00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Portal View Page!

30,870 Views | 267 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:38:09

Nice look, just one thing: the review boxes. You should let the title of the review standout a bit more. Apart from that, no critisims (yet).

Fun: THAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DIPLOMATIC IMUNITY!

To think about the world, click cat.

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:38:53

Looks nice,I like what it says for voting 0.

I Posted The Millionth Post

And Created The Hundred Thousandth Thread

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:39:18

Okay, I admit, the new layout looks good, but what is up with, "Blam this piece of @?#!"? It's just plain pathetic.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:41:03

At 8/2/03 04:39 PM, FreezeMan_Wolfwood wrote: Okay, I admit, the new layout looks good, but what is up with, "Blam this piece of @?#!"? It's just plain pathetic.

Its in 1337 speak.I kinda like it since I can already read 1337 really easy.

As for the new layout, it looks pretty good so far.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:53:44

Ryan
Yeah, I had that problem too... You wouldn't happen to have a pop up blocker, would ya? It happened to me because I had the new Google toolbar. If you have that too, hold Ctrl when you click the link.

Yeah, I use CrazyBrowser. Holding CTRL did not work for me. Thanks though. Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks.

Ryan

How you doin?

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 17:00:33

At 8/2/03 04:41 PM, Crono- wrote:
At 8/2/03 04:39 PM, FreezeMan_Wolfwood wrote: Okay, I admit, the new layout looks good, but what is up with, "Blam this piece of @?#!"? It's just plain pathetic.
Its in 1337 speak.I kinda like it since I can already read 1337 really easy.

As for the new layout, it looks pretty good so far.

What the Shit is 1337 talk. Is this a whole new fucking nerd language or something?

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 17:02:51

It looks great. I like it.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 17:04:55

Well I'm not sure about this. I liked the old one better really. It was easier this one is just so blurry. Maybe I'll get used to it, like I did with the frontpage.

I don't like that for example , you don't know if youre going to vote 3 or 4 on a movie- It just comes eppileptic stuff when you have your mouse on the votes. use see? it annoying.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 17:06:32

Nifty facelift to the main and portal entry pages.

Only issue that remains is to change the Whistle image's background (the one that appears on Under Judgement entries) from black to gray in order to match the new layout color.

Heh, I decided to start BBSing just to say that.
-- Scaper-X

New Portal View Page!

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 17:28:43

Tom it's alot better for me to understand and I like the look, how is your knew house coming along?

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 17:35:59

STOP CHANGING NG! It was better the way it was before. Also, that crappy "more" button to read the authors comments sucks. I don't like it. Sorry man, it's good but it's confusing and it was better before.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 17:36:07

Wow. I love it! I can't wait until you guys set up the new layout for the BBS.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 17:49:12

Now is the most critical time to voice your comments and criticisms! What do you think of the new look? Is everything working properly? Is anything missing? Do you feel like this new look is cleaner and easier to understand? Let us know your thoughts!

I think it looks awsome, everything looks so cool. But what you should do know is when you want to search a movie, you should give more options on what its suppose to be, like finding it by what its rated, who made it, how much points, that stuff.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 18:00:51

i really think the flash portal is better now you rule dude for making us happy lol

New Portal View Page!

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 18:01:11

Looks alot better also everything seems to be running smoother for me... Keep up tha good work.

New Portal View Page!

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 18:20:53

I liked the old one better and think u should change back. Or else!

New Portal View Page!

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 18:25:19

Front page - better than old one.
Flash Portal - better than old one.
And finnaly Portal view page - I'm not so sure.
There are two things, which I don't like in new version. First I think that you should use letters (E = everyone, A = adult), not whole word. Second, you should change colors of review box in bottom. Background of one-line summary should be done in other color than full review (like it was before). Too much italic fonts. And last thing, all NG design elements is decorated with swf flash icon from Macromedai Flash 5. I'm sure that now most flash creators are using Macromedia Flash MX, so maybe you should use this swf icon ?
\ /
\ /
\ /
V

New Portal View Page!

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 18:49:09

i noticed something wrong.

I could vote on an under judgement movie without watching it.

you don't know if i'm joking or not

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 18:50:24

please put pvote_panel.swf somewhere other than /layout

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 19:15:37

Its great! slowly working in the new layout on all the pages I see. But where did the frames come in? I read that in your last post.

At 8/2/03 01:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: We just updated the Portal view page with a new look by Stamper! It matches the current NG frontpage and Portal frontpage designs, also by Stamper.

Now is the most critical time to voice your comments and criticisms! What do you think of the new look? Is everything working properly? Is anything missing? Do you feel like this new look is cleaner and easier to understand? Let us know your thoughts!

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 19:19:12

i dont really like it but i hate the vote bar the look is ok but the way the speech bubble comes up is to slow, i dont want to have to wait to see what it has to say and go back to blam this pice of crap , fuck the children if they see the word crap or shit on this site it's not really going to harm them and $417 just looks wrong (yeah i know it stands for shit but i would rather see the work shit than $417)

-lloyd

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 19:24:29

The portal was fine before you had to change everything to fancy-new age stuff. I liked the old version better, but this is ok.

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 19:25:32

Now that looks cool. Tell that Stamper guy he is too. He should make all the graphics for NG.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 19:34:08

and since when did 4=H in 1337?

everone i know that knows this language has used 4 for A.

so then it technically says blam this piece of sait.

you don't know if i'm joking or not

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 20:02:48

That review box looks just horrible now. Please change it.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 20:09:19

I definitely like the main page and Portal page updates but the 'Portal view page' could use a couple of things:
- There's no clear separation between Author's comments and Most Recent Review. I like the separator boxes of the new layout and something similar could separate those two sections better. Or at least, you could put a grey background behind them.
- The Movie/Game rating (e.g. General, Mature) doesn't stand out. Larger font size could be better.
- The flashing text bubble with the Pico heads is a bit annoying because of the flashing and also have to wait for the text to appear. I liked the old one better.

Well, these are my opinions.

-Istvan_from_TutiTV

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 20:29:59

I like it...sleak and stylesh. you just need to change like the "game page" and stuff like that. And I liked it better when the game rateing had the giant letters like a giant M and stuff... change that back!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 20:44:53

Tom are you going to change the bbs look ever? you should give it an knew look

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 20:45:56

The update is good. ALso it seems very organized. gj :D

Like pears in rain.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 21:10:16

I agree with most people so far. Just to repeat:
I like it. Its consistant with the front page and the portal page, both of which i like.
However, I do not (and i dont think many others do either) like the new voting panel. The flashing speech bubbles hurt my eyes, and the 1337 speek aint really necessary. It just pisses me off. But hey. Also, the reviews aren't as clearly separated from the author's comments, which isn't really a problem, it would just look better, in my opinion. But altogether it looks more professional, and slick. Which is good. Oh, and the author's comments. I don't think the 'Read more' link is really necessary. Not that many people type so much that the reviews arent visible, and if they do, not that many people are that lazy not to scroll down if they want to say something in a review but can't be bothered. It probably just saves us from a lot of pointless reviews which don't say anything useful anyway. You could always try putting the reviews under the voting panel. But that might make it far too long down one side and not that much content in the center, if the author doesn't type much.
Nuff said. Good job.