00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Petepan09 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writers Guild Strike

50,859 Views | 343 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 12:45:10

I dont understand this fully.

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 12:45:23

At 11/22/07 12:30 PM, Snake-Arsenic wrote: Won't striking just lower the amount of writers, force the companies to get new ones and end up getting the strikers fired/replaced?

Last time they striked they caused 500 million bucks for hollyweird

hiring new writers would be dumb people would be able to tell if it was new writers

Penis. Funny.

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 12:45:43

No more Heroes for now.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 12:47:17

i heard about this... wll happy thanksgiving anyway, i suppose

I reject your reality and substitute my own!- Adam Savage, Mythbusters

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 12:47:25

writers guild strike sucks balls... it hit family guy about 1 1/2 weeks ago

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 12:48:26

I think that this strike is good for both the writers and who ever pays them. A family member of mine is part of guild. My uncle is part of the guild and I am all for the strike. It shows that the writers are no longer push overs and they should keep revolting and striking until they reach agreement. Viva la Strike.

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 12:49:44

You want to show hollywood just what exactly they are missing without the actors eh? Well, think it about it this way NG. Those who submit material are writers, producers, editors, directors, and everythging else that gets put into a "show". Without writers... you have no "show". It's like having a car without its engine.... ya it looks cool... but can't get anywhere with it. Show we as newgrounds should support these writers and do what we do best. animate!!!!
think about it... we as a whole might not be a huge amount, but we all have a voice. If we as a nation stopped going to the movies....watching T.V and suporting hollywood during this strike. Then maybe... just maybe we can do more for these writers. Not all of us can be on that picket line... but most of us can do simple things. Tell your friends, family, and anyone in earshot to stop supporting hollywood while they try to diminish the need for writers.
OH! you mean for newgrounds..... >.>
well. lets do what we are good at... spoof the heck out of hollywood and spam them into submission!

okay okay okay.... in all seriousness... Hit them where it hurts. thier wallets. show hollywood we dont need them. the writers dont need them. they make enough money to give these writers these small things we are asking for. And what better way then to display that here on NG! \m/ >.< \m/

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 12:52:33

What better way for newgrounds to show it's support than a flash collab.

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 12:54:08

How about a collab with anyone who wants to make something, and then people can donate money or something, I don't know, go writers!

I... am... god!!!!!! No, not really.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 12:54:11

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 12:55:52

At 11/22/07 12:28 PM, Wonchop wrote: Let's make jokes involving bowling or baseball.
Geddit? Writer's STRIKE? Ahahaha!

I would groan if it didnt seem like a retarded and predictable thing to say.

Oh wait, this is newgrounds.

*GROAN*

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 12:58:47

well first of all the writers club could stop writing and the BBS should be closed until until the strike is the collab idea is pretty good we start putting up banners on all the custom userpage heades and sigs hell NG should go on strike with the writers i'll get a plane ticket and fly to New York & go on strike with those unfortunate bastards

friend code:0001-3483-6829

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:00:26

I don't know if I support the strike or not :/
Its hard to tell if the writers are being exploited and if rights are violated
Or if they just want to make more cash...

another 4 cents

What ever the case, this really isn't important to me; There's far worse things going on.

But, an art contest sounds good. Heh, Newgrounders making political cartoons sounds funny :)
Plus, These political cartoons would catch peoples attention, The press may even want to use a few if they're good enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:03:02

for the love of allah no more contests.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:04:00

At 11/22/07 12:16 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Does anyone have any thoughts on how we can best show our support to the writers?

Do the hockey pockey!

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:05:11

Here's an idea: Send Bedn in to steel their pickett signs.

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:07:24

Stupid strike. Im in to help in anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:08:27

This is a labor relations issue and has to be seen as that rather than just something that makes you watch reruns. These are real people who don't make a lot of money (average 60-80 grand a year) whos work is being used to make yet more money that they aren't getting a cut of.

I made a topic about this a few day ago that
has links to some interesting facts. But what I like the most is that even though cbs stopped paying david lettermans company he's kept paying his employees.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:09:40

I knew Hollywood couldn't survive with good writers. Nobody really gives the writers credit, and I plan to be a pro writer someday, so let's show our support with a day or collab. I'm in.

bomarc

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:13:35

To make things worse, the Broadway stage hands went on strike too. Over 2/3 of the shows are closed!

A friend of mine went to New York this week, and only three shows were playing.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:18:24

actually the strike doesnt include animation writers. i dont know where she got that from but my animation teacher with limitless connections in the industry said that animation was unaffected by the strike, which is why we'll still get new episodes of cartoons but not other shows.

the studios should meet the writers demands, no arguments there. everyone wants their late night TV back. but apparently this strike won't affect animators one bit. we'll remain as overworked and underappreciated as always.

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:19:52

There fighting for a good cause but it sure dose get annoying with no good TV lol.

My Idea:

Host a comp. Like a Halloween comp. but for the writers strike. Then get a some top flash ask the writers guild strike about show casing them and maybe, just maybe we could egt some good publicity.

LTN for life <o_o>

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:20:07

on TV one of the writers said they don't get paid they said they work for free

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:20:13

Hahaha! SAG!

At 11/22/07 12:20 PM, TheAmateurAnimator wrote: Maybe we can bring our tank to back up the writers. Nobody's going to cross the picket line if there's a fucking tank in the way.

Fuck yeah! No one's gonna go against a fucking tank! We should make the whole place like 300 and kick their asses! (Well with a tank too.)

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:21:30

and also happy thanksgiving!!!!!

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:22:39

what aboat the tankmen crew?

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:34:22

Hey Tom why don't we hold a contest for best flash or music video to support the writers. Each flash will be will represent the writers and by doing this we can send a clear message to help the writers who work hard.

yo what's up hope you have a good day.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:42:57

Yay! ^_^

//Newgrounds Anti Spam Petition//Brawl Friend Code: 1934 2126 9747/ Wii Number: 4796 8198 3995 9066

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:45:45

I think a Collab would do nicely. No prize money or anything of the sort, but just animators that think that the Writers Guild should get what they deserve. Some people here are very creative here. I'm sure a lot of people would like to volunteer.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Guild Strike 2007-11-22 13:48:30

Why would we want to support those parasites?

BBS Signature