BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-21 01:00:54 Reply

Lmao, Arsenal...lost to previously winless Leeds B.
And delusional Arsenal fans thought that they would win the Premier League, what a joke!

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-21 10:04:20 Reply

At 10/21/12 01:00 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Lmao, Arsenal...lost to previously winless Leeds B.
And delusional Arsenal fans thought that they would win the Premier League, what a joke!

I'm not sure Leeds' fans are in any position currently to make disparaging remarks about other groups of fans... saying that it is clearly a three horse race in the league this season, and Arsenal are in the bunch hunting for fourth.

Another great win for the greens yesterday- the first time in 18 months since we have won consecutive league matches, and the furthest up the league we have been in an eternity. The future is looking bright at last for my poor club.

Enjoying the North East derby at the moment- not surprised there has been a red card, though I did think it a touch harsh. Typically firey match though, and still looking good for a 1-1 result...

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-21 13:14:41 Reply

At 10/21/12 10:04 AM, Sentio wrote:
Enjoying the North East derby at the moment- not surprised there has been a red card, though I did think it a touch harsh. Typically firey match though, and still looking good for a 1-1 result...

Oh yes, not only a 1-1 there but also a 1-1 in the other game. That has really boosted my prediction score for this weekend! I really need to start putting money on my predictions every week...

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-21 22:32:33 Reply

At 10/17/12 01:34 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote:
05. // 4 // 0 // 04 // 041 // 09 // Gagsy -
After that poor game, hopefully this will cheer everyone up (Except Gagsy possibly).

This is an outrage! >:(

And I forgot to do predictions cause I was working and nervous about the Chelsea game before and during and then just all happy after so forgottt to make up some numbers. And shame on none of you going for a Chelsea win. I would have naturally. Gimme a point Heartbreak :(

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-22 10:35:44 Reply

Week 8 Results (21/10/12)

Rank // Correct Results // Perfect Scores // Weekly Points // Overall Points // Best Weekly Score // Name // Rank Change

01. // 7 // 3 // 13 // 060 // 13 // Sentio +1
02. // 5 // 1 // 07 // 059 // 12 // DannyIsOnFire -1
03. // 7 // 1 // 09 // 051 // 10 // Dream-of-Duke +1
04. // 4 // 0 // 04 // 049 // 10 // HeartbreakHoldout -1
05. // 0 // 0 // 00 // 041 // 09 // Gagsy 0
06. // 0 // 0 // 00 // 007 // 04 // Jonny 0
06. // 3 // 0 // 03 // 007 // 04 // Ejit +2
08. // 0 // 0 // 00 // 005 // 05 // LostFaceInTrain -1

Weekly Highest Score: 13 (Sentio)
Highest Score all time: 13 (Sentio - Week 8)
Weekly average score: 7.20
Weekly average highest all time: 8.60 (Week 6)

I think we're beginning to see a familiar gap opening up at the top of the table, thanks to another record breaking week from Sentio. Thanks to a score of 13, Sentio occupies the top spot for the first time this season, blowing everyone else out of the water. DannyIsOnFire's consistently good scoring will keep him in and around the top spot though, I'm sure.

Dream-Of-Duke makes it two good weeks in a row, and takes third place from me, and my wildly inconsistent form continues. Gagsy's lack of predictions this week mean she is 8 points adrift of 4th place, but I'm the person she has to outscore to take that back, so she should be ok. Ejit's impression of Wigan gets off to a good start with him sitting firmly in the relegation zone, but we all know Wigan don't come good until around Spring.

At 10/21/12 10:32 PM, Gagsy wrote: And I forgot to do predictions cause I was working and nervous about the Chelsea game before and during and then just all happy after so forgottt to make up some numbers. And shame on none of you going for a Chelsea win. I would have naturally. Gimme a point Heartbreak :(

I'm afraid we might have to refer that to the dubious points committee.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-24 01:52:19 Reply

Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1 Chelsea.
Thank you very much. :)

On a not totally unrelated side note: The ref in the match Lille vs Bayern was a bad joke. Seriously, only THREE yellow cards for Lille and FIVE yellow cards for Bayern? Mr. Atkinson, please stop pretending to be a "referee" right now!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-24 22:28:15 Reply

At 10/24/12 01:52 AM, Haggard wrote: Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1 Chelsea.

?

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-25 15:36:29 Reply

At 10/24/12 10:28 PM, Gagsy wrote:
?

Have English sides suddenly got worse or has everyone else got better?

It wasn't long ago that England would routinely have all 4 teams making the quarter finals of the Champions League, and one season three still standing in the semi finals! Now it seems that English sides are struggling to get out of the group stages (City are as good as out, Chelsea struggling, Arsenal scraping by in an easy group, and United lucky to have 9 points).

Even sides in the Europa League are struggling in easy groups.

Now I can see that some leagues have got stronger, most notably Germany (though also France, more depth in Portugal, and Russia), but then I feel Spain is weaker outside the top 2, and Italy is FAR weaker than it was. All the more disappointing that our teams are struggling to make the knock out stages.

Maybe they are all tired because the league is more competitive?

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-25 15:55:31 Reply

At 10/24/12 10:28 PM, Gagsy wrote:
?

Every match that Chelsea loses is a good match. ;) Without Roman, everybody would just think of a London district when they hear the name "Chelsea". :P

Anyway, very good week for the german sides. Bayern wins against Lille, Schalke wins against Arsenal and Dortmund wins against Real(!). Also, Hannover wins against Helsingborg (a very lucky victory), and Leverkusen crashes Rapid. Moenchengladbach leads against Marseille at this moment, but M'gladbach is very weak this season, so Marseille might come back.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-27 02:18:31 Reply

Villa 1-0 Norwich
Arsenal 3-1 QPR
Reading 1-1 Fulham
Stoke 1-0 Sunderland
Wigan 1-1 West Ham
Man City 3-0 Swansea
Everton 2-1 Liverpool
Newcastle 3-2 WBA
Southampton 1-3 Tottenham
Chelsea 2-0 Man U

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-27 03:47:10 Reply

LAwro actually picked up 14 points last week on the BBC! OUtrageous, he almost never scores higher than us, and that is by far the highest total he has ever had! This must be rectified immediately!

Villa 1-1 Norwich
Arsenal 2-0 QPR
Reading 1-1 Fulham
Stoke 2-1 Sunderland
Wigan 1-1 West Ham
Man City 2-0 Swansea
Everton 2-1 Liverpool
Newcastle 2-1 WBA
Southampton 1-2 Tottenham
Chelsea 3-2 Man U

Saying that this is a really tough week. There are only 2 fixtures there that I am really confident in (City and Arsenal, Arsenal being my banker for the week on Talk Sport). The other 8 could go any way in my eyes.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-27 06:11:51 Reply

Villa 0 - 1 Norwich
Arsenal 4 - 1 QPR
Reading 1 - 1 Fulham
Stoke 1 - 1 Sunderland
Wigan 2 - 2 West Ham
Man City 4 - 2 Swansea
Everton 2 - 1 Liverpool
Newcastle 2 - 1 WBA
Southampton 1 - 3 Tottenham
Chelsea 2 - 1 Man U

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-27 09:44:59 Reply

At 10/27/12 07:59 AM, Ejit wrote: Probably won't get away with that VIlla one

Yeah, slept in and haven't a clue what the score is but... doubt I can really predict it at this time. So...

Arsenal 3 - 1 QPR
Reading 1 - 1 Fulham
Stoke 2 - 1 Sunderland
Wigan 0 - 1 West Ham
Man City 3 - 1 Swansea
Everton 2 - 1 Liverpool
Newcastle 2 - 0 WBA
Southampton 1 - 2 Tottenham
Chelsea 2 - 2 Man U

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-27 10:18:39 Reply

Can the FA relegate FIVE teams from the PL this season? They ALL SUCK.
QPR --- full of rejects from elite teams. They were REJECTS for a reason.
Villa --- should have relegated last season, became even worse this season.
So'ton --- A Championship team that overachieved last season, not PL quality at all.
Norwich --- Normally start THREE Leeds REJECTS who were too SOFT to play for Championship Leeds and lost a great manager in Paul Lambert, enough said.
Reading --- See Southampton
Too bad, only three of them will be relegated.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-27 12:04:54 Reply

That's it for Mark Hughes.
Barring a miracle, he will be sacked within the next a few days.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-28 03:42:46 Reply

At 10/25/12 03:36 PM, Sentio wrote:
Have English sides suddenly got worse or has everyone else got better?

I want to say that we've hit a rough patch. I mean come on, Real and Barca aren't being the powerhouses in their own leagues at the moment, even with Barca on top of La Liga there have been some dodgy games played by the side and Real are down in 5th, in a league supposed to only be about 2 teams. Real aren't even winning their champs league group (like Arsenal, unlike Man U) where are the questions about them? Sure their group is very hard but Man U have more points and Arsenal just had a bad week.. hopefully.

I don't want to say that the Premier League is the best league in the world - I think it all depends on your taste. But it DEFINITELY is the most competitive with teams all across the board being able to beat each other if their form is right and the others is lacking enough.

Personally I think Man U haven't improved their squad from last year THAT much (where they went out in group stages, better this year already). Arsenal are on course to make it through again - just a blip for them I think. The Norwich defeat was more worrying in my eyes. City I think haven't mentally recovered from that City defeat during their first group game. That is my genuine belief. Sure their form in the league is also questionable and I think there are some ongoing dressing scenes that we're not hearing about which are causing some severe issues on the playing field but to lose to Real how they did in the first group game has to just hurt still. I think had they managed the draw that night then the latter results might have been a bit different. Remember though this is a very hard group they've got and if the other teams want it more (and I think its obvious they do plus with Citys inside problems) then its natural that the results will not go their way. They can get away with it in our league still because such in the strength of their squad against low/mid table sides, it just takes one moment of brilliance and bam they're ahead (I think they have this in common with Barca atm) but against very very good sides competing for what is domestic footballs greatest prize then they just can't and haven't gotten away with it.

Chelsea... hey, we're the fucking champions. When we're questioning our league sides talents in Europe, remember that last year the definitely NOT best team in Europe (who was it, Real, Barca, City, Bayer?), the team who ended up 6th in their own domestic league won the most grand of football competitions. Yes our method for doing so was questioned but attacking is only half of the game. You have to defend and defend well Chelsea did and took their few chances when they got them. Like to point out how after Celtics defeat to Barca most people were calling Celtic unlucky, brave, plucky for basically doing what we had to last year to succeed at Nou Camp, just not doing as good a job, and yet half of the people called Chelsea 'anti-football' at the time. If this isn't hypocrisy then someone will need to teach me what is.

Again Chelsea. If City have the 'group of death' then we have the 'group of wtf why do man u or arsenal never get groups this fucking tricky with sides who actually have a genuine shot at last 16?'.

Don't forget we are playing with a whole new style now. Last year we relied heavily on our ever aging old guard after the AVB thing. It got us the holy grail we were after and I don't deny for a second that we were lucky a lot towards the end of the competition -

We did play with a lot of heart though too. My favourite comment forever during our run was in the final, just after Drogba scored the equaliser, Martin Tylers words; "Chelsea will just not let go of the Champions League" and at the time I didn't hear it because I was busy jumping up and down with my brothers and their friends and getting beer slashed all over me as we screamed in delight, but after the final, rewatching and I heard that, it just rang so true with me. Gary Neville liked to go on about it being Chelsea's time and 'its written in the stars' against Barca and at the time I was too nervous during the game to think on it but yeah I guess in a way it was our time and certainly last year when football and logic said we were done and buried with it, we just would not let go. Hate Chelsea as a club if you must, but don't deny that we didn't deserve to win the Champions League last year through sheer gut alone.

Anywayyy, this year - no more Drogba (the talisman), Lampard can't buy fitness, Terry I think the club wants to ween off soon. And these guys have been so huge for us. Now we have smart little players in midfield and relying on a different kind of striker to get the goals (jury is a little out still on his personal performance level). Either way its a big change (no more lump the ball to Drogba and let him power his way to a goal) and one I think we're all (including us Chelsea fans) surprised that is working so well so quickly. I do think we'll come undone soon in the league. Probably against United or City or we'll hit a string of draws but anyway, its working right now in our league but against some of the best teams in Europe? We are still a work in progress. One that you can see the cracks of against sides likes Juventus and Shakhtar and that will still take time to really get the hang of. I do still think we'll qualify, or hope we do certainly. Thankfully there are questions about Juve too in our group. Had they got that win against Nord then well, Chelsea would be in a stickier situation. As long as we buck up at home and get results there, then I think we'll be fine. Shakhtar though, I can't tell you how well they played against us. It was scary. It actually reminded me of us in the Super Cup with Atletico Madrid. Cech saved us completely from a high embarrassment level. If we can win at home to them, then it'll be a great result for us and put us back on top. Just hope so badly that we can. Would like to get a little further this year in defending OUR cup.

I forgot what the question was a while ago 3: I just needed to express my thoughts on our teams in the Champions League.

And fuck I forgot about predictions again. I genuinely forgot it was Saturday as I was holed up in bed most of the day :( Still waiting for my extra point Heartbreak, I never predict a Chelsea draw or lose! Such is my commitment to them >:'C

Everton 2 - 2 Liverpool
Newcastle 2 - 1 West Brom
Southampton 1 - 1 Tottenham
Chelsea 3 -1 Man Utd

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-28 13:17:50 Reply

Nice choke job at home, Chelsea! The game was over after 12 minutes.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-28 13:21:38 Reply

Just checked the score and it is now 2-2.
Forget about my previous post...by the way, when was it the last time when Man U threw away a 2-goal lead?

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-29 09:45:38 Reply

At 10/27/12 10:18 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Can the FA relegate FIVE teams from the PL this season? They ALL SUCK.
QPR --- full of rejects from elite teams. They were REJECTS for a reason.
Villa --- should have relegated last season, became even worse this season.
So'ton --- A Championship team that overachieved last season, not PL quality at all.
Norwich --- Normally start THREE Leeds REJECTS who were too SOFT to play for Championship Leeds and lost a great manager in Paul Lambert, enough said.
Reading --- See Southampton
Too bad, only three of them will be relegated.

They aren't at the level of the rest of the Prem, but are they better than the Championship? I'd say at least 4 out of those 5 are better than anything that the Championship has to offer, and as such fully deserve their place in the top flight. They are the 16th-20th best sides in the country. Three will go down to be replaced by equally weak sides, that like them will have to improve dramatically to survive.

At 10/27/12 12:04 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: That's it for Mark Hughes.
Barring a miracle, he will be sacked within the next a few days.

Doubt he will go yet. Losing away to Arsenal is hardly grounds for immediate sacking, especially when they outplayed them most of the game. Lose to Reading next week and he is toast though (but I think they will win).

At 10/28/12 03:42 AM, Gagsy wrote:
Wall of text

I'd actually say that Chelsea are a (much) better side this year. They were really unlucky to lose yesterday (putting it generously), and totally outplayed United for long periods. United are weaker for me (better in attack, but in defence far worse), while the new Chelsea are both pleasing on the eye and effective in picking up results in the league. It is a LONG time since I actually enjoyed watching Chelsea play (not since Zola probably), but they are certainly a good watch now.

The fact remains though that English sides have gone from total European dominance to struggling to make the quarters. Chelsea would have found a way to beat Juve and nick a draw in the Ukraine in years gone by, much like United and Arseanl and sneaking results. New Chelsea don't have that ability to grind out results playing badly (not to sound like Hansen...) that they were masters at last year.

Also how many more times does Mark Clattenberg have to screw up in the league before he stops refereeing big games? It is becoming a running joke that you can guarentee a screw up whenever you see he is the referee, and there were a couple of shockers yesterday (ignoring the claims of inappropriate language for now). Torres was quite right to look incredulous at being sent off for diving, and that ultimately cost Chelsea the game.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-30 14:19:07 Reply

At 10/29/12 09:45 AM, Sentio wrote:
I'd actually say that Chelsea are a (much) better side this year. They were really unlucky to lose yesterday (putting it generously), and totally outplayed United for long periods. United are weaker for me (better in attack, but in defence far worse), while the new Chelsea are both pleasing on the eye and effective in picking up results in the league. It is a LONG time since I actually enjoyed watching Chelsea play (not since Zola probably), but they are certainly a good watch now.

I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have a Zola type maestro again in the team, and having similar players around him in midfield now plus that little break Chelsea gave him has done Mata the world of good. I want to say he was great for us last season (minus how invisible he was during the Champs league as we had to play a system that completely isolated his talents) but already he is on another level, like everything is just clicking completely now. His free kick against United was a gem.

I agree about United. Their defense is crumbling away like their defenders body parts. So they are allowing more goals in but damn they are scoring more too which sadly is balancing out beautifully in their favour right now.

The fact remains though that English sides have gone from total European dominance to struggling to make the quarters. Chelsea would have found a way to beat Juve and nick a draw in the Ukraine in years gone by, much like United and Arseanl and sneaking results. New Chelsea don't have that ability to grind out results playing badly (not to sound like Hansen...) that they were masters at last year.

Yes I can recall the years almost fondly where we would meet the likes of Liverpool every single year in the quarter or semi finals. United were usually a guarantee for semis, and Arsenal and Chelsea around the quarters. Besides us winning, last year was a bad one for English sides (I want to say us winning should completely rectify that!). I think United and Arsenal are going to fair much better. Until Arsenal get drawn Barca and naturally lose and United I'm thinking Real.

Europe for us is a different affair right now, like I mentioned in my other post. You're right that we're struggling to grind out results there. Not taking all 3 from Juve looking back in unforgivable. The game against Shakhtar, they just spanked us. Work in progress.

Also how many more times does Mark Clattenberg have to screw up in the league before he stops refereeing big games? It is becoming a running joke that you can guarentee a screw up whenever you see he is the referee, and there were a couple of shockers yesterday (ignoring the claims of inappropriate language for now). Torres was quite right to look incredulous at being sent off for diving, and that ultimately cost Chelsea the game.

I like to think that I'm quite the level headed Chelsea fan. I can admit that Torres fell a bit too easily, even though yes there was contact. I just do despise how these days most players are quick to fall at the first feel of skin on skin, no matter how little that contact is, and right now at Chelsea we have too many of those players, Torres being front-liner, or front-faller. He fell cheaply because he had lacks of options staying up but the fact is he could have stayed up.

What I feel Clattenberg should have done if he did see the contact and still thought Torres dived is take him to one side and tell him that next time he'd book him, tell him to stay on his feet when he has the option to, that he will give the foul if he sees it, if there is no advantage to play from Torres staying up.

I like to compare it to the Liverpool game before it. Sterling already on a yellow card does a foul that would have been a yellow card had he not already been on you. The ref takes him and Gerrard aside, has a word, and you imagine he is saying "Calm down or next time its a red, its a big game I know, just calm down". And then things are fine. I know the refs are keen to stamp down on diving but there is diving and then there is falling easily. One is bookable, the other should be a word in the ear with finger wagging.

Honestly the winning goal I found much harder to swallow. It was offside, I think he was even beyond Petr Cech, but its actually amazing how many of those type of offsides are never called.

I'm personally glad that we can take some positives from the match. We did outplay United. The first goal we conceded was just so unlucky, the second from United classy but we never gave in and that was important. I feel with 10 men we would have held the draw, heck it took a goal that should have been disallowed to sink us with 9 men so I take heart. The break for Torres now (if its not rescinded) I think we do him some good as he has played every single game for us this season. Though he for me is the big question in the squad. We're finally playing a system to Torres advantage with players to suit his talent but there are still those horrible moments where he fluffs the ball or overplays it and its getting a little tedious to be honest, because it happens every game, several times. His best days are long gone and while I think he can get 10 or 15 goals this season, its not nearly enough for what we need from a lone striker in a team that wants to go far in all the competitions.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-30 16:59:55 Reply

At 10/30/12 02:19 PM, Gagsy wrote:
I like to think that I'm quite the level headed Chelsea fan. I can admit that Torres fell a bit too easily, even though yes there was contact. I just do despise how these days most players are quick to fall at the first feel of skin on skin, no matter how little that contact is, and right now at Chelsea we have too many of those players, Torres being front-liner, or front-faller. He fell cheaply because he had lacks of options staying up but the fact is he could have stayed up.

What I feel Clattenberg should have done if he did see the contact and still thought Torres dived is take him to one side and tell him that next time he'd book him, tell him to stay on his feet when he has the option to, that he will give the foul if he sees it, if there is no advantage to play from Torres staying up.

I think that is what he wanted to do, but he dug himself a hole. Looking at replays it looks like he doesn't realise that it is Torres that has gone down. He pulls out the yellow as he runs over, and then almost stops when he sees who it is. At this point he feels committed to following through with the yellow and red. This begs the question that if he wasn't sure who the player was then how was he sure there wasn't contact (which there clearly was)? Poor refereeing, especially with Chelsea already down to 10- it made the result inevitable.

Also loving Reading's absolute demolition of Arsenal in the league cup tonight!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-30 20:37:08 Reply

At 10/30/12 04:59 PM, Sentio wrote:
I think that is what he wanted to do, but he dug himself a hole. Looking at replays it looks like he doesn't realise that it is Torres that has gone down. He pulls out the yellow as he runs over, and then almost stops when he sees who it is. At this point he feels committed to following through with the yellow and red. This begs the question that if he wasn't sure who the player was then how was he sure there wasn't contact (which there clearly was)? Poor refereeing, especially with Chelsea already down to 10- it made the result inevitable.

Its actually somewhat refreshing for Chelsea to not be the villains in the piece now. People are actually on our side. Usually unheard of. Long may it continue?

I forgot to comment on the Clattenburg racism allegations. Honestly I'm not sure what to think about it just yet. I don't want it to be true but I also do because I fear it looking bad on the club if the players are made out to be liars. I just don't know what to think on it.

Though maybe MAYBE the Chelsea team realised what a giant knob Clattenburg is to us every single game he refs and what sure thing can they do to make sure he never gets to offiate their matches again? Race allegations!

You never know.

Now now Sentio (and Dream-of-Duke from the other day). You should know better then to comment about a game BEFORE its over. =P

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-31 03:48:28 Reply

At 10/30/12 08:37 PM, Gagsy wrote:
Now now Sentio (and Dream-of-Duke from the other day). You should know better then to comment about a game BEFORE its over. =P

How in the hell did that happen? When I went to bed Reading were absolutely all over Arsenal and should have been 10-0 up, let alone 4! I can't quite believe they threw it all away from there, but having just seen the highlights this morning I have to... First team in the history of either domestic cup to lose after scoring 5 goals!

Reading vs QPR this weekend is an absolutely massive game- I am beginning to fear that Reading aren't going to win many (any?) games this season if they can't put away a four goal lead against the worst Arsenal performance in living memory...

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-10-31 04:22:25 Reply

At 10/31/12 03:48 AM, Sentio wrote:
How in the hell did that happen? When I went to bed Reading were absolutely all over Arsenal and should have been 10-0 up, let alone 4! I can't quite believe they threw it all away from there, but having just seen the highlights this morning I have to... First team in the history of either domestic cup to lose after scoring 5 goals!
Reading vs QPR this weekend is an absolutely massive game- I am beginning to fear that Reading aren't going to win many (any?) games this season if they can't put away a four goal lead against the worst Arsenal performance in living memory...

I think the current last 3 are the ones to go. I like to see promoted sides stay up but Reading and Southampton seem to be drowning already. I just hope QPR sinks with them.

As for dodgy Arsenal performances, this will always hold a special place in my heart. I know they went down to 10 men but has a decent side crumbled faster after completely bossing the game.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-02 17:16:35 Reply

Week 9 Results (28/10/12)

Rank // Correct Results // Perfect Scores // Weekly Points // Overall Points // Best Weekly Score // Name // Rank Change

01. // 6 // 3 // 12 // 072 // 13 // Sentio 0
02. // 5 // 1 // 07 // 066 // 12 // DannyIsOnFire 0
03. // 6 // 1 // 08 // 057 // 10 // HeartbreakHoldout +1
04. // 5 // 0 // 05 // 056 // 10 // Dream-of-Duke -1
05. // 2 // 2 // 06 // 047 // 09 // Gagsy 0
06. // 5 // 1 // 07 // 014 // 07 // Ejit 0
07. // 0 // 0 // 00 // 007 // 04 // Jonny -1
08. // 0 // 0 // 00 // 005 // 05 // LostFaceInTrain 0

Weekly Highest Score: 12 (Sentio)
Highest Score all time: 13 (Sentio - Week 8)
Weekly average score: 7.50
Weekly average highest all time: 8.60 (Week 6)

Oh dear, I must get on top of this. Another great week from Sentio gives him a 6 point gap at the top. Everyone else's scores hover around a similar area, though I manage to jump ahead of Dream-Of-Duke to take back third place, where I am confident I will stay. Ejit closes the gap on 5th place Gagsy by 1 point, so by my calculations should overtake her by around the 43rd week of this football season.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-03 02:30:40 Reply

Man U 2-1 Arsenal
Fulham 1-0 Everton
Norwich 1-1 Stoke
Sunderland 1-0 Villa
Swansea 1-3 Chelsea
Tottenham 2-0 Wigan
West Ham 1-2 Man City
QPR 2-0 Reading
Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle
WBA 3-1 Soton

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2012-11-03 08:14:07 Reply

Wow, I thought I was cutting this week fine... where is everyone?

Man U 3-1 Arsenal
Fulham 1-1 Everton
Norwich 1-1 Stoke
Sunderland 1-0 Villa
Swansea 0-2 Chelsea
Tottenham 2-0 Wigan
West Ham 1-2 Man City
QPR 2-0 Reading
Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle
WBA 2-1 Soton

Hmmm... I made my talksport predictions three days ago and they almost exactly match yours DoD.... Hope that means we are both on for a big week! (Banker this week... Chelsea to win at Swansea).

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature