New Topic Respond to this Topic
FloppyDiskClock
FloppyDiskClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Dec. 30th, 2007 @ 01:03 PM Reply

This time round I should be able to recognise a lot of you people from your face and not by searching for people wearing NG shirts.

BBS Signature
NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Dec. 30th, 2007 @ 10:14 PM Reply

At 12/30/07 01:03 PM, FloppyDiskClock wrote: This time round I should be able to recognise a lot of you people from your face and not by searching for people wearing NG shirts.

I'm probably never going to wear the NG tank shirts again. The mod meets just completely overexposed me to them. Still diggin' the newer additions to the store though.

I just joined like 2 months ago

Rejoined, maybe ya mean? Sinjid was quite a while ago and then you seemed to go on hiatus for a few years, ironically returning with a game strikingly similar to Sinjid :P

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Dec. 30th, 2007 @ 11:10 PM Reply

At 12/30/07 12:53 PM, Krinn wrote: I live in London (Central) and I'd love to meet up with other NG people.

- Krin

Yeah you can show up on the 19th.. thats when the actual meetup is taking place, some people are just showing up a few days earlier cause we're coming from far away.

Drop me a msg as the date nears and ill fill you in on details and give you some contact info.

None

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Dec. 30th, 2007 @ 11:12 PM Reply

by the way i added a countdown timer courtesy of your pal El-presidente.. now you can bite your nails as the time counts down.

None

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Dec. 30th, 2007 @ 11:39 PM Reply

triple post.

This is just a small side story, originally before this actually became a huge ass ng uk meet i was supposed to be going to london with my parents...my original idea was that id get together with a few people from before and itd be low key.. it would have been humorous to have the meet and have me be the only one with my parents and my sisters there... they eventually chose not to go through with it tho.. the dollar is like at an all time weak currency and in t heir opinion not worth going.

My dad hates going to cold weather also... he wanted to goto cancun.

None

Lalo
Lalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Animator
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Dec. 30th, 2007 @ 11:57 PM Reply

At 12/30/07 11:39 PM, Luis wrote: My dad hates going to cold weather also... he wanted to goto cancun.

CANCUN FTW!

AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 2nd, 2008 @ 01:45 PM Reply

At 11/15/07 06:37 PM, Luis wrote: im too lazy to put a caption on this pic but heres a picture from the first meet.

good turnout.

you don't need captions to know who in the entire group is luis.

BBS Signature
AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 2nd, 2008 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 11/17/07 08:02 PM, PicoZX wrote: Why London?
Why not NY?

you need to be 21 to drink in NY

BBS Signature
AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 2nd, 2008 @ 01:52 PM Reply

At 11/19/07 02:52 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
At 11/19/07 07:46 AM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: you should make the next UK meetup in the North-East.
Damn right.

What? Russia?

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 3rd, 2008 @ 12:33 PM Reply

So being that we are only about 14 days or so away, we need to start figuring out some stuff.

I want to book a place to accomidate 20 people... its somewhat of a tradition at mod meats to have lunch/dinner together so I want to do that this time with some planning ahead so we arent stuck outside looking for a place that will accomidate such a large group.

Anyone have any ideas we can bounce off each other, something reasonable and thats a pretty good vibe.. ?

Im including this picture of Tom at one of our mod dinners to keep you thinking food.

NG London Meetup 2

None

Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 3rd, 2008 @ 12:40 PM Reply

As far as DELICIOUS goes, Belgo is what I suggest. There is a Belgo right outside of Covent Garden so the location couldn't be better and the two times I've been there have been some of the most delicious times I've ever had. Clams and Cote De Bouf are all you need, forever. Not only that, but their beer selection is ENDLESS. (Pawel Kwak where it's at).

On the down side. It's pricey as fuck. You might have to sell a Kidney to get home, but it'll be worth it when you are full of delicious beers and foods.

BBS Signature
dELtaluca
dELtaluca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 3rd, 2008 @ 01:00 PM Reply

well wherever we go, they need to know its for a birthday so they will get us a cake ^^

using ShamelessPlug; NapePhysicsEngine.advertise();

BBS Signature
Mahc
Mahc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 3rd, 2008 @ 01:19 PM Reply

yeah, man. the couple of years i'v been on newgrounds (this is a new account btw) i've wanted to go to the NG meets and stuff, so this should be pretty cool. since i live near london i should be able to come, good thing i moved from scotland, eh?

Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 11:50 AM Reply

BUMP because we still haven't figured shit out.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature
BritishMoose
BritishMoose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 12:03 PM Reply

It depends what area we end up going to...Do we have an agenda?

Never forget...

BBS Signature
patu1
patu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 12:06 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 11:50 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: BUMP because we still haven't figured shit out.

yesh i bump your bump so this won't sink =]
just wanted to let you guys know that bezman is bringing me lol =] so you all have to take pictures with me =]..

BBS Signature
TheHappySheep
TheHappySheep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 12:41 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 12:06 PM, patu1 wrote: just wanted to let you guys know that bezman is bringing me lol =] so you all have to take pictures with me =]..

Who bets we get so drunk that Patu ends up with a picture of him with someones dick in his mouth?

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 01:15 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 12:03 PM, BritishMoose wrote: It depends what area we end up going to...Do we have an agenda?

Well i think the initial meeting spot will be at the london eye.. everyone had an easy time finding it last time and for the sake of making it easy we will start there.

As for what we can do... well, i'd like make a reservation or something at some point so we can sit down have some grub and mingle amongst nerds.. Aside from that, if we really dont have a particular thing in mind we could always just go about doing semi touristy shit... theres a bunch of people visiting london for the very first time and i dunno part of me thinks that it would make sense to cater to that, besides its mostly about the people and not where we go.
We dont NEEED to have a set gameplan.. last time we just sort of winged it eventually and it turned out pretty good aside from the not being able to get into restaurants because of our large group. I think once everyones tired or doesnt feel like spending anymore money then we can just head towards green park and then just have some drinks and mingle over at the flats.

Or maybe we can do a pub crawl in london, like maybe half a pint or something and move on.. i know not everyone drinks(or can) but maybe thats something we can do later in the day... or maybe thats just something i'll do on one of the previous days with the smaller group.

I dunno.. everyones idea of a good time is probably vastly different... for me personally.. i dont need to like do some extraordinary thing to spark my interest.. im more about talking to other people about a site i spend way too much time on and just sort of getting a more personal look into the userbase that newgrounds attracts.. im fine just wandering around and then just spontaneously being like hey whats over there and just go there. THEN AGAIN. I dont live in london so maybe people that do can provide better suggestions and shit.

thoughts?

None

Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 01:15 PM, Luis wrote: thoughts?

btw is anything gonna go down on the Friday?

BBS Signature
CybexALT
CybexALT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 01:39 PM Reply

I might come for a bit. As for food, it has to be China China in China town. Its a bit expensive, but I'm loaded since christmas.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 01:30 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 1/5/08 01:15 PM, Luis wrote: thoughts?
btw is anything gonna go down on the Friday?

We'll probably goto a gig on friday

None

TheHappySheep
TheHappySheep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 02:01 PM Reply

I like Luis' plan. Meet up, hang out in town for a bit, head to the flats, chill there and maybe have some drinks there or start there and head to some bars.
Im totally cool with just hanging out with people somewhere. Seems like I'd rather get to know people sober than hang out with a load of relative strangers drunk.

BBS Signature
Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 02:10 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 01:49 PM, Luis wrote: We'll probably goto a gig on friday

I meant during the daytime, Daddy-O.

BBS Signature
patu1
patu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 03:21 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 12:41 PM, TheHappySheep wrote:
At 1/5/08 12:06 PM, patu1 wrote: just wanted to let you guys know that bezman is bringing me lol =] so you all have to take pictures with me =]..
Who bets we get so drunk that Patu ends up with a picture of him with someones dick in his mouth?

lol the pictures are with my mouth closed so impossible...

BBS Signature
NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 03:21 PM, patu1 wrote:
lol the pictures are with my mouth closed so impossible...

I think some people have the impression that you yourself are coming while others reckon that Bezman is bringing the sign with your face on it. Might wanna clear that up :P

Meeting people while drunk is actually the easiest way. Shit that used to bother you about them will roll off your shoulder. Unless you're an angry drunk. Surprisingly, I'm a happy drunk, meaning that's about the only time I'm friendly. You should be so lucky as to meet me when I'm drunk! :P

BBS Signature
Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 03:46 PM Reply

I'll probably come to these when I'm old enough to drink and drive (not together obviously, lol). But, tbh I'd probably take the train, cba driving 3 hours. Anyway, have fun everyone who won't be completely bogged down with work on the 19th.

Song of the Firefly is on Steam Greenlight and Facebook. Give them a look and support the project!
------------------------------

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 03:33 PM, NegativeONE wrote: Meeting people while drunk is actually the easiest way. Shit that used to bother you about them will roll off your shoulder

I don't know - seeing as we (first person there may be slightly over-optimistic) are probably meeting each other in the flesh for the first time it would be good to be sober for a bit :P I'm all for a pub crawl once we're done with whatever during the day, though, or we could just chip in for a few guys to head down to the offie.

Incidentally - what's going on with accommodation? I probably won't know whether I'm coming or not until the last minute.

Unless you're an angry drunk. Surprisingly, I'm a happy drunk, meaning that's about the only time I'm friendly. You should be so lucky as to meet me when I'm drunk! :P

Heh :P

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 04:05 PM, Paranoia wrote: Incidentally - what's going on with accommodation? I probably won't know whether I'm coming or not until the last minute.

Well its against my code of honor to drink so early in the day anyway so the first half of the meet will be laid back we'll gather our group and wander around depending on the weather.. if its like raining or the weather is miserable we could just go and take over the namco for a bit. I'm always game for an animators vs actionscripters rematch on that air hockey shit.. if i recall artistic talent prevailed as usual.

In regards to accomidation.. as far as i know everyone who expressed that they may need to crash at the flats i've already talked to... or should have talked to..

As for plans on friday.. i dunno, me and vondark wanted to goto the tate... *begin moaning and goaning* i think what we will probably do if people dont want to do the museum shit is we'll just split into two and then gather back up for lunch. I also wanted to swing by the ice bar at some point... im a big vodka fan.. and we have no ice bars here in the us. It's one of those touristy overpriced things so i dunno if thats for anyone.. i think its 15 quid with one complimentary vodka drink and to be in a bar that resembles the inside of a freezer. If we come up with like something to do during the day that everyone is down for then ill just move the tate museum thing to sunday, its not a big deal.

Thursday (for anyone coming on thurs) is going to consist mostly of being around green park, theres people flying in at different hours and i gotta be able to get back to the flats to let them in and have them drop off their shit ... we will probably have dinner together (or tea? lmao) and maybe goto a tittie bar or something.. or just go drink shopping and begin stocking the fridge at the flats ..

I havent talked to Tom (SFB) so that could all change. He has a better perspective of cool things going on so he may have better ideas.

K thats all.

None

NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 05:06 PM Reply

I'm up for that ice bar idea. I'm afraid more than anything to go to London only to do the same stuff I could have done here, so any unique or region-specific experience I can have, I'll most likely be up for.

As for the meeting while drunk thing, I was mostly joking. "Mostly", in that it is true that I'm more friendly when drunk, but I also realize that by circumstance, we will be meeting and spending most of our time around each other sober. I, too, can't drink till the sun pisses off.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meetup 2 Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 09:52 PM Reply

I'll plugging different points of interest for the sake of getting ideas of things to do...

Heres the link to the ice bar. Reservations are recommended so if you are going to be coming along with our group on friday, PM me so i can add you.

Absolut Icebar

*Absolut is my second least favored vodka.. my least favorite is still smirnoff.

NG London Meetup 2

None