New Topic Respond to this Topic
SensiTrip
SensiTrip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Marijuana Detox Jan. 16th, 2008 @ 07:04 PM Reply

I am a (or used to be) a pretty heavy weed smoker, and have a drugs test coming up in about a month.. now I know this isn't enough time for my body to detox itself naturally...

First off, does anyone know of any natural ways to cleanse my system? I'm already choking back cranberry juice but I doubt that wil work on its own.

I've seen loads of detox programs available online..but how am I to know if they work?. I think this is the best looking option, it's on a number of sites that seem to be legit.

does anyone have any experience with any of these programs or anything of the sort?

bucher
bucher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Jan. 16th, 2008 @ 07:12 PM Reply

I heard Niacin works, although I don't know how well.

BBS Signature
chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Marijuana Detox Jan. 16th, 2008 @ 07:19 PM Reply

My friend has used some stuff he bought at a gnc twice and it worked each time. One time he took some of the stuff to clean his system just a few hours before a piss test and he still passed. I have seen that stuff at a gnc so I would guess it works but I'm not sure, I don't know anyone who has used that specific product.

BBS Signature
Rideo
Rideo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Jan. 16th, 2008 @ 09:09 PM Reply

Nothing can really clean you out. Not vinegar, not orange juice, not cranberry juice. THC is not soluble in water. Best thing you can do is try to speed up your metabolism with some excersie. But you'll be clean in a week or two of not smoking.

What can a thoughtful man hope for mankind on Earth, given the experience of the past million years? Nothing

BBS Signature
TheJamoke
TheJamoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Jan. 17th, 2008 @ 03:56 AM Reply

At 1/16/08 07:04 PM, SensiTrip wrote: I am a (or used to be) a pretty heavy weed smoker, and have a drugs test coming up in about a month.. now I know this isn't enough time for my body to detox itself naturally...

Actually it is. A month is the perfect amount of time to detox naturally if you are a heavy (everyday) user. Read up on the subject HERE.

First off, does anyone know of any natural ways to cleanse my system? I'm already choking back cranberry juice but I doubt that wil work on its own.

Cranberry juice is an excellent diuretic, as are coffee, cola and water, and is also very healthy. It can aid greatly in flushing out the bladder and urinary tract of bacteria and toxins, but this effect only lasts for a little while. There is a wonderful product called "Azo," which is concentrated cranberry juice tablets. Taking two of those with water is equivalent to drinking a very large glass of the juice.

I've seen loads of detox programs available online..but how am I to know if they work? I think this is the best looking option, it's on a number of sites that seem to be legit.

There really is NO product capable of creating a false negative result on a piss test 100%. If you take a "flusher" or "masking agent" you're basically leaving it up to chance. You may get lucky, you may not. Products that grantee results or your money back wouldn't have to make that offer unless they knew their product will fail most of the time. Many of them are scams to begin with, not matter how legit they seem, and none of them are ever FDA approved. Just because you bought it at GNC, out of High Times or at a head shop means nothing. They will sell you snake oil just because they want your money.
(*Also, those "money back guarantees?" What the flush manufacturers neglect tell you is that you have to obtain a copy of the lab transcript which says you failed the test, which labs usually charge a fee for anywhere from 20 to 50 dollars. Getting it can also take weeks and requires that you fill out a release form, meaning you may spend more time and money just to get the forms than the refund is actually worth. Many people who fail a test just give up on getting their money back. The companies know this, which is why they so confidently advertise the guarantee.)

does anyone have any experience with any of these programs or anything of the sort?

Plenty. Aside from personal experience, I also have a degree in Food Science and Nutrition. I started out as a Pharmacology major before (eventually :P) becoming a chef. I'm no doctor, just a chef/smoker/NORML member who knows how the body works and who's beaten and failed a test or two before.

Just do your homework, that's what the internets is for.

At 1/16/08 07:12 PM, bucher wrote: I heard Niacin works, although I don't know how well.

Niacin (vitamin B3) mainly serves to "flush" out the bloodstream, not the urinary tract. It causes the blockage of fat/lipid metabolization and lowers the levels of fatty acids in the blood. Niacin also promotes the release of histamine, opening the capillaries and promoting blood flow causing a "flushing" effect. It is also used to treat high cholesterol problems.
Niacin tablets are available at any GNC or health supplement store in 500mg and 1000mg tablets. Be warned, though, after taking them you will experience a body-wide itching and burning sensation for 15 minutes up to an hour, beginning with your face and eventually moving down to the extremities. (Believe me, I know first hand. Get a friend to take it and watch him itch like a psycho for amusement.)
Also note that there is no scientific evidence to support the theory that taking niacin will help you on a drug screen.

Juice, pills, herbal teas, flushers, etc. can AID in detox, but no single one can fully do the trick. The best solution has always been to stop cold turkey and let the body detox on its own.
When it comes to THC, it all comes down to 4 factors: frequency of drug usage, metabolic rate, body fat content, level of physical activity. If you smoke infrequently, have a fast metabolism and stay active you will be clean faster, as little as a week to 14 days. If you are a heavy smoker just quit, (easy amiright?) exercise (this I recommend the most,) boost your metabolism, burn fat and you should be good in about 3-4 weeks.

BBS Signature
sspl01
sspl01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 01:59 AM Reply

I could only say about on this the Marijuana detox is paramount to a successful recovery.The goal of marijuana detox is to ultimately eliminate the drug, and all its metabolites from the body to increase the chance of a successful recovery.

Mack

Drug Detox

holy-schat
holy-schat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:01 AM Reply

your best bet is to just flush it out by drinkings tons and tons of water. if you do that then a month is plenty of time

BBS Signature
bigjuicy
bigjuicy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:01 AM Reply

The simplest one I can think of is to drink a lot of cranberry juice

it's the simplest, not the easiest.
Institutionalized
Institutionalized
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:02 AM Reply

I would drink an ass load of water so you can piss it out.

BBS Signature
Serphyas
Serphyas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:05 AM Reply

At 8/8/08 01:59 AM, sspl01 wrote: I could only say about on this the Marijuana detox is paramount to a successful recovery.The goal of marijuana detox is to ultimately eliminate the drug, and all its metabolites from the body to increase the chance of a successful recovery.

Mack

So, what, did you sign up just to advertise this product then?

BBS Signature
bigjuicy
bigjuicy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:07 AM Reply

At 8/8/08 02:05 AM, Serphyas wrote: So, what, did you sign up just to advertise this product then?

I thought he was just a anti-marijuana whore

MadCow
MadCow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:10 AM Reply

At 8/8/08 02:01 AM, bigjuicy wrote: The simplest one I can think of is to drink a lot of cranberry juice

it's the simplest, not the easiest.

thats just a myth. all you gotta drink is a lot of water.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature
Harmonik
Harmonik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:10 AM Reply

I had to pass one to get off of probation. I just gained as much weight as I could, then lost it back, so it replaces alot of fat in your body, which holds alot of THC, and drank a SHITLOAD of water, and a bit of vinegar.

Bleh, vinegar

Turn left

BBS Signature
Serphyas
Serphyas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:12 AM Reply

At 8/8/08 02:07 AM, bigjuicy wrote:
At 8/8/08 02:05 AM, Serphyas wrote: So, what, did you sign up just to advertise this product then?
I thought he was just a anti-marijuana whore

He/It sounds like a foreign salesman or a bot. "I could only say about on this the Marijuana detox is paramount to a successful recovery." Sounds fishy.

BBS Signature
4Doctodragon
4Doctodragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:14 AM Reply

Drug tests are a joke.

Thug lyfe~~

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:38 AM Reply

Excercise... sweat it out.
And-- steam room. Sweat it out some more.

bean9493
bean9493
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Nov. 6th, 2008 @ 04:26 PM Reply

Actually there is an awesome herbal tea that works really good. You just brew a couple of gallons and chill it or you can make it hot.
Drug Detox Tea

Its not that bad of a price. Certainly worth it.

MetalStorm01
MetalStorm01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Nov. 6th, 2008 @ 04:38 PM Reply

Anybody who thinks you can "flush" out THC by drinking loads of water over a period of time is an idiot. As was mentioned before THC is fat soluble, not water soluble, so drinking a ton of water every day over the course of a month will simply end up making you sick. However drinking plenty of water, and pissing frequently the day OF the test will dilute your urine and make it hard to detect THC.

patm1313
patm1313
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Nov. 6th, 2008 @ 04:40 PM Reply

You should be able to clean out within a month. Just keep on the CB juice.

Poozy- Using all caps in the most effective ways...

BBS Signature
DevourerJay
DevourerJay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Feb. 20th, 2009 @ 12:42 AM Reply

you can buy detox tea... but shit loads of powerade works just as good

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Sig By Xeno.
Formerly known as MissingNYC

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Feb. 20th, 2009 @ 12:51 AM Reply

Just keep chugging that cranberry juice until your test. The more you piss, the better.

Doombox162
Doombox162
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to Marijuana Detox Feb. 20th, 2009 @ 12:56 AM Reply

Go to your local walmart and buy some of those Japanese detox foot pads that you see on tv.

Or just go the rest of the month without smoking.

No need to detox really.

supery9
supery9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Feb. 20th, 2009 @ 12:58 AM Reply

uh theres this fish oil stuff, and it works

YEAH :D

Check out my Art Forum!!!

BBS Signature
Doombox162
Doombox162
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to Marijuana Detox Feb. 20th, 2009 @ 01:02 AM Reply

At 2/20/09 12:58 AM, MercatorMap wrote:
At 2/20/09 12:56 AM, Doombox162 wrote: Go to your local walmart and buy some of those Japanese detox foot pads that you see on tv.

No need to detox really.
Really?

Considering that drug tests can pick up THC 3 months after you have smoked?

Right. Somebody doesn't know what they are talking about.

Ok, I used to be a pretty frequent pot smoker, went a month without smoking (or detoxing for that matter), took a drug test and passed.

Explain.

Doombox162
Doombox162
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to Marijuana Detox Feb. 20th, 2009 @ 01:08 AM Reply

At 2/20/09 01:05 AM, MercatorMap wrote:
At 2/20/09 01:02 AM, Doombox162 wrote:
At 2/20/09 12:58 AM, MercatorMap wrote:
At 2/20/09 12:56 AM, Doombox162 wrote: Go to your local walmart and buy some of those Japanese detox foot pads that you see on tv.

No need to detox really.
Really?

Considering that drug tests can pick up THC 3 months after you have smoked?

Right. Somebody doesn't know what they are talking about.
Ok, I used to be a pretty frequent pot smoker, went a month without smoking (or detoxing for that matter), took a drug test and passed.

Explain.
Luck? Cheating? Maybe they weren't looking for THC but steroids?

Who knows. Just because you slipped through the net doesn't mean that every other pot head on the street will.

Well there was no cheating, and I can see the steroids acutally because at the time I was big on body building and there was a huge steroid epidemic going around the football team.

I never really thought about it until now.

KidRidikalusss
KidRidikalusss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Feb. 20th, 2009 @ 01:09 AM Reply

30 days man.

You NEED 30 days at least

~~~~ I'm ready to use my Home Depot equipment to chop into your shipment ~~~~
~~~~ I'm the super of your building with the hand comin out the ceiling ~~~~

BBS Signature
meganjo
meganjo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 04:03 AM Reply

The first step for a successful drug detox treatment program is to make the patient to know about the seriousness of the treatment. The patients need to prepare themselves to keep away from the drugs. The selection of an ideal drug detox center is also vital for the success of drugs detox treatment. Since drug detox treatment causes withdrawal, patients need to have a highly supportive environment for success of their cleansing programs.

Lambinvoker
Lambinvoker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 04:29 AM Reply

WTF is with all these random-ass first posters?

I'm no artist. I'm a talentless hack who loves to doodle/animate from time to time.

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Marijuana Detox Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 04:31 AM Reply

Just do as much physical exercise as you can, the more you get your heart rate pumping the faster your system will flush it out.

BBS Signature
jerlin09
jerlin09
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Marijuana Detox Apr. 27th, 2011 @ 07:56 AM Reply

Actually, special detox pills usually do not work. And water doesn't work how you stated. Water does nothing but dilute your urine. The only real easy way to clean your body of the marijuana chemicals is time and exercise. Over time your body will just get rid of the chemicals. Exercise will speed up your metabolism to rid your body of THC. If you need to take a piss test soon, your choices are using another person's urine or fake urine or you can read about diluting your urine and cleaning your system as much as possible. There is a website called NeonJoint.com that seems to have it down to a science.