New Topic Respond to this Topic
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 15th, 2008 @ 07:01 PM Reply

Smc? Aren't you gonna respond to my arguments?

Creator of the Death Note club
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
Kaabi
Kaabi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 17th, 2008 @ 07:38 PM Reply

I can't read any of the posts cause I don't want anything spoiled, but I just want to say, DEATH NOTE IS AWESOME!

AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 17th, 2008 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 2/15/08 07:01 PM, e-lord wrote: Smc? Aren't you gonna respond to my arguments?

No. Its an opinion arguement, not a fact arguement.

That arguement is like arguing about science VS religion.

Plus your stuborn so even if it was a fact arguement you wouldn't accept it.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 18th, 2008 @ 08:36 PM Reply

Fucking hell, this club is doing well! I've not been able to post due to my 30 day ban and only just remembered this club.

How are you guys all doing?

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 18th, 2008 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 2/18/08 08:36 PM, Gagsy wrote: Fucking hell, this club is doing well!

At first it was, now there are barely any postes made.

I've not been able to post due to my 30 day ban and only just remembered this club.

Understandable.

How are you guys all doing?

A lot better now that your here.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 18th, 2008 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 2/18/08 08:42 PM, smc316 wrote:
At first it was, now there are barely any postes made.

Well we'll change that! I should post images of Death Note stuff I want online! Maybe we all could show the items we want (if any)!

Understandable.

I see this was a heated discussion before (not read though), should I ask what happened?

A lot better now that your here.

Aww thankies!

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 18th, 2008 @ 09:00 PM Reply

At 2/18/08 08:52 PM, Gagsy wrote: Well we'll change that!

Yup, defiantly!

I should post images of Death Note stuff I want online! Maybe we all could show the items we want (if any)!

The only death note item I want is death note on DVD.

I see this was a heated discussion before (not read though), should I ask what happened?

No you shouldn't ask. XD

I was saying the last episode didn't have a main focus so that wasn't good but e-lord said that since it didn't have a main focus it was what made it good.

Your thoughts?

Aww thankies!

No problem.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 18th, 2008 @ 09:30 PM Reply

At 2/18/08 09:00 PM, smc316 wrote:
Yup, defiantly!

=D

The only death note item I want is death note on DVD.

Bah! Guess I'm the only sucker who's into merchandise too! Besides wanting the dvds for the anime and the films I got my eye on a notebook Death Note and plushes! =O

No you shouldn't ask. XD

I was saying the last episode didn't have a main focus so that wasn't good but e-lord said that since it didn't have a main focus it was what made it good.
Your thoughts?

I actually liked the ending, but only because of how Light's reaction to being found out was brilliant. The maddening way he still tries to make everyone believe his lies right to the end before losing his mind completely.

The conclusion of how Near outsmarted Light was good, but I still don't care for him at all, and I just wish he could of died too along with Mello. The fact is (I think) the last episode is the best one since L died, we all know the series looked terrible after that.

Matsuda shooting Light was excellent.

Perhaps it all a little all over the place, but I think it just about worked in the time slot they had, and Lights slow death was a joy and an upset to watch.

Two moments in the final made it awesome;

1. When Light is running injured past the chain fence and one the other side is the spirit of his high school self, the innocent good guy just walking past the broken killing machine that is Kira. Just beautiful.

2. Light seeing L's ghost/spirit/something as he lay dying. Yaoi lives on in death.

I'm rambling a bit =3

No problem.

<3

Death Note Club

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 18th, 2008 @ 11:05 PM Reply

At 2/18/08 09:30 PM, Gagsy wrote: Bah! Guess I'm the only sucker who's into merchandise too! Besides wanting the dvds for the anime and the films I got my eye on a notebook Death Note and plushes! =O

Is that death note authentic?

The fact is (I think) the last episode is the best one since L died, we all know the series looked terrible after that.

The episode was good, its just that I didn't like how it was cramming in as much as possiable in so little time and didn't focus on just one character.

And I liked death note all along, hell the only episodes I don't like that much are episodees 18 - 22 the rest is excellent.

Matsuda shooting Light was excellent.

Everyone new from the second episode he would do something major on the last episode.

Actually orignally I thought he(Matsuda) was L.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
jboking
jboking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 01:39 AM Reply

hey, id like to join. ive watched the first 20 episodes and i like it alot.
L is a badass and in my oppinion, far better than light.
ps. thanks for the warnings on the potential spoilers, ill make sure to watch the last 17 episodes soon so i can actually read the things. lol

Clubs:
Death Note Club
Playstation empire

AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 01:05 PM Reply

At 2/19/08 01:39 AM, jboking wrote: hey, id like to join. ive watched the first 20 episodes and i like it alot.

Your in.

L is a badass and in my oppinion, far better than light.

I like them both a lot.

I take it your on L's side, not light's?

ps. thanks for the warnings on the potential spoilers, ill make sure to watch the last 17 episodes soon so i can actually read the things. lol

No problem. = P

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 21st, 2008 @ 05:12 PM Reply

Double post.

E-lord is banned, so i'm in charge till he returns.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 22nd, 2008 @ 02:22 AM Reply

I miss L--the first one.
My interest in the show waned when he died, but I kept going on the pure knowledge that Light dies in the end and I wanted to see. I hated him for killing Ryuuzaki and I knew that if Light was out-witted, then it would be devastating, I needed a front row seat.
I think Misa should have died too.

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 22nd, 2008 @ 01:46 PM Reply

Hey, everyone, I'm back. Being banned sucks.

SPOILER WARNING ON THIS POST

At 2/22/08 02:22 AM, knuxrouge wrote: I miss L--the first one.

Put a spoiler warning for gods sake!

My interest in the show waned when he died, but I kept going on the pure knowledge that Light dies in the end and I wanted to see.

Yeah, and he did, heh.

I hated him for killing Ryuuzaki and I knew that if Light was out-witted, then it would be devastating, I needed a front row seat.

Wait, what? I thought you said you WANTED Light to be out-witted?

I think Misa should have died too.

She does. Although it's not mentioned in the Anime, she commits suicide a year after Light dies.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 22nd, 2008 @ 02:27 PM Reply

*SPOILERS*

At 2/22/08 01:46 PM, e-lord wrote: Hey, everyone, I'm back. Being banned sucks.

AND I WAS JUST GETTING USED TO MY COMFY THRONE TOO.

She does. Although it's not mentioned in the Anime, she commits suicide a year after Light dies.

I personally thought it was obvious she commits suicide just by watching the anime's end.

I think L's death was really sad, I wish they would go in dept with all his achievments and what his real name is and what his life was before the kira case began. Like in the 6th harry potter book when they kill off dumbledoor and in the 7th book they explain his life in detail.

I wish they did that, they could have also explainned Watari's and Ray Peneber's Fiancee's lifes while they were at it.

They could have explainned all this in the Mello and Near ark.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 22nd, 2008 @ 11:29 PM Reply

At 2/22/08 01:46 PM, e-lord wrote: Put a spoiler warning for gods sake!

My bad.

Wait, what? I thought you said you WANTED Light to be out-witted?

Yes, I hate Light.

Grand.

At 2/22/08 02:27 PM, smc316 wrote: I personally thought it was obvious she commits suicide just by watching the anime's end.

I had no solid proof, so I wasn't going to jump to conclusions.

in any case...
All the episodes of Death Note (and some bonuses) all on a Silver platter.

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 23rd, 2008 @ 12:17 AM Reply

Oh, and Zetsubo Billy, the second ending theme.

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 23rd, 2008 @ 01:38 AM Reply

At 2/22/08 11:29 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Yes, I hate Light.

Why do you watch 37 episode long animes if you hate the main character?

Grand.

Sure as hell is.

You see her wearing all black and looking emo standing on the edge of a bridge.....how can you not make a inferrence of what happens?

Piracy = Bad.

But if you mus insist......

This is a better place for watching death note episodes.

Its already in a list and its only slightly out of order.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 23rd, 2008 @ 03:57 AM Reply

At 2/23/08 01:38 AM, smc316 wrote:
At 2/22/08 11:29 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Yes, I hate Light.
Why do you watch 37 episode long animes if you hate the main character?

Because I only started hating him after the 25th and like I said earlier, I kept going on the knowledge that he dies in the end.

You see her wearing all black and looking emo standing on the edge of a bridge.....how can you not make a inferrence of what happens?

She wore all black and emo and shit when she was sing her little song too, while playing the main role of Kira. That proves nothing.

Piracy = Bad.

I have no clue what you are talking about, I just posted links.

But if you mus insist......

This is a better place for watching death note episodes.

And how is this any different from mine?
My list is in order and includes extra stuff.

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 23rd, 2008 @ 10:45 AM Reply

At 2/23/08 03:57 AM, knuxrouge wrote: Because I only started hating him after the 25th and like I said earlier, I kept going on the knowledge that he dies in the end.

What did you think of light before episode 25?

She wore all black and emo and shit when she was sing her little song too, while playing the main role of Kira. That proves nothing.

Yeah, because whe was depressed that she was killing others again. Although this depression is very temporary.

And how is this any different from mine?

Because this list isn't a bunch of links and their is no possibility of them being removed and it removes the possibility of a broken link.

My list is in order and includes extra stuff.

Extra stuff?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 23rd, 2008 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 2/23/08 12:17 AM, knuxrouge wrote: Oh, and Zetsubo Billy, the second ending theme.

Oh gawd, not that.

The second ending and beginning theme suck major balls.

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 23rd, 2008 @ 10:57 AM Reply

At 2/23/08 10:54 AM, e-lord wrote: Oh gawd, not that.

The second ending and beginning theme suck major balls.

Really? I like them. I find it so funny how they keep saying things like "Human sucker" and "Human fucker" over and over......well yeah, I fuck humans.....is that so wrong? I like how it sounds like metal when it isn't and I find the lyrics very funny.

The second one isn't commical but it sounds really good and like it.

I just plain out like the first OP and the second ending, the only one I don't like is the first ending.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 23rd, 2008 @ 11:00 AM Reply

HOLY SHIT SPOILERS

Knuxrouge...

L is indeed my favorite character. I also love Light as a main character too. I was sad when L died, and was killed by Light. However, I wanted Light's plan to succeed, and I still liked him as a main character. Why? Because he out-witted everyone. Including L. So, now that Light was L's successor, he should've won, because it would show that no one could surpass L except for Light. That's why I hated that Near. He managed to surpass L and Light. I rooted for Light to the end.

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 23rd, 2008 @ 11:08 AM Reply

*Spoilers*

I liked both L and Light a lot but I was angry at light for killing L when L might have been serious about Light being his one and only friend.

Betrayed by your only friend, how is that not a sad death?

I wanted Near to win and Light to get what he deserves, only not die. Like we see him get reincarnated into a shinigami or something.

I thought the last few episodes would be a draw between Light and Near and that mello would come in, do something unexpected and make light lose while losing in the process thus making near the victor.

Thats why I was angry when they killed off mello such a way, its like bumping off a main character for no good reason or plot reason at all!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 23rd, 2008 @ 11:48 PM Reply

At 2/23/08 10:54 AM, e-lord wrote: The second ending and beginning theme suck major balls.

The opening is too much for me, I love the ending.
The first themes I like too, they feel more contemporary, for you rarely see metal in anime.

At 2/23/08 11:00 AM, e-lord wrote: HOLY SHIT SPOILERS
L is indeed my favorite character. I also love Light as a main character too.

I was cool with Light up until he killed L. That should also answer smc's question.

I was sad when L died, and was killed by Light. However, I wanted Light's plan to succeed, and I still liked him as a main character.

Why?

Because he out-witted everyone. Including L.

Thats true, I won't deny that, although L was right the whole time, he was out-witted by Light. But you must know that L figure just about everything out before dying. I also hate Rem as well, As long as MIsa was being used by Light, Rem was the main factor of power. When Rem figured out Light's plan, Rem could have just killed Light for willingly endangering Misa's life. Remember that Rem said if Misa was endangered in anyway, it would kill Light. Even though Rem had control, damn shinigami was just stupid...

So, now that Light was L's successor, he should've won, because it would show that no one could surpass L except for Light. That's why I hated that Near. He managed to surpass L and Light. I rooted for Light to the end.

Near only managed to surpass L and Light because with Melo's help, alone, he couldn't do it. I didn't care who won, as long as Light lost. L needed to be avenged. He died at the hands of someone he thought was his friend. Thats underhanded by alot of means. Seeing Near as the main enemy of Kira, I was rooting for Near. I can say that I never wanted Light to win.

At 2/23/08 11:08 AM, smc316 wrote: Thats why I was angry when they killed off mello such a way, its like bumping off a main character for no good reason or plot reason at all!

I liked Melo as well, but you can tell by his rare appearances that he was only there for a specific reason. When he teamed up with Near, he knew he was going to die. It all came down to avenging L, using the methods that L used.
But, had it not have been for Melo's help, they all would have died and Light would have won. Mikami would have actually used the real Death Note, saw all their names, killed them and Light, already knowing Melo's name would have killed him too. His death was necessary for Light to lose.

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 24th, 2008 @ 08:58 AM Reply

At 2/23/08 11:08 AM, smc316 wrote:
I thought the last few episodes would be a draw between Light and Near and that mello would come in, do something unexpected and make light lose while losing in the process thus making near the victor.

....... LOL

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

Mello kidnapped Takada so Mikami could write her name in the Death Note, thus allowing the SPK to steal Mikami's Death Note, and replace it for a replica.

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 26th, 2008 @ 10:07 AM Reply

You know, its came to my attention, after watching the 25th episode of Death Note again, that L most likely knew that Rem was going to kill him.
It really makes sense. In that slightly homo-erotic scene when L dries off Light's feet, he says that he's sad, then he say's "You'll find out soon" or something like that. Nothing more depressing than knowing you're going to die and there is no way to avoid it. Now with a short series like Death Note, they wouldn't leave people hanging by not showing us in arbitrary fashion, why he was sad. Its the only explanation.
What he didn't know was, why Rem was going to kill him, nor who provoked Rem to kill him.

In semi-related terms, doesn't it look like Light's mastubating really fucking hard?

Death Note Club

BBS Signature
Tahmatassu
Tahmatassu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 26th, 2008 @ 01:45 PM Reply

At 2/26/08 10:07 AM, knuxrouge wrote: You know, its came to my attention, after watching the 25th episode of Death Note again, that L most likely knew that Rem was going to kill him.
It really makes sense. In that slightly homo-erotic scene when L dries off Light's feet, he says that he's sad, then he say's "You'll find out soon" or something like that. Nothing more depressing than knowing you're going to die and there is no way to avoid it. Now with a short series like Death Note, they wouldn't leave people hanging by not showing us in arbitrary fashion, why he was sad. Its the only explanation.
What he didn't know was, why Rem was going to kill him, nor who provoked Rem to kill him.

I think he said "I am sad" because he knew that the Kira case was going to take a big turn, either Light would be proved Kira, or then he (L) would die, which would both be big minuses for him (Since he liked Light as a friend even if he knew Light was Kira, and dying sucks duh)
"You\ll find out soon" just showed that they\d both see which was going to happen.

In semi-related terms, doesn't it look like Light's mastubating really fucking hard?

I dunno, but it does look really scary.

-FoXes Club-
----------------------------
"But one hundred years to a steadfast heart are but a day" - Maleficent, Sleeping Beauty.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 26th, 2008 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 2/26/08 10:07 AM, knuxrouge wrote:
It really makes sense. In that slightly homo-erotic scene when L dries off Light's feet

Best scene of the whole show. I'm not kidding. It had girls screaming with delight at their screens I imagine.

Not really, just looks insanely evil. I hated that song they used for the second part of it =[

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Death Note Club Feb. 26th, 2008 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 2/24/08 08:58 AM, e-lord wrote: THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

In a sense yeah but overall no.

I don't like the idea of mello and near working toghter somewhat in the end, I wanted them to still be enemies and still alive on the last episode.

2nd to last episode ends with a tie between near and light who just met in person, neither can do anything to the other.

Then the last episode the stand off contioues, mello shows up and does something really unexpected causeing light to lose and lose himself.

Mello kidnapped Takada so Mikami could write her name in the Death Note, thus allowing the SPK to steal Mikami's Death Note, and replace it for a replica.

Yeah, that was stupid. It would look like this from light's eyes before he learned Near and mello were toghter;

"I'M MELLO. I'M GONNA KIDNAP KIRAS SPOKES PERSON AT THE COST OF KILLING MY ONLY REMAINNING MAN. THEN I'M GONNA MAKE HER TAKE ALL HER CLOTHES OFF WHILE HANDING HER A BALNKET WHICH SHE COULD USE TO HIDE A PIECE OF THE DEATH NOTE IF SHE HAS IT. THEN I'M GONNA LEAVE HER ALONE WHERE SHE COULD USE THAT PIECE OF DEATH NOTE SHE WAS POSSIABLY HIDING."

Jesus, it was sort of obvious mello and near were working toghter that episode they killed mello, Takuda and matt off.

They could have at least made it look like mello was planning to do something else without revealing he was obviously with near.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature