00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Magic: The Gathering Klub

85,549 Views | 578 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-12-18 18:54:33

At 12/18/11 04:43 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote:
At 5/14/11 09:34 PM, letiger wrote: Try not using infect you cheating asshole.
My mono black infect just took second at gpt Baltimore.

Infect would be a great mechanic, if there were as common a mechanic to remove poison counters or -1/-1 counters from things. Having a deck with contagion engines staring at you, proliferating your demise by 2-3 counters each turn is a fucking nightmare.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-12-18 20:50:51

I didn't run contagion engines, my highest costing card was Skithiryx, contagion clasps and Tezzerets Gambits were the proliferators in my stack.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-12-20 17:00:10

WHOO just went to the local card shop bought me quite a few planes walkers and a sword of war and peace.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-12-21 18:59:41

just got these now to start my Blue Black Infect deck.

Sorin Markov
Jace beleren
chandra ablaze
chandra nalaar
tezzeret the seeker
Jace the memory adept
Sword of War and Peace.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-12-23 02:00:16

At 12/21/11 06:59 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: just got these now to start my Blue Black Infect deck.

Sorin Markov
Jace beleren
chandra ablaze
chandra nalaar
tezzeret the seeker
Jace the memory adept
Sword of War and Peace.

Red cards in a blue black deck?? I'm kind of new to magic is it too late too join this club

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-12-24 12:56:17

At 12/23/11 02:00 AM, gohome wrote:
At 12/21/11 06:59 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: just got these now to start my Blue Black Infect deck.

Sorin Markov
Jace beleren
chandra ablaze
chandra nalaar
tezzeret the seeker
Jace the memory adept
Sword of War and Peace.
Red cards in a blue black deck?? I'm kind of new to magic is it too late too join this club

sorry I should have been specific those are cards I bought but the Blues and black I one I made is quite formidable!

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-12-28 06:25:24

I went to the Card shop today bought $15 worth of common and uncommon cards so I could play around with my new deck and figured out I had enough to make another and just mess with both decks and switch out cards for each from the other for different situations how awesome is that?

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-03-18 11:10:58

I will admit, I am slowly getting into this game. Although it'll take me a while to memorise a lot of cards created for this game, I have found one way to get into this and that's an admiration for the dragons. Of course, from the looks of most of them I probably wouldn't be able to make a pure dragon deck so I'll need to expand my horizons but at least with them it's making me consider looking into red cards. Thankfully I'm using the game on Steam it'll help me out with how all the game mechanics work.

Those transformation cards are some crazy stuff.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-03-18 12:06:37

At 46 minutes ago, Gambit wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, Bahamut wrote: I will admit, I am slowly getting into this game. Although it'll take me a while to memorise a lot of cards created for this game, I have found one way to get into this and that's an admiration for the dragons.
You would've loved the Scourge edition...

As well as From the Vaults: Dragons box set. Why couldn't I strongly look into Magic back in 2008? Well, apart from the fact that Liverpool had no game shops to held any games like these at the time.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-03-18 21:04:11

At 8 hours ago, ScaryPicnic wrote: i play that game quite a bit, a cheap if lacking substitute for the physical stuff

I would assume it wouldn't be perfect but it's helped me with knowing how Magic works.

At 38 minutes ago, Austerity wrote: Can anyone guess which card this is?

That's funny, I did see that very artwork when browsing through the list of Wurms just before. However, I have already forgotten the name since there's so much to try and memorise right now.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-03-18 21:22:50

At 9 hours ago, Bahamut wrote:
At 46 minutes ago, Gambit wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, Bahamut wrote:
As well as From the Vaults: Dragons box set. Why couldn't I strongly look into Magic back in 2008? Well, apart from the fact that Liverpool had no game shops to held any games like these at the time.

My personal favorite format for the game is EDH (Commander). Reasonably cheap, short ban-list, cards don't rotate. Of course you can find the rules of the game over at Wizards, but the basics is you pick a Legendary Creature to serve as the 'General', which operates by it's own certain rules, then build a 100 card singleton, with the exception of basic lands, deck around that general. If you really enjoy dragons, you might like Scion of the Ur-Dragon The forum over at Wizards is also quite helpful if you might like to get into the format.

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-03-19 13:57:32

At 16 hours ago, Patton3 wrote: If you really enjoy dragons, you might like Scion of the Ur-Dragon The forum over at Wizards is also quite helpful if you might like to get into the format.

Apparently goblins go well with dragons. I feel red mana cards are what I should look into right now for a fair feel of particular cards. I was at a shop today talking about Magic and was bombarded with a lot of things regarding the game. Thankfully there are casual players there that also play the game at their own pace so I won't feel I have to jump into the deep end straight away. The latest two sets don't look to be all that dragon friendly so for now I'll certainly see what else I can do with the cards I obtain.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-03-24 18:59:41

You see, when a man and a woman love each other very much they play something called Jace, the Mind Sculptor; the squadron hawks are just for foreplay.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-03-27 06:42:48

At 3/21/12 01:20 AM, Austerity wrote: It was Johtull Wurm, one of my all time favorite uncommon cards

But it's useless. 6 mana to get it out, then people have to assign three blockers to render it useless, making it a waste of time. By the time it gets out there, you can assume that your opponent has enough to block it to death. I'd much prefer a Protean Hydra (X + Forest; starts as a 0/0 with X +1/+1 counters on it whenever damage would be dealt to the protean hydra, remove that many +1/+1 counters and at the beginning of the next end step, replace each counter with 2 +1/+1 counters), or a symbiotic Wurm (5 + 3 Forest; 7/7 Wurm. Whenever Symbiotic Wurm is put into the graveyard from play, put seven 1/1 green insect tokens on the battlefield)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-04-02 23:56:26

I got a vicious red/black combo right here:

2 Treacherous Links and a Blasphemous Act

I'd say that's more than enough for game right there.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-04-11 22:07:15

There are only a few standard viable decks right now, with Delver being the top dog. R/G aggro is up there, along with U/B zombies and U/B Control. Naya pod is also a tier 1 deck in standard. Wolfrun isn't a deck anymore since it losses to delver easily and all the good players are playing Delver.
This is of course if you want to be a tournament player, those are the deck to play, fun decks that are tier 2 would be humans or super friends, Frites is also a fun tier 2 deck that cheats big guys into play.

What deck are you guys playing for standard now and why?

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-04-12 09:37:31

At 4/3/12 01:24 AM, Austerity wrote: I'm a Magic card collector, I don't actually play the game. I have an old white deck that I never use, but mostly I just enjoy collecting the old cards I like.

I could probably see myself as collecting cards more than playing them. Right now, a better knowledge on the meta is required for myself and if I'm to play Magic IRL, casual games it'll be for me. As long as there's no obscure rulings for the latest sets as well as the upcoming one, I could probably take part in Friday Night Magic as well as the prerelease.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-04-12 20:28:25

At 4/12/12 09:37 AM, Bahamut wrote: As long as there's no obscure rulings for the latest sets as well as the upcoming one, I could probably take part in Friday Night Magic as well as the prerelease.

I wonder if you can find searching the Oracle readings on the Internet at gatherer.com or some other site obscure.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-04-13 12:50:51

Just curious, what kind of Decks to people here to use.
ATM I have two main decks, a black/blue zombie deck, and a 5 color sliver deck

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-04-15 18:30:47

Yo, what it do? I'm (was) a bit of a deck maker, but it's been a long time, so I'd like to make a few new ones. Right now I'm thinking of a blue/black torture deck with preferably cards from the past few sets. So, maybe, 2010-2012 or whatever. I want the blue to mess with the other player with nilling and such and the black to syphon life and have pesky creatures. Advice?

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-04-17 10:43:27

At 4/13/12 12:50 PM, zombieoverlord1995 wrote: Just curious, what kind of Decks to people here to use.
ATM I have two main decks, a black/blue zombie deck, and a 5 color sliver deck

So you've got a starburst artifacts deck? Difficult to work with - I tend to stick to 2 colours to work with, as some of the instants and sorceries I use tend to have one or two colours to dominate it.

One of my friends gave me Chandra Ablazefor my birthday, which I have now included in a pure red elemental deck. Not a bad card to use in a red only deck, but I worked my way through and still managed to lose. I have since remade the deck to cope with Chandra.

I've got Treefolk (Green); Merfolk (Blue / White); Elementals (Red); Giants (Red / White); Artifacts (Green / Black) and a few non-specific decks, like a Red/ Black affair, which arose from a tournament in Scars of Mirrodin. Whatever I seem to play, I lose with, mostly because my friends plough more resources into MTG, so they get better cards, by and large.

I will win again, I just need to get some more weapons...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-05-03 08:21:25

Picked up Fiery Dawn from the intro packs and with just one game alone, I found out that there is some cards to hunt down. Champion of the Parish is ridiculously good for a single mana cost card, especially when fitting it in a deck full of human cards.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-05-04 15:36:20

shit what bloc are they on now? I haven't played for over a year now.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-05-05 18:06:47

At 5/4/12 03:36 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: shit what bloc are they on now? I haven't played for over a year now.

They're still on the Innistrad block. Return to Ravnica is the next block coming out in October.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-05-06 22:02:53

At 5/5/12 06:06 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/4/12 03:36 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: shit what bloc are they on now? I haven't played for over a year now.
They're still on the Innistrad block. Return to Ravnica is the next block coming out in October.

awesome I have a awesome Planeswalker Infect/Mill deck that I want to use.

Blue/black for the win.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-05-15 00:10:15

At 5/5/12 06:06 PM, Bahamut wrote:

If I remember correctly, Ravnica focused heavily on multi-colored cards, so this'll be a little interesting. Also, the core set coming out in July looks pretty cool too.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-05-15 16:22:38

Hey all. I'm looking to create a casual treefolk deck. Nothing to put into tournaments, just something for fun with some friends. At the moment, I've only got a basic green/white deck, and a blue/artifact deck from the 2011 deck builder.

One, the feasibility of this type of deck..

Two, any recommended cards? I would prefer black/green.

Thanks. :D

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-05-16 16:33:13

So my friend had a random party a while ago and when I got there a couple of them were playing magic and I felt left out, so they showed me how to play and after an hour I went out and bought a deck starter kit. Just recently bought two boosters, innistrad and dark ascension.

So yeah, I'm hooked.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-06-05 22:28:12

I have a couple of questions about rulings.

1) If I have a creature that has an aura enchantment on it, and the creature would be destroyed, but I choose to regenerate it, does the aura stay attached to the creature after I regenerate it? Also, can I use regenerate when my creature is destroyed outside of battle?

2) If I declare an attack, and my opponent declares a blocker, then I use an instant that destroys the blocking creature, what happens to the attack? Does it go straight through to my opponents life points, or can my opponent choose another blocker?

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2012-06-05 22:31:54

Also, I just recently started playing and I have never played in a MTG tournament. This Friday I am hoping to go to a booster draft. Is there anything in particular that I should know? I read up on the format a bit, but maybe someone has some advice learned from experience.