New Topic Respond to this Topic
nal1200
nal1200
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Vsti Help With Edirol Orchestra Dec. 15th, 2007 @ 12:30 PM Reply

I originally posted this in the FL help topic, but since this question is more related towards the VST rather than FL, and since this is a rather urgent question, I've decided to post it in a new topic:

Question regarding Edirol Orchestral and FL7:

I recently bought Edirol Orch and i'm wondering if there is a way to split the different channels in the piano roll? It seems when I open the VST I can only use the first instrument in edirol's list when I use the piano roll. This bugs me, because it leads me to believe I'll have to open a new VST for each instrument I want to use from Edirol.

Does anyone know how to work around this dilemma?

There's also the problem of not being able to save which instrument is in the Edirol channel.. so that when you reload the .flp the instruments in the Edirol plugin are back to the preset rather than your original selection.

speedmetalmessiah
speedmetalmessiah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Vsti Help With Edirol Orchestra Dec. 15th, 2007 @ 01:41 PM Reply

As far as saving instruments, click on the System button in the Edirol plugin window and click on File when the System Setting window pops up. Then next to performance it will have a load and a save button, click save, name the performance whatever you want, then save. You're now able to load it when you need it.

Unfortunately I can't really help with your other problem. I don't use FL often so I'm not really sure how you would set it up for the different outputs. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you more.

nal1200
nal1200
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Vsti Help With Edirol Orchestra Dec. 15th, 2007 @ 02:35 PM Reply

At 12/15/07 01:41 PM, speedmetalmessiah wrote: As far as saving instruments, click on the System button in the Edirol plugin window and click on File when the System Setting window pops up. Then next to performance it will have a load and a save button, click save, name the performance whatever you want, then save. You're now able to load it when you need it.

Unfortunately I can't really help with your other problem. I don't use FL often so I'm not really sure how you would set it up for the different outputs. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you more.

Thankyou. That's the bigger problem anyway; the reloading of the VST per instrument doesn't seem to be a big deal now that I think about it. Much thanks for the help

NemesisTheory
NemesisTheory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Audiophile
Response to Vsti Help With Edirol Orchestra Dec. 15th, 2007 @ 08:02 PM Reply

Open the Fruity Wrapper the plugin is in (It's usually always called the same as the program name, in this case you'd see "Orchestral") and look at the top right corner where it says "PORT".

Change the port from --- to 0.
Then, Channels -> Add one -> MIDI out.

Put the MIDI port to 0 as well, and set the CHANNEL to whatever instrument you want to use from the Edirol plugin. 4 would be the bassoon when it boots, for example.

Make new MIDI channels as you go for the rest of the instruments.

I'm not quite sure how you let it save the settings. Hasn't been successful here yet. But it shouldn't be too difficult to switch it back after you reload the project.

PS: If you hear a MIDI piano when the instrument is playing, go to OPTIONS and uncheck the ENABLE MIDI OUTPUT from the list. That should fix it.

BBS Signature
nal1200
nal1200
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Vsti Help With Edirol Orchestra Dec. 16th, 2007 @ 12:04 AM Reply

At 12/15/07 08:02 PM, NemesisTheory wrote: Open the Fruity Wrapper the plugin is in (It's usually always called the same as the program name, in this case you'd see "Orchestral") and look at the top right corner where it says "PORT".

I'm not quite sure how you let it save the settings. Hasn't been successful here yet. But it shouldn't be too difficult to switch it back after you reload the project.

PS: If you hear a MIDI piano when the instrument is playing, go to OPTIONS and uncheck the ENABLE MIDI OUTPUT from the list. That should fix it.

Fuckin' A! That was spot on! Thank you so very much. If there were some sort of Audio Portal Nobel Prize, you would for sure have my nomination. Thanks again!