Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-10 08:59:01 Reply

At 11/9/12 04:26 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote:
Looking at that table above, you'd probably assume that Gagsy didn't submit predictions for last week, but you'd be wrong. I'm afraid she gets the dubious honour of not getting a single prediction right. It really is awful luck too, because she didn't go for any outlandish results, except maybe the Liverpool win.

:(

Arsenal 1-1 Fulham
Everton 2-0 Sunderland
Reading 0-0 Norwich
Southampton 1-2 Swansea
Stoke 1-0 QPR
Wigan 0-2 WBA
Villa 0-2 Man U
Man City 2-2 Tottenham
Newcastle 1-1 West Ham
Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-10 12:21:21 Reply

7 points and counting...
P.S: Pathetic GFH worms, you can never defeat Master Bates, muhahahahaha!!!

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-10 14:59:10 Reply

Great job, Aston Villa! Your guys made my prediction of a comfortable 3-0 Man U victory look stupid for 50 minutes.
But then the REAL Aston Villa struck back in the final 40 minutes. As much as I hate Man U, there is no way in hell that they would drop points against Villa.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-11 04:42:54 Reply

At 11/10/12 02:59 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Great job, Aston Villa! Your guys made my prediction of a comfortable 3-0 Man U victory look stupid for 50 minutes.
But then the REAL Aston Villa struck back in the final 40 minutes. As much as I hate Man U, there is no way in hell that they would drop points against Villa.

Saying that Villa looked a much better side than I had anticipated yesterday- they didn't really deserve to lose on the back of their first 50 minutes. I had them down as real contenders for the drop, but should they carry on playing like that they will be somewhere in midtable by the end of the season. Meanwhile the bottom three continue to look in big trouble, but I STILL think QPR will find a way back, probably under a new manager. Lots of potential in that squad for a good manager to utilise, and no doubt money to spend in January.

Also, where have all these top quality Belgians sprung up from? 5 years ago I would have struggled to name one decent Belgian player (indeed their top striker, Mpenza, was playing for Plymouth at the time!). Now suddenly we have half a dozen top players in the Premier League. To name a few:

Vermaelen
Vertonghen
Kompany
Fellaini
Dembele
Hazard
Mirallas
Benteke
Lukaku

I'd take pretty much every single one of them in the England team at the moment. How have little Belgium produced all of this in such a short space of time?!?! One to watch at the next world cup...

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-11 10:21:33 Reply

Another quick AVB exist? He is certainly not helping him by picking 95-year-old Friedel over French international Hugo Lloris.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-11 10:27:42 Reply

At 11/11/12 10:21 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Another quick AVB exist? He is certainly not helping him by picking 95-year-old Friedel over French international Hugo Lloris.

You mean brad Friedel who played an absolute blinder today and kept Spurs in it most of the game, over Lloris who made a calamitous error in their last game. Really terrible decision that...

If you want to criticise, what about not starting Defoe?

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-11 14:36:39 Reply

looks like chelsea have gone from the team who can play like crap and win 3-1 to the team who dominates the game and still struggles to get a point.

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-14 12:25:11 Reply

At 11/11/12 10:27 AM, Sentio wrote: You mean brad Friedel who played an absolute blinder today and kept Spurs in it most of the game, over Lloris who made a calamitous error in their last game. Really terrible decision that...
If you want to criticise, what about not starting Defoe?

Are you serious? Friedel should have done better when Dzeko scored the winner for City. A younger keeper might be able to react quickly and save that shot. By the way, the Spurs have conceded at least once in every game that Friedel started this season. Although you cannot blame Friedel for all the goals that they have conceded, I am sure that the defenders would be more confident when Lloris is the first choice. Plus, surely there is no point at spending 12.5 million on a second choice keeper, right?

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-14 16:17:51 Reply

At 11/14/12 12:25 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
Are you serious? Friedel should have done better when Dzeko scored the winner for City. A younger keeper might be able to react quickly and save that shot. By the way, the Spurs have conceded at least once in every game that Friedel started this season. Although you cannot blame Friedel for all the goals that they have conceded, I am sure that the defenders would be more confident when Lloris is the first choice. Plus, surely there is no point at spending 12.5 million on a second choice keeper, right?

Harsh to blame Friedel for the goal, not many would stop a shot hit at that pace at such close range, and you couldn't say Lloris would have saved it for certain. Either way he made three or four top class saves before that goal, hardly a performance worthy of calling for his head. And again I repeat, Lloris made a monumental error in their previous game- a real clanger in trying to take it around the striker and getting tackled. THAT is worthy of being dropped as a keeper, no matter how much money was spent on you.

This just comes across as trying to blame AVB for everything regardless of the reality of the game. City played as well as I have seen them this season, and were at home. Not many teams would get results there, and I honestly don't think AVB could have done anything about it. He is not doing a brilliant job in general, I would agree, but blaming him for something that simply isn't that bad a decision is stupid.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-14 16:28:00 Reply

Thank you England. Thank you for showing the world that it is in fact possible to play even more embarrassingly against Sweden than Germany did last time. At least Germany scored 4 times as well, haha. ;)

Anyway, looks like the match against Holland will end in a goalless draw. And to be honest, this was more than I expected at the start of the match. Many key players are missing on the german side, so I was afraid that a team - with good individual players, but who have never played together in this formation - would lose against a Holland side, where - even though van Persie is missing - the quality of the single players is at least equal to the quality of the german players. And Holland has a home match, after all... but I don't understand why van Gaal didn't start with Huntelaar.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-14 17:15:22 Reply

Oh. My. GOD. Zlatan's 4th goal is absolutely brilliant! Just look at THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfm20dRXN9E

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-15 12:26:30 Reply

At 11/14/12 04:28 PM, Haggard wrote: Thank you England. Thank you for showing the world that it is in fact possible to play even more embarrassingly against Sweden than Germany did last time. At least Germany scored 4 times as well, haha. ;)

Actually I thought it was a decent performance from a very young and inexperienced England lineup. Welbeck was the third most capped player in the starting XI with 16... and we led until a bunch of substitutions in the second half that left our defence very fragile. Certainly some very promising performances from the likes of Sterling (who more and more looks like a class player), and Osman, who should have been in the team 5 years ago.

Easily the best I have ever seen Ibrahimovic play as well. I've always seen his bad performances in big games before, but last night I finally saw why so many people in Europe rate him so highly. That fourth goal was out of this world.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-15 13:32:40 Reply

At 11/15/12 12:26 PM, Sentio wrote:
At 11/14/12 04:28 PM, Haggard wrote: Thank you England. Thank you for showing the world that it is in fact possible to play even more embarrassingly against Sweden than Germany did last time. At least Germany scored 4 times as well, haha. ;)
Actually I thought it was a decent performance from a very young and inexperienced England lineup.

Yeah. But it was against SWEDEN. How many players - except for Ibrahimovic - do you know from the swedish national team?

Also, Hart played very badly. It's like your national keepers are jinxed. Or maybe Hart thought "I cannot be that the english national team has a good and reliable keeper!"

That fourth goal was out of this world.

I've watched the video about 20 times now and I still can't get enough of this.

Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-15 14:33:02 Reply

At 11/15/12 01:32 PM, Haggard wrote:
Yeah. But it was against SWEDEN. How many players - except for Ibrahimovic - do you know from the swedish national team?

I'd take a loss with a virtual youth team, away from home, in a friendly, over drawing at home from 4-0 up with our first team in a competitive game every day of the week... especially against a decent side like Sweden who England have a 40 year jinx against. What was Germany's excuse?

Also, Hart played very badly. It's like your national keepers are jinxed. Or maybe Hart thought "I cannot be that the english national team has a good and reliable keeper!"

True, he has been a little shaky lately. I still think he is one of the top keepers in Europe though. Class is permanent.

I like how even the England players in the post game interviews were saying how brilliant a goal that was. I'm surprised they didn't just applaud on the pitch when it went in.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-15 14:54:08 Reply

At 11/15/12 02:33 PM, Sentio wrote: What was Germany's excuse?

No excuses where made. They simply played like shit in the last 30 minutes. ;)

True, he has been a little shaky lately. I still think he is one of the top keepers in Europe though. Class is permanent.

I really like Joe, and I hope he finds back to his old form soon.

I like how even the England players in the post game interviews were saying how brilliant a goal that was. I'm surprised they didn't just applaud on the pitch when it went in.

Yes, this goal is so amazing that you simply cannot be angry that it has been scored, even if it has been scored against your own team.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-16 11:50:32 Reply

At 11/14/12 05:15 PM, Haggard wrote: Oh. My. GOD. Zlatan's 4th goal is absolutely brilliant! Just look at THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfm20dRXN9E

lol, England...always on the receiving end of a brilliant goal. :P

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-16 13:32:06 Reply

Let's see if going first gives me any sort of luck...

Arsenal 1 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester City 2 - 0 Aston Villa
Reading 0 - 1 Everton
Liverpool 2 - 0 Wigan Athletic
West Bromwich Albion 1 - 3 Chelsea
Newcastle United 2 - 1 Swansea City
Queens Park Rangers 1 - 1 Southampton
Norwich City 1 - 2 Manchester United
Fulham 0 - 0 Sunderland
West Ham United 1 - 0 Stoke City

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-16 13:56:09 Reply

Week 11 Results (11/11/12)

Rank // Correct Results // Perfect Scores // Weekly Points // Overall Points // Best Weekly Score // Name // Rank Change

01. // 6 // 1 // 08 // 084 // 13 // Sentio 0
02. // 6 // 2 // 10 // 082 // 12 // DannyIsOnFire 0
03. // 5 // 3 // 11 // 074 // 11 // Dream-of-Duke 0
04. // 2 // 0 // 02 // 065 // 10 // HeartbreakHoldout -1
05. // 6 // 2 // 10 // 057 // 10 // Gagsy 0
06. // 0 // 0 // 00 // 019 // 07 // Ejit 0
07. // 0 // 0 // 00 // 007 // 04 // Jonny 0
08. // 0 // 0 // 00 // 005 // 05 // LostFaceInTrain 0

Weekly Highest Score: 11 (Dream-of-Duke)
Highest Score all time: 13 (Sentio - Week 8)
Weekly average score: 8.20
Weekly average highest all time: 8.60 (Week 6)

Well now I wish I hadn't made fun of Gagsy for her score last week. The major stand out performance this week is my own, with me scoring at least 6 less than anyone else who submitted predictions. As a result I find myself firmly in fourth, with Gagsy reclaiming some lost ground over me. Also, Dream-Of-Duke gets the highest score of the week, and puts himself firmly in third, and closer to the big 2. Sentio stays on top, but DannyIsOnFire has closed the gap to just 2 points.

Really quite a good week for most people, and close to our best collective average this season. Not a good week to do badly.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-17 01:28:46 Reply

At 11/16/12 01:32 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Arsenal 1 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
Reading 0 - 1 Everton
West Bromwich Albion 1 - 3 Chelsea
Norwich City 1 - 2 Manchester United
Fulham 0 - 0 Sunderland

Arsenal 2-1 Tottenham (the end of AVB is near, expect Lloris to erupt and blow up the dressing room after the game)
Man City 2-0 Villa
Reading 1-2 Everton
Liverpool 1-0 Wigan
WBA 1-1 Chelsea
Newcastle 2-1 Swansea
QPR 2-2 Southampton (both managers could be sacked after the game)
Norwich 1-3 Man U
Fulham 1-0 Sunderland
West Ham 2-0 Stoke

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-17 04:37:56 Reply

Arsenal 2 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
Reading 0 - 1 Everton
Liverpool 3 - 1 Wigan Athletic
West Bromwich Albion 1 - 2 Chelsea (very tempted to predict a draw, but I suspect Chelsea will steal it late)
Norwich City 0 - 2 Manchester United
Fulham 2 - 0 Sunderland

Sorry Danny, as always I made my predictions days ago on Talk Sport and a lot of them match up with yours. I'm not going to change them though, I like being able to rememeber what I have predicted come kick off. This is what happens when you predict first!

Banker of the week: City to beat Villa. I'd go for a riskier one, but a lot of the others I am not confident in. There are often surprises after an international week.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-17 05:34:13 Reply

Arsenal 2 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester City 3 - 1 Aston Villa
Reading 1 - 2 Everton
Liverpool 2 - 1 Wigan Athletic
West Bromwich Albion 1 - 1 Chelsea
Queens Park Rangers 0 - 1 Southampton
Fulham 1 - 0 Sunderland
West Ham United 1 - 1 Stoke City

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-17 08:33:13 Reply

Manchester City 3 - 0 Aston Villa
Reading 1 - 1 Everton
West Bromwich Albion 0 - 2 Chelsea
Newcastle United 3 - 1 Swansea City
Queens Park Rangers 2 - 3 Southampton
Fulham 1 - 0 Sunderland
West Ham United 3 - 1 Stoke City

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-17 09:50:06 Reply

Goodbye, AVB. Go back to Porto where you belong. The big leagues are too good for you.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-17 12:00:23 Reply

Can anyone tell me why Mark Hughes has not been sacked? He is a joke.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-17 13:20:06 Reply

At 11/17/12 09:50 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Goodbye, AVB. Go back to Porto where you belong. The big leagues are too good for you.

Personally, I think the blame lies entirely upon Hugo Lloris.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-17 14:31:42 Reply

At 11/17/12 01:20 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote:
At 11/17/12 09:50 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Goodbye, AVB. Go back to Porto where you belong. The big leagues are too good for you.

One word: Adebayor.
LMFAO, Manyoo lost to Leeds B. It's fooking Leeds B we are talking about!! :D

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-18 04:34:42 Reply

At 11/17/12 02:31 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 11/17/12 01:20 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote:
One word: Adebayor.

I was wondering how you would defend Lloris... I watched MOTD last night and felt that three of the five goals were very saveable (goals 2, 3 and 5). Save those and the game could finish a draw. Either way letting 5 in is a pretty dreadful performance by any keeper. I'm not sure Friedel would have let them in...

Saying that Adebayor lost Spurs the game with his idiotic tackle.

LMFAO, Manyoo lost to Leeds B. It's fooking Leeds B we are talking about!! :D

I think it is time you gave Norwich a little more credit. They played brilliantly yesterday, and indeed have played really well for over a month now. They have a few former Leeds players, yes, but calling them Leeds B is a bit rich when they sit a full division above Leeds. If they are Leeds B, what on Earth does that make Leeds? (besides shit).

Jason Puncheon scored a cracker for Southampton yesterday. He formerly played for Plymouth and dropped a division to play for Saints. He was not a regular first teamer for us. Does that make Southampton Plymouth B? I think not...

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-21 07:57:56 Reply

WTF, Chelsea?

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-21 12:38:29 Reply

At 11/21/12 07:57 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: WTF, Chelsea?

Indeed, Di Matteo did very little wrong in his time there. Two trophies won, including the biggest of them all, and a good start at turning an uninspiring defensive side that frankly struggled last year despite winning the Champions League into a fast, flowing, attacking team. Hazard and Oscar are both brilliant signings for a start, and I think most people would say Chelsea are better now than when he took over.

But the club has a reputation for firing managers as soon as a couple of results go against them, and you would think that few top names would enjoy working under that sort of regime. Presumably Guardiola is the long term plan, but he won't take it until the Summer, so they are left looking for another caretaker for 6 months. They may as well have kept Di Matteo.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-21 15:14:36 Reply

A couple of things..

I was gutted, totally gutted when I heard the news. Not completely shocked because this is sadly how Roman loves to operation on a rather regular basis, but saddened for Di Matteo because he deserved so much better. I mean he did help us win the Champions League and the FA Cup, which were not looking likely at all this time last year. Yes we've been a bit poor this month but everyone knew that we wouldn't keep up the great run of form and I don't know what has happened to Luiz and Cahill but they've been dire at the moment. And Torres.. lets not go there.

And we all knew that Di Matteo was never wanted by Abramovich. Obvious in the time it took him to appoint RDM to permanent coach and then more obvious with the 2 year contract as opposed to the usual 4. So Robbie probably always knew he was on egg shells, more than any other Chelsea manager before him and I hope he wasn't too shock or upset by this decision. And I know he will do well from this. Hell he is the only one who comes out of this looking better. Chelsea don't and Roman definitely doesn't. So I wish Di Matteo luck, success and longevity at his next club. And no Chelsea fan will EVER forget the amazing service he has given us as a player and then as a manager. I mean he won us our first FA Cup in a long long time as a player and then the greatest prize of all as a manager. Never ever forget.

The somewhat sad silver lining is this hire and fire system Roman has is that it seems to work though. That's 10 trophies in the time Roman has been here (1 per manager basically). We seem to win trophies despite the constant changes in the dressing room. You get the likes of Arsenal with long serving Wenger who have won sod all in that same time period, so it works for Chelsea. Don't mention SAF, he just is one of a kind unique freak machine manager. United will miss him more than any player when he does retire.

Also, also. I was listening to the radio today about this subject and one caller on talksport hit the nail on the head a bit for me. He said that the problem is Roman had the best guy at the very beginning and he blew that and so ever since he's just kinda been trying to get that again, but no one else will ever be The Special One. So he continues hiring and firing cause no one else is as good as Jose was here.

ALSO. Fucking Benitez. I'm so fucking angry about him being caretaker. I just cannot stand the man, never at Liverpool or even when he left. I just think this is an awful choice and no Chelsea fan is happy about this. You sack the guy who served Chelsea faithfully and who got us the Champions League only 6 months prior and get in the guy who used to slag off Chelsea with an acid tongue and who started the ongoing process of running Liverpool into the ground.

This is the hardest pill to swallow. I'd rather we win nothing, end mid table with Di Matteo, then finish top 3-5, with a domestic cup with Rafa.

And on reflection our Champions League group is harder than originally thought. Thats not Di Matteos fault. Just sloppy players and better opposition. If we get through by some miracle then its more than Chelsea deserve.

Anyway Di Matteo deserves better than Chelsea, so may he go and find that.

BBS Signature