00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Accident Collab

16,277 Views | 437 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 12:35:07

The Accident Collab

Hey Newgrounds, and welcome to The Accident Collab. In this collab, you're supposed to make a part which will include one or more accidents. It's supposed to be funny, but violence are allowed. It can be as unrealistic as you want. You are allowed to include talking (voice-acting, not Microsoft Sam), and Sound FX, but do not include music (I'll put on music afterwards). If you know some music that would fit (It would be great if it's from the Audio Portal), post it in the forum, or send me a PM.

Examples:
Sport Accidents (Football, skating, skiing/snowboarding etc...)
Car/motorcycle/boat accidents.
Stupidity accidents (Like "I wonder what happens if I pull this trigger... BOOM!")
etc...

Those are only examples, do whatever you want.

The menu are temporarily going to include those buttons: Play, (Scene Selections)?, Authors/BIOs.

Template:
24 fps.
Stage Size: 550x400 pixels (default).
Background Color: White (default, make your own).

Rules:
- No sprites
- No nudity
- Sticks?... Only if it's good, and the content is good and funny.
- SoundFX and talking(voice-acting) are allowed, but not music (I'll add that afterwards.)

Read the top paragraph for content.

Other
I will make the preloader, the menu and the credits.
Send all the parts (.fla) to me: asbjorn.ottesen@lyse.net
It would be nice if you post a preview of your parts here (upload at www.swfup.com), so that we can give you feedback.
If your part isn't good enough, it isn't good enough.

Important: If you've got Flash CS3, you have to export the .fla in Flash Pro 8 format, cause I've got Flash Pro 8.

To join, just say "I'll join" in the forum, or something, and you're in ;)

If you've got questions or something, you can contact me in those ways:
Post in the forum.
PM me.
E-mail: asbjorn.ottesen@lyse.net
MSN: glowingmonkey@hotmail.com

What are you waiting for? Join! ;)

Good luck!

- GlowingMonkey

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 12:37:17

Ill join Glowingmonkey my friend... you are my friend right... you better be... if not itll be YOU who has the accident!

Anyway im going to go for the classic slips on a bananna!

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 12:39:58

Oh and the typical

i got hit by a pie
i got hit by another pie
ha ha i dodged that
I got hit by a bowling ball...

might not do that one...

IVE GOT ANOTHER IDEA! ILL DO ONE ABOUT AN "ACCIDENT" IF YOU GET WHAT I MEAN!

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 12:43:33

Is there a deadline? cos I'm quite busy with a complicated part for the face collab, but I'll have a go when i finish that. Put me down for possible.

Just click the sig, idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 12:44:01

Okay, cool evion, you're in! :D And yes, you are

I forgot to tell about the co-authors

The best parts are getting the co-author. BUT, it does help if you are active in the forum (if I for example have two part's that I can't decide out of the quality.)

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 12:45:21

At 1/5/08 12:43 PM, Lard-lad wrote: Is there a deadline? cos I'm quite busy with a complicated part for the face collab, but I'll have a go when i finish that. Put me down for possible.

There's not a deadline yet :D Shall I count you in?

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 12:46:32

In that case yes, count me in, although don't expect anything for the next few days.

Just click the sig, idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 12:47:35

Hey, can i do a guy trying to shoot a gun, but no bullet comes out, so he ends up shooting himself in the eye, because he examined the gun?

Basically a moron getting shot in the eye

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 12:47:59

At 1/5/08 12:46 PM, Lard-lad wrote: In that case yes, count me in, although don't expect anything for the next few days.

Okay, you are in! It's okay ;)

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 12:54:24

At 1/5/08 12:47 PM, daniel123297 wrote: Hey, can i do a guy trying to shoot a gun, but no bullet comes out, so he ends up shooting himself in the eye, because he examined the gun?

cliche... BUT THATS WHAT THIS COLLAB IS ABOUT!

do it good and Glowingmonkey will take your part in!

You should make him do the happy dance at the end (aka run around screaming like a moron)

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 13:28:11

At 1/5/08 12:54 PM, Evion wrote:
At 1/5/08 12:47 PM, daniel123297 wrote: Hey, can i do a guy trying to shoot a gun, but no bullet comes out, so he ends up shooting himself in the eye, because he examined the gun?

You should make him do the happy dance at the end (aka run around screaming like a moron)

lol Evion i see you took over this collab you know ain't very polite...
i give my blessing to this collab this one sounds good and it is rare on the forum i won't join cause i have got better stuff to do...

BBS Signature

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 13:34:21

I'm in the collab

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 13:35:38

I'm in the collab.

-------------------------------

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 13:41:20

I'll probably join! It really depends on how well mine turns out, though.....

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 13:48:11

At 1/5/08 01:28 PM, patu1 wrote:

lol Evion i see you took over this collab you know ain't very polite...
i give my blessing to this collab this one sounds good and it is rare on the forum i won't join cause i have got better stuff to do...

Lol. Just trying to contribute with both flash and on the forums.

Dont worry Glowingmonkey. I wont overthrow you... calm down before you have an accident...

Lets make sure this collab is great!

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 13:52:00

Good that people are joining.

Here's a list of people who are in:
Evion
Lard-lad
TheSquare
TheTriangle
(daniel123297)
(pickleman77)

Keep joining!:D

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 14:19:42

OK, nevermind about joining......... I sorta pictured it in my head, but when it went down onto the computer, it didn't turn out as awesome as I thought..... after only like 10 frames, I realized my drawing ability with a mouse isn't exactly amazing.....

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 14:39:07

At 1/5/08 01:48 PM, Evion wrote:
At 1/5/08 01:28 PM, patu1 wrote:
At 1/5/08 12:47 PM, daniel123297 wrote:
Lol. Just trying to contribute with both flash and on the forums.

Dont worry Glowingmonkey. I wont overthrow you... calm down before you have an accident...

Lets make sure this collab is great!

well i would help you guys keep this topic alive it looks like it is going to be a lot of fun with Evion lol and i shell tell people what they can do better when they ask and you ask yourself why then the answer is..i am bored..

BBS Signature

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 14:53:06

At 1/5/08 02:19 PM, pickleman77 wrote: OK, nevermind about joining......... I sorta pictured it in my head, but when it went down onto the computer, it didn't turn out as awesome as I thought..... after only like 10 frames, I realized my drawing ability with a mouse isn't exactly amazing.....

Oh, but we've no deadline yet, so you've got a lot of time :) Keep on trying ;)

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 14:59:46

At 1/5/08 02:53 PM, GlowingMonkey wrote:
At 1/5/08 02:19 PM, pickleman77 wrote: OK, nevermind about joining......... I sorta pictured it in my head, but when it went down onto the computer, it didn't turn out as awesome as I thought..... after only like 10 frames, I realized my drawing ability with a mouse isn't exactly amazing.....

If I have time, I guess I will. My new mouse is all shaky and has tons of problems, so we'll see...

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 15:04:30

At 1/5/08 02:59 PM, pickleman77 wrote:
If I have time, I guess I will. My new mouse is all shaky and has tons of problems, so we'll see...

Okay, good. Try using a Donald Duck & Co comic as a mousepad, it's seriously better than a normal mousepad.. At least my mousepad

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 15:15:38

"I'll join" in the forum, or something, and you're in ;)

:s LOL

I have a good idea for this. Also I know the perfect song but i dont know what it's called. Ill try and find it.

ATOMICLES VISIT ATOMICLES

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 15:18:01

At 1/5/08 03:04 PM, GlowingMonkey wrote:
At 1/5/08 02:59 PM, pickleman77 wrote:
Okay, good. Try using a Donald Duck & Co comic as a mousepad, it's seriously better than a normal mousepad.. At least my mousepad

Interesting...... come to think of it, I wasn't even USING my mousepad!

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 15:20:45

At 1/5/08 03:15 PM, trdef1 wrote: "I'll join" in the forum, or something, and you're in ;)

s LOL
I have a good idea for this. Also I know the perfect song but i dont know what it's called. Ill try and find it.

Okay, good! :) Yes, post the song name here or send a PM if you find it ;) Thanks

:Interesting...... come to think of it, I wasn't even USING my mousepad!

Ah, that explains the "shakyness" ;)

Updated list:
Evion
Lard-lad
TheSquare
TheTriangle
(pickleman77)
(daniel123297)
trdef1

- GlowingMonkey

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 15:38:38

At 1/5/08 02:53 PM, GlowingMonkey wrote:

Im gonna have to drop out. I was almost done making all the MCs and flash killed itself...so im out.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 15:42:52

At 1/5/08 03:38 PM, daniel123297 wrote: Im gonna have to drop out. I was almost done making all the MCs and flash killed itself...so im out.

Oh, sorry to hear that :( Didn't you save?.. And you've still got a lot of time, but okay.

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 17:14:20

Hey, here's a list of people who have joined:
Evion
Lard-lad
TheSquare
TheTriangle
(pickleman77)
trdef1

And remember to include your name/signature in the upper left corner. Also include your Newgroundsname when you send me the flashes to asbjorn.ottesen@lyse.net

We're open for much more, so keep on joining;)

- GlowingMonkey

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 17:46:47

See up a bit. The guy in brackets is out

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 17:51:02

At 1/5/08 05:46 PM, Evion wrote: See up a bit. The guy in brackets is out

Yes, I removed him from the list.

Response to The Accident Collab 2008-01-05 18:07:50

Dont know about the square or tdref but the other people on that list are great