00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

only been darwing for three days

7,682 Views | 113 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

only been darwing for three days 2008-01-06 00:05:55

can you guys check me out and tell me what I should do better and work on okay im new at this piz don't hate me

rate my art movies and games and give feed back

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-06 00:07:52

And spelling for two?

But really, post something that took you more than 5 minutes.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-06 00:12:21

best yet

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-06 00:20:13

At 1/6/08 12:12 AM, elbarto66 wrote: best yet

Amazing, You know how to whore the line tool and fill in gradients.

PM me if you think I am good at MS paint. PMs: 9 Newest By:

darkspartan000 Siggy, made by ME :3

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-06 00:23:04

At 1/6/08 12:20 AM, ngmastah wrote:

why do all of you have to kill me I try

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-06 00:57:37

At 1/6/08 12:23 AM, elbarto66 wrote:
At 1/6/08 12:12 AM, elbarto66 wrote:

It's called vague constructive criticism.

What program do you use?

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-06 01:08:21

You need to spend a lot more time practicing on pencil and paper before you go to computer art.
And you need to spend more than five minutes on a drawing.
You're ok for a beginner, but you really need to practice.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-06 01:55:23

At 1/6/08 12:05 AM, elbarto66 wrote: can you guys check me out and tell me what I should do better and work on okay im new at this piz don't hate me

It looks like an elephants ass sticking out from some water

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-06 04:14:50

Do u actually think that is good?

cos i certanily dont + u raped the line and gradient tool

<<PURIST22>>

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-06 08:26:09

At 1/6/08 04:14 AM, purist22 wrote: Do u actually think that is good?

cos i certanily dont + u raped the line and gradient tool

Did he say it was Good? Well I think tracing is a good way to learn to draw... But seriously, start by drawing whit your hand, its allways a better start.

Dont look at my post!

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-06 08:38:53

I can see you tried.

i did it for the lulz

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-07 20:06:19

I don't know how to darw by hand.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-07 20:25:46

At 1/7/08 08:06 PM, elbarto66 wrote: I don't know how to darw by hand.

Well then you certainly won't know how to draw on the computer. Get better on paper first.

I predict lockage.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-07 21:00:11

You are a horrible artist and should probably take up another hobby.

Did I win?

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-07 21:09:52

Draw real things in life for a while, with a pencil and paper, properly shaded and all, and you'll get better.

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-07 21:20:59

Yeah,just because it isn't as good theres nothin wrong with it.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-07 22:03:55

You need practice, no doubt about that. I'm not going to sit here, and give you destructive criticism like everyone else. It's about damn time for some constructive criticism. I say that you need to doodle on paper a little before trying to go all CGI. Learn the basics of drawing. Any image (no matter how complicated) can be broken down to primitives (squares, triangles, rectangles, etc.). Try observing images, breaking them down to primitives.

When drawing, you start with primitives, create some base lineart from those primitives (erasing the parts of the primitives that aren't needed anymore), then add a little more detail lineart, then add some details.

If you're really wanting to get into CGI, then I'd suggest trying to use Photoshop's pen tool to make nice smooth lines. Drawing with a mouse is a bitch, and it will almost give you crappy results. If you still like the idea of freehand drawing, buy a Wacom tablet. They range from $100 USD to a few thousand (depending on what you want). Refrain from using your mouse for freehand drawing.

Your work isn't something to brag much about right now, but you can become better if you just try harder. Practice makes decent (never perfect. nothing is perfect.)

Infinity is only a theory.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-07 22:37:20

-Stop whoring the gradients

-Don't look for a response like 'OMG UR TEH BEZTS' unless you put in time and effort.

-Switch to Photoshop and D-R-A-W something

-Work on it until it's presentable. No WIP's unless they're worth looking at.

-Spelling is key.

-AGNRIEE FAIC.

Please post in My Art Thread!

| your- possesive | you're- you are | ur- not a word | their- belonging to them | there- referring to place | they're- they are |

GET IT RIGHT.

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-07 22:55:10

At 1/6/08 12:05 AM, elbarto66 wrote: can you guys check me out and tell me what I should do better and work on okay im new at this piz don't hate me

-if the image is squarish,YOU CAN USE THIS VERY CHEAP(not as in price i mean as in easy and cheater
)effect lol!
think of that mountain u made.
Add a smaller lair above it(like 2 inches) that has that same colour,though darker.

-when showing a round figure,show darker of that colour on the parts hidden from light.

-an explosion is same as the step before this,just that it uses the yellow colour.

-You think something sucks but when u finish it it can ub3r!

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-08 23:52:12

some of you guys really had good and nice things to say and I really do read what you guys say I will try to better my self.
I want to get better a use light and such like this one really sucks but I made it so I can ask for help I really want to know how to make it look like glass or a bottle look.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-08 23:55:11

At 1/7/08 09:00 PM, hammerhead84 wrote: You are a horrible artist and should probably take up another hobby.

Did I win?

im a flash maker

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-09 02:11:13

At 1/8/08 11:52 PM, elbarto66 wrote: some of you guys really had good and nice things to say and I really do read what you guys say I will try to better my self.
I want to get better a use light and such like this one really sucks but I made it so I can ask for help I really want to know how to make it look like glass or a bottle look.

I hope to god your not tracing. Because, as a beginner artist, one of the best things to do is draw things you see, like cards. If you traced, then start drawing it as a reference, not a trace.

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-09 02:54:03

At 1/9/08 02:11 AM, RedDreadSky wrote: I hope to god your not tracing. Because, as a beginner artist, one of the best things to do is draw things you see, like cards. If you traced, then start drawing it as a reference, not a trace.

Yeah, I hope that this person isn't tracing as well. Trust me, skill does come with time (view any of my threads to see the steady quality improvement).

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-09 12:38:08

Lol.

Almost everybody here bash the shit out of this guy, while hes asking for advice. What i dont understand is why people here tend to use crude and bitchy attitude towards those who even care to try making something serious. Like a fucking band wagon. I think this guy is serious. I suggest ya'll stop raping him like a lost hitch hiker only wanting to get a ride home. And ill stop using metaphores now.

And to you, i gotta be honest here. It sucks. Sorry. But you just gotta see it for yourself man. And i agree with some of them here, you should actually just use a pencil and start scribbling and drawing on a paper. Its your hand you need to practice with, not with the ms paint tools. Look up on artsy stuffs, get involved. I guess youre starting your "art adventure" here, so you should stay initiated. I got no time to give you any more advice here right now, so yeah good luck. I just wanted to kick the shit out of the funny bunch here. Tata,

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-09 14:24:08

how can you "rape" (read: overuse?) tools that are designed to be utilized in any art program?- I never understood that logic; expressed only here on the NG Art Forums. Just seems like another way for NG users to be rude instead of supportive=FAIL.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-09 15:41:26

This is a joke thread.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-09 18:11:52

At 1/9/08 02:24 PM, GoddaM wrote: how can you "rape" (read: overuse?) tools that are designed to be utilized in any art program?- I never understood that logic; expressed only here on the NG Art Forums. Just seems like another way for NG users to be rude instead of supportive=FAIL.

Tools such as gradients and filters are meant to be used in limited contexts. A skilled artist can use them to emulate certain things, but when someone goes wild with something that looks "cool", then they're filter raping. Basically filter rape refers to when someone overuses filters, gradients, or textures, generally considered "noobish. Besides the gradients instead of shading apparent here, these drawings are simple and need improvement on paper before being transfered to the computer.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-09 18:34:06

It's pretty obvious you've been "darwing" for only 3 days.

Don't post if you know it sucks.

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-09 19:07:10

At 1/7/08 08:06 PM, elbarto66 wrote: I don't know how to darw by hand.

Well shut down you computer and leave it that way untill you cán!

BBS Signature

Response to only been darwing for three days 2008-01-09 19:10:35

Hammi thanks you really did help
still no one even tryed to help what I asked and to the people who think this is fake it is not!
to the people that think that I should have killed my self
all I have to day is what is wrong with you guys
I want to get better at hard so I can get better at flash too