00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

only been darwing for three days

7,685 Views | 113 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-12 02:14:06

You guys got to stop bashing him. I'm mean, he's dead serious on improving, and it's working. Look at his first pic, everything after [ aside from nemo =( ] has been better.
As for advice, you aren't good enough for me to give you anything specific, other than keep trying and don't let ass-hats bring you down.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-12 03:28:09

At 4/12/08 02:14 AM, ArkWelder wrote: You guys got to stop bashing him. I'm mean, he's dead serious on improving, and it's working. Look at his first pic, everything after [ aside from nemo =( ] has been better.
As for advice, you aren't good enough for me to give you anything specific, other than keep trying and don't let ass-hats bring you down.

well i said he s started to improve.

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-12 03:30:39

and i ll start advicing now.
Read lots of comic books
Learn to draw on paper, every artist must know how to draw with hand.
use brush or pencil tool instead of line tool.

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-12 17:15:18

thank for the guys who said im geting better and to the guy who said to stfu.
Also I use liveswif so I don't have the brush tool.
Also I want to get better at drawing so I can make my games better and I wanted to try to make a movie.
http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=
airfroceld3.swf

rate my art movies and games and give feed back

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-12 17:18:09

At 4/10/08 03:09 PM, test-object wrote:
At 1/12/08 08:02 PM, elbarto66 wrote: here a fish I made
lol, you made Darwing roll in his grave.

Drawing is dead?

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-12 18:01:27

what you guys think?

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-12 19:56:37

here's some of my hand drawn stuff.
maybe it helps you in some way.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-12 20:03:03

Still darwing yo?

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-13 22:35:20

have any of you guys seen the movie?
I put a link to it it not done but im working on it

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-14 03:50:53

At 1/12/08 08:02 PM, elbarto66 wrote: here a fish I made

your rendition makes me laugh

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-15 21:03:37

hey can you guys tell me what you think of my movie that im working on.
http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image =airfrocevp6.swf

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-15 21:30:08

At 4/15/08 09:28 PM, MuffDiver102 wrote: I'm confused.... And yet I can't help but to lulz

did you not like it?

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-15 21:39:40

At 4/15/08 09:34 PM, MuffDiver102 wrote: No... I'm afraid not. MS paint is not really "the" way of art. The only time I ever use computer software, is for more realistic effect. I'm not bashing your art, I'm just saying, use paper instead.

XD I don't use MS. paint

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-16 12:36:21

At 1/6/08 12:05 AM, elbarto66 wrote: can you guys check me out and tell me what I should do better and work on okay im new at this piz don't hate me

I hate you...what?

I DON'T DISCRIMINATE, I JUST HATE YOU ALL... (supreme logic from the supreme being NYA!!!!

MAH BUNGIE.NET PROFILE

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-16 17:48:35

you really should learn to draw by hand before you go picking up a computer, which is really just to enhance your artistic talents, not replace them...and forget the concept of filter rape, use all of the tools available to you however you like, that's what they're there for. it's n0obish to call it "filter rape," in the end its your art and unless you are on commission, you need only consider your own feelings about the piece at hand... nuff sed.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-16 23:03:43

the only tools I can really use is freehand tool which is a pencil, linetool. filler, and others that don't help im using liveswif so stop bitching!
and with that said I do good with what I have.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-17 03:30:55

This kind of reminds me of some of the art classes I used to take - we had life drawing and a couple of the students had trouble deciphering exactly where lines should fall. One chick in particular drew our model as if he had a giraffe neck and she was certain that she was concentrating on how long his neck was and still couldn't make it look right on paper. Over time she got better and better at seeing where lines were supposed to fall, but it took practice. I think - as many people have said so far - it would be better if you concentrated on actual objects and drew them on paper with pencils. Eventually you'll get to the stage where you feel confident that what you are drawing actually looks like a true representation of whatever still life you are drawing from. You could move onto using pens and drawing more quickly. Fluid movements with a sure and practiced hand gives life to drawings.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is - practice. Practice big stylee, 'cause you obviously have a good eye for colour, and you'll develop a style of your own as you go along,. But the most important thing is to make sure that you are capable of drawing things realistically before all else. So get a sketch pad and a range of hard and soft pencils and get your hands dirty.

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-17 21:11:22

okay will do but when do I put in time to do it at home should I have one drawing done each day?

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-17 23:52:00

Hey, post a pic of a new drawing. I want to see if there's improvement ;) :P

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-18 01:50:39

At 4/16/08 11:03 PM, elbarto66 wrote: the only tools I can really use is freehand tool which is a pencil, linetool. filler, and others that don't help im using liveswif so stop bitching!
and with that said I do good with what I have.

correction: you do alright with what you have---keep at it though, has it been more than 3 days yet?

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-04-18 03:45:57

At 4/11/08 04:32 PM, Havayosunu wrote:
At 1/7/08 08:06 PM, elbarto66 wrote: I don't know how to darw by hand.
Of course you don't, I dn't know too. Even nobody knows how to darw by hand. We want you to draw by hand!
lol

Don't correct spelling when you don't know grammar.

Lol.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-05-03 16:28:07

here what I got so far and it not good but hey it pass the portal it just a test okay.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 6008

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-05-05 23:06:51

here guys I really tryed hard I hope you like it.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-05-06 19:16:49

its way better than your first posts. improvement is visible. keep working at it though maybe smooth out the edges.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-05-06 21:39:11

At 5/5/08 11:06 PM, elbarto66 wrote: here guys I really tryed hard I hope you like it.

You need to stop tracing.

Or at least give credit to the original artist. I know I'd be a little aggravated if I found a picture I drew traced and altered slightly without my consent and without any recognition of who drew the original. This can get you into alot of trouble I might add. If you need tips, step by step instruction, ideas, there's a ton of tallent on here, and free tutorials everywhere. Start working with the basics and work your way up, use other pictures or styles as reference, don't just trace them and expect anyone to be impressed. If you need some tips even I'd be happy to give you some ideas of what to start out with, but I thought I would give you just a heads up this time.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-05-08 20:03:35

ya but my program only has a pencile tool it sucks and it hard to draw on it. The only thing it has to draw is the line too and im only using a lil bit so I make games and movies. but I'll try to do one with out tracing but it will be really bad!

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-05-08 20:35:04

here one more I like this one because i learn how to draw a hand holding something.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-06-07 13:25:01

hey guys go look at my liveswif tut and see for your self that my flash work has goten better

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-07-03 10:46:17

here I draw this by eye other then the guitar and psp and the lil pic on the side

I took a pic of my kitcen and then tryed to draw it

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-07-03 11:12:51

At 5/8/08 08:35 PM, elbarto66 wrote: here one more I like this one because i learn how to draw a hand holding something.

No you didn't, his hand is the wrong way round. Good attempt though. Keep practicing!

Formerly PieLover61