New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 19th, 2011 @ 12:17 PM Reply

At 9/18/11 02:11 PM, Ejit wrote: I like these predictions; you either get a high score or a great weekend of football.

That Torres miss kind of ruined my afternoon though.

Cheer up, at least he scored a goal --- you'll probably wait for another three months before he scores again. :P

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 19th, 2011 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 9/19/11 12:12 PM, Malachy wrote: So Britain (or rather England) wants to field a GB team for the 2012 London Olympics to represent all Scotland, Wales, England, N. Ireland... How did they think that was going to fly?

The Scots are doing everything to block it, Wales aren't too happy about it and I don't know about N.Ireland. Mainly because all of the home nations accept England are wank and wont get a fucking player in the team. It should go ahead it's just this one time, also a scotsman Sir Alex looks like he's gonna be the manger so yeah, this shit better happen.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 19th, 2011 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 9/19/11 01:23 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote:
At 9/19/11 12:12 PM, Malachy wrote: So Britain (or rather England) wants to field a GB team for the 2012 London Olympics to represent all Scotland, Wales, England, N. Ireland... How did they think that was going to fly?
Mainly because all of the home nations accept England are wank and wont get a fucking player in the team.

That has to be one of the better spelling errors I've seen... yes England are wank and will be lucky to get anyone in the team!

The fact is we are only doing it to have some home representation in the football competition, otherwise there will be no chance of selling any of the millions of tickets for it. Football shouldn't be a part of the Olympics anyway, as nobody actually cares who wins it. Any sport in which the Olympics is not the pinnacle of the sport should not be included in the Games, it just waters down how special the event is.

And how many non-England players do we see making the team? Scotland and Wales can moan about it all they want, but the reality is it will be an 'England' team playing under a different flag, with the possible addition of Bale and Ramsey. I can't see many other players getting in.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 19th, 2011 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 9/19/11 03:00 PM, Sentio wrote:
That has to be one of the better spelling errors I've seen... yes England are wank and will be lucky to get anyone in the team!

Oopsie, for England skeptics that's a fantastic spelling error, and yeah I know it's just to have home representation in the London Olympics. We may never see the Olympics in Britain again it's just for this one time, it will happen I'm sure of it. Off topic Plymouth sacked Peter Reid! He sold his FA cup winners medal to pay your players wages and your board sack him. That's an utter fucking disgrace boooooo.

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 07:04 AM Reply

Pogba starting tonight.. exciting stuff! Some young players starting and the chance to beat the scum! ;D

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 11:56 AM Reply

At 9/20/11 07:04 AM, Ledgey wrote: Pogba starting tonight.. exciting stuff! Some young players starting and the chance to beat the scum! ;D

Yea, put on your reserve team and get turned over again. Are you really for your Champions League Final tonight, Ledgey? ;)

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 12:17 PM Reply

Just admit it, Ledgey, your team want revenge. I thought that we were not famous anymore. :P

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 12:53 PM Reply

Hey, it's the Carling Cup and we're playing what seems to be our third team (if Pogba and co play). However I want them to do well because I wanna see our youth pay off, especially Pogba who looks fantastic.

But yeah, I can't really deny that it's always a pleasure to beat Leeds, so bring it on ;)

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 01:39 PM Reply

At 9/20/11 12:53 PM, Ledgey wrote: But yeah, I can't really deny that it's always a pleasure to beat Leeds, so bring it on ;)

Heading to the pub to watch it in a few minutes. One of my mates is a Leeds fan and going so I'll definitely be cheering Man United on ;)

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 01:58 PM Reply

At 9/19/11 05:02 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote: Off topic Plymouth sacked Peter Reid! He sold his FA cup winners medal to pay your players wages and your board sack him. That's an utter fucking disgrace boooooo.

Don't tar the fans with the same brush- Ridsdale sacked Reid, and the fans are absolutely up in arms about it. There are any number of protests/strikes/boycotts being threatened as a result. Reid was the only honourable thing left at Plymouth, and his sacking after all he has done for us in the last year is truly disgusting. It is the first time in 20+ years that I have felt utterly ashamed of my club (by which I mean Ridsdale), and honestly I am giving up all hope that they may turn this around. Destined to be the biggest name yet to cease to exist I fear.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 04:39 PM Reply

Wow, what a game. Not so much for how we played but how great our support was. Couldn't even hear Leeds fans at all... Loved the rendition of Keano's song and 7 Cantona's...

But yeah, well played to Pogba, Cole and Fryers before his injury. And Berba at centre back? we do what we want!

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 05:57 PM Reply

At 9/20/11 04:39 PM, Ledgey wrote: Wow, what a game. Not so much for how we played but how great our support was. Couldn't even hear Leeds fans at all... Loved the rendition of Keano's song and 7 Cantona's...

But yeah, well played to Pogba, Cole and Fryers before his injury. And Berba at centre back? we do what we want!

Unforunately spoiled a little bit by a few arseholes singing about Istanbul. People like that can't be considered football fans, let alone Manchester United fans.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 22nd, 2011 @ 11:03 AM Reply

At 9/20/11 12:53 PM, Ledgey wrote: Hey, it's the Carling Cup and we're playing what seems to be our third team (if Pogba and co play). However I want them to do well because I wanna see our youth pay off, especially Pogba who looks fantastic.

But yeah, I can't really deny that it's always a pleasure to beat Leeds, so bring it on ;)

No chance of getting anything positive with Bates in charge. Even the fans knew it as they even did not fill up the stadium.
You know, when the Elland Road crowds failed to fill up the stadium with Man U as the opposition, there is clearly something wrong with the club.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 22nd, 2011 @ 11:10 AM Reply

At 9/20/11 01:58 PM, Sentio wrote: Don't tar the fans with the same brush- Ridsdale sacked Reid, and the fans are absolutely up in arms about it. There are any number of protests/strikes/boycotts being threatened as a result. Reid was the only honourable thing left at Plymouth, and his sacking after all he has done for us in the last year is truly disgusting. It is the first time in 20+ years that I have felt utterly ashamed of my club (by which I mean Ridsdale), and honestly I am giving up all hope that they may turn this around. Destined to be the biggest name yet to cease to exist I fear.

Sentio...I told you that Ridsdale should be banned to run ANY football club for the rest of his life. There is only one destination where a football club is going with him in charge --- hell. He is even worse than Bates.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 22nd, 2011 @ 11:28 AM Reply

Why the hell did we bring Danny Pugh back? He was rubbish five years ago with us and has not improved much over the years. Oh, that is right, he is the CHEAP option and Bates loves that.
I pray to God that Father Time takes Bates out ASAP, he has been living for way too long for the sick of Leeds.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:22 PM Reply

At 9/22/11 11:03 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
No chance of getting anything positive with Bates in charge. Even the fans knew it as they even did not fill up the stadium.
You know, when the Elland Road crowds failed to fill up the stadium with Man U as the opposition, there is clearly something wrong with the club.

So now you go from saying you won't be surprised if they win to saying they had no chance? Make your mind up already!

At 9/22/11 11:10 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
Sentio...I told you that Ridsdale should be banned to run ANY football club for the rest of his life. There is only one destination where a football club is going with him in charge --- hell. He is even worse than Bates.

You make it sound like you are the only person in the world who has noticed this... when the fans of Plymouth were universally devastated when he got involved and expected nothing less than this. I even said as much in this thread when he first got involved. All in all a massively insightful post as per usual...

At 9/22/11 11:28 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Why the hell did we bring Danny Pugh back? He was rubbish five years ago with us and has not improved much over the years. Oh, that is right, he is the CHEAP option and Bates loves that.
I pray to God that Father Time takes Bates out ASAP, he has been living for way too long for the sick of Leeds.

And now back to the same old same old whine.

I thought it would have been clear to you when you had your quadruple post deleted a few weeks back and you were forum banned (by my request), but maybe you need it repeating. On this website multiple posting is frowned upon, and especially when it is three posts in the space of half an hour in a club that is not that active. In fact you make a point of double posting here. Learn to quote, make insightful and interesting posts (especially in the C&C forum) and generally behave like an intelligent human being rather than a whining child throwing his toys out of the pram every time Bates does anything at all. At least your club is signing players- it could be much worse!

Continued spam like this not only makes you look foolish as a long standing member of this website who should know much better, especially considering your supposed education, but it also puts the club at risk of being locked. I don't want that and I suspect none of the other regular members do.

Further double posts will result in me contacting a mod to have you forum banned for spam. Much newer and less experienced members have worked out how to quote multiple posts, I'm sure you can manage it.

Yes I've had a crap day on top of a crap week, but I am fed up of seeing this thread being bumped with meaningless spam- it is one of the few places I still post in, and that is due to some interesting conversation about a sport I love, not this rubbish.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 23rd, 2011 @ 01:55 PM Reply

PREDICTION TIME!

Saturday
Man City 2-0 Everton
Arsenal 2-1 Bolton
Chelsea 3-1 Swansea
Liverpool 1-1 Wolves
Newcastle 1-0 Blackburn
West Brom 0-1 Fulham
Wigan 0-3 Tottenham
Stoke 0-2 Man Utd

Sunday
QPR 1-1 Aston Villa

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 23rd, 2011 @ 02:33 PM Reply

Arsenal 2 - 0 Bolton
Chelsea 3 - 0 Swansea
Liverpool 2 - 1 Wolves
Manchester City 2 - 0 Everton
Newcastle 1 - 1 Blackburn
Stoke 0 - 3 Manchester United
West Brom 2 - 1 Fulham
Wigan 1 - 1 Tottenham

QPR 1 - 0 Aston Villa

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 23rd, 2011 @ 03:26 PM Reply

Arsenal 1 - 2 Bolton
Chelsea 4 - 1 Swansea
Liverpool 2 - 2 Wolves
Manchester City 3 - 0 Everton
Stoke 0 - 1 Manchester United
West Brom 0 - 0 Fulham
Wigan 1 - 9 Tottenham

QPR 2 - 0 Aston Villa

Norwich 0 - 3 Sunderland

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 23rd, 2011 @ 03:32 PM Reply

Arsenal 3 - 2 Bolton
Chelsea 5 - 0 Swansea
Liverpool 3 - 0 Wolves
Manchester City 4 - 0 Everton
Newcastle 0 - 0 Blackburn
Stoke 1 - 3 Manchester United
West Brom 1 - 1 Fulham
Wigan 0 - 3 Tottenham

QPR 1 - 1 Aston Villa

Norwich 0 - 1 Sunderland

I'm sticking a limb out and saying this is a much easier bunch to predict than last week, with all of the 'top 6' having easier fixtures and what should all be wins. Now watch Stoke hammer United 4-0!

Also a day after my rant last night, and after a much better day where I haven't been surrounded by whining children all day, I recognise that I should have contacted DoD via PM rather than posting here, though I still stand by my comments. It would serve all of us to remember that we have a responsibility to post well in this club and encourage others to do so, but perhaps public floggings aren't necessary!

And on a much much brighter note, the future of my beloved Argyle is much rosier today as James Brent confirms he is close to taking over, with the backing of the fans and local council. This also signals the end of the parasite Peter Ridsdale, and about time to!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Jonny
Jonny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 23rd, 2011 @ 04:23 PM Reply

Arsenal 1 - 2 Bolton
Chelsea 4 - 1 Swansea
Liverpool 3 - 1 Wolves
Manchester City 2 - 2 Everton
Newcastle 0 - 2 Blackburn
Stoke 1 - 5 Manchester United
West Brom 1 - 1 Fulham
Wigan 0 - 4 Tottenham

QPR 0 - 2 Aston Villa

Norwich 0 - 1 Sunderland

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 23rd, 2011 @ 07:08 PM Reply

Arsenal 0 - 1 Bolton
Chelsea 3 - 0 Swansea
Liverpool 2 - 1 Wolves
Manchester City 0 - 0 Everton
Stoke 2 - 2 Manchester United
West Brom 4 - 1 Fulham
Wigan 0 - 2 Tottenham

QPR 1 - 3 Aston Villa

Norwich 0 - 0 Sunderland

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 23rd, 2011 @ 08:14 PM Reply

I forgot the Norwich - Sunderland game!

Norwich 2 - 2 Sunderland

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:23 PM Reply

Shocking Sunday League defense. I think that even if we play against Sentio's Plymouth, we will probably find a way to concede TWO goals. The good news is that we have enough firepower to stay up with McCormack having a great season.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 05:24 AM Reply

At 9/23/11 04:23 PM, Jonny wrote: Arsenal 1 - 2 Bolton
Chelsea 4 - 1 Swansea
Liverpool 3 - 1 Wolves
Manchester City 2 - 2 Everton
Newcastle 0 - 2 Blackburn
Stoke 1 - 5 Manchester United
West Brom 1 - 1 Fulham
Wigan 0 - 4 Tottenham

QPR 0 - 2 Aston Villa

Norwich 0 - 1 Sunderland

I do not mean to double-post, but my last post in this thread was made a few hours ago, so...
Anyway, there are my predictions
Arsenal 2-1 Bolton
Chelsea 4-0 Swansea
Liverpool 2-0 Wolves
Man City 3-1 Everton
Newcastle 1-0 Blackburn
Stoke 0-3 Man U
WBA 1-1 Fulham
Wigan 1-2 Tottenham
QPR 0-0 Villa
Norwich 1-0 Sunderland

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 05:49 AM Reply

Turns out I've got Sky Sports for free for the weekend so I'll be tuning in to Man City / Everton later today. Predictions:

Saturday 24th September
---
Man City 3 vs 0 Everton
Arsenal 2 vs 1 Bolton
Chelsea 2 vs 0 Swansea
Liverpool 2 vs 0 Wolverhampton
Newcastle 2 vs 1 Blackburn
West Brom 1 vs 1 Fulham
Wigan 1 vs 2 Tottenham
Stoke 1 vs 3 Man Utd

Sunday 25th September
---
QPR 0 vs 0 Aston Villa

Monday 26th September
---
Norwich 0 vs 1 Sunderland

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:13 AM Reply

I'm a little late on the Man City game. Got on very very late. Hope it can still be counted as game is 0-0 atm, though if not I understand 3:

Saturday 24th September
---
Man City 2 vs 1 Everton
Arsenal 2 vs 2 Bolton
Chelsea 3 vs 0 Swansea
Liverpool 2 vs 0 Wolverhampton
Newcastle 1 vs 1 Blackburn
West Brom 0 vs 0 Fulham
Wigan 1 vs 3 Tottenham
Stoke 2 vs 2 Man Utd

Sunday 25th September
---
QPR 0 vs 2 Aston Villa

Monday 26th September
---
Norwich 1 vs 2 Sunderland

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Jonny
Jonny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 12:00 PM Reply

I actually got a prediction spot on this week, I'm quite proud.

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 12:17 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 12:00 PM, Jonny wrote: I actually got a prediction spot on this week, I'm quite proud.

I've gotten every game right so far but only one actual scoreline.

Also: TOON, TOON, TOON ARMY!

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 12:00 PM, Jonny wrote: I actually got a prediction spot on this week, I'm quite proud.

So far so good for me as well. :D

BBS Signature