00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[Adjective] [noun] is [adjective].

5,885 Views | 66 Replies

Just a heads up, I will be banning for it from now on. It's a mindless post-count: +1 response, always has been, but now it's passed the glorious stage of unfunny, pushed beyond relentlessly lame and recycled, and into the realm of considerably plague-like.

This is not a NEW rule, it's just a clarification of an existing one. Namely:
- Making multiple short posts (five words or less) over a short time period.

And under suggestions to post by:
- If you can't make a positive contribution to a topic, don't post.
- "Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?"

EXAMPLES: Fake bot is fake. Old news is old. Lame thread is lame. etc.

SUGGESTIONS: Say that, and then ADD something else to the thread. Make your response worthwhile in some way, other than a mildly different spin on a recognizable (and overused) joke. I know most of you try-hards need to be as unoriginal as possible to capture the attention of the masses, but please try to add in some sort of indication as to your capacity for intelligent thought directly after your weak pandering.

Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:09:37

Very good idea is very good.

Joking! But seriously it's great, I've wanted to see this little meme put on the pile. I go to E.D for that kind of stuff. We need to start picking off the /b/tard's /b/ad ha/b/its in the hope that 4chan will keep it's nasty dose of shit won't rub off.

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:10:06

Fair enough- glad to see that the mods are putting some thought into the rules. Hoping that certain people will stop.

NGDD MCC - 1337 Leader. NG Mafia

My siggy by mooguy.

Where do you belong on this list? Eternal spam ally of Joza1. We are epic lulz.

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:12:11

To be perfectly honest, I've never noticed that happening in any great amounts. Suppose it must be happening somewhere to warrant a thread about it, though.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:12:13

Good, I was wating for this to become a bannable offense.

This bannable sentence is bannable.

Bannable sounds like Pineapple.

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:12:13

At 12/28/07 05:09 PM, Chris-V2 wrote:
...in the hope that 4chan will keep it's nasty dose of shit won't rub off.

4Chan, ED and other meme sites always bleed to other places.
Overused memes are overused.
They always get ruined on this site, because of overuse and age.

as well as some just being failures in the first place.

Last.fm

Why the fuck did I like these forums again

CLICK SIGNATURE FOR DIFFERENT SONGS EACH WEEK

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:13:35

This doesn't improve the forums in any way whatsoever.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:13:56

Old rule is old.

I'm such a rebel, because I'm posting this in the thread wherein you're ranting about these sort of posts.

But yeah, another rule added, but it has indeed become quite annoying lately.

The codfish on the park bench is fried by the raw maple. 30/10/2009

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:14:23

what gives this guy a write to make up rules! he is just a user like you or me!

hey their check my userpage for tons of cool stuff!!!

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:14:42

At 12/28/07 05:12 PM, EvilerBowser1001 wrote:
4Chan, ED and other meme sites always bleed to other places.
Overused memes are overused.
They always get ruined on this site, because of overuse and age.

as well as some just being failures in the first place.

God I phrased myself badly! I clipped two sentences together, not such a good idea.

I don't think any long lasting joke holds any humour. It just becomes as meaningless as the word "yeah".

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:14:57

UPDATE: Using words and sentences is a bannable offense.

How about doing something that actually helps the community to not suck dick.

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:14:58

At 12/28/07 05:12 PM, TheMaster wrote: To be perfectly honest, I've never noticed that happening in any great amounts. Suppose it must be happening somewhere to warrant a thread about it, though.

People do it all the time, I've done it a few times, but not for a while.

But yeah, I'm not so bothered about it being a bannable offence, providing mods don't come across the few times I've done it in the past and ban me for it. :3

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:15:18

Yes. I'm so tired of seeing these spam topics. I hate how people make them without fear them being locked and the maker being banned.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:16:09

At 12/28/07 05:14 PM, Paradox wrote: But yeah, I'm not so bothered about it being a bannable offence, providing mods don't come across the few times I've done it in the past and ban me for it. :3

i think that if you break rules anytime you need to be banned!

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:16:34

At 12/28/07 05:14 PM, Satanz-Spawn-Sk8er wrote: what gives this guy a write to make up rules! he is just a user like you or me!

You forgot the part where Evark's a mod and you're not.

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:17:24

At 12/28/07 05:14 PM, Satanz-Spawn-Sk8er wrote: what gives this guy a write to make up rules! he is just a user like you or me!

He's a mod dumbass. It's a good idea anyway, it was funny at the start but now it's just annoying.

The Juggernauts will awaken...

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:17:43

At 12/28/07 05:16 PM, Paradox wrote:
You forgot the part where Evark's a mod and you're not.

who cares if im a mod or not! we should all be equal whether were mods, preps, skaters, goths or emos!

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:18:09

What is ED?

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:18:51

Let's say you post that but you post more to it, still banned?

Example : Dumb lie is dumb, there's no way you're BBR's alt.

DIh nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih BATMAN.

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:20:00

At 12/28/07 05:17 PM, Satanz-Spawn-Sk8er wrote:
who cares if im a mod or not! we should all be equal whether were mods, preps, skaters, goths or emos!

*Facepalm*
No, mod as in 'Moderator' a guy who regulates and enforces the rules.
God.

Last.fm

Why the fuck did I like these forums again

CLICK SIGNATURE FOR DIFFERENT SONGS EACH WEEK

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:20:02

Lame thread is.. Just kidding. Bout time Mods start banning for crap like this.

BlueZombieClock is back.

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:20:24

At 12/28/07 05:16 PM, Alastor wrote: THANK GOD

^^^^ All caps, under five words, lets ban him. Hell, lets ban everybody!

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:21:10

Oh thank god. I hate seeing those responses.

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:21:29

At 12/28/07 05:15 PM, green-day-fan1 wrote: Yes. I'm so tired of seeing these spam topics. I hate how people make them without fear them being locked and the maker being banned.

Hey faggot, he's talking about people making spam responses.

But in all honesty, I think you're just overreacting its plague-like status since the last time I've seen someone post a "old/gay/stupid thingamajig is old/gay/stupid" response was like last month or more.

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:24:07

One more lame 4chan joke successfully killed :3

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:25:17

At 12/28/07 05:12 PM, TheMaster wrote: To be perfectly honest, I've never noticed that happening in any great amounts. Suppose it must be happening somewhere to warrant a thread about it, though.

It gets posted often enough that I felt you guys'd appreciate a heads up. I'm looking out for the regulars here who are interested in posting decently according to the rules, and may be misguided enough to believe that posting something such as I've described is acceptable.

At 12/28/07 05:13 PM, WilliWowza wrote: This doesn't improve the forums in any way whatsoever.

Neither do you.

At 12/28/07 05:13 PM, Kidiri wrote: But yeah, another rule added, but it has indeed become quite annoying lately.

It's not a "new" rule. It's a clarification of existing rules. Did you read my first post?

The administrators do, as I'm an appointed forum moderator. Secondly: I'm not making up rules, I'm just clarifying. Clearly it's needed, as you can't even understand why I'm doing this despite a clear explanation of my motivation encapsulated by my opening post.

At 12/28/07 05:14 PM, MidnyteRayne wrote: How about doing something that actually helps the community to not suck dick.

The best I can do more than I do already is to convince those who suck cock at posting to learn not to. Otherwise, I'm pretty much a model poster here on the forums, and I moderate as an additional responsibility. This represents an attempt to clarify for those unsure why certain responses may "suck dick" as you so succinctly put it, which is ANOTHER manifestation of my continued attempts to improve this community.

What have you done?

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:29:29

At 12/28/07 05:18 PM, jallo212 wrote: Let's say you post that but you post more to it, still banned?

You should add more than that. Because you're still only posting a one-liner. Like, add some proof as to why he couldn't possibly be BBR's alt, or whatever else.

Not that you could really add anything more. Notice how difficult it is for you to post anything substantial in that topic? That's a number one indication that it doesn't belong on the forums. If it hasn't been deleted or locked already, I'll probably be the one to do it.

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:31:01

thanks for the heads up!

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:32:08

At 12/28/07 05:29 PM, Evark wrote:
At 12/28/07 05:18 PM, jallo212 wrote: Let's say you post that but you post more to it, still banned?

You should add more than that. Because you're still only posting a one-liner. Like, add some proof as to why he couldn't possibly be BBR's alt, or whatever else.

Not that you could really add anything more. Notice how difficult it is for you to post anything substantial in that topic? That's a number one indication that it doesn't belong on the forums. If it hasn't been deleted or locked already, I'll probably be the one to do it.

Thanks for clearin' that up for me.
Oh, if you ban him could you put in the message "Jallo Seconds this message"?

DIh nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih nih BATMAN.

Response to [Adjective] [noun] is [adjective]. 2007-12-28 17:33:19

At 12/28/07 05:26 PM, Eggys wrote: This is why I'm scared to go on the BBS nowadays.

Why? You're a pretty mediocre poster, you shouldn't have anything to worry about other than the occasional mis-step and resulting ban. I'd much prefer if you instead beefed up your contributions to the forum in the form of lengthier, thought-provoking, or hilarious posts. You're not a downright shitty poster, so you've certainly the capacity.

Like, right there. You could've made an interesting point about how the moderators frighten you away from the BBS, because you're worried that you'll post something foolish to get yourself banned. A little elaboration would've allowed for much more diversity in the user response to your ideas. We could have responded that if you know and understand the rules of the forum, you'd be ok. But really, you just need to know one thing: if you've got a post that is 2/3 of "Funny, informative, interesting" then you aren't spamming. If you've only got one of those three, it better be DAMNED good or it's probably not worthwhile.

BBS Signature