00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JSkell95 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Magic: The Gathering Klub

85,454 Views | 578 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2008-09-02 17:43:37

you like gadgets huh?

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2008-09-02 22:08:39

At 8/24/08 02:20 AM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: I want to join I have a KICKASS DECK I love the ShadowMoore expansion

What do you run?

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2008-09-02 22:47:52

At 9/2/08 10:08 PM, SgtDK wrote:
At 8/24/08 02:20 AM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: I want to join I have a KICKASS DECK I love the ShadowMoore expansion
What do you run?

I use Shadowmoore Red/Black deck it is most excellent. I would also advise black/blue deck also.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2008-10-20 16:44:32

Ooh! I wanna join. I play a Black/Green deck and my favorite card is Scion of the Wild. So what does everyone think about Shards of Alara?

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2008-11-08 22:40:22

Thread seems dead but I shall post anyways. No bother requesting a membership now is there? XD

Anyways I run a Red/White/Green deck, favorite card is Woolly Thoctar, its a 5/4, 3 cost (1R,1G,1W) no abilities, easy to play, easy to win.

Anyone have some kick ass combos? This is by far a killer combo

Play only when mass amounts of Mana is ready. Also play IN THIS ORDER

Step 1: Summon "Spearbreaker Behemoth" (5 blank, 2 green. 5/5. Indestructible) [any 5/5 is good]

Step 2: Summon and equip Quietus Spike (3 blank, 3 blank equip. Creature gets deathtouch, also any direct damage to life is minus whatever the attack was, then half of what ever life you have left, rounded up)

Step 3: Summon and equip Sigil of Distinction (X cost, put X +1/+1 counters, take off 1 +1/+1 to equip) This card is good if you have lots of mana, just a huge burst of energy, for the entire game.

Step 4: Prepare to attack but first use Giant Growth for a quick +3/+3 boost. Overall you should have over 10/10 and a basic auto-win.

Scenario: Behemoth has 10 +1/+1 counters on it, plus a +3/+3 boost. 18/18 direct damge to 20 life is 2... half of 2 is 1, they are left with 1 life, plus the fact they can't kill Behemoth by creatures.

For added pwnage summon something that gives Behemoth Vigilance

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2008-11-09 00:10:40

Just startin out. Got a Shadowmoor blue/black deck yesterday, and two boosters (Shards of Allarah and Eventide) today. Not too good of stuff in there. Good thing my brother went to college and he left all of his extra cards that he doesn't use here. :D

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2008-11-09 01:51:36

willing to sell 2 sarkan vol's, 3 tezzerets, 1 elspeth.

-only as good as the weakest link-

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2008-11-09 12:34:30

At 11/9/08 12:10 AM, Twone wrote: Just startin out. Got a Shadowmoor blue/black deck yesterday, and two boosters (Shards of Allarah and Eventide) today. Not too good of stuff in there. Good thing my brother went to college and he left all of his extra cards that he doesn't use here. :D

True, but you have to check if they are legal or not

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2008-11-09 17:25:47

At 11/9/08 12:34 PM, ChaosBeam21 wrote: True, but you have to check if they are legal or not

They're not AMAZING cards, but they're better than some of the ones I got.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2008-11-19 01:38:48

I would like to join. I have a HUGE Collection of Magic cards

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2008-11-19 01:47:22

If any of you guys use magic workstation and play online hit me up sometime with a pm for a game.

I used to play the real game but it got way to expensive now the only thing I do is draft and play some FNM when I can borrow cards from people.

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-02-02 11:08:18

dark depths
get all ice counters off and get a 20/20 indestructable legendary black avatar creature with flying
card cost me $5.00
best card by far, that and avatar of woe i fancy^.^

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-02-02 13:04:23

At 9/5/03 04:40 PM, Wadezilla wrote: Ehem...

for costing one to play, thats a pretty domination card

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-04-07 16:34:58

It's been a while since I've posted here. And since I'm becoming a more avid Magic player, I realized now would be a good time to revive this club.

My blue/black Shadowmoor deck turned into a Grixis deck. I also made a Bant, Naya, and a red/black burn deck for the lulz. I have a treefolk Morningtide deck, but sadly it's not any good and I need more Lorwyn stuff.

So, yeah. New set this month! I'm pumped.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-06-22 23:15:54

Yeah I saw that. I was like "No more mana burn? Whaaaa?"

Then I realized that if I was playing a mana flare deck it would probably be with an old enough player that they'd agree to play with mana burn, so whatevs. I can't see many of these changes having an appreciable effect on the quality of tournament play (particularly limited, I don't even play constructed, too expensive). It will, however, make the game substantially easier for new players.

I'd say the biggest change is immediate combat damage, no more sacrificing creatures that are about to die in combat. I can dig that.

Dead.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-08-19 00:32:53

Mission accomplished.

Putting both of these in a Type 4 stack (look it up if you haven't heard of it)

Dead.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-08-19 13:02:19

At 8/19/09 12:32 AM, Elfer wrote: Mission accomplished.

Yep, never heard of it.

So, I went to the M10 game day thing on saturday. The plan was, the top 8 people get FNM promo Mycoid Shepherds (running about $20 apiece). 6 people showed up. We all got them. WIN.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-08-19 16:15:14

At 8/19/09 01:02 PM, Twone wrote:
At 8/19/09 12:32 AM, Elfer wrote: Mission accomplished.

Yep, never heard of it.

So, I went to the M10 game day thing on saturday. The plan was, the top 8 people get FNM promo Mycoid Shepherds (running about $20 apiece). 6 people showed up. We all got them. WIN.

Twenty bucks for a shepherd? That's total madness.

Anyway, Type 4 is where you make a box of all the most ridiculously huge-effect cards in the game, then deal out or draft cards from it. Everyone gets infinite mana, but you can only play one spell per turn (including you opponents' turns, on which you can play instants)

I've had the original Bolas for probably around 10 years now, but I didn't know how I was going to get the planeswalker (didn't want to buy or trade for it, since it was expensive and lots of the cards for type 4 are cheap, and I'd rather get 10 cards closer than 1). Fortunately, since M10 ran out of stock, we were drafting shards block the last couple of weeks, and I happened to get 2nd place on a week that the planeswalker was second pick in the rare draft afterward.

Also my best placing in a tournament yet (just started tournament play recently, only play limited because constructed is frankly too expensive for me).

Dead.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-08-19 18:20:29

At 8/19/09 04:15 PM, Elfer wrote: Twenty bucks for a shepherd? That's total madness.

It's also extended art, which is super cool.

Anyway, Type 4 is where you make a box of all the most ridiculously huge-effect cards in the game, then deal out or draft cards from it. Everyone gets infinite mana, but you can only play one spell per turn (including you opponents' turns, on which you can play instants)

Oh, I kinda get it. Nobody I know plays it, or probably knows what it is.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-08-19 19:41:03

At 8/19/09 06:20 PM, Twone wrote: Oh, I kinda get it. Nobody I know plays it, or probably knows what it is.

It looks like some pretty good fun, and the best part is that most of the cards are pretty cheap, since things that are unplayable in constructed because the mana cost is too high become wildly powerful in type 4. There's a couple of articles on the official site about it here and here.

There's a couple of cards that are more expensive if you want a super-powerful stack, but I had some older expensive cards (e.g. a Tolarian Academy that, if I recall correctly, I had never ever used for anything) that I can easily trade for a couple of the more expensive ones I want, like elvish piper, and a bunch of the less expensive ones, like djinn of wishes. The planeswalker was probably the most expensive inclusion so far, but I lucked out enough to win it at the last possible opportunity :/

Anyway, if you're interested in what cards might work, the best forum I've found for type 4 stuff is this one, which is evidently frequented by the guy who invented the format.

Of course, it's easy for me to put something like this together, since I don't play constructed competetively. I just go to drafts, then use my picks to snag cards that are currently valuable in Type 2, then trade them for boatloads of stuff that's good in Type 4.

Dead.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-08-19 21:45:57

Um, there's a ton of weird new shit actually. There's faeries, there's a combo deck with a card called swans of something something that runs a huge amount of basic land, there's a new mechanic called cascade that people are using a lot, especially in control (5-colour control is big right now), and then there's the good old fashioned aggro decks.

Plus a whole bunch of other stuff. It's probably not that important to know any of this unless you're actually playing in tournaments.

Dead.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-08-23 17:17:31

At 8/19/09 09:04 PM, Jamie wrote: So whats the big new strategy with the newest expansion? I always used to use a counter / deckburn strategy.

That still works well, with new cards like "Traumatize" and then hit em with "Haunting Echos," from the newest core set. It happens to me a lot. And it sucks.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-08-25 08:00:57

Is there anyone else here who plays draft rather than constructed?

Dead.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-08-25 11:14:59

At 8/25/09 08:00 AM, Elfer wrote: Is there anyone else here who plays draft rather than constructed?

Never played draft, but I want to. Unfortunately, this is my last week at FNM before I go to college, so I want to play type 2.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-08-29 08:23:55

At 8/25/09 11:14 AM, Twone wrote:
At 8/25/09 08:00 AM, Elfer wrote: Is there anyone else here who plays draft rather than constructed?
Never played draft, but I want to. Unfortunately, this is my last week at FNM before I go to college, so I want to play type 2.

Yeah there couldn't possibly be a comic book shop near where you go to college.

The place in my town does draft on Tuesdays, which is nice, because there's nothing else that happens on Tuesdays. Not only is constructed too expensive for me, it's at FNM, which means I almost always have something different I'm supposed to be doing.

Dead.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-09-09 20:35:20

Sometimes I forget about the sheer volume of these things I've picked up over the years. I recently took all my decks apart to start over, and decided to take a picture of what they all look like boxed up.

Dead.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-09-25 09:22:25

Just realized that the only guy I've lost to in the last two drafts I played in is some sort of super crazy dude who came 7th in the world at the legacy grand prix.

WHATEVER.

Dead.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-11-27 10:34:43

does anyone have any tips for making a mono red type2 goblin deck?

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-11-27 10:38:06

recently i beat no 36 in england in a constructed tournament
hardest game ever

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2009-11-30 17:28:53

At 9/9/09 08:35 PM, Elfer wrote: Sometimes I forget about the sheer volume of these things I've picked up over the years. I recently took all my decks apart to start over, and decided to take a picture of what they all look like boxed up.

holy fuck that's a lot of cards, since you love drafting so much i'd set up a cube with all of that shit. That's all i've been doing lately as far as magic, and even though i suck at it(im progressively gettng better) it's still a blast.

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature