00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Mods

1,401 Views | 19 Replies

The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 00:40:06

What dose it take to become one?

Hey do you want to play the game of a life time? CLICK HERE

New Song Up:NAMELESS.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 01:01:50

A thread about rule ten and a twelve hundred pound hippo named mary.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 01:02:17

I'm not sure of specific requirements, but I'd say audio mods have to have a strong positive effect on the newgrounds audio community, helping out with the MACs, actively supporting the music in the audio portal, helping new musicians, and having the ability to know what music is stolen and what isn't.

That's my impression, but maybe an audio mod will be able to identify themselves a little better.

And I'm pretty sure it requires a bit of a long term commitment beforehand, so I wouldn't have my fingers crossed for a modding too soon, if I were you, I don't think I have nearly enough experience, just be conscientious and assertive and helpful, and maybe your time will come around.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 01:06:36

At 1/4/08 01:02 AM, WritersBlock wrote:

That's my impression, but maybe an audio mod will be able to identify themselves a little better.

Then why did I waste all that money on my hippo?

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 01:10:23

At 1/4/08 01:02 AM, WritersBlock wrote: I'm not sure of specific requirements, but I'd say audio mods have to have a strong positive effect on the newgrounds audio community, helping out with the MACs, actively supporting the music in the audio portal, helping new musicians, and having the ability to know what music is stolen and what isn't.

And I'm pretty sure it requires a bit of a long term commitment beforehand, so I wouldn't have my fingers crossed for a modding too soon, if I were you, I don't think I have nearly enough experience, just be conscientious and assertive and helpful, and maybe your time will come around.

yeah i was just wondering because I have been invited to be a mod on other sites and I enjoyed it greatly. And I would greatly like to mod on this site, and was wanting start to take the steps necessary to become one.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 01:24:01

Well, from what I have seen, you need to be around for a while, and well known in the AF community first off. Making a positive influence in competitions, posting in the forums, reviewing audio, and generally.. being a helpful person would do a lot of good here.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 02:43:12

At 1/4/08 01:10 AM, GreenTriangleStudios wrote: yeah i was just wondering because I have been invited to be a mod on other sites and I enjoyed it greatly.

High-five for modding other sites. lol
Which ones?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 03:48:08

The audio forum is a very special place, and I mean special in that retarded way. It is a severely underdeveloped forum that serves it's equally underdeveloped music portal.*

The first basis is that, if you're not a regular, and a regular who contributes something annually to what makes this hellhole spin 'round, you're not really a candidate.

The second basis is that you're around often enough to commit yourself to said hellhole.

* I'm meeting you admins halfway, you redeveloped the site, but there's more, which I'm sure you're well aware of, what with the constant whining and emails and crusades.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 05:57:56

At 1/4/08 03:48 AM, Erkie wrote: The first basis is that, if you're not a regular, and a regular who contributes something annually to what makes this hellhole spin 'round, you're not really a candidate.

its probably easier to stand a chanse getting modded if you're around the forum, but that's not the only way. the other most likley way would be simple connections, which you most easily would require via said forum.

you put it in such a negative way, erkie. oh teh erkie, why the negativity? whyyy?

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 07:13:56

At 1/4/08 05:57 AM, Rucklo wrote:
you put it in such a negative way, erkie. oh teh erkie, why the negativity? whyyy?

because Erkie is the embodiment of negativity. duh. lol

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 09:12:31

At 1/4/08 03:48 AM, Erkie wrote: and a regular who contributes something annually

I anally contribute to this site on a daily basis.

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 11:50:02

At 1/4/08 09:55 AM, reaper-of-ratings wrote:
At 1/4/08 09:12 AM, SBB wrote: I anally contribute to this site on a daily basis.
Sadly I don't think you are gay enough to qualify SBB hahaha..

Then why isn't Chronny boy a mod?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 11:53:09

At 1/4/08 11:50 AM, Rig wrote:
At 1/4/08 09:55 AM, reaper-of-ratings wrote:
At 1/4/08 09:12 AM, SBB wrote: I anally contribute to this site on a daily basis.
Sadly I don't think you are gay enough to qualify SBB hahaha..
Then why isn't Chronny boy a mod?

He ain't gay enough to qualify.

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 12:20:28

At 1/4/08 01:01 AM, Syntrus wrote: A thread about rule ten and a twelve hundred pound hippo named mary.

HA HA. thats funny.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-04 14:52:00

At 1/4/08 09:12 AM, SBB wrote:
At 1/4/08 03:48 AM, Erkie wrote: and a regular who contributes something annually

I know babe, call me ;o

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-05 02:26:24

At 1/4/08 02:52 PM, Erkie wrote:
At 1/4/08 09:12 AM, SBB wrote:

Yo man why did I buy that hippo if you were going to take it up the ass.
Wait thats not a hippo thats my girlfriend.

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-05 07:44:41

At 1/4/08 02:43 AM, Rig wrote:
At 1/4/08 01:10 AM, GreenTriangleStudios wrote: yeah i was just wondering because I have been invited to be a mod on other sites and I enjoyed it greatly.
High-five for modding other sites. lol
Which ones?

yahoo answers although thats not really moding, and a few other really minor sites nothing too special

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-13 21:16:58

Apparently mods like to delete threads. So I'm bumping this for you to delete. Just trying to help out...

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-14 01:27:19

Because I obviously had nothing better to do with my spare time. Old guide I wrote.

Echo's guide to Modship

So you just joined a forum and are completely hooked up to it eh? You notice one thing though; things don't run the way they should run, the way you want them to run. Damn, that's a shame. What can you do to fix it? Become a mod of course! If you can identify with this situation, this wonderful guide I've written is for you and no one else! Read carefully, this article will help you get modded at your favorite forum in no time. There are very simple steps you should follow; completing them will definitely aid you in your e-quest to modship!

1. Flaming newbs.

So you're an oldie at your forum and you want to show others how much you care about its safety. How can you show that to others? Go to the Introductions section for starters. A new member registers and makes a typo, THE HORROR. Quick, hijack his topic and flame the living shit outta him! That should teach him who's boss! Everybody knows that typos and bad grammar make the invisible force that aids a forum in its decline. The mods will notice how tough you are and they'll love you for it. Want to take it a step further? Insult his mother.

2. Curse a lot to increment the size of your e-penis.

So now that the mods love you, you should show them who has the biggest e-penis. This is very easy; all you have to do is insert curse words in random intervals while typing. How? Well fuck, just fucking type like this to show the fucktards who's the fucking boss, you motherfuckers. Every time you type "fuck", your e-penis gets a little big bigger. Your penis will surpass your mother's penis in no time.

3. Kiss the staffers' ass.

This is by far the simplest step of all. Anybody played Harvest Moon? This works the same way. Just compliment a staffer once a day for a month and he will eventually like you, or better yet, love you. Follow this chart to calculate how long it'll take you to win his heart.

"You're the best!" = +1
"I love you!" = +2
"This is why you're awesome!" = +3
"You're a god!" = +4

Add "fucking" in any sentence for an extra point.

Empty heart = 0 - 20 points
Green Heart = 21 - 40 points
Blue Heart = 41 - 60 points
Yellow Heart = 61 - 80 points
Pink Heart = 81 - 100 points

Once you achieve a Pink Heart, the staffer will nominate you for the next staff selection. That's just part of the race though, please continue further.

Note: You will automatically lose all points and end up with a black-hearted mod if you get warned, if you insult the staffer or you mention how sexier another staffer is. Be careful!

4. Hint how much you want to be a mod.

Ever heard of Napoleon's famous quote "Who dare, win"? Of course not, that's actually the British forces' motto. Napoleon actually said something about perseverance, victory, and women. Anyway, you must be persistent if you want to get modded. Something that'll help you is hinting how much you want to be a mod. In critical topics, just say "If I were a mod" or "I'd be a good mod" or "Mod me and you'll see progress". Do that a lot and the staff will realize how determined you are. The more you do it, the better!

5. Backseat modding, the self-righteous attitude, and hardcore asskissing.

So you've pretty much established that you wish to be a mod, eh? Work for it now then. You should start backseat modding by flaming even more people, siding with the staff all the time, and adopting the tough-man attitude. With the acquired size of your e-penis, that should be fairly simple. You should continue asskissing the staffers in a more aggressive way, ask them for babies and shit, seriously.

6. The turning point.

You've got all your bases covered now, don't you? Now you need to ignite fear and paranoia into the members' hearts, whilst asking for change! What do you do? Call the staffers corrupt on claims of power abuse of course! Start a self-righteous revolt and question the staffers, even if your claims are bullshit. The ignorant sheep will follow in your wonderful attempt to overthrow the staff and you'll have half of the forum wondering why the staffers are so corrupt. Say something false about every staffer, except for the relevant ones and the one who loves you (e.g. the one who's ass you kissed). Soon enough, trials will be held and staffers will get demoted on false charges if you played your cards well.

7. The Aftermath.

Once this happens, the staffers will be looking for "worthy" candidates. Wait, what? Candidates? No way, only you can be the mod, no one else! The only thing you have left to do is crush the opposition by calling them funny names or downright racist ones like jigga, redneck, wetback or whatever else you can come up with. After doing that, continue asskissing and flaming newbies. The tougher you are, the better!

The staff finally announces who gets modded and you're feeling happy, until you realize that you weren't the one getting modded. Damn, what now sonny? That's very simple, just threaten to hack the forum with your leet skillz or leave while claiming corruption. Tough luck, move on to the next forum.

If you got modded, congrats. The forum you're in is officially moronic and you shouldn't actually feel proud because it's filled with brainless staffers who don't know a thing about modding a forum. The population is less than 50 for obvious reasons and the forum will die in no time. At least you can claim you helped, but you'd just be lying to yourself, good job.

Disclaimer: Echo has not tested this guide and doesn't support the use of it. Attempts to achieve modship using this guide will get you banned on Sonic Turbine.

Response to The Audio Mods 2008-01-14 01:50:19

uh, right, this topic is done with. Also, bumping is never looked upon with mild eyes... >:(

Wakka wakka