Respond to this Topic
Bilbow
Bilbow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 3rd, 2003 @ 09:09 PM Reply

when i load up the home page the buttions for flash portal,games,toons,genres and series & audio portial an sign in does not work but somtimes it will. an on the whole idea of changing new grounds around i thank it is a bad idea but if no one likes it i guess you can change it back.

Pnoykio
Pnoykio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 3rd, 2003 @ 09:16 PM Reply

The portal view page is good but everything is so close together. Like where you read the thing that a author wrote and then its the reviews. There should be a bigger gap in between so it'll make it look better.

Maktaka
Maktaka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 3rd, 2003 @ 09:18 PM Reply

Ooooh, that's niiiiice. Much more proffesional looking. My only problem is that the new voting buttons on the left-hand side take too long to display the text associated with each vote number. It's kind of annoying having them flicker like that. Oh, and please, PLEASE don't use leet speak for the BLAM vote. I really hate leet speak, and I'd really like it if I didn't have to see it on Newgrounds (at least not on every Portal page).

silverwatcher
silverwatcher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 3rd, 2003 @ 09:51 PM Reply

i really like it it looks great i like how it matches now

Supremor
Supremor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 3rd, 2003 @ 09:53 PM Reply

Dear Tom ro anyone other helpful hand (i already posted a reply on the new page, this is something different)

This is about security issues. Almost everyday i earn my experience points by voting on new protal entries. Well in the past three days I havent had to vote on 5 flash movies but only 2 or 3. One day i was able to deposite them right away. It has also said that I have voted on certain flash movies before that i have never seen or voted on in my life. It would appear that somebody has my username and/or password somehow. I was wondering if there were any way you could be able to figure out who it is, or even let me swith screen names and keep the experince points. E-mail me or please post back here. [email protected]. Thanks a lot.

BLOODFascinatesMe8
BLOODFascinatesMe8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 3rd, 2003 @ 09:55 PM Reply

What's the fucking difference??!?!

S-bot
S-bot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 3rd, 2003 @ 10:48 PM Reply

great man i luv it ^_^

New Portal View Page!

Phoenix902
Phoenix902
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 3rd, 2003 @ 11:09 PM Reply

Personaly I like it, I like the whole new layout being planned for NG. I can't wait to see this design on the games page, series page, everywhere. Little note on what I'd like to see though. Whenever you're the one to officaly BLAM a flash movie in the portal a little movie thing appears. In the spirit of the new layout, maybe a new movie is in order?

Phoenix

New Portal View Page!

Intelblow
Intelblow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 3rd, 2003 @ 11:25 PM Reply

I, personally, like the new look coz it's cool and it makes the site look more modern and somewhat more professional !!! Please finish the rest of the pages !!!

StainlessOne
StainlessOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 3rd, 2003 @ 11:50 PM Reply

ALL MY 5 ARE BELONG TO THE NEW LOOK!!!! NEWGROUNDS WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

aDao
aDao
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 3rd, 2003 @ 11:52 PM Reply

ditto it, it needed a face lift, and the speed at which its getting done is fast

Goiabaman
Goiabaman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate

beautiful... this look made ng more cool than it was before... just have to finish the other page's looks! :)

Soarin-Californian
Soarin-Californian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate

Now is the most critical time to voice your comments and criticisms! What do you think of the new look? Is anything missing? Let us know your thoughts!

I love wut u did tom but i cant add the author or submissions to my favorites!

86er
86er
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 12:45 AM Reply

At 8/2/03 01:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: We just updated the Portal view page with a new look by Stamper! It matches the current NG frontpage and Portal frontpage designs, also by Stamper.

Now is the most critical time to voice your comments and criticisms! What do you think of the new look? Is everything working properly? Is anything missing? Do you feel like this new look is cleaner and easier to understand? Let us know your thoughts!

Yea I like the new look!! It pretty cool, and for me I see nothing missing and it seems to be working properly. So good job!!

RaYveN
RaYveN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 12:47 AM Reply

At 8/2/03 01:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: We just updated the Portal view page with a new look by Stamper! It matches the current NG frontpage and Portal frontpage designs, also by Stamper.

Now is the most critical time to voice your comments and criticisms! What do you think of the new look? Is everything working properly? Is anything missing? Do you feel like this new look is cleaner and easier to understand? Let us know your thoughts!

I haven't read any other posts so for all I know everyone could be saying this already, but the links at the top of the screen on the home page don't link anywhere. The ones that go to toons, genres and series, and portal etc. I scroll over them and they do nothing. I click on them and they still do nothing

madmike88
madmike88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 01:04 AM Reply

its good

z-4-l
z-4-l
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 03:07 AM Reply

its good... ahh it fells good to be back at ng and posting. ive been at agmefaqs so long ive forgot about ng. i gotta get back in shape. oh yeah i like it very much. just noticed it today.

psychopath1
psychopath1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 03:12 AM Reply

man this is the superdupercallifragilisticwutever of ng. this shit is ultimately awesomely im incoherent from lack of sleep so in other words good job

Enoll
Enoll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 04:02 AM Reply

The little voting buttons get kinds disorientating beacuse the old little pop-up comment doesn't dissapear straight away..... and it gets annoying beacuse it makes it harder to read the little vote blurbs and see what you're clicking on.

I say put the little voting buttons back to the way they were.!

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Ice-Demon
Ice-Demon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 04:14 AM Reply

alot has changed since the 6 years ago i stumbled onto NG.

ImportRacer666
ImportRacer666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 09:08 AM Reply

Looks good. The new pages caught me off guard but they look great. The only thing I see is that the whistles could use the grey background instead of the black. Other than that, everything looks good.

sdgfasdgfdg
sdgfasdgfdg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 09:50 AM Reply

I HATE IT! EVERYTHING IS SO BULKY! MAKE IT MORE SLEEKER!!

grestof
grestof
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 10:36 AM Reply

The links to home, flash portal, games, toons, genresand series and audio portal aren't working!

skipallmighty
skipallmighty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 10:56 AM Reply

Do you feel like this new look is cleaner and easier to understand? Let us know your thoughts!

i belive that the new page setup is great but its kinda confusing for people that are used to the old setup.but honestly it just takes a little bit of looking.whitch i think isnt that hard since the new pages are so easy to look at.from what ive seen things are really easy to understand and it is a lot more cleaner.which i think is damn skipppy
-skip

pickmeup
pickmeup
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 11:48 AM Reply

I like the new look, but it loads to long

New Portal View Page!

deejaymon
deejaymon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 12:24 PM Reply

well,¸i like it but the links on top dosent work (home, portal, series, etc..) does anybody else have the same problem? if yes do you have a solution? because the only page were the links work its when i vote. and even the search option dosent work. so i prefer when the old pages were there.

MFR
MFR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 12:35 PM Reply

The speech bubbles in the vote panel is annoying

Bilbow
Bilbow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 12:53 PM Reply

after looking at the changes a second time i really like them. know i dont thank it needs to be changed

ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 01:10 PM Reply

I have one problem with this new view page on all new view pages. I cant sign in, clicking on "sign in" does nothing on the new pages. I have to go to the games section which isnt updated yet to sign in using its un-updated "sign in". Im not sure if any other users have this problem though.

SlaughterDog
SlaughterDog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to New Portal View Page! Aug. 4th, 2003 @ 01:21 PM Reply

I think the new look looks great. But the lines between things in reviews need to be brighter. And will all this fancy stuff slow down how fast I can visit this site?