00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Where does your tune rank?

1,080 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Where does your tune rank? 2007-12-07 07:26:56

As many of you know Nexus Radio has been hosting a SONG OF THE YEAR competition, and the nomination stage has now finished. If you would like to see if you got any nominations and how many you got please follow this link: http://www.nexusradio.co.uk/forum/viewto pic.php?id=512&p=5 and read the 2nd to last post on that page.

I'd like to thank everyone who has participated this far, and I am hoping for even more participation NEXT YEAR, however the competition is not over yet, and the prizes are still to be WON.

The way the nominations worked is if a song was nominated only once it was in the "bottom segment" twice it was the "middle segment" and 3 or more times it was available for "Song of the Year" - we are still waiting for more votes...

In the top section you can only vote for ONE track, however in the middle and bottom sections you can vote for whichever tracks as you like in a multiselect poll.. but you can only vote once.

Top: http://www.nexusradio.co.uk/forum/viewpo ll.php?id=939
Middle: http://www.nexusradio.co.uk/forum/viewpo ll.php?id=938
Bottom: http://www.nexusradio.co.uk/forum/viewpo ll.php?id=937

Due to one contestent cheating we have had to turn email verification back on so if you haven't signed up already you will have to.. and if you use hotmail or something like that you will have to check your JUNK email folder regualrly for the email. If you dont get it you will have to send me a message and I will activate your account manually!

Ignore all votes for any Pyramis Track.. they are the once who have been disqualified for creating 25 accounts and voting for themselves lots. Aparantly it wasn't them it was one of their brothers thinking they were helping, which is understandable that it happenes however it has to be understood that this competition is a bit of fun on the internet and your getting prizes, no matter how small, for just playing some great music.. and with all the time i spent tallying up results and making the polls it has to be understood that there is to be no leanancy to any sort of cheating in any way shape or form!

---<:|Prizes|:>---

Song of the Year: all tracks will be ranked - Prize of a custom made T-Shirt goes to number 1!
Song with most nominations: top 3 - Buttons/Bumper Stickers
Artist with most songs Nominated: Top 3 - Buttons/Bumper Stickers - Number 1 gets Nexus Radio Mug
Artist with most nominations: top 3 - Buttons/Bumper Stickers - Number 1 gets Nexus Radio Mug
Artists with most votes in middle and bottom sections: top 3 - Buttons and Bumper Stickers

---------------------

Nexus: 1. a means of connection; tie; link.

Nexus: 2. a connected series or group.

Nexus: 3. the core or center, as of a matter or situation.

BBS Signature

Response to Where does your tune rank? 2007-12-11 07:20:35

I guess no one is interested... never mind.. I guess none of you are interested in making tunes and sending them to me in 2008 for the SOTY comp either..

BBS Signature

Response to Where does your tune rank? 2007-12-11 12:22:16

well nobody I know of in the portal was on the list, and you never mentioned anything about any kind of contest so before you give us the "disappointed" speech, how about letting us know exactly what you want first?

What I got from that post was

"Nomination stage is over, competition is by extension over"
"Look at this list"
"I tallied this list"
"This pyramid guy cheated, because his brother thought he was helping"
"Prizes for people on the list"

nothing about "submit now so you can be on the list!"

Response to Where does your tune rank? 2007-12-11 12:23:43

also i'm quite interested of being on that list for 2008, I didn't get to listen to the tracks because i'm at school right now, are orchestral submissions allowed?

Response to Where does your tune rank? 2007-12-15 08:32:29

In 2008 we will be taking new submissions yes, a new email address will be created for people to send tracks to...

These will be submitted and played once every 2 or 3 weeks so people can make their descions on if they want to nomintate them or not, but will also give time for the playlist to build up a bit as people can be quite lax on submitting new stuff... especially at the begining of the year.

Saying that i do have about 5000 unsigned tracks, most of which i found off of many OMD's, but i would say about 500 were email submissions... another 500-1000 were submitted to threads on OMDS

As for people in the portal not getting a mention... And not knowning about the competition...

Well I have been here talking about nexus radio from the start, I also spend hours and hours each week looking for new music.. I even started a review thread here and told people i was going to also be looking for music for my shows, and that people could email them to me. If people are going to ignore me completly, I will give them the same grace.

Now the tracks in the review thread.. some were pretty good, but Ultimatly they needed to be cleaned up a bit, the production was lacking.. I am not asking for perfect production, but i do want the tracks to be listenable at high volumes.. when stuff is peaking all over the place, or all completly lost behind the bass it negates the point of playing the track.

As for submitting music directly to me... no one here did... joining nexus and posting in the forum.. no one did.. if you had you would have known about the competition which has been running since LAST JANUARY.

I've always said that a sure way to get play is to turn up in the chatroom at one of the shows and give a link to one of your tracks.. that will get your name in the mind of the DJ's and the Listeners.. it might get you requested again, it might not, but people will at least remember you. Turn up again you will definitly get played again.. now if we like the tracks we will keep on playing them, but if we are not a fan we will still play you out if you do us a favour and actually show up.

We play lots of music from many different genres, be they trance, dnb, house, metal, rock, funk, blues, etc etc.. its a nice mix and mash of stuff and usually all very high quality. The shows are great to either come and participate fully in or just have on in the background whilst gaming or chilling with yyour mates.

The trouble i have found with alot of places.. but more so on newgrounds is... No one cares about what anyone else is doing.. its.. REVIEW ME, PLAY ME, what I have to SEND YOU A TUNE? I SHOULD LISTEN IN? I SHOULD VOTE? I SHOULD DO SOMETHING THAT COULD ULTIMATLY BENIFIT MYSELF? No thanks i will just ignore everything and promote myself on this ONE AND ONLY site and not listen to advice and critisism because in my eyes I am perfect and thats the way I am going to be forever.

Its a shame because you are missing out on some of the great artists of the future... you could get to know these artists, and their music, and you can also learn alot from them.

BBS Signature

Response to Where does your tune rank? 2007-12-15 09:20:31

well...I can only speak for myself when I say that I've never heard of Nexus =D...but that just because I'm not very active here at the BBS (others could be that shy, too!) ...sorry =(...so please don't generalize our audio-whores by saying "NO 1 LEIKES MEH PROJECKT BECUZ U R TEH SELFISHY FISH >:("...I guess that many would like to promote their songs whenever they can...
so next year is a new chance for all of us and I will definitely enter your contest. First step: doing the registration at your forum horraay !....

Response to Where does your tune rank? 2007-12-15 10:20:22

selfishy fishy. Thats brilliant, i'm keeping that term.

Same here, i'll start going through the sign up process soon.

Response to Where does your tune rank? 2007-12-16 13:33:38

Ah but challange people to being one way and they might often act the other :)

Pop by the new chat room tonight and let me know your listening in and I will play you the Eligble top 22 for this year... (wont play you every submission though.. i did that a few weeks ago)

Bare in mind, the contest is just a load of FUN, and a reason for me to give away some prizes at the end of the year to some people who's music i have been playing out and enjoy for the most part.

Nexus Radio is all about playing a wide range of genres from any music site out there.. yeah we give more promo to the people who are there more often, but we also play people who we have never even spoke to.

We have a laugh with our shows, some may find us a bit offensive at times.. were not for the young nor feint hearted.. but we do love our music.

for the schedual in GMT and EST http://www.nexusradio.co.uk/schedual.htm l

Please feel free to contact me or one of the other DJ's on the following addresses:

wizardsleeve@nexusradio.co.uk
rscain@nexusradio.co.uk
denosin@nexusradio.co.uk
rasmuth@nexusradio.co.uk

BBS Signature