00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fatchaos art showcase

67,508 Views | 843 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-05 19:29:29

So, some of you already know, I'm going to the army on Monday, which, withouth a doubt, will mean my activity here will drop, and I will propably not be able to post new pictures at least too soon.

So, I decided to make a small art showcase of my own, since my original thread was not only for my art, and also houses some of my more 'rookie' pictures.

So, I will show some of my more decent ones here.
I'd really like to hear your comments, suggestions & critics about my pictures.

They are all made on Paint.Net, firstly drawn on paper with classic ol' pencil, then converted to bits via poor digital cam, then carefully proccessed with computer... by mouse drawing, since I don't own a tablet. The art is suppoused to look a bit cartoony, though I do aim a bit for realism too. But just a bit.

So, here's the first one, featuring 3 chars, and a completely mouse drawn background. I think it turned pretty good, expect the human heads. I know they are bad. I can't draw human heads very well... Also propably my most time-consuming piece so far, due to the number of layers & details.

Fatchaos art showcase

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-05 19:32:44

So, here's more, featuring a char I call "Kamata". My first computer processed char of these "lizards" (But I will not show the first pics of her, as they are more poorly made). Also one of my fauvorites.

Fatchaos art showcase

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-05 19:36:26

This was pretty much made when I got interested if I could draw these withouth armor, or in heavy ones. But I decided to take this char a bit further, so I named her Minahra.

Fatchaos art showcase

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-05 19:38:54

Aaaand one more before a short break. This was just something I whipped up & decided to complete.
Just a patrol pair on a desert.

I'm not too good with backgrounds, and I bet you can tell. But, I think I managed to make it clear it's a desert setting nevertheless.

Fatchaos art showcase

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-05 20:01:53

Daaaaamn. What are you doing to me???? All these lizards are turning me on! <3 You bastard.

Very nice details though. I like your pics. Nice work.

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-05 20:10:33

At 1/5/08 08:01 PM, Hammi wrote: Daaaaamn. What are you doing to me???? All these lizards are turning me on! <3 You bastard.

They are? Well, I made them so that you wouldn't have to guess a female from a male. And I still got some more... bolder pictures coming later on. Just keep your pants on, a'right?

Very nice details though. I like your pics. Nice work.

Thanks, I appreciate comments, they mean a lot to me...
Anyways, I think its time for some more :P

But, so I don't be taken as a all-bad person, here's one with a male lizard. It's a propaganda recruiting poster, it turned ok I guess...

Fatchaos art showcase

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-05 20:13:57

This is my first competely finished picture of a male lizard. I wanted to prove myself that I can do both sexes...

It's not as great as the others, but... it turned alright, though it still uses some of my older art-style.

Fatchaos art showcase

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-05 20:16:43

So, I decided to try an odd pose, and this was the outcome...
I hope the pose isn't all bad :F

Fatchaos art showcase

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-05 20:20:16

And one more before another small break. After that, my 'bolder' pictures ( 3 of them, but don't worry, they are not twisted or anything ).

I wanted to try out drawing a tank on 3D, turns out its much more difficult than 2D. I almost gave up on this one, but I decided to finish it nevertheless.

Fatchaos art showcase

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-05 20:44:00

I know Im uberposting right now, but I have to go to sleep, so I'll just pump the rest here :P
So, this one was merely made out of curiosity, featuring Kamata. Not much to say, I thought it would be nice to see her sweeter side.

Fatchaos art showcase

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-05 20:46:02

So, this I took a bit further on both detail &, well, stuff. I redesinged Minahra on a poster. Also was a bit more carefull with shading.

Fatchaos art showcase

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-05 20:50:03

And here's the last piece I made (so far). It is also, by far, the boldest. I was even more precise with the shading, it turned to be, ashamed to admit, one of the best I have made.
So, hope you like my callendar girl Flahriia.

Fatchaos art showcase

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-06 08:46:42

x_x ;

... thumbs up, lovely pics. I like it how you fill in the colors and all. Quite satisfying. TOO satisfying... especially the lizards. Dear god.

*runs to the bathroom*

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-06 09:22:32

At 1/6/08 08:46 AM, Hammi wrote:
*runs to the bathroom*

It's a lizard.

See someone. NAO.

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-06 09:52:34

At 1/6/08 09:22 AM, Jizzlebang wrote:
It's a lizard.

See someone. NAO.

Its a bad old habit of mine from the past. I just wish it never haunted me.

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-06 09:56:36

At 1/6/08 09:22 AM, Jizzlebang wrote:
At 1/6/08 08:46 AM, Hammi wrote:
*runs to the bathroom*
It's a lizard.

See someone. NAO.

lol...i concur

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-06 10:09:59

I'm gonna do something that nobody else has done ever before! I'm going to criticise Fatchaos drawings!!! "May god have mercy on our souls!"

I think there heads are too big...

Dont look at my post!

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-06 10:20:36

At 1/6/08 10:09 AM, GhostEye wrote: I'm gonna do something that nobody else has done ever before! I'm going to criticise Fatchaos drawings!!! "May god have mercy on our souls!"

I think there heads are too big...

i think thats an opinion...yeah thats an opinion man....i think if your gonna criticize you have to point out the flaws or some shit like that....but by the look of it....he chose that head size and used it in proportion to his drawings

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-06 11:13:16

At 1/6/08 10:20 AM, SmilingIdiot wrote:
i think thats an opinion...yeah thats an opinion man....i think if your gonna criticize you have to point out the flaws or some shit like that....but by the look of it....he chose that head size and used it in proportion to his drawings

I was wating for a responce like this! Luckyly I have a Cyanide pill here!

Dont look at my post!

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-06 12:09:00

Arent Lizards reptiles? that lay eggs?

wouldn't only mammals have tits?

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-06 16:07:15

At 1/6/08 12:09 PM, MindChamber wrote: Arent Lizards reptiles? that lay eggs?

The universe is not only stranger than we suppose, but stranger than we can suppose.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-06 16:19:44

At 1/5/08 08:46 PM, Fatchaos wrote: So, this I took a bit further on both detail &, well, stuff. I redesinged Minahra on a poster. Also was a bit more carefull with shading.

Woah, her right leg is fucked up. Even lizard legs have one joint, not two. I'm excluding the ankle when I say leg. Also, I like your art, but it looks so much better when you put them in better poses, and put in a backround that isn't so simple, it really makes it look amateur. But, great work so far.

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-06 16:21:26

At 1/6/08 12:09 PM, MindChamber wrote: Arent Lizards reptiles? that lay eggs?

I think we're being made out to believe that they are not reptiles, but scaly alien mammals.

Weird as that is.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-06 16:53:25

Whoa, so many replies. So, I'll just comment them all on one post :F

Ok, firstly; Yes, the heads are a tad big, but you are stuck with human anatomy there.

I know real reptilians (did I type that right?) do not have... tits, nipples & yes, they lay eggs. But these poured from my imagination, and imagination is not bound to the chains of reality (at least my imaginatin is not). And yes, they have a bellybutton... so they are half mammals, half reptilians.

I know that normally legs have 1 joint, but my lizard legs just have 2 joints. Simple as that... 2 joints. I know it would propably been better to make their legs with only 1 joint, would propably be easier to draw too... but... I wanted to make the legs a tad different. So I guess this falls to the same category as the heads. I simply decided that the heads look like that, and the legs...

Ah, backgrounds, my nemesis! I really hate drawing backgrounds, since my main focus is always on the characters on front. That also means I have limited experience on backgrounds...
I just find backgrounds extremely time-consuming, and on the top of that, they usually still end up looking bad, so I don't really put much focus on them, sorry :P I guess I should try to work on them more on the future, though.

So, thanks for all the comments!

My drawing style, on the other hand, is based on this: I draw a pencil & paper base for the picture, featuring the subject with most of the details & possibly some shading pointers. Then I use my bad digital cam to convert them to computer JPEG images. Then, I use Paint.Net, starting (usually) with the lining of the subject (luckily I have layers!), and doing some corrections & advanced detailing on it. After the layer, I usually delete the "base" background, and start working on the coloring (different layer). After that, I do the shading (1st layer [lining]). After that, I do the background that usually isn't made with pencil, so I tend up making pretty simple ones. All of the work here (expect the pencil & paper base) is done completely with mouse.

I surely hope this cleared some things out...

Propably didn't...

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-07 04:24:05

The day has finally come... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous but...
Keep the flag high!
I'll see you guys in 2 weeks!

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-01-19 18:04:47

First weekend off...
Can't say I have any project incoming anytime soon, but I have 1 base ready, all I now need is more time.
And I have plans for 2 more bases, wich I can hopefully draw asap.

I will try to get the next pic out when I get a longer holiday.

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-02-02 18:10:28

Since I'm having a hard time making new art at the moment, I will post some older art, that unfortunately is not the best I can offer.

I have a clear vision of my next project (which is not based on the 'universe' my prevorious art is focused on) and if lucky, I will get it at least somewhat done when I get a slightly longer vacation.

Anyway, here's a small quickie I did a long time ago.
The anatomy is off, I know, and the background is still cheap as ever, but I still think it turned at least somewhat decent.

Hope it wont make your eyes bleed.

Badly.

Fatchaos art showcase

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-02-02 18:20:50

ah, some familiar pieces in there, and some not-so-familiar ones.
I find your lizard drawings intriguing and pleasantly colourful (colour being something that my artwork usually lacks), and your human anatomy is certainly improving with practice. Keep at it.

So, is there some sort of background story that connects all of these pieces of art? I notice that there's several recurring characters/features which hint that they are all connected...

Just one little tip - I notice on the last picture that the hands look a bit... off.
For example, the right hand doesn't really look like a proper hand.
To remedy this, try balling it up into a fist (look at your own and copy it) or add the rest of the fingers, and maybe a hint at the palm.

(P.S. I hate drawing backgrounds, too... Which is why I normally just leave 'em white... But recently, I've started remedying this, by making a background consisting of other characters. That way, I don't get bored quite so fast.)

Just imagine I wrote something witty and funny here....

Oh, and check out my artwork: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /802110

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-02-02 19:11:47

At 2/2/08 06:20 PM, Ynek wrote:
So, is there some sort of background story that connects all of these pieces of art? I notice that there's several recurring characters/features which hint that they are all connected...

Well, I will not explain all the fancy details going trough my head since it could be enough to write a novel. But, in a nutshell, the idea is that UBF (United Battle Forces) is a strong military union bound with Terrans & Qoltharians (my very own lizard-mammals). These two species live in a strong bond created decades ago. They face 2 major threats in the universe: Xenoforms ( insert xenomorph if you wish); Aggressive species that seem to pour from everywhere. They are mainly just flesh-bound, created warmachines, but the true face of the Xenoforms are the Guardians & the Queens, that, unlike the rest of the Xenoforms, are quite intelligent.
The other threath is the Machinas. Weak & small, they lack the physicue to deal with combat themselves, so they have created AI controlled battledroids & battlesuits to to the job for them. Aggressive for unknown reason.

Aaaand thats about enough of that, I only have a fistful of (depth)characters based in this universe;
My faforite, and the starter for this, Kamata - UBF Overseer.
Minahra, the UBF Flame Tempest Overlord ( Someday I will draw her in REAL action [Once I get better with drawing fire & flames! ]).
And, *cough* the Qoltharian callendar girl *cough*, Flahriia *cough*.
Some chars are yet to be drawn, but not anytime soon I'm afraid.

Just one little tip - I notice on the last picture that the hands look a bit... off.
For example, the right hand doesn't really look like a proper hand.
To remedy this, try balling it up into a fist (look at your own and copy it) or add the rest of the fingers, and maybe a hint at the palm.

Yes, you are right about the hand, it sucks :P
On the last one, beign one of my older work, I was not so focused on correct anatomy, but be assured anatomy will be better in any future work.
And I have to admit, I still suck at drawing hands ^^

The next project will be based on a alternative reality (modern day, however), a world of utopia, which is, when examined deeper, really a dystopia.

BBS Signature

Response to Fatchaos art showcase 2008-02-02 19:27:13

I like your stuff, it's pretty cool, But I think you should try and experiment with different creatures or people. Try drawing something other than these weird lizard things (I'm not telling you to stop drawing them, just to try other stuff.)