Be a Supporter!

Team Fortress 2 Crew

  • 560,912 Views
  • 18,678 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 07:37 AM Reply

At 3/19/10 06:45 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Aaaah, I get it, you can now get new models for old weapons...

No, it's a new weapon. The one in linkinpatt's image is called The Pain Train, and it's a new melee weapon for the Soldier and Demoman - it ups your cap rate to that of a scout, and but means you take 10% more bullet damage.

There's also a sledgehammer called The Homewrecker for the Pyro, which does -25% damage on people, but +100% damage against buildings.

Finally, there's a new chocolate bar for the Heavy, which replaces the Sandvich. It gives the Heavy an extra 50 max health for 30 seconds. If that buff is overhealed, we're gonna be seeing 525 health Heavies around, which will be painful to say the least.

Also, there's a whole host of pimpin' new hats.

All the items are in the link ironraven24 posted if you want a closer look.


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 07:52 AM Reply

At 3/19/10 06:45 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 3/18/10 07:55 PM, linkinpatt wrote: I shit you not. I don't even have a unique hat yet and I found this within minutes of the update.
Aaaah, I get it, you can now get new models for old weapons...well, that's strange because the TF2 team never mentioned that...anyway, it's definitely a pleasant surprise.

Incorrect. Weapons have different buffs and nerfs.
The Pain Train, the funky looking pickaxe there, can allow 2x capture rate for the soli or demo, like a Scout, but +10% to bullets.


This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 09:24 AM Reply

I am really happy to see new stuff in tf2. I will probably get them with this strange item finiding luck I have(yesterday I died and found an ambassador, a direct hit, a scottish resistance, and eylander and an equaliser). In my opinion, that soldier and demo pickaxe is not good at all(10% dam more is alot more should decrease).

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 09:48 AM Reply

At 3/19/10 07:37 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: No, it's a new weapon. The one in linkinpatt's image is called The Pain Train, and it's a new melee weapon for the Soldier and Demoman - it ups your cap rate to that of a scout, and but means you take 10% more bullet damage.

There's also a sledgehammer called The Homewrecker for the Pyro, which does -25% damage on people, but +100% damage against buildings.

Finally, there's a new chocolate bar for the Heavy, which replaces the Sandvich. It gives the Heavy an extra 50 max health for 30 seconds. If that buff is overhealed, we're gonna be seeing 525 health Heavies around, which will be painful to say the least.

Also, there's a whole host of pimpin' new hats.

All the items are in the link ironraven24 posted if you want a closer look.

You can't be fucking serious....this is...this is bullshit.
New weapons with buffs and nerfs?This is SUCH bullshit.
Remember back when the item system was announced that everybody was weirded out because they thought that the new items were going to alter stats and the game was going to be "MMO-ish"?
Why the hell did they do it now?Items, hats and props are fine, but this can really mess up the game :(

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 10:04 AM Reply

Will trade any hat in my possesion for demos pimp hat.


In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 10:12 AM Reply

At 3/19/10 10:04 AM, Racoonmario wrote: Will trade any hat in my possesion for demos pimp hat.

I would love to see a vid of the Demo pimpwalking (crouch with bottle and walk backwards while looking up) with that hat.

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 11:38 AM Reply

Good to hear they implemented some of the community's item ideas. I'm liking Heavy's Hound Dog and Pyro's brain slug. As for the new items, good stuff. It's a shame the Dalokoh's Bar can't be dropped so I've got some crafting to do. My main gripe with introducing these items now is the fact that Valve still haven't come up with a solution to encourage less idling. Now people will be idling even more for the sake of the new items and it's hard to blame them. Maybe there's something for the next major update.


[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 3/19/10 11:38 AM, Bahamut wrote: Good to hear they implemented some of the community's item ideas. I'm liking Heavy's Hound Dog and Pyro's brain slug. As for the new items, good stuff. It's a shame the Dalokoh's Bar can't be dropped so I've got some crafting to do. My main gripe with introducing these items now is the fact that Valve still haven't come up with a solution to encourage less idling. Now people will be idling even more for the sake of the new items and it's hard to blame them. Maybe there's something for the next major update.

It will be a hard choice: rarer items=more idling
more common items=backpack flooding
My idea would be to get everything at least once before getting anything else, and completely remove crafting.

mrty
mrty
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 02:57 PM Reply

It's not that I'm complaining, but I'm getting a feeling that Valve likes red better. All class images that appear in the loading screens (next to tips) are from the RED team. The ones in the background image of the loading screen are from RED team. All "Meet the Team" videos except "Meet the Spy" have RED team members as protagonists.

As for the new items, I'd love to get Medic's mask. And although I don't play as Soldier, I'd like getting Killer's Kabuto because it reminds me of Shao Kahn's (Mortal Kombat) helmet.


"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King

linkinpatt
linkinpatt
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 05:56 PM Reply

Is it true that Dalokah's Bar now prevents Heavy's from being killed by fully charged headshots?

Also, it's funny, the new weapons do not even have kill icons yet. It just has the symbol for suicide.


I'll keep it short and sweet - Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.
[Sig by ParadoxVoid]

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 06:21 PM Reply

At 3/19/10 05:56 PM, linkinpatt wrote: Also, it's funny, the new weapons do not even have kill icons yet. It just has the symbol for suicide.

I'm mostly disappointed at the same taunt used for Pyro's Homewrecker. You'd think they'd make a new taunt animation for it but it's the same air guitar taunt and I don't see the hammer as something to air guitar with. :P However, I DID get that particular weapon today. Now to get the other two items along with Gunboats which I have yet to obtain.


[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 3/19/10 05:56 PM, linkinpatt wrote: Is it true that Dalokah's Bar now prevents Heavy's from being killed by fully charged headshots?

If we take into account the buff+medic overheal-full headshot damage...yes, in theory at least.He should also be able to withstand a hadouken, since it deals 450 damage "on paper"..dunno if they changed it though.


Also, it's funny, the new weapons do not even have kill icons yet. It just has the symbol for suicide.

Yeah...why didn't they smooth things up before releasing them?
Got loads of lag today, and, as usual, NOT ONE FUCKING ITEM.Not the most common, despicable piece of shit.
Nothing.
It's like VALVe has banned my account from getting items.
By the way, I saw a demo wielding the pain train...was it a bug, or you can equip it as a demo too?

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 3/19/10 06:37 PM, HeavyTank wrote: By the way, I saw a demo wielding the pain train...was it a bug, or you can equip it as a demo too?

Nope, the Pain Train can be equipped to BOTH Demo and Soldier.


[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 3/19/10 06:39 PM, Bahamut wrote: Nope, the Pain Train can be equipped to BOTH Demo and Soldier.

Interesting...and which weapon do you have to sacrifice to get it?
The sword?
What kind of self-respecting Demo would swap his sword/sticky launcher for an increased cap rate?

RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 07:58 PM Reply

At 3/19/10 07:22 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Interesting...and which weapon do you have to sacrifice to get it?
The sword?
What kind of self-respecting Demo would swap his sword/sticky launcher for an increased cap rate?

Fuck the sword, (I'm not saying you should definately change, it's just my personal preference.) it can only crit while at the close end of a charge. I'd prefer the 15% luck chance of the bottle over the sword any day. As for the cap rate increase, it's a fairly considerable advantage in CP maps where the points are high up. 10% bullet damage received is pretty small, so it's capable if you know what you're doing.

But switching the sticky launcher for the pain train? Who the fuck would?!


BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature
Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 08:30 PM Reply

At 3/18/10 07:55 PM, linkinpatt wrote: I shit you not. I don't even have a unique hat yet and I found this within minutes of the update.

I got that too. I had no fucking idea what was going on.


We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 19th, 2010 @ 08:45 PM Reply

At 3/19/10 09:48 AM, HeavyTank wrote: You can't be fucking serious....this is...this is bullshit.
New weapons with buffs and nerfs?This is SUCH bullshit.

Cry some moar.

At 3/19/10 05:56 PM, linkinpatt wrote: Is it true that Dalokah's Bar now prevents Heavy's from being killed by fully charged headshots?

I think so, considering a full-charged headshot does 450 damage, and an overhealed dalokohs bar Heavy peaks at a massive 525 health.

Also, it's funny, the new weapons do not even have kill icons yet. It just has the symbol for suicide.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Had no idea what the fuck was going on.


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 02:51 AM Reply

I honestly don't like the soldier and demo's new weapon. The scout was the only one who was able to cap twice as fast, but now the soldier and demo, who are both obviously stronger than the scout, can now simple replace him. The Soldier and Demo are just becoming a bit too overpowered.


We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 03:59 AM Reply

At 3/20/10 02:51 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: I honestly don't like the soldier and demo's new weapon. The scout was the only one who was able to cap twice as fast, but now the soldier and demo, who are both obviously stronger than the scout, can now simple replace him. The Soldier and Demo are just becoming a bit too overpowered.

It is a little bit annoying, plus scouts stunball has been screwed with a little bit too much for me to like (although that could have been to do with the new updates and stuff)

I'd take the equalizer over the capping thing anyday though

SapphireLight
SapphireLight
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 04:09 AM Reply

Welp, sounds like TF2 is ruined now. awesome -_-


BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 04:21 AM Reply

At 3/20/10 02:51 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: I honestly don't like the soldier and demo's new weapon. The scout was the only one who was able to cap twice as fast, but now the soldier and demo, who are both obviously stronger than the scout, can now simple replace him. The Soldier and Demo are just becoming a bit too overpowered.

Yeah, I really don't know what they were thinking when they assigned those new weapons to those classes. The Homewrecker is one of the most useless weapons ever, possibly even moreso than Bonk, since the flamethrower is probably a more effective means of destroying buildings, and chances are it will kill the Engi behind them too.

As for the Pain Train, I agree that the soldier and demo are starting to be a little overpowered, thought the soldier moreso. With Gunboats + Pain Train, the solly can just rocketjump across the map on 5cp maps, and just blast through easily.

In other news, Camera Beards count as headgear again, and seeing as I had 3, I crafter my 2 spares into something a little more distinguished.

Team Fortress 2 Crew


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 05:27 AM Reply

I like the idea of adding new weapons but not useless weapons.

So what do you guys think of the chocolate bar? I just got it a few minutes ago and it's actually really powerful in some situations

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 05:39 AM Reply

At 3/20/10 05:27 AM, FurryDemon wrote: So what do you guys think of the chocolate bar? I just got it a few minutes ago and it's actually really powerful in some situations

I don't know yet, since I've yet to see anyone use it. Though if you have a Medic, eating it before you jump into a big fight would be pretty awesome, since it's pretty hard to beat a Heavy with 525 health plus a Medic healing him.


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Legionnaire-X
Legionnaire-X
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 11:21 AM Reply

I'm pretty sure the chocolate overheal doesnt stack with the medic overheal.


KILL ALL SONS A BITCHES.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 01:45 PM Reply

At 3/19/10 08:30 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote:
At 3/18/10 07:55 PM, linkinpatt wrote: I shit you not. I don't even have a unique hat yet and I found this within minutes of the update.
I got that too. I had no fucking idea what was going on.

Haha, I had one guy asking me last night if the sledgehammer was a custom skin. I'm surprised at the amount of people who weren't even aware of the latest update.

At 3/20/10 04:21 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: In other news, Camera Beards count as headgear again, and seeing as I had 3, I crafter my 2 spares into something a little more distinguished.

Yep, I crafted my 2 and got myself Demoman's Glengarry Bonnet. Not a class I commonly play but hey, I'll take it for granted. Now I finally have a real hat. Well worth giving up both Camera Beards and I'll probably get another one soon anyway.


[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 3/20/10 11:21 AM, Legionnaire-X wrote: I'm pretty sure the chocolate overheal doesnt stack with the medic overheal.

Yeah, a friend of mine said that someone told him in-game that the bar and the overheal didn't stack...frankly, it makes sense.
And I really hope that they change the effects of these new weapons...right now everyone's using them just to show them off, but I bet that nobody will have them in a few weeks' time...

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 08:15 PM Reply

At 3/20/10 11:21 AM, Legionnaire-X wrote: I'm pretty sure the chocolate overheal doesnt stack with the medic overheal.

Ah, well that's a shame. How does the overheal work now then, is it just the normal 450 + extra 50 from the chocolate, or does it just max out at 450 still?


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 01:14 PM Reply

At 3/20/10 08:15 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Ah, well that's a shame. How does the overheal work now then, is it just the normal 450 + extra 50 from the chocolate, or does it just max out at 450 still?

He just told you man...the fact that it doesn't stack means that you don't get +50 PLUS the overheal bonus, which means that your max HP is still 450 but you have more starting health for the medic to buff.
Which means that the chocolate bar is more useful to the lonely Heavy rather than the "Medic buddy" Heavy.

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 07:44 PM Reply

At 3/21/10 01:14 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Which means that the chocolate bar is more useful to the lonely Heavy rather than the "Medic buddy" Heavy.

Which basically means not useful at all, since a Sandvich is still more useful to a lone heavy.


Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
RandomExploit
RandomExploit
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 08:31 PM Reply

At 3/21/10 07:44 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Which basically means not useful at all, since a Sandvich is still more useful to a lone heavy.

The sandvich only acts as an instantaneous recovery after a battle or in a seclusion or as a quick, semi-reliable 150hp reservoir. The chocolate bar does a similar, less effective task of recovering after battle, but it can also give an extra edge before popping into battle.

I just might favor for the chocolate bar for that little boost.


BLU Wins
UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature