New Topic Respond to this Topic
Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 27th, 2007 @ 12:03 PM Reply

At 12/23/07 07:28 PM, Randominator wrote: Anyone got Football Manager 2008? I'm currently trying to take MK Dons to the Premier League (started in League 2) and its a struggle =p

That game's a nightmare!

It's so incredibly difficult. I can't think where I'm going wrong, it's just infuriating. I've always been pretty decent at managerial games before this.

How are you faring?

Give my thoughts form and make them look insightful.

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 27th, 2007 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 12/23/07 07:28 PM, Randominator wrote: Anyone got Football Manager 2008? I'm currently trying to take MK Dons to the Premier League (started in League 2) and its a struggle =p

I've never been a fan of managerial games, I guess I just don't have the patience to play through them. Need a bit more action to keep my attention :).

On a side note, did anyone hear about the internet group that planned to buy a football club, with each member gaining an equal stake and a say in all decisions, by vote. More to the point, was anyone interested in joining it? They took over Ebbsfleet United (a Blue Square Premier side) not too long ago, and I was really tempted to sign up and be a manager for real (sort of). Certainly a unique opportunity to be involved for real in the workings of a club- had it been a team I had more of a connection with I certainly would have gone for it.

At 12/24/07 06:42 AM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: I'm going to leave NG for Christmas.
Happy holidays!
Love GOTHCLAWZ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope you're having a great Christmas, despite a Bristol City loss on Boxing day...

At 12/27/07 06:59 AM, Gagsy wrote:
I've been checking out a few Clubs recently, and I have noticed this one before and read a few posts and well when I hear something about Chelsea, I just have to get involved =P But I support Chelsea, I'll get flailed alive in here, surely! =O

I doubt it, most people seem to support Championship sides around here... and healthy debate is of course always welcomed- if anyone wants to bash Chelsea you can just argue them down (if I don't get there first). No reason to shout down the fans anyway, they certainly had no say in some rich Russian taking over, so anyone that wants to flail you can a) get lost and b) take pics...

Well, I hope for a lot of goals in the Newcastle net of course.. Don't want to see 4 get past us like yesterday.. Cracking game though, shame you didn't get tickets to that one =P

Yeah, Villa seem to have your number at the moment, though Chelsea seem to be having a rough spell with injuries. Hoping for more of the same, but Newcastle aren't nearly as good as Villa so should be a blue win.

Support them, come on it'll only be for 90 minutes! Give in to temptation and support a REAL football team for a change! o=)

Well if you put it like that... where did I put my black and white shirt?

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Randominator
Randominator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 28th, 2007 @ 02:48 AM Reply

At 12/27/07 12:03 PM, TheRoyalEnglishman wrote:
That game's a nightmare!

It's so incredibly difficult. I can't think where I'm going wrong, it's just infuriating. I've always been pretty decent at managerial games before this.

How are you faring?

Just about to start my third season with MK Dons. I won league 2 easily but league 1 was alot harder. Struggled at first but the 4-1-4-1 formation with wingers that cut into the box is brilliant. Ended up winning the play off final on penalities against Barnsley! (the critics had me tipped for relegation and the board only wanted survival =p)

So yea i need to spend some serious money if i want to stay in the Championship. Sucks because the MK Dons board are tight and i obviously won't be able to compete with the teams recently relegated from the premier league (including my parent club Fulham =p)

Alex Fernandez (19 year old striker) and Allien Whittaker(Jamaican goalie) are two awesome players that have done really well for me. If you start a new game in the lower leagues go for them straight away (they both rise in value very quickly due to them being potential premiership quality) Also i found this very helpful =p

Let me know how you get on =p

down on the upside

Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 28th, 2007 @ 06:07 AM Reply

I've had a go at a range of games, and I just seem to be sucking.

The general consensus from the people in there is that some games are going to be lost. But for example, I decided to say 'fuck it' and managed Barcelona, yet in the friendlies I barely drew with Portsmouth and was losing to Palermo. What the fuck?

I'm not sure what I want to do now. I had what I thought was a promising team in Eastbourne (Blue Square South) but now they're losing at home to Farnborough, who aren't even in that league.

I'm torn between that, the England job (mostly fun, but I can't get round Germany) and going back to CM4 to be Northern Ireland, who incidentally, I just beat Ukraine 3-0 with.

I'll probably try Eastbourne again.

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 28th, 2007 @ 04:07 PM Reply

Fabio Capello.

Opera buff, art collector, a travel connoisseur and master football tactician. Fabio Capello, the man appointed England's new coach, is all of those things and more.
The 61-year-old Italian might not seem the archetypal football boss, but he has an unprecedented level of success.
Capello has guided teams to nine league championships in 16 years as a coach, although Juventus were stripped of the 2005 and 2006 titles because of the club's involvement in a match-fixing scandal.
And he was the mastermind behind one of the greatest ever club performances when his AC Milan team trounced Barcelona 4-0 in the 1994 Champions League final, but he will also arrive in England with a reputation as a fierce disciplinarian.
Capello is not in football to make friends. He is interested only in success. And his uncompromising style means he brooks no alternative to his own methods.
Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon likened him to a dictator while he played under him at Juventus.
And Alessandro del Piero, Paolo di Canio, Ronaldo and England midfielder David Beckham have all felt the coach's wrath.
It was while he was at Madrid last January that Capello dropped Beckham after the midfielder announced he would be joining LA Galaxy at the end of the season.
But the Italian showed a sense of fairness in recalling the former England captain, once he had demonstrated his commitment to the team's cause.
And the married father-of-two was rewarded when a rejuvinated Beckham helped Madrid win their first Spanish title since 2003.
Marcel Desailly, who was captain at AC Milan when they won the 1994 European Cup final, says Capello's disciplined approach may not go down well with some players but says it will reap benefits.
"He's a difficult guy," said Desailly. "He's a professional and he's very demanding.
"First of all Capello will be very confident towards the tabloids, he doesn't mind, his life is only football. You won't find anything on him.
"Secondly if the players understand that the guy is hard because he wants to succeed then it's a victory.
"Also the guy tactically is very clever and I understand that he will be very keen on choosing the players and on the tactics he is going to use."
Capello's honours and success prove his credentials as the "world-class" manager the Football Association said it wanted to appoint.
Even Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who rarely agree on anything, have echoed the chorus of approval surrounding the Italian.
Critics will say his teams do not play an attacking and aesthetically-pleasing game, an issue which cost him his job at Madrid this year, but Capello pays little regard to his detractors.
While in charge of Real Madrid, he defended his style by saying: "The trend, at least watching the recent World Cup, is to play with only one forward in order to create space for other players.
"It will become increasingly difficult to play attacking football. You need players with great technical skill and personality. Every coach has his own tactical ideas which he then adapts to the players he has."
Capello has supreme confidence in his ability and has a deep-rooted history in the game.
He followed his father and uncle as professional footballers but surpassed them when he made his debut for the Italian national team, winning 32 caps in all.
Capello counts a 1973 goal against England, helping Italy to their first away win at Wembley, as a highlight of his career. But he regards medals and memories as "things closed away inside boxes".
A complex and intelligent character, Capello has an expensive art collection and takes holidays in unconventional destinations like Tibet, Mexico and Cambodia, choosing to visit historical temples and ruins.
He feels as comfortable at an opera house as he does on the touchline, and detaches himself from the game when it comes to his time away from football.
He was quick to put himself forward for the post once England had failed to reach Euro 2008 and it is something he has had in mind for a number of years.
Speaking in 2003, he said: "I am not interested in the Italian national team.
"I prefer to have a new experience, outside Italy. Between the national team and abroad, I choose England.
"For the language, the mentality. I believe I can do it. It is a dream of mine, something I have held for a long time."

Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 29th, 2007 @ 01:56 AM Reply

Ugh sorry man, i've been out of the country and apparently, Brazil just wouldn't let me log in to NG, been at Brazil for the holidays, visiting family members and such, and i can see that a coach has just flip someone off? good laughs, good laughs.

Brawl Name: Enjo!-Friend Code:0817-3550-8192, Hoping to become NG Champ for Tourney :)---Sig done by Loogiesquared

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 29th, 2007 @ 02:41 AM Reply

At 12/29/07 01:56 AM, Cigolini55 wrote: Ugh sorry man, i've been out of the country and apparently, Brazil just wouldn't let me log in to NG, been at Brazil for the holidays, visiting family members and such, and i can see that a coach has just flip someone off? good laughs, good laughs.

You went to Brazil for Christmas!?!?
What was that like?
Do they call Brazil Nuts, Nuts?

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 29th, 2007 @ 07:02 AM Reply

At 12/27/07 07:39 PM, Sentio wrote:
I doubt it, most people seem to support Championship sides around here... and healthy debate is of course always welcomed- if anyone wants to bash Chelsea you can just argue them down (if I don't get there first). No reason to shout down the fans anyway, they certainly had no say in some rich Russian taking over, so anyone that wants to flail you can a) get lost and b) take pics...

Lol, yeah I actually miss the old Chelsea. The side that could wallop Man U then the next week we'd struggle to a lower team at the Bridge and lose. ='] I miss being the underdog. Everyone loves an underdog. Take pictures of what?! =o

Yeah, Villa seem to have your number at the moment, though Chelsea seem to be having a rough spell with injuries. Hoping for more of the same, but Newcastle aren't nearly as good as Villa so should be a blue win.

Tell me about it.. Then we're buggered when this African Nation thing happened. Drogba, Essien, Kalou, Obi One.. Obviously the first two are the biggest losses.

Well if you put it like that... where did I put my black and white shirt?

Hopefully in a rubbish bag =P You'll wear blue, and support Chelsea you must! Don't forget to sing too! =D

CARE FREE, WHEREVER YOU MAY BE, WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC AND WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHOEVER YOU MAY BE CAUSE WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC! CHELSEA! CHELSEA! CHELSEA!

=D

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 29th, 2007 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 12/29/07 07:02 AM, Gagsy wrote:
Lol, yeah I actually miss the old Chelsea. The side that could wallop Man U then the next week we'd struggle to a lower team at the Bridge and lose. ='] I miss being the underdog. Everyone loves an underdog. Take pictures of what?! =o

I think a lot of people miss the old days of football, not just Chelsea- more physical, more grit, and more competition at the top, with less of a gulf between teams with way too much money and those with very little. Maybe the players weren't as skillful or talented, but I'd rather see a real match where the players have a bit of a scrap than some bunch of nancy boys rolling around on the floor. Hence watching the Championship more than the Premier League these days.

Tell me about it.. Then we're buggered when this African Nation thing happened. Drogba, Essien, Kalou, Obi One.. Obviously the first two are the biggest losses.

Hardly the only side with problems there though, and Drogba is out anyway at the moment.

Hopefully in a rubbish bag =P You'll wear blue, and support Chelsea you must! Don't forget to sing too! =D

I may have caught myself singing on the Chelsea... a little, though not enough to be blind to the horrible offside that won the game, really had to bite my tongue for that one, had a perfect view of it! Not exactly a deserved win, but the title race is more interesting now at least.

Is it sad that I was more excited about seeing Scott Sinclair come on for Chelsea than any of the other stars on the pitch, including the likes of Ballack (who was utter shite all game it should be said), Essien, Wright-Phillips, Joe Cole, and even Michael Owen (who had my sister drooling)? Loan him back to Plymouth, please!

Also a great draw for the Argyle today against third place Stoke, and still clinging on in the top 6 and a playoff spot! COME ON THE GREENS!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Ben
Ben
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 29th, 2007 @ 07:46 PM Reply

At 12/29/07 07:07 PM, MickTheChampion wrote: Motherwell captain Phil O'Donnell died after collapsing on the pitch, having a seizure.

R.I.P

Pretty shocking, and I feel for his nephew David Clarkson who was on the field at the time. That must have been terrible for him not to mention the rest of his family, friends and team mates.

RIP.

Minds shall break and bring a clear sky.

BBS Signature
Mr-Pope
Mr-Pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 29th, 2007 @ 09:32 PM Reply

At 12/29/07 06:57 PM, Sentio wrote: though not enough to be blind to the horrible offside that won the game, really had to bite my tongue for that one, had a perfect view of it! Not exactly a deserved win, but the title race is more interesting now at least.

That linesman should be shipped off to the Conference. The Twat.

Newcastle are, as always, a shambles of a club. Defence is still shite, Fat Sam is intent on playing players out of position, spanked by Derby and Wigan, and our prize thug Joey Barton is in jail (again) for assault.

At 12/29/07 07:07 PM, MickTheChampion wrote: Motherwell captain Phil O'Donnell died after collapsing on the pitch, having a seizure.

R.I.P

Very grim news.

A frightening amount of players have died on the pitch in the past few years.

cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 29th, 2007 @ 09:42 PM Reply

Coventry 2

Ipswitch 1

GET THE FUCK IN THERE!!!!!!

who watched it on sky cides me?

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 30th, 2007 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 12/29/07 09:32 PM, Mr-Pope wrote:
That linesman should be shipped off to the Conference. The Twat.

There really should be greater punishment for miserable decisions like that. The fact is if a manager can get fired for a few bad results (and Big Sam is certainly in the firing line at the moment no thanks to the linesman yesterday) then referees and their assistants should be fireable for horrible decisions like that. No excuses, I was towards the back of the west stand, a LONG way from the action, and the offside was clear as day- even the Newcastle fans at the other end had a perfect view.

Side note- why on Earth have they not brought in TV replays yet? Given got booked yesterday for pointing at the big screen in the ground that was CLEARLY showing the player offside. Any modicum of sense would see the ref look at the screen, after all every other person in the ground could, and disallow the goal. There would have been no more disruption than there already was, and Newcastle wouldn't have been cheated out of a point by a crap official.

Newcastle are, as always, a shambles of a club. Defence is still shite, Fat Sam is intent on playing players out of position, spanked by Derby and Wigan, and our prize thug Joey Barton is in jail (again) for assault.

Barton could be off in the January transfer window if they can find someone who will buy him- as it is the Newcastle board are apparently looking at a suitable punishment once he gets out of the slammer. Newcastle haven't had a solid defence in years, and would probably have been stuffed yesterday had Chelsea had a few of their big names fit up front, but their forwards are enough to keep them afloat.

R.I.P
Very grim news.

A frightening amount of players have died on the pitch in the past few years.

Too true, it seems to be becoming more and more common. Horrible news that another player has passed away in such dreadful circumstances.

R.I.P.

At 12/29/07 09:42 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: Coventry 2

Ipswitch 1

Thanks for keeping Ipswich where they belong- behind Plymouth =D

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 31st, 2007 @ 11:47 AM Reply

At 12/29/07 09:42 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: Coventry 2
Ipswitch 1

Well done, though I don't think there is a Ipswitch or Coventry fan besides you.
Also, why don't you go there & support your home team at there ground?

Bristol City are getting a new stadium, 38'000 seater, I think that bigger than the Rico stadium, Unless that was 45'000 or something.

Burnly 0-1 Bristol City

I went to that game, totaly fucking mint!!

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Dec. 31st, 2007 @ 02:58 PM Reply

At 12/31/07 12:17 PM, MickTheChampion wrote: Looks like the Old Firm match has been postponed aswell.

Where you there!?

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 1st, 2008 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 11/9/07 06:42 PM, Sentio wrote:
At 11/9/07 03:49 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Heres my championship estimation.
Haha, very optimistic there. No chance of Bristol coming top, sorry.

You where saying?

Bristol City 2-1 Coventry
Attendance: 15,899

This game totaly kicked ass!
I got a middlesboro game to go to this Saturday for the FA-Cup, we'll see if we really are Premier material.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 2nd, 2008 @ 11:26 AM Reply

At 1/1/08 01:23 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 11/9/07 06:42 PM, Sentio wrote:
At 11/9/07 03:49 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Heres my championship estimation.
Haha, very optimistic there. No chance of Bristol coming top, sorry.
You where saying?

Bristol City 2-1 Coventry
Attendance: 15,899

This game totaly kicked ass!
I got a middlesboro game to go to this Saturday for the FA-Cup, we'll see if we really are Premier material.

hey fuck you >:(

also about me not going to game at richo,i live in the forest of dean, so yeah, its quite a while away, also i was born and raised in cov my family just moved down here to own a pub and get away from rat race.

Bring on Blackburn!!!!!
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 2nd, 2008 @ 12:32 PM Reply

At 1/2/08 10:00 AM, Kagoe wrote: Wow! My brothers own club, I'm jealous lol. Either way, it would be kewl to join because I Iove football and NG. So both together is great.

This is my sister, she not much of a really football fan.
She'll go when Bristol City are playing premier games & darbys. & MillWall.

At 1/2/08 11:26 AM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: hey fuck you >:(

Alright deery carlm down!
I'm sure Coventry will have more luck next season,

League One should be easy once Leeds are up.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 2nd, 2008 @ 12:49 PM Reply

At 1/2/08 12:32 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 1/2/08 10:00 AM, Kagoe wrote: Wow! My brothers own club, I'm jealous lol. Either way, it would be kewl to join because I Iove football and NG. So both together is great.
This is my sister, she not much of a really football fan.
She'll go when Bristol City are playing premier games & darbys. & MillWall.

At 1/2/08 11:26 AM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: hey fuck you >:(
Alright deery carlm down!
I'm sure Coventry will have more luck next season,

League One should be easy once Leeds are up.

ha thats fuckin rich, especialy since you just came up from there, also us going down is unlikly cause unlike bristol we have 20mill to spend in jan :)
GDAY

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 2nd, 2008 @ 01:05 PM Reply

At 1/2/08 12:49 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: ha thats fuckin rich, especialy since you just came up from there, also us going down is unlikly cause unlike bristol we have 20mill to spend in jan :)
GDAY

Lol, we're the best team in the champ ^^

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 4th, 2008 @ 10:21 AM Reply

Bristol City Vs Middlesbrough

Ashton Gate
Saturday 5 January
Third Round
Kick-off:
03:00pm
Referee: Chris Foy (Merseyside)
Replay: Tues, 15 January, 08:00pm
BBC coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Five Live & highlights on Match of the Day. Featured game on Score and Final Score.

We are missing our captin & center deffence middfielder (how ever that goes).

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 4th, 2008 @ 10:33 AM Reply

At 1/2/08 01:05 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 1/2/08 12:49 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: ha thats fuckin rich, especialy since you just came up from there, also us going down is unlikly cause unlike bristol we have 20mill to spend in jan :)
GDAY
Lol, we're the best team in the champ ^^

Not formuch longer.

cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 12:13 PM Reply

Blackburn 1

Coventry 4

History was made today.

CMON CITY!!!!

Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 12:16 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 12:13 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: History was made today.

Not really...

A grand result, but a Championship side knocking out a Premier one is nothing new.

But well done, all the same.

Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 12:18 PM Reply

Ah crap, i need a update on soccer, and a short version. anyone care to update me?

Brawl Name: Enjo!-Friend Code:0817-3550-8192, Hoping to become NG Champ for Tourney :)---Sig done by Loogiesquared

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 12:54 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 12:16 PM, TheRoyalEnglishman wrote:
At 1/5/08 12:13 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: History was made today.
Not really...

A grand result, but a Championship side knocking out a Premier one is nothing new.

But well done, all the same.

o come on, granted a championship team takin out a prem is rare, but for it to be blackburns strongest side availible and to be hammered at home, thats something to be remembered.

cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 01:05 PM, MickTheChampion wrote: Does everyone in this club support tedious Championship sides?

sorry that we're loyal to the place we were born and support them when they do something brilliant, we cant all live in a small place with only two clubs who're good standard clubs in your case celtic and rangers but hey id rather be a supporter of a "tedious" championship club than a jock who supports celtic who's manager by the way was the manager of my "tedious" championship club at one point in his carreer.

cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 05:07 PM, MickTheChampion wrote:
At 1/5/08 01:56 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote:
Do you want Strachan back by the way? You can have him.

Lol i dont know why you're all anoyyed with him, he got you to the Euro didnt he? more thn he did us, bastard got us relegated.

Still though labeling everythin in the championship tedious is a bit ignorant isnt it?

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 07:18 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 01:05 PM, MickTheChampion wrote: Does everyone in this club support tedious Championship sides?

Better than supporting pretentious overpaid players in the Premiership... and there is plenty of class in the Championship, just none of it is to be found at Home Park- but I'm hardly complaining, if tedium wins you games so be it!

I've got a little interest in proceedings up north as well mind, my girlfriend is from Inverness so we watch out for Caly Thistle every week- I seem to remember them beating Celtic recently... I was going to say the Scottish League was equally tedious and predictable (after all it has been some time since a side other than Rangers and Celtic has won the league), but maybe that proves otherwise.

Also the Green army march on once again! Somehow I don't think they'll make it the last 8 again like last year (and that would probably hinder any fleeting chances of promotion anyway), so maybe a draw with one of the big guns would be nice in round 4- I quite fancy a trip down to Plymouth to see United or Arsenal get bogged down by a bit of Championship tedium!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 5th, 2008 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 1/5/08 07:09 PM, MickTheChampion wrote:
At 1/5/08 05:24 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote:
Lol i dont know why you're all anoyyed with him, he got you to the Euro didnt he? more thn he did us, bastard got us relegated.
Our performance hasn't been great though, and the only reason we're in the last 16 this year is because of the result's of other teams.

Trust me, alot of cov fans would like to be in last 16 with sloppy play than to be in championship, but still cov have new owners now just in time for jan so hopefully this is the season we go up and then we can beat blackburn 4-1 and get 3 points

I was happier with O'Neill, the UEFA Cup Final in Seville was something else. That proved that Celtic have the biggest travelling support on earth.

Now you are being ignorant, imdisputing that you dont have a great folowing dont get me wrong but to come out with a statement like that is quite up your own arse.

Still though labeling everythin in the championship tedious is a bit ignorant isnt it?
Not really, you have to admit that the football isn't all that good to watch. Neither is the SPL.

You be honest with me, do you ever watch the Scottish Premier League? Now why do you think I never watch the Championship?

then, if you dont watch the championship, how cn you label everythin in it tedious? and no i dont watch the SPL but i do at least watch celtic, rangers or whoever whenever they're on sky, now you be honest with me, did you watch cov v west ham when we were on sky?