1. Get a full time job
2. Get really pissed off because said job is eating up all your free time and so you can't make music.
3. spend wages on new gear, vst's, but because you working and free time is used up you can't play with em.
4. quit job after 3-8 months. mope about for a week.
5. Hit the studio. You will have shitloads of pent up creativism that you WILL make something, then you'll make something else then something else.
6. Once all pent up creativness is spent repeat steps 1-5.
This is honestly a surefire way to maintain a creative stance. Having a break from music really does help. trust me. When i work i have little to no timeto be creative. Then when i leave a job i hit it hard. the outcome is at least 5-10 tunes banged out in a matter of weeks. Some will be crap some will be good. That doesn't matter. It'll keep you FRESH and thats the key.