Be a Supporter!

Last.Fm Club

  • 261,222 Views
  • 9,698 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-23 17:51:06 Reply

At 11/23/09 03:55 AM, TheMaster wrote: Skindred, maybe?

They're horrendously bad, though. Saw them live supporting Flogging Molly. Once of the worst things I've ever seen.

Yeah, they're a fucking abortion, just awful. A Jamaican dude should never try guttural vocals, and the band proves it. It also proves ska and metal probably will never work together, unless Streetlight Manifesto or Catch 22 get heavier all of a sudden.

XIII13
XIII13
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-23 17:58:25 Reply

At 11/23/09 11:08 AM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 11/22/09 10:55 PM, TheWhatsit wrote: "ska-metal"
Wow, that's fucked up. It's like trying to make a soft pillow purely out of titanium and uranium.

Honestly, I laughed like a motherfucker. Maybe try Ska-punk, like the Flatliners, if you want heavier ska. :P

And my fail Last.fm account

Honestly, I look at this, and realize that my old, horrible taste in music completley rapes it. D:

Look towards my more recently played tracks if you waant to see what I like, or even better, just ask me.


This looks froody.

BBS Signature
NickScott
NickScott
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-23 18:02:31 Reply

I have all black and white photos on my last seven days thing, it looks pretty sexy.

Last.Fm Club


[ Soundcloud | HarryJarry.com | Last.fm | Kongregate | Real life? none]

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-23 18:05:34 Reply

At 11/23/09 05:58 PM, XIII13 wrote: And my fail Last.fm account

Honestly, I look at this, and realize that my old, horrible taste in music completley rapes it. D:

Look towards my more recently played tracks if you waant to see what I like, or even better, just ask me.

I hate all the bands in your top charts, haha, but we have a high rating so you can't be all that terrible really.

XIII13
XIII13
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-23 18:44:31 Reply

At 11/23/09 06:05 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 11/23/09 05:58 PM, XIII13 wrote: And my fail Last.fm account

Honestly, I look at this, and realize that my old, horrible taste in music completley rapes it. D:

Look towards my more recently played tracks if you waant to see what I like, or even better, just ask me.
I hate all the bands in your top charts, haha, but we have a high rating so you can't be all that terrible really.

I know what you mean, man. I haven't listened to most of the bands in my top charts, in like, forever. What kind of stuff you into at the moment? Maybe we are fairly close.

Ugh, I want to rape my page. Fucking Slipknot on the top charts. :C

This looks froody.

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-23 19:23:38 Reply

At 11/23/09 06:44 PM, XIII13 wrote: I know what you mean, man. I haven't listened to most of the bands in my top charts, in like, forever. What kind of stuff you into at the moment? Maybe we are fairly close.

Ugh, I want to rape my page. Fucking Slipknot on the top charts. :C

Don't get so down on yourself, man. If you enjoy it, and you're not into it for chicks, a scene, a clique, or whatever, then you are entitled to listen to them without judgement. It might sound funny coming from me, and I'll admit I forget these words a lot, but it's true. We're in America (for the most part, sorry Brits/Aussies/etc) and that means freedom.

For music, I've been listening to Paul Gilbert, Death, Atheist, some jazz, and a bit of shoegaze. I'm not sure if you'd like it though. We could be more helpful if you told us what you would like to hear.

XIII13
XIII13
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-23 19:47:00 Reply

At 11/23/09 07:23 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
Don't get so down on yourself, man. If you enjoy it, and you're not into it for chicks, a scene, a clique, or whatever, then you are entitled to listen to them without judgement. It might sound funny coming from me, and I'll admit I forget these words a lot, but it's true. We're in America (for the most part, sorry Brits/Aussies/etc) and that means freedom.

For music, I've been listening to Paul Gilbert, Death, Atheist, some jazz, and a bit of shoegaze. I'm not sure if you'd like it though. We could be more helpful if you told us what you would like to hear.

Honestly though, alot of it was from awhile ago, like Slipknot. Haven't listened to them in a long time. I just liked them when I was younger. It just kinda pisses me off that the charts don't nearly reflect what I like, especially since I change genres and styles and bands so quickly. But do I listen to it fit in or to get chicks and shit? Nah. My girlfriend hates my music, I mean, she listens to the generic pop/radio stuff, and like, one of my friends likes metal. :P

But right now, I've been into thrashy metal like A Textbook Tragedy, European progressive metal like Mnemic, and just some various metal,metalcore,deathmetal, etc as well as I just discovered Buckethead. I'm really looking for stuff the bridges the gap between death metal, thrash and progressive though, because I love how heavy death metal is, I love how complex and ingenious prog is, and I love just how crazy and intense thrash is.


This looks froody.

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-23 19:53:53 Reply

At 11/23/09 07:47 PM, XIII13 wrote: My girlfriend hates my music, I mean, she listens to the generic pop/radio stuff, and like, one of my friends likes metal. :P

I can relate to that. Most of us started listening to shit like that and worse until we really found a love for music. If I had last.fm years ago the charts would be embarrassing. My girlfriend was the same way. You could reset your plays, you know.

But right now, I've been into thrashy metal like A Textbook Tragedy, European progressive metal like Mnemic, and just some various metal,metalcore,deathmetal, etc as well as I just discovered Buckethead.

If you want Death Metal, I suggest these bands:

Death
Obituary
Dying Fetus
Gorguts
Opeth

Each are different. Obituary is straight up slow brutal death metal, Death starts out as thrashy death metal but evolves into a progressive sound, Dying Fetus is brutal political death, Gorguts is technical weird death metal, and Opeth is progressive death. As for Buckethead, look on his page for his side projects and bands.

XIII13
XIII13
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-23 20:02:43 Reply

At 11/23/09 07:53 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 11/23/09 07:47 PM, XIII13 wrote: My girlfriend hates my music, I mean, she listens to the generic pop/radio stuff, and like, one of my friends likes metal. :P
I can relate to that. Most of us started listening to shit like that and worse until we really found a love for music. If I had last.fm years ago the charts would be embarrassing. My girlfriend was the same way. You could reset your plays, you know.

Meh, I might. Seems a waste though, cuase it's kinda your history. Whatever, I'll just keep listening to stuff until I actually like the stuff thest's on my age. :P


But right now, I've been into thrashy metal like A Textbook Tragedy, European progressive metal like Mnemic, and just some various metal,metalcore,deathmetal, etc as well as I just discovered Buckethead.
If you want Death Metal, I suggest these bands:

Death
Obituary
Dying Fetus
Gorguts
Opeth

Each are different. Obituary is straight up slow brutal death metal, Death starts out as thrashy death metal but evolves into a progressive sound, Dying Fetus is brutal political death, Gorguts is technical weird death metal, and Opeth is progressive death. As for Buckethead, look on his page for his side projects and bands.

All right, cool. Will definatley look them up. Thanks man. :D

Also, I completely forgot, I'm one of those guys who trys not to lock himself in a genre, and I'm really open to anything as long as it's good. So if people find stuff they think are amzing, son't hesitate to recommend them to me. :D


This looks froody.

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-23 20:29:58 Reply

At 11/23/09 08:02 PM, XIII13 wrote: Meh, I might. Seems a waste though, cuase it's kinda your history. Whatever, I'll just keep listening to stuff until I actually like the stuff thest's on my age. :P

Yeah, my taste has grown but I never found it bad, and with the ability to delete songs or bands the reset button isn't that great.

Also, I completely forgot, I'm one of those guys who trys not to lock himself in a genre, and I'm really open to anything as long as it's good.

Good, that's a good trait to have. Here's my charts. Also Nick since when do you listen to Agalloch?

NickScott
NickScott
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-24 14:11:04 Reply

At 11/23/09 08:29 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Good, that's a good trait to have. Here's my charts. Also Nick since when do you listen to Agalloch?

I'm trying really hard to find new music that I like. I also deleted a lot of bands from my library that I really don't listen to anymore. I don't want to get stuck in this indie hipster bullshit.

and Agalloch is rly gud bro


[ Soundcloud | HarryJarry.com | Last.fm | Kongregate | Real life? none]

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-24 15:50:00 Reply

At 11/24/09 02:11 PM, NickScott wrote:
At 11/23/09 08:29 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Good, that's a good trait to have. Here's my charts. Also Nick since when do you listen to Agalloch?
I'm trying really hard to find new music that I like. I also deleted a lot of bands from my library that I really don't listen to anymore. I don't want to get stuck in this indie hipster bullshit.

and Agalloch is rly gud bro

I might be able to help, as well as other members. What kind of stuff are you looking for?

CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-24 19:18:56 Reply

Very delayed charts, was getting lazy and didn't post them. Also, over 20,000 plays, cool.

Last.Fm Club

NickScott
NickScott
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-26 02:49:40 Reply

At 11/24/09 03:50 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: I might be able to help, as well as other members. What kind of stuff are you looking for?

Um, well I'm looking into all sorts of metal (death, progressive, black) and at the moment I'm downloading Necrophagist. I really want to find some good metal bands, you guys can probably help. Experimental metal stuff.

I guess I'm looking for any genres I'm not familiar with, avant-garde, electronic, post-rock (with electronic influences), (good) jazz, hip-hop, noise, industrial, anything really. Look at my recent charts, shoot me some music please, I listen to everything. What I'm not looking for: indie/alternative bands. Also what classical should I download? super-confusing. I hope that's not too wordy. Thanks Cap'n.


[ Soundcloud | HarryJarry.com | Last.fm | Kongregate | Real life? none]

BBS Signature
NOTunowned
NOTunowned
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-26 03:28:36 Reply

the D.O.C.

PolishMatt
PolishMatt
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-26 07:10:40 Reply

At 11/26/09 02:49 AM, NickScott wrote: Necrophagist.

Very wise choice. If you turn out to liking them, I would suggest giving Beneath the Massacre a taste as well, they're very similar.

Death
Nile
The Faceless
Decapitated
Crytopsy
Arsis
Gorguts
Psycroptic
Meshuggah
Martyr
Obscura
Deeds of Flesh
Cannibal Corpse
Carnifex
Whitechapel
Stam1na
Dethklok
The Black Dahlia Murder
Mokoma
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Opeth
Lykathea Aflame
Divine Heresy
Visceral Bleeding
Spawn of Possession
Brain Drill
Suffocation
Anata
Immolation

Are also few good bands that come into mind.


Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature
XIII13
XIII13
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-26 07:36:20 Reply

At 11/26/09 07:10 AM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 11/26/09 02:49 AM, NickScott wrote: Necrophagist.
Very wise choice. If you turn out to liking them, I would suggest giving Beneath the Massacre a taste as well, they're very similar.

Beneath the Massacre is definatly good. I've only got "The Surface" but I need more by them.


This looks froody.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-26 09:37:23 Reply

At 11/26/09 02:49 AM, NickScott wrote: I really want to find some good metal bands, you guys can probably help. Experimental metal stuff.

Meshuggah,
Behold... The Arctopus,
Kayo Dot,
mauldin of the Well,
Demilich,
Age of Silence,
Arcturus,
Solefald,
Sigh,
Unexpect.


Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-26 19:21:46 Reply

At 11/26/09 02:49 AM, NickScott wrote: I guess I'm looking for any genres I'm not familiar with, avant-garde, electronic, post-rock (with electronic influences), (good) jazz, hip-hop, noise, industrial, anything really. Look at my recent charts, shoot me some music please, I listen to everything. What I'm not looking for: indie/alternative bands. Also what classical should I download? super-confusing. I hope that's not too wordy. Thanks Cap'n.

The other guys gave some good metal bands, I can't really think of any more. I'm not too familiar with indie or alternative really, sorry, I can't help you there, same with classical. Maybe some Chopin or Beethoven or Stravinsky or something.

Munchlax95
Munchlax95
  • Member since: Feb. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-29 13:32:53 Reply

Funny, I was thinking about such a topic justy now X3,
Well here's my account

Heres the compatibility of the Original Poster:

Your musical compatibility with CapnCrunchDaPmp is High

Music you have in common includes Streetlight Manifesto, Eric Johnson, Muse, They Might Be Giants and The Doors.

Tykwa
Tykwa
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-29 14:33:24 Reply

I'm such a whore.

Last.Fm Club

D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-29 14:44:45 Reply

At 11/26/09 02:49 AM, NickScott wrote: post-rock (with electronic influences)

From Monument to Masses
Pelican
God is an Astronaut
Explosions in the Sky
The Twilight Sad

(good) jazz

Charles Mingus
John Coltrane
Art Pepper
Sonny Rollins
Miles Davis
Kenny Garrett
Art Blakey
Anat Cohen
Branford Marsalis
Wynton Marsalis
Charlie Parker
Count Basie
Ornette Coleman
Path Metheny
Weather Report
Cannonball Adderley
Dave Brubeck Quartet

hip-hop

Blackalicious
Wu-Tang Clan
Atmosphere
Saul Williams
Aesop Rock
Bone Thugs-n-Harmony

noise

Lightning Bolt
Parts & Labor
Cop Shoot Cop
Japanther
Liars
Mindflayer
Shellac

industrial

Einsturzende Neubauten
Throbbing Gristle
Cabaret Voltaire

CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-11-29 20:09:57 Reply

At 11/29/09 01:32 PM, Munchlax95 wrote: Your musical compatibility with CapnCrunchDaPmp is High

Music you have in common includes Streetlight Manifesto, Eric Johnson, Muse, They Might Be Giants and The Doors.

You're such a cutie, I've never had any first timer compare my taste with theirs right away. Adorable. It seems like you have a great taste too. Welcome to the club, you'll fit right in sweetie.

NickScott
NickScott
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-01 01:48:21 Reply

thank you for your recommendations everyone! i will check them out, might be kind of slow though! (sorry)

also, a source of good music that I'm looking at is japshare, a music sharing site for obscure japanese artists of all genres.

seventeen Necrophagist plays! neat

Last.Fm Club


[ Soundcloud | HarryJarry.com | Last.fm | Kongregate | Real life? none]

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-01 16:54:03 Reply

At 11/29/09 02:44 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: The Twilight Sad

Some bands I haven't heard of are in some of the lists, I'll check them out as well. Sort of off topic, but the book/movie abomination Twilight kind of almost ruined that word for me. I used to think it was pretty and ethereal and cool, but yeah. Just putting that out there I guess.

NickScott
NickScott
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-01 17:11:10 Reply

At 12/1/09 04:54 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 11/29/09 02:44 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: The Twilight Sad
Sort of off topic, but the book/movie abomination Twilight kind of almost ruined that word for me. I used to think it was pretty and ethereal and cool, but yeah. Just putting that out there I guess.

Ughh, completely the same. I can't even say the word anymore, Twilight does not mean night anymore, it means romantic angsty vampires.


[ Soundcloud | HarryJarry.com | Last.fm | Kongregate | Real life? none]

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-01 17:23:21 Reply

At 12/1/09 05:11 PM, NickScott wrote: Ughh, completely the same. I can't even say the word anymore, Twilight does not mean night anymore, it means romantic angsty vampires.

It really is a beautiful word though. It's too bad. I can't think of any other words/phrases that were essentially ruined by a popular and criminally overrated movie/book.

Sk8erGirl14
Sk8erGirl14
  • Member since: May. 5, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-01 20:39:57 Reply

At 11/19/09 09:07 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 11/19/09 07:33 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: OH HAI GUISE

how's everyone been? :D
I've been doing pretty good, and you?

I've been alrighttt, life could always be better though lol.
In the 6 months that I have gone, nothing much happened except a new school (no music taste change, sorry BBM) andddd my parents have gotten even stricter D:

But other than that things are going fine :3

BTW CHARTS

Last.Fm Club


well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god
Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-01 20:42:17 Reply

At 12/1/09 05:23 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: It really is a beautiful word though. It's too bad. I can't think of any other words/phrases that were essentially ruined by a popular and criminally overrated movie/book.

The Twilight series aren't aiming for you as a target audience.
They're for teenage girls, and they seem to like it a lot. So it can't be that overrated.


Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
PolishMatt
PolishMatt
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-02 14:22:46 Reply

At 12/1/09 08:42 PM, Nev wrote: The Twilight series aren't aiming for you as a target audience.

It's not just mentally challenged teenage girls that are the target audience; women of all ages read that book and they all have had went to watch the movie... to which they had all enjoyed from what statistics say. Either way, I hate the movie and anyone who likes it. It's like wearing crocs, if you see someone wearing them, it's a good indicator to stay away from them.
Also, this parody on Twilight is quite humorous. Parody.


Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature