wouldn't have the heart to strike someone with it. I'd never use a weapon to hurt someone on purpose though. If they've pissed me off THAT much, I'd rather use my hands.

Meh, when I said "liked weapons" I obviously didn't mean "like using them against people", but just that they like to watch them, and of course to try them out in games.
No person in their right mind would use a weapon if not for self-defense..l mean come on, most people think that axes are cool, but I don't think that they would actually like to try them on someone :D
About hunting rifles and knives: I see your point.

Even then, I'm one huge pacifist.

Well, you can like weapons and still be a pacifist...yes, it's true.
You can like war when it comes to equpiment, history and tactics, but be totally against it in reality.

mrty
mrty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-13 09:38:04 Reply

At 4/12/10 06:28 PM, HeavyTank wrote: How can you believe that they're right if they believe that something you like is not right?
Most boys/teens in the world like weapons, but this doesn't mean that they'll turn into mass murderers...

It's NOT something that I like. I've always been kind of interested in firearms and weapons, but I always, always hated myself for doing so. It's just not right. I decided that if I really like how balisongs work, I'll just buy myself a balisong can opener or a balisong pen, I've seen those kind of stuff. After all, the only thing I like about it is that it's fun flipping it.

At 4/13/10 03:31 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: If I was ever forced to use a weapon it would just be for self defence. Even then, I still probably wouldn't have the heart to strike someone with it. I'd never use a weapon to hurt someone on purpose though. If they've pissed me off THAT much, I'd rather use my hands.

Me too, I'm not man enough to take a life.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-13 17:17:46 Reply

At 4/13/10 09:38 AM, mrty wrote: It's NOT something that I like. I've always been kind of interested in firearms and weapons, but I always, always hated myself for doing so. It's just not right.

I don't see how it isn't.It's how the male organism is supposed to work..they're more inclined towards (liking) violence than women, no matter how you see it, it's true, you just have to look around you...I could write an essay about this, but this really isn't the place...

For fuck's sake, you can't be "man" enough when you're so young!I would tell you to man up, but that would be hypocritical (joking).
Seriously though, you're overreacting.

visiblecrumpet
visiblecrumpet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-13 20:58:45 Reply

At 4/13/10 09:38 AM, mrty wrote:
At 4/12/10 06:28 PM, HeavyTank wrote: How can you believe that they're right if they believe that something you like is not right?
It's NOT something that I like. I've always been kind of interested in firearms and weapons, but I always, always hated myself for doing so. It's just not right. I decided that if I really like how balisongs work, I'll just buy myself a balisong can opener or a balisong pen, I've seen those kind of stuff. After all, the only thing I like about it is that it's fun flipping it.

I think part of the fun of those knives is playing with danger. Flashing moves with something that could hurt you is a lot cooler than flashing moves with something to open your friends tuna can. Just saying.

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-13 21:08:24 Reply

Weapons.

They're not made for killing people. They're used for hunting/target shooting/whatever.

You need a firearms license and a certain category to fire/own each class of weapon ,and your license must state what reason you're owning a gun for.

All firearms are registered, even if you buy it blackmarket and they've removed the serial, it's still easy to trace back to.

Handguns, it's illegal pretty much everywhere (I think) to have one at home. You must keep it locked up at a target range/locked up elsewhere except your own home, so there's no use in being all 'OH YEAH CHEK MAI GUN BRAH".

Same goes for rifles, the gun has to be locked up in one safe, unloaded, and the ammo locked up in a separate compartment/safe, or else left at the range.

I know some knives you need some special permit to hold, and even then if you're caught walking down the street with them you're fucked.

Switchblades are illegal everywhere...I think.

If you own any of the above for the sole reason of harming someone you're a fucking idiot.

I have my firearms license, oh, and I have no idea if any of this is on-topic or not, but fuck you

So, TF2, I was owning as Soldier lastnight. Was fun.

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-14 08:22:42 Reply

At 4/13/10 10:22 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Quite awesome story.

Indeed, I went through the story and it was really good. Got some great humour value as well.

I really wished the Pyro wasn't a Spy.
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-14 10:40:01 Reply

Lol really awesome story. Although the Heavy should be wearing officer's ushanka:P

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-14 10:53:40 Reply

At 4/14/10 08:22 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Indeed, I went through the story and it was really good. Got some great humour value as well.

I really wished the Pyro wasn't a Spy.

Yeah, was brilliant. Though the random trains falling on the Heavy were a bit odd.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
mrty
mrty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-14 15:47:12 Reply

At 4/13/10 05:17 PM, HeavyTank wrote: I don't see how it isn't.It's how the male organism is supposed to work..they're more inclined towards (liking) violence than women, no matter how you see it, it's true, you just have to look around you...I could write an essay about this, but this really isn't the place...

That's an interesting point. I'm personally not inclined towards violence though. At all.

For fuck's sake, you can't be "man" enough when you're so young!I would tell you to man up, but that would be hypocritical (joking).

Well, how could Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were man enough then? I guess I don't have to remind you that most of the school shootings are committed by teenagers. This shows us that any person at any age can be man enough to take a life. But I'm not.

Bravery isn't the only need in taking a life though. Unless you're doing it in self defense, you have to be ignorant. You have to be unaware of human rights, and laws. If you also look around you, you'll see that most educated people carry guns only for self defense, or as a hobby.

By the way, I don't like it when the word "fuck" comes into a friendly discussion. If we were close friends it would be understandable and even fun, but we're not. I don't care if you don't show respect to my principles or social views, because I have no need in making you to.

Seriously though, you're overreacting.

Overreacting to what, exactly? All I did was to share an experience of mine in hopes of starting a friendly discussion. But I'm having a feeling that it's turning into a bitter one. In this case I can only end my post with the words "Deja vu".

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-14 16:36:34 Reply

At 4/14/10 03:47 PM, mrty wrote: That's an interesting point. I'm personally not inclined towards violence though. At all.

Playing violent games and liking weapons does not mean being inclined towards violence (if by "violence" you mean "violent behaviour")

Well, how could Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were man enough then? I guess I don't have to remind you that most of the school shootings are committed by teenagers. This shows us that any person at any age can be man enough to take a life. But I'm not.

These people are FUCKING CRAZY, they're not "any person"..I hope you realise that...if your mind doesn't work correctly, being man enough is the last thing you should worry about...

Bravery isn't the only need in taking a life though. Unless you're doing it in self defense, you have to be ignorant. You have to be unaware of human rights, and laws. If you also look around you, you'll see that most educated people carry guns only for self defense, or as a hobby.

Durp durp durp.

By the way, I don't like it when the word "fuck" comes into a friendly discussion. If we were close friends it would be understandable and even fun, but we're not. I don't care if you don't show respect to my principles or social views, because I have no need in making you to.

Oh listen, don't go all moral on me, OK?As long as I don't "hurl" that word at someone (AKA "fuck you", "go fuck yourself" etc.), I have the right to use it without being attacked, so gimme a break.In case you didn't notice, we're on the internet, and swearing has nothing to do with being friends.

Overreacting to what, exactly? All I did was to share an experience of mine in hopes of starting a friendly discussion. But I'm having a feeling that it's turning into a bitter one. In this case I can only end my post with the words "Deja vu".

Yeah, with that attitude of yours, it doesn't surprise me.

By the way, forting fantasy was pure genius.

Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-14 23:19:29 Reply

Last time I checked, this was the TF2 crew, not the weapon debating politics crew. Enough with that crap, let's keep it on topic.

I played through that Heavy interactive story. Fucking awesome, but the Narrated version is a hella lot better.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-15 04:13:20 Reply

You can never be man enough to take a life. Just fucking stupid, or over-emotional, or like...possessed by Satan.

Full report by Paradox of our epic med-chaining coming soon!

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-15 04:15:12 Reply

This afternoon SpeedMetalSandwich and I had the most epic game of 2fort. We were Medic chaining and actually managed to pull it off rather decently. At the end of the round we were both on 80 points apiece.

This screenie is from the round afterwards, when SMS had already left and I'd died a couple extra times before thinking to get a screenshot.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-15 05:56:01 Reply

At 4/15/10 04:15 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: This afternoon SpeedMetalSandwich and I had the most epic game of 2fort. We were Medic chaining and actually managed to pull it off rather decently. At the end of the round we were both on 80 points apiece.
This screenie is from the round afterwards, when SMS had already left and I'd died a couple extra times before thinking to get a screenshot.

It's true, we both won insanely hard, topping the scoreboard and everything. Was very epic.

And in a game beforehand we managed at least 4 revolutions of ubers in one life.

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-15 07:01:51 Reply

At 4/15/10 05:56 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: It's true, we both won insanely hard, topping the scoreboard and everything. Was very epic.

And in a game beforehand we managed at least 4 revolutions of ubers in one life.

Lol, t'was so good. We made the other team rage so hard.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-15 07:47:28 Reply

At 4/14/10 10:53 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Yeah, was brilliant. Though the random trains falling on the Heavy were a bit odd.

I actually thought that was hilarious.

At 4/14/10 11:19 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: I played through that Heavy interactive story. Fucking awesome, but the Narrated version is a hella lot better.

I preferred the narration in text since it allowed me to read the dialogue in my head rather than hearing two people talking over it.

mrty
mrty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-15 09:35:37 Reply

At 4/14/10 11:19 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Last time I checked, this was the TF2 crew, not the weapon debating politics crew. Enough with that crap, let's keep it on topic.

Oh I'm sorry but I can't just stay silent this time.

At 4/14/10 04:36 PM, HeavyTank wrote:

if your mind doesn't work correctly, being man enough is the last thing you should worry about...

It was an opinion, how could you connect it to my mind? Realize that while they are "FUCKING CRAZY" in your definition, they're still people.

Really, what's wrong with my attitude? All I truly tried to do in my last post was to try to stop an argument from heating up. Would you ask yourself why I would try to do such thing? Because I liked you. I liked discussing things about TF2 with you and we had a good connection. Therefore, I didn't like the idea of getting in this pointless fight with you. Notice that I used past tense there. Because I can't stand you anymore. I can't stand the trigger happy 2-inch temper of yours, I can't stand the way your think, and most of all, I can't stand how you never swallow your pride and always, always think that you are the one who's right!

TL;DR (I know you didn't): You are causing me extreme discomfort and I want you to stay the hell away from me.

Oh and, whatever you may say to me from now on, I'll ignore it. Because I can't care less what you think of me, especially on my birthday. Keep calling me names.

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-15 11:30:53 Reply

At 4/15/10 07:47 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/14/10 10:53 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Yeah, was brilliant. Though the random trains falling on the Heavy were a bit odd.
I actually thought that was hilarious.

Yeah, it was funny the first time, but I managed to get squashed by trains twice... might have been better if he'd mixed it up a bit.

At 4/15/10 09:35 AM, mrty wrote: Oh I'm sorry but I can't just stay silent this time.

Move it to PM then. We don't want to get this thread locked because you two keep arguing.

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-04-15 13:10:09 Reply

At 4/15/10 09:35 AM, mrty wrote:

At 4/14/10 04:36 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
if your mind doesn't work correctly, being man enough is the last thing you should worry about...

It was an opinion, how could you connect it to my mind? Realize that while they are "FUCKING CRAZY" in your definition, they're still people.

Really, what's wrong with my attitude? All I truly tried to do in my last post was to try to stop an argument from heating up. Would you ask yourself why I would try to do such thing? Because I liked you. I liked discussing things about TF2 with you and we had a good connection. Therefore, I didn't like the idea of getting in this pointless fight with you. Notice that I used past tense there. Because I can't stand you anymore. I can't stand the trigger happy 2-inch temper of yours, I can't stand the way your think, and most of all, I can't stand how you never swallow your pride and always, always think that you are the one who's right!

Lol no offense but the reaction of anyone being offended is lol.

TL;DR (I know you didn't): You are causing me extreme discomfort and I want you to stay the hell away from me.

lol, actually it surprises me that from tf2 we were going to gun wielding then being man and then...this. You should better continue your fighting via PMs because I know(trust me I know) that this fighting will never end until someone gives up.

And to finish this and somehow mix being offenidng with tf2, today I was spy on 2 forst and I was practicing the tactic when someone is close to you jump-crouch above him and backstab him. And I managed to do it 5-6 times and when I did it in the sewer, a spy(friendly) seeing me started yelling at his mic OMFG YOU MASTUR SPAH DAT WAS FAKKING AWSUM TEACH ME HOW whilst my victim wrote in chat this thing I will never forget:p (you are so fucking sh^t hillarious that you get it from *&^^% and I f&^( every &**(& ....

See how people just get offended because they are attacked and loose?
lol!