00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Missing Awards

787 Views | 7 Replies

Missing Awards 2008-01-10 18:55:53

I've never recalled this happening before. The winners of the Review Crew Pick and the Underdog of the Week were both blammed submission. I though this was pretty stupid, since they obviously weren't diserving to be on the portal, let alone win an award.
Therefore i was glad to see their awards were taken away. Except now the section sits there blank. Will the system track down the next submission that would have earned it? Or will there be no RCP or UDoW just because some losers got their submissions mass voted, then blammed?

Like i said, i've never seen this before. Just wondering what the procedure is in a situation like it.

Missing Awards

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Missing Awards 2008-01-10 18:56:49

its because all of the robot rangers where deleted along with thier movies

BBS Signature

Response to Missing Awards 2008-01-10 18:57:41

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Missing Awards 2008-01-10 19:00:09

The flashes got deleated becasue someone was making a whole bunch of alts and making them reveiw 10. Thats against the rules, so thats why they got deleated. Yes, they will fill in the blank spaces, this has happened before.

Steam: Bstuk

BBS Signature

Response to Missing Awards 2008-01-10 19:00:57

At 1/10/08 06:57 PM, Gagsy wrote: All the info you need should be here. People got deleted.

Glad to see Wade stood up against the RR. I scanned the topic and found some useful info, but nothing said what is to become of the awards :\

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Missing Awards 2008-01-10 19:03:43

At 1/10/08 07:00 PM, Goat-Man wrote:
Glad to see Wade stood up against the RR. I scanned the topic and found some useful info, but nothing said what is to become of the awards :\

So am I. Hopefully more shit crews will be deleted too. Spamming the Portal just makes Newgrounds a joke.

Well as someone said above, it'll either be filled in by the next flashes that would of deserved either award or maybe it'll just be left blank for the rest of the week. Likely the first probably.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Missing Awards 2008-01-10 19:07:21

It actually happens quite often.

Some person or group will do whatever they need (downvoting their own submission to get turd, or downvote and review highly to get the underdog, or review highly to get review crew) and if the admins happen to see it, they'll delete the flash and that week there won't be a flash with that award.

It also happens if an award is won on a stolen submission, which happens less often, since it may take some time for an admin to determine if it's stolen, and they may never find out, or end up removing it after the next week's submissions take the place of that week's.

I'm guessing they don't track the top X amount of flashes required for each weekly award, so they don't really have a way of putting the flash that got 2nd in the category up there. That would be a good idea, though. Then the person who would have rightfully won the award will get the credit.

It's not fair that they don't get their reward just because some idiot decided to cheat the system.

Missing Awards

Those who fight Kid only seek to amuse him.

BBS Signature

Response to Missing Awards 2008-01-10 19:31:13

At 1/10/08 07:07 PM, Kid wrote: It actually happens quite often.

Some person or group will do whatever they need (downvoting their own submission to get turd, or downvote and review highly to get the underdog, or review highly to get review crew) and if the admins happen to see it, they'll delete the flash and that week there won't be a flash with that award.

i've seen turd and underdog stolen that way a few times

I'm guessing they don't track the top X amount of flashes required for each weekly award, so they don't really have a way of putting the flash that got 2nd in the category up there. That would be a good idea, though. Then the person who would have rightfully won the award will get the credit.

It's not fair that they don't get their reward just because some idiot decided to cheat the system.

not fair indeed. people work hard to get those awards. if they are never given their turd of the week, they could care less, but stealing good awards just sucks.
people put time and effort into their work so they can get those, then some jerk off crew just cheats a ruins it all.

makes me sad that some people take advantage of the portal like that.
but it makes me happy to see wade and others not standing up for that crap anymore

GAH!

BBS Signature