New Topic Respond to this Topic
endlessnumber
endlessnumber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 06:11:19 Reply

Don't give FatKid any funny ideas - we might not WANT him expressing himself through more advanced programs. I mean, after all, he could just make a song with painful high frequencies to hurt our ears when we go and listen to it.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 11:18:35 Reply

What I don't understand is why everybody id\s being a frekaing bitch to me when I have not done anything wrong.

I have made music for NG and only for NG. For the members. So why get mad at me for trying to just help entertain with music?

I would delete the (::Run With Me::) Song because some hate it, but it is already featured in 2 games. When it is featured in two games I cazn not delete.

I am sorry if you are mad at me, but why the hell? All I do is try in my music, and for some reason people get the wrong idea of what I am trying to do...

But, I am about to show a lot of effort in my music besides what I already show. If you would have listened to all my songs, you would of realized that a lot of them have worked really hard on them. Some have loops because I was experimenting with different types of music.

I Use Garageband to experiment and have ideas, I now have a basic idea of what I need to do. I havew been raising money to buy Logic Studio for 400$, and already have 300$ Once I get the money, I will buy the program, and try to create some even cooler music.

BUt please, get the heck off my back for what ever you think I have done because either way, I am quiting Garageband.

Sorry for making music for yall Jesus.

Oh, and I would NEVER resort to making a loud screeching noise as a song, that would be immature and spamish.

Most of the comments those of you who don't like mne have been without any evidence, like you suck, or you stole that song, you put forth no effort in your songs, e.t.c. I put TONS of effort into my song. TONS!!! I work really hard on it, and have 3 CD's out right now.

If you didn't read all that, please do so that we can end this retarded argument over me, which I still don't understand and am beginning to think those who are against me arte getting the wrong ideas.

And even some are voting 0's on all my songs for SOME apparent reason. They must think I just steal everything, but the fact remains that I DO NOT.

I use pre-set instruments, but that is like saying you stole that song because you were playing a guitar that somebody already tuned and made for you.

I rarely use loops anymore, so you won't have to be like, "WTF YOU USED LOOPS!!1 YOU STOLE THAT SONG!"

Now, for further discussion about me, please just contact me so this thread won't turn to Shit.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 11:21:12 Reply

Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot. The only idiot here is you fattie. Also, those synth pics you used had to of come out of logic. I can't find any good AU's for garage band that include those options.

No, they came out of Garageband, I think your memory doesn't work past three posts. I am don't have Logic, I am about to get it. Oh and really nice combat there by using my username.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 14:07:38 Reply

At 1/15/08 11:21 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:

Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot. The only idiot here is you fattie. Also, those synth pics you used had to of come out of logic. I can't find any good AU's for garage band that include those options.
No, they came out of Garageband, I think your memory doesn't work past three posts. I am don't have Logic, I am about to get it. Oh and really nice combat there by using my username.

hey no problem fatty. That's what user names are for! Also, I hate how you disregard negative comments to save your own skin even when it's so damn obvious that your constantly full of crap. Also, how can you make a statement that I have no memory about previous posts when the post your referring to is a comment about a previous post? You're so fucking stupid.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

SonicFoxStrk
SonicFoxStrk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 16:31:44 Reply

Ok then, lets let the regulars in this thread decide whether or not your a thief...

Here is Cat walk as used in this popular video by youtube celebrities Smosh (skip to the one minute mark.)

Popular smosh video

Heres "your" version...

Lazy Rip off track as made by fatty.

No doubt, you took one or two samples and threw them on there, then you took a really good preset synth and slammed on a few melodies in there (each note held for 8/4 because your fucking lazy) but still, when you submit music to newgrounds your making the claim that it's your own work. This track is mostly not your own. Therefore, your stealing. I even know all the samples you used, such as the radio stagers.

well first off where do you think the smosh people got it in the first place? and also the song was modifies making it different much like many remixes on the website. you also overreact!! what the heck do you mean it was stolen so get off the kids back along with all you other guys who are doing the same thing and even if you don't like the song who cares?! you didn't make it if the staff of newgrounds actually found it obfensive they would have gotten rid of it by now!! also even though those smosh guys were funny they still just borowed the song so are you gonna blame them for stealing too? NO wanna know why ? cause you like how he used it!!
so lay off of FatkidwitaJetPack and keep your opinions to yourself!!

BBS Signature
SonicFoxStrk
SonicFoxStrk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 16:33:26 Reply

you too Quarl
got nothing nice to say keep it to yourself and leave him alone

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 17:00:41 Reply

And Quarl, don't you even READ? If you would read my previous post that is before the last one you quoted, then you would realize that I am not full of crap. What does that even MEAN anyway? Seriosuly, I'm trying to save my own skin yeah, but you are to by still responding with the same damn thing over and over again! Your not providing any evidence, saying I am full of crap and stupid!

Your probably going to say some immature thing responding to this like, "Oh I see you have your mommy backing you up on this one, does she give you cupcakes too fatty?"

But please, stick to the topic of this thread, because I am really getting pissed at your attitude towards me. I have already provided enough evidence for you to shutup, and grow up.

AS MY NEXT TOPIC

Garageband is very good for creating pod casts and recording. It is also really good in creating sound effects. That is why I have been doing voice acting recently with my new sitcom FattyMcpatty.

endlessnumber
endlessnumber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 19:06:15 Reply

I love how you act like we're idiots even when we present flaws with your music amicably. I'll bet ten bucks the majority of people here think my music is better than yours.

Garageband is a noobish program, and you don't make good music with it. You even place your songs in the wrong genre - do you even know what new age is?

I'll leave this thread at this: You made the thread and you defended GarageBand like a little bitch, so we have EVERY RIGHT to make fun of you, complain, whine, degrade your music, etc. and there is nothing you can do about it but prove us wrong with good music. You're not "entertaining" us with your little tirades and GarageBand preset synths. Make some quality sound with Logic or sit down.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 19:45:43 Reply

THat is not even close to why I created this thread, I created this thread to see everyones opinion on Garageband. And I am not fighting about that, I am just mad at Quarl. You need to read my earlier comments to get an idea of what I am arguing about.

ShinDenjin
ShinDenjin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 19:51:49 Reply

I wanted to leave this alone... but here's what I think of this subject. Garageband is a basic program for everyone to use that can use it. As far as basics go, I'll give you credit. But don't limit yourself to that one program exclusively. Use Garageband in conjunction with other programs like sonar, reason, acid, fl, etc. It will impress me even more knowing you're using a variety of programs to help make your songs grow ^^

Die...

kevs91
kevs91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 20:00:45 Reply

I still like Garageband- it's easy for me to record into and do some (very rough) mixing stuff in.

And if you play around in it and take the time, you can make stuff that's unique sounding. Plus, the midi stuff can be written in musical notation on a grand staff, which was a big plus for me because it meant that while i was playing around in Garageband, I'd also be learning to read music quicker.

Still really don't like FatKid's music, though...it's devoid of creativity, it's boring, and he uses those corny sounding preset synths.

BBS Signature
Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 20:11:53 Reply

At 1/15/08 08:00 PM, kevs91 wrote: Still really don't like FatKid's music, though...it's devoid of creativity, it's boring, and he uses those corny sounding preset synths.

Congratulations! You've abstracted the whole threads purpose from the mindless chatter! Take note everyone, this line is really what the thread is about.

Its not about Garageband. It's about FKWAJP's music, using GarageBand as a conduit. Of course, we discuss Garageband, as it is useful for basic recording and mixing, but this thread is really about discussing WHAT MUSIC WILL YOU GET IF YOU USE GARAGEBAND AS A DAW? More specifically, Fatty's music!

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 21:18:51 Reply

I see you have failed to even bother listening to my songs, I used pre-set loops in my earlier songs, but my current ones like, (::Sleep::) (::Rebirth Od Stars::) (::Towards The sun::) =FINAL= (exact titles BTW)

You seriously are a strange person to think that I use Garageband as a DAW, and that that I would create a thread against me. Maybe you should try actually listening to those songs and looking at the very first post for this thread.

Congratulations, you have yet to see what this thread is about.

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 21:21:40 Reply

At 1/15/08 09:18 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I see you have failed to even bother listening to my songs, I used pre-set loops in my earlier songs, but my current ones like, (::Sleep::) (::Rebirth Od Stars::) (::Towards The sun::) =FINAL= (exact titles BTW)

I've heard your recent songs.

You seriously are a strange person to think that I use Garageband as a DAW, and that that I would create a thread against me. Maybe you should try actually listening to those songs and looking at the very first post for this thread.

You DO use GarageBand as a DAW. Its a Digital Audio Workstation, aka a program that you use to make music with. Looking at the first post, I see an advertisement for all of your music, and an advertisement for Logic. I think this thread should be locked.

Congratulations, you have yet to see what this thread is about.

No, it is you who fails to see what it has become.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 21:24:27 Reply

If you have heard those songs, then why the hell are you mad at me?

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 21:30:07 Reply

Ok Ok, I want to clear things up with a couple of questions.

Do you think I work hard on my songs?

What don't you like about my music?

Do you think I would be able to do better in Logic?

What do you have against me for trying to create?

Please answer those.

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 21:39:25 Reply

At 1/15/08 09:30 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Do you think I work hard on my songs?

No, considering the release time between songs. It takes some of us months to make songs, and you churn them out quick as hell.

The fact that you use crappy Garageband preset synths to make boring, slow tracks, that show no knowledge of theory whatsoever.

YES. Logic is an actual audio DAW, unlike Garageband.

The fact that you are using Garageband presets, and trying to seem so innocent and whatever. It doesn't work. I have nothing against audio artists, but I do have problems with people who think that using all GarageBand with no AUs is perfectly alright. You are aware that the programmers are talented, in making samples that can be arranged well. It doesn't mean Garageband users are talented.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 21:51:42 Reply

Ok, good.

I understand the pre-set thing, but I don't get what you have against using pre-set instruments. That is all I use "pre-set" wise now, but I play it all by hand! That is why I think I work hard on my songs. It is like saying I didn't make a piano song because I played a pre-set piano. But I just HATE to argue like this.

I am not trying to act inicent, I obviously just don't understand how to make true music. I always have known that, and I am just experimenting. A lot of people seem to like my music, so I stick with it. I am getting Logic though, so I will see what I can do. Any tips that you can provide?

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 21:55:56 Reply

At 1/15/08 09:30 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Ok Ok, I want to clear things up with a couple of questions.

Do you think I work hard on my songs?

Not at all. a lot of your songs are ambient melodies which are loaded in whole notes. You don't even bother trying to create drums. Sure, some people like ambient music and in some cases its good, but it's just quite generally a really easy genre for anyone with the free synths at their fingertips to create. Most of your more interesting stuff is made out of samples, but considering that they are samples made by other people and not yourself, it's not really 100% your own original work. When you upload a song to newgrounds you make the claim that it's your own.

Of course, you can try to argue that those samples are there for you to use in your production, and you would be correct, but there's a fine line between using those samples to accent your work and using those samples to become your work. What I'm trying to say is that using samples is not always acceptable. As per that track "run with me" which is primarily the free garage band track "cat walk," I don't understand why your so stubborn on whether or not that is in fact your track. It isn't. Smosh used that song without claiming that it was their own work, they do not claim ownership of the free garage band track "cat walk." When you submit a track to newgrounds on the other hand, you do make this claim.

You might be wondering why garage band would even incorperate these samples into garage band. Well, for the most part, these samples are ment to give video artists/ podcasters the ability to easily create royalty free background music in their productions with little or no experience. If you use iMovie, you'll notice how easy it is to drag and drop audio/samples into the video.

Some of it isn't yours, and the remainder that is just isn't that interesting. It's redundant, it's simple, it's too predictable and it has no variation. Ambient music is generally a simple genre. It can be nice, but I wouldn't dedicate my musical endeavors towards perfecting a genre that is known for it's simplicity.

If you put forth the time to learn how to make different styles of music and were truely interested than yeah, you could do better, but if you're just into ambient music, I'd recommend sticking to garage band and saving your money. Logic studio is a program for people who are serious, I'd have to ask how serious you are about producing electronic music.

You're stubborn attitude and negligence towards common sense and reason. Also, I wouldn't use the word "create" because when you use that word, it almost sounds like your trying to compare your work to that of an artists. Believe me, you have along ways to go before you should start taking your work that seriously.

Aside from that, it's not that I have something against you for trying to make music. I have something against you as a person. You disregard everything other people say, and you discredit them when really they have all the proof and credit they need. You're a fool. It's as if you think you can hide the truth when really your BS is so glaringly obvious. I think your just upset because I'm right.

Please answer those.

Answered.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 22:12:47 Reply

Some things are bothering me about that... why the hell would you have something against someone as a person over the internet, when simply typing without giving any information about me is the only thing that I can do? Well bravo my friend bravo.

And if you were right, i would stop arguing. I think you are right in the fact that I am not a true artist, but looks who is talking. I have listened to your songs, and honestly I don't like them. That is my opinion, and I don't care if you don't like mine. Their beats don't fit well when I listen to them and they sound so dull. That is the reason I only like certain genres though, so it probably has nothing to do with your music. BUT, you are no where CLOSE to becoming an artist in the way you speak of an artist. If you were, wouldn't you have some stuff on the front page and be known on the audio portal by now?

That is a reason I strongly disbelieve that you are 18. An 18 year old would be mature enough to stop insulting a random person over the internet. It is different for me, while I have much free time and am at the age I provide in my description. That is the only evidence you have of my logic and reasoning. I am really fed up with you man, insulting not only me, but my music. I make it for fun, not to try to become leader of the audio portal or anything.

I have only been creating music now for 6 months, nothing to brag about. I first started using pre-set loops to see what people thought about my style. I got some favs, then moved on to the next step of playing limited music with only an apple keyboard. I still don't have a piano to play, but i am about to get one along with Logic. Now, I think I have the gist of it. People are really complementing me on my songs, and I have 34 favs so far. I am now going to spend about 2 weeks on one song in Logic Studio.

So, what I have said before, and I will say it again, I DO NOT STEAL ANY SONGS AND WORK HARD ON MY SONGS LIKE MOST ARTISTS HERE. i might not spend 2 months on songs, but I am not at that level yet. My music being creative or not has been told to me many times, yes. But, some like you seem not to like my style. That is your opinion and I have nothing against it. What I do have against is your publicity to say my music sucks. If you have some hateful comment like that, keep it to yourself. i could go all out, but it would be a waste of even more energy than what I am already typing.

Now then, what hateful comments do you have to say next to piss me off and disencourage me to make music?

DSMagnum
DSMagnum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 22:21:51 Reply

At 1/14/08 06:45 PM, Spike66 wrote: Ableton Live is my favorite.

That program makes me ejaculate over myself.

Though this is completely off topic, we ought to collab sometime. :D

Everyone should shut up. I mean I did say some hateful things about Garageband but damn, you guys need to lighten up a bit. The kid is an amatuer who's only using Garageband until he gets Logic. Now I think he's speaking a bit high of the program, but you don't need to get so mad about it. This thread needs to be soft locked or something because it's no better than the hip hop thread.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 22:28:24 Reply

My god you very very right. i have been trying to say this, but for some reason Quarl keeps wamming my face in hate and disgrace. I already put my final argument above you and I am simply NOT going to respond to anything else regarding that matter.

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 22:47:20 Reply

At 1/15/08 10:12 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: And if you were right, i would stop arguing. I think you are right in the fact that I am not a true artist, but looks who is talking. I have listened to your songs, and honestly I don't like them.

Alright, blah blah blah. Let's get to the good part.

BUT, you are no where CLOSE to becoming an artist in the way you speak of an artist. If you were, wouldn't you have some stuff on the front page and be known on the audio portal by now?

LMFAO
Dude, being a "real artist" is NOT based on how many songs you have on the front page. I, for one, have NEVER been on the front page or the top 5. Are you calling me less of a musician? Are you saying I don't make good music?
Quarl is a well-respected individual within the AP. He is supportive of musicians in the portal, giving them good advice and constructive criticism. He uses ALL of Garageband to make his stuff, exploiting all kinds of different methods the limited program offers. You don't. You're lazy with it - you just pick cool-sounding loops and slap them together.

That is a reason I strongly disbelieve that you are 18.

Ever browsed through the "audio ppl piccies" thread? How old do you THINK he is?

An 18 year old would be mature enough to stop insulting a random person over the internet. It is different for me, while I have much free time and am at the age I provide in my description.

So you're saying that you're allowed to insult people because you have free time?

That is the only evidence you have of my logic and reasoning. I am really fed up with you man, insulting not only me, but my music. I make it for fun, not to try to become leader of the audio portal or anything.

Judging by your excessive music whoring both here and the Underdog list, I disbelieve you.

So, what I have said before, and I will say it again, I DO NOT STEAL ANY SONGS AND WORK HARD ON MY SONGS LIKE MOST ARTISTS HERE. i might not spend 2 months on songs, but I am not at that level yet.

You basically posted the Garageband Demo song, without even attributing it.

Quarl started out trying to give you advice - he knows his stuff about Garageband. You got all defensive and refused to listen. Ever heard of something called "constructive criticism?" He wanted to help you and you took it the wrong way. Then things got out of control.

Just accept the fact that you're new to music and that people can tell you're using other people's loops. Quarl had good advice on how to disguise it - maybe you should accept it.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Trinin
Trinin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 22:50:01 Reply

At 1/15/08 10:12 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:

That is a reason I strongly disbelieve that you are 18. An 18 year old would be mature enough to stop insulting a random person over the internet. It is different for me, while I have much free time and am at the age I provide in my description. That is the only evidence you have of my logic and reasoning. I am really fed up with you man, insulting not only me, but my music. I make it for fun, not to try to become leader of the audio portal or anything.

I can vouch he is 18. Seeing as I am two months younger than him and I'm 18. And to him, you aren't some random person. You're a kid who keeps getting caught in his lies and is trying to shift the topics from subject to subject hoping to create a messy web so everyone ends up seeing their wrongs and how you were the sole truthful being involved in all of this.

Also, bullshit trying not to gain some leadership in the AP, having some fucking kids nominate you for the "Underdog" status. You want to be an underdog champ who comes up and wows everyone with his amazing music and inspires greatness into our pitiful lives that pale in comparison to yours now.

BBS Signature
timpinisucks
timpinisucks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 23:04:29 Reply

Personally I'm on Quarl's Side. I'm sorry I missed all the fighting because I would have had plenty of shit to say.
I use Garageband like you FKWAJP, and I agree that it's a fine program for making music. Everyone complains about you using pre-set instruments, but I often do aswell. Is it because I have no talent or a lack of skill? No. Is it because I don't want to spend 30 minutes perfecting the reverb on each one of my 12 instruments? Yes. Could I do that if I so chose? Yes. Do I have better things to do with my time? Yes. But, quite frankly, I think you have delusions about your own skill. I would seriously doubt that you could read music, and if you can, which I'm sure is what you are about to frantically tell me, then proabably not very well considering you're 15. I think you have little more talent than someone who has never picked up an instrument in his life, and trust me I know. I'm in a garageband class for high schoolers and the football player sitting next to me who has not one artistic bone in his massive neanderthal body makes ambient tracks everyday that sound much like yours. Instead, you replace your lack of natural ability with a frenzy of time and effort spent on each one of your predictable and boring ambient tracks. I don't have respect for you as an "artist", or lack there-of, and I'm embarrased of the burden all garageband users must now bare because of your artless exploits on this forum and your oafish comments in this thread.

Click the Sig for mind expanding Hip-Hop

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 23:09:10 Reply

At 1/15/08 11:04 PM, timpinisucks wrote: The Truth.

YES.

not caps

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
endlessnumber
endlessnumber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 23:20:54 Reply

PAWNED.

I believe this discussion is over. We realize you're just trying to pretend. So... stop pretending we don't know anything and you're better than us, that little condescending thing you do. We don't fall for it and you're not very good at all.

Who uses Garageband here at NG?

timpinisucks
timpinisucks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-16 00:50:15 Reply

That was an insanely lame and awesome way to let someone know they have been bested. I love it.

Click the Sig for mind expanding Hip-Hop

BBS Signature
jnry3
jnry3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-16 04:48:05 Reply

First off, a song dedicated to all the man-whores of NG: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 05771

Now for some advice.

Irregardless of what tool you're using, as stated somewhere in this forum, ultimately, it's not the tool, but the artist. As mentioned earlier, Garageband may have some shortcomings, but there are ways to make it sound better. If you want it free, there's Audacity.

Now, if you've used presets or "rips", AT LEAST acknowledge your source properly. See the comments box on the link I posted for a sample.

You had a nice marketing thing going (others would say it's whoring), but it's no different from the TV ads with claims from some random guy or chick, pushing it's a good product.

I'll be frank with you -- I don't think you deserve to be in the top five or best of all-time YET. If you just want that as an achievement, then you have to earn it with blood and tears. No shortcuts, period.

I only have eight songs up (and two of which, thank God, made it to the weekly top 5), and there were no shortcuts. Those were weeks and ridiculous hours tweaking (and it's still not perfect). I also had to bear ALL the critics (someone once told me I can't sing). What did I do after? Try again and learn. I only marketed afterwards, and I did this LEGALLY via PM-ing my fanbase (yes, I send one PM per fan everytime I have a new release) and the Audio Ads Thread.

I'm also glad meneldil gave me a kickstart by mentioning me in the Underdogs list. I didn't know someone from Poland would like what I did. I also got random PM's, but only AFTER GOING THROUGH HEAVEN AND HELL creating the songs I posted.

Sincerity begets sincerity -- remember this well.

If you want to go to the next level, take it a step at a time. No shortcuts; it'll make a fool out of you (and as you can see, you already have gained notoriety, rather than the attention you want).

Okay, this is too big a post (and has already strayed far, far away from the main topic).

I've checked Apple, and it looks like Cakewalk. Hmm... maybe I'd play with that if I have a Mac.

I'm in <3 with Reason, though. ^_^

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-16 08:59:57 Reply

Also, bullshit trying not to gain some leadership in the AP, having some fucking kids nominate you for the "Underdog" status. You want to be an underdog champ who comes up and wows everyone with his amazing music and inspires greatness into our pitiful lives that pale in comparison to yours now.

I don't want to be an underdog... I told one of my fans, and he tld everyone else. I think they were just trying to piss people off.

Oh and I never get caught in lies because I don't lie. what made you think that I did?