Click to listen.

Score
    3.29 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

Just curious if there is anything that someone else thinks i can do with this, i have some ideas, but just curious

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 11:03 PM Reply

• -:: Yankee Strike ::- WIP
    -:: Yankee Strike ::- WIP by Computer112

Click to listen.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

Anyone has criticism and suggestions. Thanks.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
Frazmaster
Frazmaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 07:48 AM Reply

Kind of Ambient/Instrumental Hip-Hop/Electronica

http://www.mediafire.com/?idzbdord2llq7t e

trabajaba7
trabajaba7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 5th, 2011 @ 04:21 AM Reply

At 12/4/11 07:48 AM, Frazmaster wrote: Kind of Ambient/Instrumental Hip-Hop/Electronica

http://www.mediafire.com/?idzbdord2llq7t e

I think its real cool chill music, definitely have a little something going on there and I enjoyed listenin to it. With that said there is definitely room for improvement as with anything in life. The intro was really long, and the tone of it was kind of harsh and not fitting of the mood later in the song, and maybe have something with the wind constantly in the back or make the wind a little louder. Also the drum beat that comes in about 2:20 and keeps goin on was kind of awkward you have (bass - hit- bass - bass -bass - hit) try (bass - hit -bass - bass - hit - bass ) with pretty much the same rhythm.

With that review done
This is a school project and a remix of Penn State's Fight On State i don't particularly like it, and since ive submitted it i have fixed that pause near the end (youll hear what im talkin about )

Crashing Smashing, Lots of noise all around him, ....
if you are lucky his friends will send for all the king's horses and all the kings men

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 10:20 PM Reply

Could some of you review this? I would love some critique.

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
Toxicks
Toxicks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 11:41 PM Reply

http://soundcloud.com/chriscrane-1/doubl e-filet

Just started working this one, looking to see if anyone likes it, first try at making my own sound effects, should I compress more things with appropriate variables to bring anything down or make something heavier?

Works In Progress Advice Thread!

Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 13th, 2011 @ 09:22 PM Reply

http://soundcloud.com/zam-theory/hardsty le-in-progress

im not shure what i should do with it.. i had insperation last night but poof lol. what do 'you' think i should do with it? :/

Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 13th, 2011 @ 10:53 PM Reply

At 12/13/11 09:22 PM, Tabu112 wrote: http://soundcloud.com/zam-theory/hardsty le-in-progress

im not shure what i should do with it.. i had insperation last night but poof lol. what do 'you' think i should do with it? :/

http://soundcloud.com/zam-theory/more-wo rk-on-to-hard-trance <i work too fast T_T

ModuleMusic
ModuleMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 18th, 2011 @ 05:22 AM Reply

http://soundcloud.com/zam-theory/trancer ll-2 would like some opinion on this mix so far, maby even a sugestion on where to take it. (im going to be continuing the bells i just got tired..)

DdottodD
DdottodD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 18th, 2011 @ 10:37 AM Reply

SONG! Can someone please review this?! I already got some advice and it helped soooo much. I feel that the more people can give their input the better I get... I would seriously appreciate any feedback.

Herdunculus
Herdunculus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 21st, 2011 @ 02:24 AM Reply

Hey! I've finally started working on making another track again, and this time, I would like someone other than me, who has listened to the same thing over and over, to hear it and give me feedback. Like having a fresh ear, per se. Anyway, here it is on soundcloud!

http://soundcloud.com/herdunculus/where-
champions-shine-work-in

Thanks!

As for the guy above me, I would just like to say that I REALLY love the beginning and how you mashed that voice into the track very smoothly. It is very fluid. I feel that there could be more of a "bass" feeling in the song, and I think there are too many higher frequencies (or something I'm no expert). The drop could have definitely been much more powerful.

Check my SoundCloud Here!

Herdunculus
Herdunculus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 21st, 2011 @ 02:27 AM Reply

Oh and before someone says it, the first 30 seconds or something is empty i know, it's just there for filler, because I didn't want to work on that section right away. I am also going to make a much more strong drop! I just need ideas!

Check my SoundCloud Here!

ModsSukCock
ModsSukCock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 21st, 2011 @ 02:56 PM Reply

Kirby super star- save theme
This is a wip that I need help with.

• kirby save hut groove -wip-
    kirby save hut groove -wip- by ModsSukCock

Click to listen.

Score
    3.56 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 21st, 2011 @ 11:28 PM Reply

I will be reviewing everything on page 10 because I feel like giving back to the community. Merry Christmas everyone!

At 11/28/11 01:04 AM, lhavf wrote: Here is a song that I am working on, please give your advice and criticism about basically anything.

I love the airy feel I get from this song, it feels like I'm soaring above the clouds. Or at the very least strolling through a town at night time. The harp is too aggressive, if you sub your guitar make sure it's very legato and smooth. You wight want to consider cutting out some repetition, adding a few melodies in would make it a more interesting track.

At 11/28/11 11:14 PM, Cleverhill wrote: Any suggestions how I shall continue this one?

I imagine a countryside in medieval times when I hear this song. I think you should continue the pattern you built up to near the end for a bit. But then fade out and have a solo flute play the pattern with light percussion to give a little more emotion that way. Overall I like the track, the beginning was jagged and rough but I have a feeling you were going for that.

At 11/30/11 02:32 AM, Muesical-Pope wrote: Here be my WIP please give me some direction suggestions if u can -_- im just doodling so far.

I like the upbeat feel of this track. It's kind of a little crazy, and unfocused. The notes sound good though, and the match the bassline. Maybe have a drum or bass break somewhere in there then build up to a next part. But basically focus your notes and you'll have a polished piece.

At 11/30/11 02:36 AM, ChimeraNoise wrote: At 11/30/11 07:38 AM, Xyresic wrote:

These tracks were deleted, sorry!

At 11/30/11 09:25 PM, Tc572 wrote: My WIP

Near the beginning, the melody seems to be taking a back seat to the bass, then fades in so much it drowns the bass out. I like the melodies they're very catchy, but unfortunately also repetitive. There is a lot of repetition in the song. But, the song sounds nice, I could see clubs playing it as the dring kick and bass would sound great with a large sub-woofer.

At 12/1/11 12:12 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Just curious if there is anything that someone else thinks i can do with this, i have some ideas, but just curious

There's nothing really to say, the melody, bass, drums and rhythms are well fleshed out and the repetition is far apart and hard to notice. The instruments go well over each, nice track!

At 12/3/11 11:03 PM, Computer112 wrote: Anyone has criticism and suggestions. Thanks.

Sounds like a Halloween track mixed with a Battlefield track. It sounds really cool. The orchestra really defines the mood and the timpani adds that nice backbone to the whole thing. Hmm, I couldn't think of how to continue it, maybe add a solo timpani with the orchestra building up behind it? But it sounds really good.

At 12/4/11 07:48 AM, Frazmaster wrote: Kind of Ambient/Instrumental Hip-Hop/Electronica

I don't get "By the River" from this song. I get more of an abandoned town or factory. I like the ambiance of this track, it uplifts the ears and takes me away. The drums were kind of abrupt, I think an intro transition would sound clearer. The melody is simple, but it makes the track even better. Some of the synth breaks need to be fleshed out a bit.

At 12/5/11 04:21 AM, trabajaba7 wrote:

Deleted , sorry!

At 12/9/11 10:20 PM, SpaceWhale wrote: Could some of you review this? I would love some critique.

The build up with the violins is good, the bass doesn't really have depth to it. The low end needs a little more "umph", however the track really comes together, and the drop is clean and focused. I think a melody in the violin would add more flavour to the song and maybe some more variety in the basses? Overall good job.

At 12/9/11 11:41 PM, Toxicks wrote: Just started working this one, looking to see if anyone likes it,

The bass, goes through some funky notes. It sounds odd, and the glockenspiel (?) transition was very awkward. It felt like two different songs being spliced together. The idea was good by the execution needs some fine tuning. You'll be a great musician yet!

At 12/13/11 09:22 PM, Tabu112 wrote:

I'm going to do all three tracks at once here.

Hardstyle in progress

Very bouncy, and that's good for hardstyle. The melody was cool and very spacey. The whole track had a cool overtone to it. To add to it, make a build up with just synth and let the drums and bass just come in and make the track just dance worthy. The potential is huge here.

More work on to hard trance

It's the same as the first one? I'm not sure what you added, haha.

Trancer ll

Very soft, like it's whispering into my ears gently. I love the waves and the gentleness of the track. It's calm and collect which complement the vocals. There's lots to listen to, but it doesn't overpower my ears to take away from the centerpiece vocals. Very good track.

At 12/14/11 02:51 AM, ModuleMusic wrote: Would love some outside opinion on the song itself and mix :)

Nice, I like when remix start of with the original so I can compare the two. I like the touch of Navi in the background. The track has a very focused touch to it. The build up was a little odd, I've never really heard it go up and down. I like how the tracks original identity is still intact in the track. My complaint is that the bass is very drowned, and dubstep being a bass driven genre, I think the bass should get more justice.

At 12/18/11 10:37 AM, DdottodD wrote: SONG! Can someone please review this?!

The piano is very strong and piercing. It overpowers a lot of the instruments. The bass has a nice growl to it, and the melody sounds nice over top of it. I like the synth break, the drums come back in nicely and cleanly. The bass is kind of repetitive but the melody covers it and makes the track sound nice. My only suggestion would be to add more flavour and variety.

At 12/21/11 02:24 AM, Herdunculus wrote: Hey! I've finally started working on making another track again, and this time, I would like someone other than me, who has listened to the same thing over and over, to hear it and give me feedback.

The the staccato synths sound a little weird to me at least. The bass sounds nice, kind of a mix between talking and growling. The end was very abrupt, i'm not sure if that was just for the WIP or not though. Good track, very refined.

At 12/21/11 02:56 PM, ModsSukCock wrote: Kirby super star- save theme
This is a wip that I need help with.

Very repetitive, I have a feeling you gave up on adding the little extras to the song. However the base song sounds nice and very true to the original. It just needs a bit more effort and it could be great.

And that's it! Merry Christmas Audio forum. I didn't realize how many talented people I never heard of there were. But it goes to show that I didn't look aha. Probably the longest post I've ever made, but it was for the good of the musicians! Good luck to the final projects of all these people!

To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
gavkay21
gavkay21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 28th, 2011 @ 07:40 PM Reply

So iam having a little trouble with the second drop on this song. Its just want to finish it its been a WIP for to long!!

Just pop an review on the track and i will get it and iam sure i could give you some tips/reviews back.

• Alien Wire(WIP)
    Alien Wire(WIP) by gavkay21

Click to listen.

Score
    4.53 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    House
    Popularity

Marfles
Marfles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 09:49 AM Reply

Is this really that bad or are people fucking with me?
DR.FOOD
So far it has a horrible score from 3 votes yet has 3 downloads with it.
I don't get it..
DR.FOOD

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 01:45 PM Reply

• -:: Cold River ::-
    -:: Cold River ::- by Computer112

Click to listen.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

certainly not finish. I don't know what's wrong but I feel something missing.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
Sottaceti
Sottaceti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Writer
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 11:45 PM Reply

I've no clue what to add. I don't really think it is lacking anything, but another part might not hurt. I would also like to know what I am doing wrong and should do better! Thank you very much. :)

• Astral Theme (?)
    Astral Theme (?) by Sottaceti

Click to listen.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

BBS Signature
Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Jan. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:45 PM Reply

need some direction

DJDrAppa
DJDrAppa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Jan. 4th, 2012 @ 04:39 AM Reply

At 1/3/12 10:45 PM, Tabu112 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 64342
need some direction

Your kicks need more of a hit, the Tok kinda sound. You got the effects down and everything but Your kicks need more emphasis in my opinion.

I would like some thoughts on my song, kinda going for a travel through life kinda theme. But kinda stuck in a rut for the second half and I don't know if I like the bassy wobbley thing in the intro.

Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Qelaion
Qelaion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Jan. 5th, 2012 @ 11:38 PM Reply

aw ye b0i

BC | SC | FB
Click the sig for my Youtube.

BBS Signature
Qelaion
Qelaion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Jan. 6th, 2012 @ 02:49 AM Reply

At 1/5/12 11:38 PM, ProdigalAudio wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 64633
aw ye b0i

disregard this submission, I'm already finished it

BC | SC | FB
Click the sig for my Youtube.

BBS Signature
Nechura
Nechura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Jan. 6th, 2012 @ 07:14 AM Reply

• Untitled Dubstep (Demo)
    Untitled Dubstep (Demo) by Nechura

Click to listen.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

So like, I'm not sure if this needs a snare change or if it needs more processing and EQ but I'm on the wall about it. I was going for that wide, flat sound which I think I almost have but it just.. I dunno' if it's right. So yeah, change the snare or leave it?

I'm not sure about the reverb either. I'm trying for a deep atmosphere but I'm not sure if I've over-done it or not. Anyways, yeah. Is this worth fixing up or should I just scrap it?

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Jan. 6th, 2012 @ 07:30 AM Reply

At 1/6/12 07:14 AM, Nechura wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 64747
So like, I'm not sure if this needs a snare change or if it needs more processing and EQ but I'm on the wall about it. I was going for that wide, flat sound which I think I almost have but it just.. I dunno' if it's right. So yeah, change the snare or leave it?

I'm not sure about the reverb either. I'm trying for a deep atmosphere but I'm not sure if I've over-done it or not. Anyways, yeah. Is this worth fixing up or should I just scrap it?

scrap it.

nah man, it sounds really good, the bassline is captivating, and your drum patterns are solid, but the snare definitely needs some work. i feel like maybe the transient punches through a bit too much? could also do with a bit more low-mids, and possibly a touch of reverb.

Nechura
Nechura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Jan. 6th, 2012 @ 07:33 AM Reply

At 1/6/12 07:30 AM, jarrydn wrote: scrap it.

nah man, it sounds really good, the bassline is captivating, and your drum patterns are solid, but the snare definitely needs some work. i feel like maybe the transient punches through a bit too much? could also do with a bit more low-mids, and possibly a touch of reverb.

Lol aight, thanks man. I'll get to work.

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Jan. 6th, 2012 @ 08:03 AM Reply

• Tainted Love [Demo]
    Tainted Love [Demo] by NeonProject

Click to listen.

Score
    3.49 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity

Could do with some advice on how to improve this.
Vocals are definitely going to be added later, but I'm more focused on the music at the minute.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Works In Progress Advice Thread! Jan. 8th, 2012 @ 06:50 PM Reply

I've decided to work this one over again... any suggestions on what should be changed would be most appreciated. ;)

• The Rise of Carthage
    The Rise of Carthage by samulis

Click to listen.

Score
    4.36 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer