New Topic Respond to this Topic
NeOStar
NeOStar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 21st, 2003 @ 07:16 PM Reply

At 10/19/03 06:21 PM, sionofdarkness wrote: I was watching this guy play he was amazing he got 76 7/7 worms out in 6 turns! That is with a little help from mirari's wake and duplicating the number of tokens he has. He played that one where you add 3 6/6 worms to the field.

Hey hey
theres a simple solution
WRATH OF GOD

NeOStar
NeOStar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 21st, 2003 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 9/17/03 02:53 AM, DA_SoulTaker wrote: Is a Forgotten Ancient good?

Ancients are good, for token swapping or just pumping white/green weenies...
Basically i'd just use them for Extension for Green

blackstarvegetto
blackstarvegetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 21st, 2003 @ 07:40 PM Reply

At 10/21/03 07:16 PM, NeOStar wrote:
Hey hey
theres a simple solution
WRATH OF GOD

Or there's Akroma's Vengence.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 21st, 2003 @ 07:50 PM Reply

Or there's this one deck I've been messing around with, tweaking and so on.

What it does is uses a bunch f different cards to continuously damage everything on the field, which will destroy the opponent's creatures, and to damage to them.

And to make sure I don't die as fast as they do, there were life draining spells.

It's a good theory, but I'm poor so I don't really have all the cards to make it work properly.

blackstarvegetto
blackstarvegetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 21st, 2003 @ 08:39 PM Reply

At 10/21/03 07:50 PM, Elfer wrote: What it does is uses a bunch f different cards to continuously damage everything on the field, which will destroy the opponent's creatures, and to damage to them.

And to make sure I don't die as fast as they do, there were life draining spells.

So you're basically running a burn deck.

O yea, and can I join?

NeOStar
NeOStar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 22nd, 2003 @ 07:34 PM Reply

At 10/21/03 07:50 PM, Elfer wrote: Or there's this one deck I've been messing around with, tweaking and so on.

What it does is uses a bunch f different cards to continuously damage everything on the field, which will destroy the opponent's creatures, and to damage to them.

It's a good theory, but I'm poor so I don't really have all the cards to make it work properly.

not really, sure rare cards are powerful, but if you use Uncommons + Commons in a good order you can actually have a straight-edge deck

I used to use a common burner deck
as well as a cheep White weenie deck that had no rares and the cards were EASY TO FIND still did very well in tourney play

NeOStar
NeOStar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 22nd, 2003 @ 07:36 PM Reply

At 10/21/03 07:40 PM, blackstarvegetto wrote:
At 10/21/03 07:16 PM, NeOStar wrote:
Hey hey
theres a simple solution
WRATH OF GOD
Or there's Akroma's Vengence.

Yes using Akroma's Vengence is cheaper (moneywise) but honestly not really as good, except in Slider decks.
I perfer my Wrath of Gods
KILL ALL FOR 4 mana

NeOStar
NeOStar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 22nd, 2003 @ 07:39 PM Reply

I should post this
If anyone is going to Neutral Ground this Saturday for to claim their turf
I'd win it all!!!
So if any one has the guts
come challenge Team Anarchy
I'll be waiting

blackstarvegetto
blackstarvegetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 22nd, 2003 @ 07:56 PM Reply

At 10/22/03 07:36 PM, NeOStar wrote: I perfer my Wrath of Gods
KILL ALL FOR 4 mana

What r u talkin bout? Wrath of God only kills all creatures, and Akroma's Vengence kills all creatures, enchantments, and artifacts for only 2 more mana than Wrath of God!

DA-SoulTaker
DA-SoulTaker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 23rd, 2003 @ 05:29 AM Reply

At 10/22/03 07:56 PM, blackstarvegetto wrote:
At 10/22/03 07:36 PM, NeOStar wrote: I perfer my Wrath of Gods
KILL ALL FOR 4 mana
What r u talkin bout? Wrath of God only kills all creatures, and kills all creatures, enchantments, and artifacts for only 2 more mana than Wrath of God!

Yes but by the sixth turn you can summon most creatures and in an awake deck, Akroma's Vengence is one thing you don't want.

Kaabi
Kaabi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 23rd, 2003 @ 06:12 AM Reply

At 10/19/03 06:28 PM, Kid_Davis wrote: Man, that is just crazy. People must be pretty damn good to do stuff like that. I don't think I would ever be that good. BTW, sionofdarkness, are you still in the NG Army? No one has heard from you in a long while.

Yeah I'm in. In fact just a few seconds ago I posted.

blackstarvegetto
blackstarvegetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 23rd, 2003 @ 08:33 AM Reply

At 10/23/03 05:29 AM, DA_SoulTaker wrote: Yes but by the sixth turn you can summon most creatures and in an awake deck, Akroma's Vengence is one thing you don't want

Yes, I suppose.
btw, can I join?

NeOStar
NeOStar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 23rd, 2003 @ 04:19 PM Reply

looks like the leaders disbanded this
I'll give them 2 weeks
if not i'm the owner

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Oct. 23rd, 2003 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 10/22/03 07:34 PM, NeOStar wrote:
not really, sure rare cards are powerful, but if you use Uncommons + Commons in a good order you can actually have a straight-edge deck

I used to use a common burner deck
as well as a cheep White weenie deck that had no rares and the cards were EASY TO FIND still did very well in tourney play

Okay, a few points:

For the post before the one quoted, it's not a burn deck. It works in an entirely different way

Now onto the quoted one, it is almost all commons and a few uncommons, and I think one rare, maybe two.

What I mean is, I'm too poor to actually write up a decklist with a bunch of commons and shite that I want to use and then go out and buy them. I try to steer away from using rares when I can, because commons are easier to get four copies of, which makes the deck more reliable.

And NeOStar, you can't declare ownership of the club while I'm around. I'm the first person to join, and also the Supreme Rule-Monkey.

I pwn this shiznat right here, beyotch.

Lawren
Lawren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 2nd, 2003 @ 09:46 PM Reply

ya I'll join.
I am horrendous at deck building, but with a half decent deck I can kick most asses with pure strategy.
the decks I build 200-250 cards, too many I know, I just am indecisive about what to put in the deck. any pointers on deck building?
I made a nice monster deck, but it was way to slow for one on one (me in a game: ok only 8 more forestsor mountains to go)

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 2nd, 2003 @ 10:14 PM Reply

Well, for deck building, I would say this:

Think of what the deck is going to do BEFORE you build it. Then think of the cards you have, and which would help in accomplishing the deck's function. Try to use as many cards you have multiple copies of as you can.

However keep your deck size down to 60. Prune it by looking for cards that work well together, like a combo sort of, and keep them in. Synergy is good to have. Then, take those cards and cut out whatever you think is least effective in killing the opponent/preventing your own death. If it's a choice between killing or protection, pick killing.

You can go over by 4 or 5 cards, but try to stay down around 60 as a rule.

Misanthropic
Misanthropic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 2nd, 2003 @ 10:27 PM Reply

It's funny.. I've had snobs always talk smack about my deck with their 'omg, your deck is liek.. so big. 75 cards, I can't believe ittt.' And then they get raped by my "massive deck which can't function properly".

Well, some people shut up after being told, and others need to be shut up through action.

BBS Signature
Lawren
Lawren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 3rd, 2003 @ 09:30 PM Reply

wow 60 is a rule, holy crap I am way off with 200
well thx elfer I will get to work on it soon, won't I surprise the guys.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 3rd, 2003 @ 09:31 PM Reply

At 11/2/03 10:27 PM, Chromius wrote: It's funny.. I've had snobs always talk smack about my deck with their 'omg, your deck is liek.. so big. 75 cards, I can't believe ittt.' And then they get raped by my "massive deck which can't function properly".

Well, some people shut up after being told, and others need to be shut up through action.

Well, I just put down some general guidelines. The only way you should have a 250 card deck is if it's a battle of wits deck. And those are hard to make properly.

You need to fuck around and test decks. If they work better with 75 cards, great.

It's just generally safer to go with less cards if you aren't sure.

JujubeLock
JujubeLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 6th, 2003 @ 02:00 AM Reply

Wow, I thought this was going to be a place where strategy and deck building is discussed but I guess I was wrong. Well I can see some of you know what you are talking about so if you have any suggestions on what could make the general Type 2 Goblin deck faster (besides the Chrome Mox of course thats a given) let me know. White weenie is a joke, R/W Astral Sligh in my opinion is even with Goblins, MBC just gets pwned, and slipping in some Oblivion stones or just speeding up the goblins can deal with Affinity. So the trouble is mainly U/W control preventing Goblins from taking its rightful place. However, at states the U/W kid I played just slipped by the skin of his teeth, he was really sweating it out. U/W can be dealt with...its just a matter of smacking it down and jumping right back into action when it tries to slow you down. The weakness of U/W is that it cannot win the game early on against Goblins, it can only survive. Thus, limiting the chances of survival kills the deck. This may seem like I have a bias towards Goblins but this is the first time i went with them. Before Mirrodin, I was using U/G madness which I learned was not the best of decks but live and learn.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 6th, 2003 @ 08:18 PM Reply

Yeah, I don't play competitively. I prefer to just fuck around with experimental decks without a bunch of wankers with net decks kicking my ass with combos that they bought at the store.

zombe-man
zombe-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 6th, 2003 @ 08:41 PM Reply

Hell ya i want in on this, give me a # man, i want in on this club, i play MTG every damn day and i am pretty good too

zombe-man
zombe-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 6th, 2003 @ 08:45 PM Reply

Never play chrome mox in a goblin deck man, the mox is for mana acceleration, and u use shirk prospecter for that, drop the mox and add prosperter, you may even wanna splash black for bidding, Goblin bidding decks are the shit right now

zombe-man
zombe-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 6th, 2003 @ 08:50 PM Reply

my best card huh?? well i would have so say it is my foil alternet art Voidmage prodigy!! it got it from magic rewards for free becuase i play in so many tournemants...

Sexatron
Sexatron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 6th, 2003 @ 09:18 PM Reply

I'm down I love magic. I play with black so my favorite card is my Rare Signer Vampire or my Valrath the fallen.

I MADE MY FAMILY DISAPPEAR!

BBS Signature
JujubeLock
JujubeLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 6th, 2003 @ 10:50 PM Reply

At 11/6/03 08:45 PM, zombe_man wrote: Never play chrome mox in a goblin deck man, the mox is for mana acceleration, and u use shirk prospecter for that, drop the mox and add prosperter, you may even wanna splash black for bidding, Goblin bidding decks are the shit right now

No, Goblin bidding takes away from the speed of goblins. I already have skirk prospector because that is standard of goblin decks. The main idea is if you throw in 4 chrome moxes you can take away from the land total and throw in some shrapnel blasts and pyrite spellbombs in the main deck. I was just pondering upon that idea. i don't currently do that but it seems interesting to try.

Misanthropic
Misanthropic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 6th, 2003 @ 10:54 PM Reply

At 11/6/03 09:18 PM, TheGovenator wrote: Valrath the fallen.

Funny when you can't spell your own favorite card.

Anyways, I think there was a mention of Goblins.. ah yes, I had an oldschool goblin deck.. but it fell into a swimming pool and couldn't be salvaged.

Goblin grenades and Goblin bombs though... very.. very... fun. :)

BBS Signature
SteveGuzzi
SteveGuzzi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Writer
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 7th, 2003 @ 12:02 AM Reply

I used to play Magic, hmmm, nine years ago...back then we got more enjoyment out of ripping other kids off on trades than from actually playing the game.

BBS Signature
magicsalt
magicsalt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 12th, 2003 @ 09:26 AM Reply

At 11/2/03 10:27 PM, Chromius wrote: It's funny.. I've had snobs always talk smack about my deck with their 'omg, your deck is liek.. so big. 75 cards, I can't believe ittt.' And then they get raped by my "massive deck which can't function properly".

I loved playing against huge decks!! My favorite deck was all about making others throw away cards. Used to piss people off that they had to discard thier best stuff.

The deck is black and blue with Millstones, Mindrots and Megrims for discarding at a cost of life, and plenty of Reefpirates, Dauthi Mindrippers and similars with discard abilities. Ensnaring bridge keeps big creatures from attacking due to low cards in hand. Didn't always win, but a great, fun deck to play others with.

Haven't really played or collected since Exodus series, but its a great game.

Anyone got any Snakebaskets or Millstones?

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub Nov. 16th, 2003 @ 11:16 AM Reply

All I ever had was a grindstone, which I traded away for a bunch of cards that I actually wanted to use.