WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 12:52:15 Reply

I get a constant stream of users complaining about audio portal bans. With the current system I can not see why the user was banned. Most users email me "Why was I banned from the audio portal?", how about telling me what the fuck you submitted! I'm sick of asking "What did you submit?" only to get back they submitted something that is against the rules. DUMB FUCKS! Stop submitting copyrighted, unoriginal shit, and then PM'ing me to ask why your dumb fucking ass is banned! If you don't know why you were banned, try asking here, where an audio mod MIGHT be able to tell you why.

We have plans for a new audio portal banning system that will inform the user of why they were banned, and the bans will actually expire at some point. I have requested the current ban list, which has bans going back for years, to be cleared multiple times, but I don't know what's going on wtih that. Maybe some feel it's not a good idea to clear out the ban list and unleash a flood of moronic submissions.

Hopefully the new system will be in place sooner than later so users can be informed why they were banned, etc.

Until then, deal with your bans, or inquire about them here. PM's to me will be ignored because I can't see a ban reason at this point. If you do PM me, at least explain why you submitted, I'm not a fucking mind reader. DETAILS PEOPLE! I NEED FUCKING DETAILS!!!

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 12:52:43 Reply

and that should be most users PM me, not email me.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 12:55:28 Reply

At 12/3/07 12:52 PM, WadeFulp wrote: DUMB FUCKS! Stop submitting copyrighted, unoriginal shit, and then PM'ing me to ask why your dumb fucking ass is banned! If you don't know why you were banned, try asking here, where an audio mod MIGHT be able to tell you why.

Most of those guys don't even know the Audio Forum exists :P

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 12:57:23 Reply

At 12/3/07 12:55 PM, RigAudio wrote: Most of those guys don't even know the Audio Forum exists :P

Probably. I know this is probably a vein attempt. Shame we can't swing a Super Bowl commercial with me cursing out these people. :)

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 13:02:08 Reply

At 12/3/07 12:57 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 12/3/07 12:55 PM, RigAudio wrote: Most of those guys don't even know the Audio Forum exists :P
Probably. I know this is probably a vein attempt. Shame we can't swing a Super Bowl commercial with me cursing out these people. :)

Pfft. You guys have BILLIONS of dollars, don't lie.

NG News threads - the Super Bowl commercial of teh interwebs.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 13:16:25 Reply

I suggest big, fat and all caps line above the submit form with something similar to the first rule "You are making the legal claim that it is your own original work." so that it's obvious enough for them dumbfucks. Maybe frame it in and have the text red for added effect.

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 13:25:37 Reply

Is anyone banned there? Does it say "If you have questions about your ban, contact Wade." ?

I love when there is stuff like that on the site "Contact Wade" when I have no way of helping them. :) I should read "Contact Wade, so he can tell you to go fuck yourself."

Ahh, just a matter of time before these issues are a thing of the past. :) I just needed to rant.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 13:28:48 Reply

At 12/3/07 01:25 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I just needed to rant.

Sounds like someone could use a muffin.

LOL
i <3 muffins

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 14:19:54 Reply

At 12/3/07 01:28 PM, RigAudio wrote: Sounds like someone could use a muffin.

Nice. :)

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 14:26:15 Reply

BTW, Audio Portal bans should be cleared when the new system goes live. I think we're waiting to clear the old bans until then. Forgot about that. :)

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 14:27:57 Reply

At 12/3/07 02:26 PM, WadeFulp wrote: BTW, Audio Portal bans should be cleared when the new system goes live. I think we're waiting to clear the old bans until then. Forgot about that. :)

So this thread was for nothing?

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 14:29:02 Reply

At 12/3/07 02:26 PM, WadeFulp wrote: BTW, Audio Portal bans should be cleared when the new system goes live. I think we're waiting to clear the old bans until then. Forgot about that. :)

Will this system you speak of make it possible for "validated" submitters to get banned (and bring back some kind of whistle feature)? That could get a whole lotta shit out of the portal

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 14:41:22 Reply

Forget the pending list, add the Blam + Save feature to AP but more like a whistle. So you vote on whether its stolen or not (more than just an audio mod. who hasnt heard it before)... or not.

BBS Signature
DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 14:42:09 Reply

At 12/3/07 12:52 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I get a constant stream of users complaining about audio portal bans. Fucking no0bs! >:(

Hopefully the new system will be in place sooner than later so users can be informed why they were banned, etc.

Until then, deal with your bans, or inquire about them here. PM's to me will be ignored because I can't see a ban reason at this point. If you do PM me, at least explain why you submitted, I'm not a fucking mind reader. DETAILS PEOPLE! I NEED FUCKING DETAILS!!!

Well spoken wade. As far as I know and do it myself, we ban because people are just that dumb. Claiming a copyrighted as own original material is just whack. It's not that we audio mods know what we are doing...

I do hope as well that the new system comes soon! I have a lot of stolen songs on my GTFO list that need deletion so badly and so much bans to deliver! >:)

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!
...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature
Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 14:46:29 Reply

At 12/3/07 01:25 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Is anyone banned there? Does it say "If you have questions about your ban, contact Wade." ?

It should say "Contact an audio mod" and provide a list of mods, so that these people can get advice from the people who actually know what's going on!

This new system looks good, though. No more "OMG I WAS BANNED" threads here! :)

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 14:50:55 Reply

At 12/3/07 02:29 PM, SBB wrote: Will this system you speak of make it possible for "validated" submitters to get banned (and bring back some kind of whistle feature)? That could get a whole lotta shit out of the portal

Shit will get cleaned out, but the system ain't live yet, so what one can do is simply to keep adding stolen songs on the "shit list".

That's something everyone could start doing now already if you wanna help out btw.
f.ex: - Save a links to stolen subs with a valid reason and ev. proof that it's stolen in a notepad document or whatever. Let it grow, and when the system goes live, we all will see how/what can be done.

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 14:53:54 Reply

At 12/3/07 02:50 PM, Rucklo wrote: That's something everyone could start doing now already if you wanna help out btw.
f.ex: - Save a links to stolen subs with a valid reason and ev. proof that it's stolen in a notepad document or whatever. Let it grow, and when the system goes live, we all will see how/what can be done.

's gonna be a big thread.

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 14:55:26 Reply

At 12/3/07 02:53 PM, RigAudio wrote:
At 12/3/07 02:50 PM, Rucklo wrote: That's something everyone could start doing now already if you wanna help out btw.
's gonna be a big thread.

ya don't have to do it in a thread, well, at least not as I know of now. Just save a notepad document on your desktop, and as soon as you hear a stolen sub, save the link on the document. For now.

Your own personal shit-list, simply. :)

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Erkie
Erkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 15:16:44 Reply

That's funny.

User submits shady material > Mods with a general idea of what copyrighted material is, bans > User complains > User goes to Wade > Wade reinforces what the mods did.

So all in all, until this new "banning system", we're still in the hands of the mods. GG.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|
94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature
Bad-Man-Incorporated
Bad-Man-Incorporated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 15:52:20 Reply

At 12/3/07 03:16 PM, Erkie wrote: That's funny.

User submits shady material > Mods with a general idea of what copyrighted material is, bans > User complains > User goes to Wade > Wade reinforces what the mods did.

So all in all, until this new "banning system", we're still in the hands of the mods. GG.

Thats the whole point of having regular users "moderate" a place they frequent. The powers that be, give them the opportunity to put the best interest of the site, first. IF the mods are ghey, then...oh well...at least this is a "non-union" environment... hahaha.

BBS Signature
NewWorldProductions
NewWorldProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 16:48:22 Reply

Even though I'm not on the audio portal much, its easy to find alot of rule-breakers.

In the future, a quick scan system could be added which quickly scans for traces of broken rules, and if it finds something, the system will contact the mods,

or you could hire 20 people, teach them all the audio portal rules until they know them off by heart, and pay them to scan the portal for rule-brakers, it's kinda like mods, but the people would have advanced systems so they could contact mods, ban submissions, close off areas, and for minor violations, be able to edit the music right off of the portal (it's probably more succesful).

kidray76
kidray76
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 16:53:09 Reply

At 12/3/07 12:52 PM, WadeFulp wrote: they submitted something that is against the rules. DUMB FUCKS!

There, that pretty much summarizes all audio ban issues.

At 12/3/07 01:25 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I should read "Contact Wade, so he can tell you to go fuck yourself."

Almost sounds like a reasonable idea.

New system, (if/whenver gets implemented) sounds awesome though.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature
WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 18:16:50 Reply

At 12/3/07 12:52 PM, WadeFulp wrote: STFU audio newbz!

For the audio submittors that don't know what he's talking about: These rules!!! Woah, there are 5 of them! So hard to follow, aren't they?

Please Note:

When you submit your audio, please be aware:

* You are making the legal claim that it is your own original work.
* Loops you made from existing copyrighted songs are not your own original work.
* If your submission is not your own original work, you will be placed on a rejection list and held responsible for any repercussions.
* You will remain the owner and credited author of the submission.
* If this is your first time contributing to the Audio Portal, you will have to be approved before your submissions are made available publicly (it's a quick process).

Rule 1: Make original music. Hmm... I think it's a good idea that I upload this 50 cent song, or whatever...
Rule 2: You can't use parts of other songs in your songs if they're copyrighted. Let's add a dance bassline to jessica simpson's latest hit and call it my own work! NO! (I think this is the more common part of the rule breaking)
Rule 3: NG will ignore you for breaking rules 1 and 2. That's more of a statement than a rule.
Rule 4: Your song belongs to you (unless it was never yours in the first place).
Rule 5: You can't break rule 1 or 2 on your first submission and if you do, rule 3 moves into place.

So pretty much, be original. So hard to do.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 18:30:16 Reply

I don't know why anyone would argue they created a song when they didn't, especially if it's copyrighted. Not only are they painting a target on their chest for you, they're pushing you with a bullseye on your chest in a shooting range full of drunk guys for lawsuits.

WIth 100,000+ audio submissions, there should be a blam and protect feature like the Flash portal. At least this way, this shit will get flagged and shot down before it even gets properly uploaded.

Don't take bullshit from the thieves, Wade, but I'm sure there are some innocent ones out there.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 18:42:04 Reply

liljim ftw

nal1200
nal1200
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 21:30:12 Reply

Is the update to the AP only going to include a new banning system? Or will this also include the whole "great, awesome score" that is currently visible but unavailable on the mainpage?

NAMEOFUSER
NAMEOFUSER
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-03 21:35:50 Reply

i feel for you wade you wade. you know even though you have a pretty freakin awsome job and like in any job you have to deal with morons.

BBS Signature
Erkie
Erkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-04 02:04:48 Reply

Thats the whole point of having regular users "moderate" a place they frequent.

A quick scan of a thread about copyrights goes to show that this formula of making moderators does not equal people with a full understanding of what they're doing.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|
94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature
Bad-Man-Incorporated
Bad-Man-Incorporated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2007-12-04 03:52:30 Reply

At 12/4/07 02:04 AM, Erkie wrote:
A quick scan of a thread about copyrights goes to show that this formula of making moderators does not equal people with a full understanding of what they're doing.

True enough! hahaha.

BBS Signature
Strik3Mast3r
Strik3Mast3r
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-25 23:27:31 Reply

Ok, here's my problem. I got banned when submitting my first ever audio to the portal... I clicked the submit button (after i had uploaded the song and everything) it said i was banned......... Is that supposed to happen? I cant submit anything...