00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop

10,016 Views | 204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 00:58:15

From what i've seen and how long i've been here there are many people on this site that diss the hip hop culture on this site and the question i ask is why i kno it's not the hardest genre to compose but there is talent all around all i ask is straight fowards answers no ignorance please i've posted here many times before and all i get is bullshit and everyone taking shots at me because i am a NG hip hop artist...

don't hate me because i make hip hop i ain't gonna say nothing i let my music speak for itself

BBS Signature

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 01:01:59

Did you scare your periods away?

Newgrounds = Love, not hate.

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 01:14:30

At 11/29/07 12:58 AM, Poetic-Reven wrote: From what i've seen and how long i've been here there are many people on this site that diss the hip hop culture on this site and the question i ask is why i kno it's not the hardest genre to compose but there is talent all around all i ask is straight fowards answers no ignorance please i've posted here many times before and all i get is bullshit and everyone taking shots at me because i am a NG hip hop artist...

200-some posts is not a lot. And the reason people give you shit might be because you lacked to use what most would consider good posts for a "serious" topic. Using a huge run-on sentence does is not looked very highly upon.

Now, the reason that hip-hop could be hated on is because a lot of self-proclaimed hip-hop artsts are... not very good. And in most mainstream stuff in rap and hip-hop use sampled stuff. People who make stuff from scratch don't like to see that. But that's just what I've heard, so don't quote me saying "EVERYTHING IN HIP-HOP AND RAP IS STOLEN MILKMAN SAID SO". I haven't listened to enough to prove that.

Don't get me wrong though, there is quite a handful of great on Newgrounds, like Swirly-Helix and Greeksta-69. But a majority of stuff labeled as hip-hop tends to be not very well produced on NG. And in some cases, mainstream. It could also be because there are a lot NG users like electronic music over hip-hop, where you could go on some other sites that loves hip-hop like electronica on NG.

Mostly, it's a matter of preference.

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 01:16:35

I like hip-hop.

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 01:32:53

At 11/29/07 01:14 AM, New-Milkman wrote: Mostly, it's a matter of preference.

I'm not usually a fan of hip-hop, but I'd really like to see some GOOD hip-hop on here, ya know.
Hip-hoppers - invest in a good mic. PLEASE.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 01:37:59

At 11/29/07 01:14 AM, New-Milkman wrote:
At 11/29/07 12:58 AM, Poetic-Reven wrote: From what i've seen and how long i've been here there are many people on this site that diss the hip hop culture on this site and the question i ask is why i kno it's not the hardest genre to compose but there is talent all around all i ask is straight fowards answers no ignorance please i've posted here many times before and all i get is bullshit and everyone taking shots at me because i am a NG hip hop artist...
200-some posts is not a lot. And the reason people give you shit might be because you lacked to use what most would consider good posts for a "serious" topic. Using a huge run-on sentence does is not looked very highly upon.

Now, the reason that hip-hop could be hated on is because a lot of self-proclaimed hip-hop artsts are... not very good. And in most mainstream stuff in rap and hip-hop use sampled stuff. People who make stuff from scratch don't like to see that. But that's just what I've heard, so don't quote me saying "EVERYTHING IN HIP-HOP AND RAP IS STOLEN MILKMAN SAID SO". I haven't listened to enough to prove that.

Don't get me wrong though, there is quite a handful of great on Newgrounds, like Swirly-Helix and Greeksta-69. But a majority of stuff labeled as hip-hop tends to be not very well produced on NG. And in some cases, mainstream. It could also be because there are a lot NG users like electronic music over hip-hop, where you could go on some other sites that loves hip-hop like electronica on NG.

Mostly, it's a matter of preference.

well when i first started postin here i'm not gonna lie i was cocky ignorant and all of the above but, as i got older i started seeing what mistakes that were making me seem like a dumb ass...about my posts i have posted alot for a short period of time during 2006 after awhile i never came to the forum becuase mostly artists would take shots at me...i don't follow what i hear on the radio i lead the last thing i would do is follow some bullshit ass trend don't compare underground hip hop to mainstream hip hop that is the mistake that many people make on NG I believe my hip hop and many other hip hop artists on NG feel like they try to be as original as possible thought many of us have made similar melodies to each others music but that is why you study music, tale classes, do whatever possible to make yourself have your own sound just check out my recent submission which is a collaberation with another hip hop artists name Cajete , well to speak on sampled production i am not very fond of it though some insturmentals i've heard have been very impressive( not speaking about Kanye West) I don't sample at all i try to intergrate my style of music in my insturmentals not someone elses I love newgrounds i posted my first beat here and it's not because of the score on my submission it's because of the reveiws and the people who enjoy my music on this site i've been posting music on here for a little over 3 years and i will continue to but don't like the simple fact that some people on here hate it which is not something to be mad about as you said it's certain individuals preferences i do understand it's just a question that i wanted to ask and wanted a reasonable answer ya kno? ...and yes stamper i kno u like hip hop and six dicks in a row LMAO

don't hate me because i make hip hop i ain't gonna say nothing i let my music speak for itself

BBS Signature

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 01:44:07

At 11/29/07 01:32 AM, RigAudio wrote:
At 11/29/07 01:14 AM, New-Milkman wrote: Mostly, it's a matter of preference.
I'm not usually a fan of hip-hop, but I'd really like to see some GOOD hip-hop on here, ya know.
Hip-hoppers - invest in a good mic. PLEASE.

Listen To Me :D not to be cocky but i believe i have some good tracks on here...insturmentals and Songs

Here is a few others off the top of my head
Cajete, Lova-Gurl, Lil-Saynt, Greeksta-69 , Wytenoiz, Bleek 989,BeatBreaker187
CaliberTheButcher, Lejin,

you haven't good hip hop you need to visit all these artist and at least listen to like 30 second of their newest song i'm just askin for a good listen...
ask LilJCoffee about me he'll tell you who i am

BBS Signature

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 02:36:42

At 11/29/07 01:16 AM, Stamper wrote: I like hip-hop.

But nobody likes you. Hence, this thread.

It's all your fault, Stamper.

You fucking failure. >:(

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 05:20:20

Uhh, going off on a rant here, I'd rather listen to shitty rap tracks than everyones phaser happy chord builder FL chopper stock sytrus bullshit ass electronica. I mean seriously. ParagonXwhatever has some simple arps and some filters and just has a knack for finding easy to remember melodys. I mean. Any idiot can make a rap beat, but FL comes made for idiots and boring trance music. (I DIDNT say ALL of ANYTHING was ANYTHING.)

I think the biggest problem with rap and hip hop on NG is that... well. Its really really simple to use punctuation. I'm going to quote maddox here and say that you have to move your pinky one tenth of an inch every once in a while to not sound like a moron. Unfortuantly, the degree of understanding and complexity of a track can usually be found in the track description. If you dont care enough to type somthing noteworthy in the 90 characters you get to sell your track to an audience of voters with three second attention spans, your track must not be that good.

... Defend it.

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 05:32:54

Ok dude. You need to lose the FL presets, seriously. Everyones going to get all shitty with me about calling someone out about it, But dude, you want respect, you can't come into a forum with an army of accomplished musicians and talk about respect and then bust out some FL claps with delays on them. And man, you gotta speed that shit up. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/9 2071 Its not hard to rap shit that fast. Just write three times more lyrics, and practice it a couple of times. When in doubt, go pop in a Bone Thugs album. TRIPLETS... rhyme with triplets. Do somthing interesting. Impress people who dont understand your genre. Hip hop is either really good, or its like a ghetto dr suess and a freshman in the marching band with some jones soda and a ripped copy of FL Studio.

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 05:43:59

No you don't.

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 06:11:44

i dont find it weird that alot of hip-hop artists on NG get alot of shit here in the forum, when MOST of them pop in and type like a shot but not dead cow. Using real life slang in an utter ridiculous way that just makes me want to beat them up.

The music then? well, a few good artists are on here, but there's shitload of sampled material on the site, which aint allowed, and thus gets the "stolen" stamp.

Wakka wakka

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 09:24:04

It's not a big group effort to kill hip hop on NG, just do good music and don't worry about the occasional idiot who gives you a bad review. There are lots of popular and respected artist on NG, and you're one of them so whats the problem?

Don't get me wrong though, there is quite a handful of great on Newgrounds, like Swirly-Helix and Greeksta-69.

Yes.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 14:52:15

Your hip-hop is satirical, and therefore good.

Much hip-hop tries to be serious. My friend swore that he heard Soulja Boy using FL presets in "Crank Dat" (aka that shitty hip-hop song that my brother bought off of itunes LOL).

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 14:59:43

At 11/29/07 02:52 PM, navij11 wrote:
Your hip-hop is satirical, and therefore good.

Much hip-hop tries to be serious. My friend swore that he heard Soulja Boy using FL presets in "Crank Dat" (aka that shitty hip-hop song that my brother bought off of itunes LOL).

Yeah there all presets lol.. but i dont consider soulja boy hip hop its more of a dance track. with like 5 words.

Check out my newest song HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 15:19:51

At 11/29/07 02:59 PM, Greeksta-69 wrote:
At 11/29/07 02:52 PM, navij11 wrote: Much hip-hop tries to be serious. My friend swore that he heard Soulja Boy using FL presets in "Crank Dat" (aka that shitty hip-hop song that my brother bought off of itunes LOL).
Yeah there all presets lol.. but i dont consider soulja boy hip hop its more of a dance track. with like 5 words.

I like that song purely for the fact the way the vocals are all structured it just makes it. And it can be fun to listen to at times.

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 15:24:30

Giving you the faic because you don't deserve my answer, as you didn't show me respect with your post.

MOAR F7? AMIRITE?

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 16:02:17

At 11/29/07 05:32 AM, jrayteam6 wrote: Ok dude. You need to lose the FL presets, seriously. Everyones going to get all shitty with me about calling someone out about it, But dude, you want respect, you can't come into a forum with an army of accomplished musicians and talk about respect and then bust out some FL claps with delays on them. And man, you gotta speed that shit up. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/9 2071 Its not hard to rap shit that fast. Just write three times more lyrics, and practice it a couple of times. When in doubt, go pop in a Bone Thugs album. TRIPLETS... rhyme with triplets. Do somthing interesting. Impress people who dont understand your genre. Hip hop is either really good, or its like a ghetto dr suess and a freshman in the marching band with some jones soda and a ripped copy of FL Studio.

so your sayin just because i use 808's that's something to talk down about my style i like producin south insturmentals and is that a problem i use vst's and soundfonts too much and i like using the slayer in FL every once in awhile...i can produce eastcoast and any other type of music and yes i do music 3 stepper beatz as you say but why would i do something that bone thugs been doing for years yea right.....so it's interesting i guess that's your preference but not mine all types of hip hop are intresting so yea thas how i feel

BBS Signature

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 16:28:52

By the way, WAH, stand for yourself being a hip-hop artist and stop crying about getting shit for it.
There have been numerous "WAH HIP HOP WAH NG WAH WAH WAAAAH" threads in this forum. Maybe that mean something, but in all honesty I dont think hip-hop artists get any more dick than any other genre on NG. Its just that hip-hop-artists generally seem to come with a "toughter" attitude, and will be met with an equal attitude.

And another answer, to your "why"? Most user appreciate techno, dance, trance, dnb and other styles that's more "rave"-like. Don't ask me why, could have something to do with the fact that the founder of this site is a fan of that kind of music, and have left it's mark on here.

So stop crying about it.

Also, what's the whole point of this thread again? Somone please remind me, or I'm locking this WAH-fest.

Wakka wakka

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 16:29:56

This thread makes me lol.

To be fair, a good portion of the drum presets in FL are based on the synths/drum machines (such as the 808) that literally MADE the genre of hip-hop. If you want, use a pulse wave instead of a sine, i'm sure the bass will sound just as fantastic (sarcasm).

Making beats from scratch is fun, sampling dusty-ass records you found in the bargain bin at your local record store and making your own stuff to layer atop it is equally as fun. I prefer the latter, personally.

But honestly, does it really matter how you make a track? The final product is what really counts: if it's a representation of your musical spirit and it gets people's head bobbin at the same time, then you killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

I appreciate the dirty south, west coast, and more mainstream sounding producers on NG, because they don't what I DON'T do, and there are many hot tracks coming from them.

It's not really up to the artist to choose their music style. The style chooses them. But limiting yourself to just that one and ignoring the others.. that's the problem.

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 16:57:35

At 11/29/07 04:29 PM, YunVeroz wrote: This thread makes me lol.

To be fair, a good portion of the drum presets in FL are based on the synths/drum machines (such as the 808) that literally MADE the genre of hip-hop. If you want, use a pulse wave instead of a sine, i'm sure the bass will sound just as fantastic (sarcasm).

It's not really up to the artist to choose their music style. The style chooses them. But limiting yourself to just that one and ignoring the others.. that's the problem.

thanx you for actually taking your time to give a good reply and rucklo or whatever i'm not bitchin i simply wanted to ask a question i'm not talkin gangsta not any of that i stand up for a what i do so fuck that

BBS Signature

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 18:49:36

It's just like that in trance. The 909 made acid. If anyone can do a better job in acid than those producers who were RESTRICTED to hardware by making their own percussion instead of using analog samples, fuck me in the ass.

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-29 23:04:08

Yo yo yo that shits fo real b boi. I wuz liek all up in my hood just chillin', ya know, kickin' it ol' skool and some cracka' broke into my stash, n I kicked hiz ass and insulted his momma, ya hear?

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-30 01:52:44

At 11/29/07 11:04 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Yo yo yo that shits fo real b boi. I wuz liek all up in my hood just chillin', ya know, kickin' it ol' skool and some cracka' broke into my stash, n I kicked hiz ass and insulted his momma, ya hear?

what the hell are you talking about thas not how hood noggas ya'll just over kill it sometimes go to hell in a gasoline filled clothes on...nobody down here says yo...it's bruh...mang...what it is...don't get me started i don't even talk like that....i am southern and what some ppl call thug but whatever i am who i am ....stupid ass ppl there dayz get a life

~1~

BBS Signature

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-30 04:02:07

I use sampled sounds from packs...I don't know what the hell else I would do! Buy the drums and recording equipment and record them from scratch? is there something wrong with this or are you getting at something else?

:Your hip-hop is satirical, and therefore good.

:Much hip-hop tries to be serious.

Care to go more in depth?

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-30 13:50:40

At 11/30/07 08:48 AM, Chronamut wrote:
And on that note - put some fucking periods in your sentences man - I know you can typ like a normal human being if you want - thats half the reason people wont take you seriously - people hate "thugs".

lmao i hear u man but yea i understand where your comin from

BBS Signature

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-30 21:01:09

I love hip hop too ill listen to ya, and see what you got.

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-11-30 21:29:13

At 11/30/07 08:48 AM, Chronamut wrote: i wont lie - I HATE the hip hop industry - and i hate the hip-hoppization of todays youth - the gangs and ghetto trash that walk the streets.

To me hip hop doesnt involve much effort - especially the sampled crap - and I know you're allowed to take like 10 seconds of a song and pitch it up and loop it to death and add crappy drums and some bass and some half-dead lryics to it - but it doesnt mean I have to like it.

I am not saying you do - ad contrary to what new milkman says he is generally still a noob to this site and I have known you for quite a while - posts mean dick all on this site NMM.

Anbd on that note - put some fucking periods in your sentences man - I know you can typ like a normal human being if you want - thats half the reason people wont take you seriously - people hate "thugs".

Heh.. i see where you coming from. But you must understand.. not all hip hop is like that. Trust me. Yes, Hip hop is easy to make.. but on my note.. it's hard for me.. because I do more than just add a crappy drumset with pumped bass and a crappy synth to it. If you listen to my music, I'm 99.9% original (I'm strongly against sampling but heh..everyone samples once in a while). The only songs I sampled was the kingdom hearts theme and F.O.D. kirby theme. But that's about it.. My goal is to motivate the hip hop listeners so they can produce something new, and convert other listeners to Hip Hop. So before you go off hating on hip hop.. just listen, to my music.. to poetic-reven's music, to War-Spawn's music. So you can know not all hip hop ain't bad.

-RMP

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-12-01 10:33:56

whoah.

back the fuck up.

where did you come from?

Response to Why Does Ng Degrade Hip Hop 2007-12-04 13:07:10

WHy do people degrade hip-hop? Because it sucks.

"Marx was wrong. Religion is not the opiate of the masses, religion is the placebo of the masses."

BBS Signature