HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 01:26 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 03:51 PM, Psycho-Simple wrote:
At 10/5/08 02:00 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Lots
I have never heard any classes say anything like those ever before.

yeah, me enither...they are "hidden quotes", you have to do something special or be in a special situation to trigger them...ex. the heavy quote: I hear someone building a diaper changing station!
may be triggered when you are near an enemy engineer building his dispenser or something like that..

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 04:33 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 09:13 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: I laughed at this.

Here is the full list of these funny tf2 graphs.

http://kovorka.blogspot.com/

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 08:05 PM Reply

At 10/6/08 04:33 PM, HeavyTank wrote: http://kovorka.blogspot.com/

I found the taunting graph pretty funny, its true.

Moseroth
Moseroth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 09:31 PM Reply

I like the one with the medic healing you reduced by the amount of health you have so true.

Will do moose stuff for money

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 08:26 AM Reply

At 10/6/08 09:31 PM, Moseroth wrote: I like the one with the medic healing you reduced by the amount of health you have so true.

well when l play medic l refuse to heal the random assholes with full health that shout: MEDIC! just for fun..
Wouldn't it be great if the help! command showed up on the screen as an S.O.S bubble (much like the medic one)...because calling for help when nobody know where you are is kinda useless...

Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 11:57 AM Reply

At 10/7/08 08:26 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Wouldn't it be great if the help! command showed up on the screen as an S.O.S bubble (much like the medic one)...because calling for help when nobody know where you are is kinda useless...

Quick, Valve, please put this in the game!

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 10/7/08 11:57 AM, Sweeper128 wrote:
Quick, Valve, please put this in the game!

lol, like they care for what l think :P

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 04:44 PM Reply

I was reading some stuff in Tf2 wiki today and, amongst others, a spy strategy guide...l was wondering, did l ever use all there tactics, teamwork and stuff in the games l play?
In 80% of the games there are just random people going on one man missions....so, what happened to strategies...the answer: clan matches...
Apparently, clan and tournament matches are where all the "serious" stuff happens: no h4x0rs, no n00bs, no spammers, no random people...only experienced players, mostly friends (or enemies, but you sill know them).
So why the fuck do l keep playing on public servers?Well, because l am a member of 10-11 groups but they are very large ones, so they are not "elite-based", or "user friendly".
I finally found a small group that participated is clan matches, but the admin is almost always offline...
So this is my question: where can l find a group of average-good players?
You know, a group with its own server with password, maybe website etc.
I don't mean a super-mega-pro-1337 group, just a high-profile one...
Cos l know a lot of good servers and a lot of good players, but they never come together... (l play in a good server with idiots that don't even know the meaning of the phrase: BEHIND YOU! or in a crap server with some reasonable players)

sirbobsalot2
sirbobsalot2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 04:57 PM Reply

Spacetank wrote:

"OH NOES PUBLIC SERVERS FAIL, OH NOES I CANT JOIN A CLAN MATCH" followed by some things I didn't read.

though I did invite you into MY clan and I'm pretty sure you would want to play instead of me (tournament games are depressing as scout).

(Back from the dead!)
Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 06:39 PM Reply

I find that if i can get along with at least 2 of the people in a public servers i do well as a spy. I sap, then the pyro/medic come and destroy everything. All is sweet.

Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 10/7/08 08:26 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
well when l play medic l refuse to heal the random assholes with full health that shout: MEDIC! just for fun..

They just want a buff...usually.

I was able to nail an engineer and his sentry, with only my shotgun.

First, I blasted his dispenser as he upgraded his sentry to level 3. Then I stood at the corner and shot him to death while he just stared at me. Then, a friendly pyro came along and we shotgunned and flaregunned the ugly sentry to death.

Fun.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 03:35 AM Reply

At 10/7/08 06:52 PM, Kurofelis wrote:
They just want a buff...usually.

Not when l just stopped healing them...but ll hate even more rushing maniacs...they rush even if l don't have an uber ready...so l just leave them die, l won't waste my life for a random asshole...that's why l want to play in clan servers...

First, I blasted his dispenser as he upgraded his sentry to level 3. Then I stood at the corner and shot him to death while he just stared at me. Then, a friendly pyro came along and we shotgunned and flaregunned the ugly sentry to death.

Fun.

loololol

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 04:51 AM Reply

So today i played a pretty crazy round as Scout. Prior to this i was playing as Engi on 2fort, and i managed to win the round by setting up a tele/sentry in their intel room and running back and forth to win the round, then i switched to Scout and i almost beat a few old crappy records with him.

Off to play some more now.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 06:06 AM Reply

At 10/8/08 04:51 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: So today i played a pretty crazy round as Scout. Prior to this i was playing as Engi on 2fort, and i managed to win the round by setting up a tele/sentry in their intel room and running back and forth to win the round, then i switched to Scout and i almost beat a few old crappy records with him.

Off to play some more now.

server?

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 06:09 AM Reply

At 10/7/08 04:57 PM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: HeavyTank wrote:

"OH NOES PUBLIC SERVERS FAIL, OH NOES I CANT JOIN A CLAN MATCH" followed by some things I didn't read.

Well you had to read it because l didn't said the fail, l said that sometimes public servers are not as good as clan because teamwork is reduced to 2 words :activate charge!

though I did invite you into MY clan and I'm pretty sure you would want to play instead of me (tournament games are depressing as scout).

Well go soldier..and if you read the rest, l wrote that l can't find Green Arrow online so l don't know the &^(^&%$^%# server password...

sirbobsalot2
sirbobsalot2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 10/8/08 06:09 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 10/7/08 04:57 PM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: HeavyTank wrote:

Well you had to read it because l didn't said the fail, l said that sometimes public servers are not as good as clan because teamwork is reduced to 2 words :activate charge!

to be honest the teamwork we have is along the lines of "everyone go *here*" or "fall back to *here"
though I guess there is teamwork.

Well go soldier..and if you read the rest, l wrote that l can't find Green Arrow online so l don't know the &^(^&%$^%# server password...

Because he's on later UK time and your on early greece time would be a problem I think, ask someone in the clan for the forums link (I don't know it) and if it has a password then its a training/clan match.

And playing soldier makes me feel like a "n3wb" when I play against the other team D:

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 12:56 PM Reply

At 10/8/08 11:38 AM, sirbobsalot2 wrote:
to be honest the teamwork we have is along the lines of "everyone go *here*" or "fall back to *here"
though I guess there is teamwork.

well yes...in public servers only people with a mic can communticate properly...you can easily kill the spy instead of typing spy, if you know what l mean..

Because he's on later UK time and your on early greece time would be a problem I think, ask someone in the clan for the forums link (I don't know it) and if it has a password then its a training/clan match.

And playing soldier makes me feel like a "n3wb" when I play against the other team D:

well you are online pretty much at the same time as me (at least in the evening)...so why l can NEVER EVER find him l stayed awake till 2 in the moring to talk to him, but NO!mr.g reen arrow is ALWAYS offline...

Well play a class you're good with, provided there is one (bad joke alert)

sirbobsalot2
sirbobsalot2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 04:00 PM Reply

well yes...in public servers only people with a mic can communticate properly...you can easily kill the spy instead of typing spy, if you know what l mean..

The moral of that story is simple, Valve need to give out mic's with TF2!

Forums link (I don't know it) and if it has a password then its a training/clan match.

well you are online pretty much at the same time as me (at least in the evening)...so why l can

And green arrow changed his name AGAIN, but the clan tag is retarded and I can't type it out, remind me later

Well play a class you're good with, provided there is one (bad joke alert)

I didn't get this joke :(

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature
Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 10/8/08 03:35 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
loololol

And I have videographic proof.

For those who want to see it, for some reason.

BBS Signature
Tiki-Dog
Tiki-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 10/8/08 04:32 PM, Kurofelis wrote:
At 10/8/08 03:35 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
loololol
And I have videographic proof.

For those who want to see it, for some reason.

i did it with only a flare gun.

...and a medic

yhf

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 08:52 PM Reply

Mentlegen...

I did it with a sapper and a butterfly knife.

/original.
Tiki-Dog
Tiki-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 01:44 AM Reply

At 10/8/08 08:52 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Mentlegen...

/original.

did you try HERDING THEM ONTO A BOAT?

Team Fortress 2 Crew

yhf

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 10:23 AM Reply

At 10/9/08 01:44 AM, Tiki-Dog wrote:

/original.

AND BEATING THE CRAP OUTTA EVERY SINGLE ONE?

Tiki-Dog
Tiki-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 10/9/08 10:23 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 10/9/08 01:44 AM, Tiki-Dog wrote:

/original.

IS IT NOW A ZOO?

Team Fortress 2 Crew

yhf

sirbobsalot2
sirbobsalot2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 04:03 PM Reply

IS IT NOW A ZOO?

No, it's a pet shop

/duh

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 06:11 PM Reply

Ah, l finally get to play on a clan match..first rules: no crits, 2 or 1 class limist, no pyros, spies or engies..yay..anyway l go heavy-STOP!Don't use Natascha, she doesen't deal enough damage!So l sweitch to Sascha, but she ain't that good vs scouts, so l get my ass raped by 2-3 scouts at a time..they begin shouting-FOLLOW THE TEAM!, so l have to follow the other 5 players wherever they go..
And the stickies...with no aiblast to remove them, they reign supreme in clan matches..
Oh, and you have to download a program-ventrilo-so that you can talk while you're dead (WOOOOW!)
The match did go well individually, but as a team we failed...so they told me that "l need to focus on the team" or "protect my medic better" and other things like that..one guy even got mad at me, but then he apologised...anyway, my first impressions about clan matches are these: they are VERY prejudiced against some classes and weapons, you have to think like a team, there are some very strict rules and you HAVE to use a mic.
This was a fun clan vs clan match, so the defeat was not very important, but l really don't know what will hapen in tournament matches...

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 07:53 PM Reply

At 10/9/08 06:11 PM, HeavyTank wrote: you have to think like a team, there are some very strict rules and you HAVE to use a mic.

Hence the name, TEAM Fortress 2. It shits me when you have people running off doing their own thing. Like spies, all you need is a spy to come in, sap a sentry, then have a pyro/demoman/soldier to come take it all down and you're all good.

Otherwise you basically get nothing done alone, unless you take out a good few heavy/medic teams.

Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 09:47 PM Reply

At 10/9/08 07:53 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 10/9/08 06:11 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
Otherwise you basically get nothing done alone, unless you take out a good few heavy/medic teams.

Just now, I got a few people to work with me.

We were on GravelPit, and, having just finished Sun Tzu's Art of War, knew what I was doing.

I don't have a mic, so I typed. Of course, none of the mic people came on my excursion, but my plan was simple and easy to carry out; capture the weakest point first.

A band of goodhearteds came with me, and we discovered A was the weaker point. About six people including me took down the sentry and capped it.

So the people without mikes seem to pay attention to text.

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 10:56 PM Reply

At 10/9/08 09:47 PM, Kurofelis wrote: So the people without mikes seem to pay attention to text.

I pay attention to both. I have a mic as well which i rarely use though. Also, i just came back from a round which was full of absolute suck. I don't know if they were doing it on purpose, but the fucking medics would be 100% charged, i would run in, next thing i get blown down by a sentry. Then i see the fucking medic still there waiting, running in with a demoman, ubered him (did fuck all mind you), and they both died. It shits me when medics fuck up like that.

My friend has TF2 now so that means epic medic/whatever teams to come, and epic strategies such as building sentry guns in the enemy intel room.

i love doing that.
Aksumka
Aksumka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew Oct. 10th, 2008 @ 01:02 AM Reply

Ignoring all previous posts...

Valve updated our steamID's! Snazzy new layout and everything! And now with a facebook style friend stalker thing!

i'm not vac banned from every game... Stop making me out to be a bad guy Valve...

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||
NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature