New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 11th, 2011 @ 11:08 PM Reply

Since when did Tottenham become a good team?

Of course they are! Maybe not top four material but their run in the Champion's League was incredible and they have some world class players. Would be ridiculous to assume otherwise!

I cannot wait for your excuses when your Reds lose out to my Whites again next Tuesday. :P

I wish I was in the country for that game, it's always nice to see United trash Leeds ;)

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 03:33 AM Reply

Dreading next Sunday.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 06:02 AM Reply

At 9/12/11 03:33 AM, Gagsy wrote: Dreading next Sunday.

creaming my knickers in anticipation

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 08:32 AM Reply

At 9/12/11 03:33 AM, Gagsy wrote: Dreading next Sunday.

Take comfort in the fact that you cannot do as bad as Arsenal.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 11:34 AM Reply

At 9/11/11 11:08 PM, Ledgey wrote: Of course they are! Maybe not top four material but their run in the Champion's League was incredible and they have some world class players. Would be ridiculous to assume otherwise!

OMG, TOTTENHAM HAD A RUN IN THE CL AND MADE IT TO THE QUATERFINALS, THEY MUST BE AN ELITE TEAM. KEEP IN MIND THAT EVEN MY WHITES MADE IT TO THE SEMIFINALS OF THE CL 10 YEARS AGO, SO BY YOUR LOGIC, IT MEANS THAT LEEDS ARE AN ELITE TEAM AS WELL, NO?

I wish I was in the country for that game, it's always nice to see United trash Leeds ;)

Was that why your bought a ticket to watch your beloved Reds getting embrassed in your backyard Old Trafford by a then L1 outfit 2 years ago? I am sure that my boys have no problem beating your lots again. ;)
By the way, like your guys who still have the PL and the CL to worry about, next Tuesday's game will be our only meaningful game of the season since promotion won't be an option until Bates dies. With that being said, the Leeds players will all be fired up for the game. Advantage Leeds. :P

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 01:05 PM Reply

At 9/12/11 11:34 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
OMG, TOTTENHAM HAD A RUN IN THE CL AND MADE IT TO THE QUATERFINALS, THEY MUST BE AN ELITE TEAM. KEEP IN MIND THAT EVEN MY WHITES MADE IT TO THE SEMIFINALS OF THE CL 10 YEARS AGO, SO BY YOUR LOGIC, IT MEANS THAT LEEDS ARE AN ELITE TEAM AS WELL, NO?

Ugh, for a supposedly well educated guy you aren't half deliberately stupid sometimes. Obviously there is a massive difference between a side that made the quarter finals last year with virtually the same side (arguably stronger with Adebayor now), and the semi finals 10 years ago with an entirely different side from the one now. Anyone that doesn't think Spurs are a top side with the players they have is either ignorant or trolling, and the latter isn't welcome here.

Leeds on the other hand are not a top side, and probably won't be for a very long time, but certainly were 10 years ago.

By the way, like your guys who still have the PL and the CL to worry about, next Tuesday's game will be our only meaningful game of the season since promotion won't be an option until Bates dies. With that being said, the Leeds players will all be fired up for the game. Advantage Leeds. :P

The ONLY way that Leeds stand a chance is because United will not care about the game. Were it in the league or Champions League United would win 99 times out of 100, and thrash them on most of those occasions. I truly hope that they murder Leeds just to shut you up for a while.

Hopefully latest update of the prediction league tomorrow after the Monday night game.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 01:11 PM Reply

Hey hey hey! We never said elite team, we said good team! Don't be getting carried away now ;D

No doubt Leeds will be fired up and intending to prove something, but alas even though it's a small game for us it's always nice to get one up over Leeds :)

Dreading next Sunday.

You and me both, sister. :XX

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 04:14 PM Reply

Dreading next Sunday.

I'll explain that, as much as I'm looking forward to us playing Chelsea, I think it's always a difficult game for us. Not to mention I really like the look of some of your new signings... Still, I think we can take you, especially at OT.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 13th, 2011 @ 04:47 AM Reply

At 9/12/11 06:02 AM, Tummbumm wrote:
creaming my knickers in anticipation

In my opinion, you're either brave or a fool. I'll let you know about 6.30pm Sunday.

At 9/12/11 08:32 AM, CharltonChinchilla wrote:
Take comfort in the fact that you cannot do as bad as Arsenal.

Never say never.

:(

At 9/12/11 04:14 PM, Ledgey wrote:
I'll explain that, as much as I'm looking forward to us playing Chelsea, I think it's always a difficult game for us. Not to mention I really like the look of some of your new signings... Still, I think we can take you, especially at OT.

Well in my dream last night we defeated Man U. One defection I think and the other was a Lampard penalty that hit the post then went in. It won't happen irl of course. I tend to dream about Chelsea v Man U fairly often and the results never reflect real life - thankfully. As in some dreams Man U destroy us ;_;

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 13th, 2011 @ 12:07 PM Reply

At 9/13/11 09:48 AM, Ejit wrote: Are we doing group stage predictions?

Aw, go on

Nothing stopping you making predictions, but I won't be including them in the weekly updates for the simple reason that I don't have time to collate two sets of results per week (one set is bad enough!). However if someone else wanted to take responsibility for a secondary prediction league for European competition I'm sure it would go down well.

Speaking of which...

NGFC Prediction League: Week 2 Results

A couple of notes- I added in rank changes this week, with a few movers as people start to get involved. Can I also ask that we try and keep all predictions to one post rather than splitting them over the weekend, as it makes life much easier for me, and also for people to try and make predictions on Thursday at the earliest for weekend fixtures for the same reason. Should you know you will be away PM me your predictions, as at least then I know where to find them. There is nothing worse than trawling through pages of thread to find them, and that is how mistakes are made.

Rank // Correct Results // Perfect Scores // Weekly points // Overall points // Name // Rank Change

01. // 7 // 0 // 07 // 17 // Sentio 0
02. // 5 // 1 // 07 // 15 // Gagsy 0
02. // 7 // 0 // 07 // 15 // HeartbreakHoldout 0
02. // 7 // 3 // 13 // 15 // Ejit +1
05. // 5 // 1 // 07 // 11 // Ledgey -1
06. // 5 // 2 // 09 // 09 // DannyIsOnFire NEW
07. // 3 // 2 // 07 // 08 // Tummbumm -1
07. // 6 // 1 // 08 // 08 // CharltonChinchilla NEW
09. // 7 // 0 // 07 // 07 // Jonny NEW
10. // 5 // 0 // 05 // 05 // Dream-of-Duke NEW

Weekly Highest Score: Ejit (13)
Highest Score all time: Ejit (13)
Weekly average score: 7.7
Toughest prediction: Stoke 1-0 Liverpool (nobody predicted that!)
Easiest prediction: Man City 3-0 Wigan (a couple got that one spot on, and I think everyone predicted the result).

A tough score to beat from Ejit there, that is higher than anyone managed in the BBC game last year so quite an early marker! Well done!

Once again suggestions welcome for additions, and let me know if I have made any mistakes, it is quite possible as I did it before work this morning and I was only half awake.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 13th, 2011 @ 12:21 PM Reply

Sentio, the fact that Alex Ferguson fielded a fairly strong team with the likes of Rooney in the line-up in the famous FA Cup shocker indicated that he obviously cared about that game.
Yes, the Man U players will be out for revenge this time, but we are a division higher than we were two years ago, so bring it on!
I am not saying that my boys would win again, but if they do, I will not be surprised.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 13th, 2011 @ 12:58 PM Reply

At 9/13/11 12:21 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Sentio, the fact that Alex Ferguson fielded a fairly strong team with the likes of Rooney in the line-up in the famous FA Cup shocker indicated that he obviously cared about that game.
Yes, the Man U players will be out for revenge this time, but we are a division higher than we were two years ago, so bring it on!
I am not saying that my boys would win again, but if they do, I will not be surprised.

Ignoring the fact that I never mentioned the FA Cup result two years ago... Yes, pick out Rooney as a first choice player and ignore the rest of the line-up just to make your poorly argued and illogical point (why am I surprised?)...

Kuszczak, Neville, Vidic, Jonathan Evans,
Fabio Da Silva, Welbeck, Gibson, Anderson, Obertan, Berbatov, Rooney

That in no way is a first choice Man united team (I count at the time 6 definite second team players and a debatable 2 more, with only Rooney, Berbatov and Vidic definitely first team at the time), thus it can be assumed that the FA Cup was not a priority. Sure, I doubt Ferguson ever puts a side out with the intention of losing, but had it been the actual first team few would bet on a Leeds win.

And you will be the only person who would be not be surprised by a Leeds win. I can't quite believe that someone that has done nothing but moan about crap his team is all season can now suddenly turn around and claim he expects the same team to beat one of the best sides in Europe. Ridiculous.

Note, I never said they can't win, only that it is staggeringly unlikely. Anything is possible, but anyone with any sense at all would bet on a comfortable Man United win.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 13th, 2011 @ 02:11 PM Reply

At 9/13/11 01:47 PM, Ejit wrote: Thanks Sentio. Likewise if you're ever unlikely to be about one of us can do it. I breifly considered tabling cl predictions but it seemed like a silly idea considering the number of fixtures and relative obscurity of some of the teams, as well as there being months between fixtures and so on.

Cheers, I am sure I will need some help at times thanks to a very busy working life these days, and plenty of commitments at home as well. Looking into the future there will be moving into a new house in a couple of months that will no doubt disturb updates, and then I will need to split the job over the busy Christmas period as there will be serious fixture congestion. If I need someone to take the role for a week I'll post here, and through PM/email I can send the word doc I've used so far to collate updates.

So what match(es) are you lot going to be watching tonight? Since I'm supposedly neutral to all but Arsenal I suppose I'll try to watch Dortmund v Arsenal and root against them, though since I have no skysports and I won't be going anywhere it'll probably depend which has the best stream and then watch highlights.
I'm not sure what to make of Barcelona v Milan. The names sound good but could be one-sided.

Probably none of them as I don't have Sky, but I'm a regular reader of the live updates on the BBC website (and occasional contributor- I once had a comment quoted a front page article when West Ham bought Tevez and Macherano! I miss the 606 forums.) Also I am currently catching up on the weekends NFL fixtures, as I taped the late game on Sunday night and only just had chance to watch it. Good close game so far (and no, I don't know the result or the Monday night result of my team, the Broncos).

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 14th, 2011 @ 11:52 AM Reply

Sentio, you just don't get it, do you?
Unlike Man U who have the PL and the CL to worry about, the game next Tuesday is "the Champions League Final" for my Whites. Before you say that Leeds' priority is the Championship, every true Leeds fan knows that there is no way that the team will go up as long as Bates is still running the club. So on one side, you have one team who just want to get over the tie and advance with as few injures as possible, and another team that will rally for the occasion as they see the match as "their Champions League Final". Granted that Man U are far superior, but it is a one-game tie and anything can happen. I am not saying that my boys will win, but I won't be surprised if they do win.

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 14th, 2011 @ 06:22 PM Reply

Cheeky little prediction for the big derby Saturday.

Millwall P - P West Ham

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 12:09 PM Reply

lol, Inter Milan.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 03:06 PM Reply

Braga have only sold 13 tickets for their game tonight away to Birmingham.

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 9/15/11 03:06 PM, Gagsy wrote: Braga have only sold 13 tickets for their game tonight away to Birmingham.

Can you blame them? Have you seen Birmingham before? I wanna go home, I wanna go hoooome the Brum is a shit hole I wanna go home.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 9/15/11 03:16 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote:
Can you blame them? Have you seen Birmingham before? I wanna go home, I wanna go hoooome the Brum is a shit hole I wanna go home.

I have been in Birmingham before yes. I know the place seems to be like the laughing stock of the midlands and south but I didn't think what I saw of it was terrible.

Still it just seems kind of sad for Braga football club more than Birmingham. They asked for 700 tickets and could only sell a bakers dozen.

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 10:56 AM Reply

Working from 12-6 on Sunday so I'll be able to keep an eye on the two big games. Looking forward to that.

Predictions for the week:

Saturday 17th September
Blackburn Rovers 1 v 2 Arsenal
Aston Villa 1 v 2 Newcastle United
Bolton Wanderers 0 v 0 Norwich City
Everton 1 v 0 Wigan Athletic
Swansea City 1 v 1 West Bromwich Albion
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 v 1 QPR

Sunday 18th September
Tottenham Hotspur 2 v 3 Liverpool
Fulham 0 v 3 Manchester City
Sunderland 1 v 2 Stoke City
Manchester United 1 v 2 Chelsea

Pretty hard week to predict. Other than City beating Fulham, I think just about every other game could go either way.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 11:35 AM Reply

I don't think that Chelsea will pick up any point at Old Trafford with the way Man U are playing right now.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 12:15 PM Reply

Blackburn 0 v 1 Arsenal
Aston Villa 2 v 1 Newcastle
Bolton 3 v 0 Norwich
Everton 1 v 0 Wigan
Swansea 0 v 1 West Brom
Wolverhampton 1 v 1 QPR

Tottenham 2 v 2 Liverpool
Fulham 0 v 3 Man City
Sunderland 1 v 2 Stoke
Man Utd 3 v 0 Chelsea

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 01:37 PM Reply

Blackburn 1 v 0 Arsenal
Aston Villa 2 v 2 Newcastle
Bolton 2 v 0 Norwich
Everton 1 v 1 Wigan
Swansea 0 v 0 West Brom
Wolverhampton 2 v 0 QPR

------------

Tottenham 4 v 1 Liverpool
Fulham 0 v 1 Man City
Sunderland 0 v 3 Stoke
Man Utd 0 v 1 Chelsea

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 03:02 PM Reply

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Newcastle
Blackburn 1 - 2 Arsenal
Bolton 2 - 0 Norwich
Everton 1 - 1 Wigan
Swansea 1 - 2 West Brom (yes Swansea WILL score tomorrow.)
Wolves 2 - 1 QPR

Tottenham 1 - 1 Liverpool
Fulham 0 - 2 Manchester City
Sunderland 0 - 0 Stoke
Manchester United 2 - 1 Chelsea

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 07:52 PM Reply

Blackburn 0 v 2 Arsenal
Aston Villa 0 v 1 Newcastle
Bolton 2 v 0 Norwich
Everton 2 v 0 Wigan
Swansea 1 v 1 West Brom
Wolverhampton 3 v 2 QPR

Tottenham 1 v 1 Liverpool
Fulham 1 v 3 Man City
Sunderland 0 v 1 Stoke
Man Utd 3 v 2 Chelsea

Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 10:39 PM Reply

Blackburn 1 v 2 Arsenal
Aston Villa 1 v 1 Newcastle
Bolton 1 v 1 Norwich
Everton 2 v 0 Wigan
Swansea 0 v 0 West Brom
Wolverhampton 1 v 2 QPR

Tottenham 0 v 1 Liverpool
Fulham 1 v 2 Man City
Sunderland 1 v 0 Stoke
Man Utd 9 v 0 Chelsea (ok 2-1)

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 11:24 PM Reply

Blackburn 0 v 2 Arsenal
Aston Villa 2 v 1 Newcastle
Bolton 2 v 0 Norwich
Everton 2 v 0 WiganSwansea 1 v 1 West Brom
Wolverhampton 2 v 0 QPR

Tottenham 2 v 1 Liverpool
Fulham 1 v 3 Man City
Sunderland 1 v 1 Stoke
Man Utd 2 v 1 Chelsea

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 11:25 PM Reply

By the way, Swansea 1-1 WBA.

BBS Signature
Jonny
Jonny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 17th, 2011 @ 03:05 AM Reply

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Newcastle
Blackburn 1 - 1 Arsenal
Bolton 3 - 1 Norwich
Everton 1 - 1 Wigan
Swansea 0 - 1 West Brom
Wolves 1 - 1 QPR

Tottenham 2 - 1 Liverpool
Fulham 0 - 3 Manchester City
Sunderland 0 - 1 Stoke
Manchester United 2 - 2 Chelsea

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 17th, 2011 @ 06:41 AM Reply

Predictions for the week:

Saturday 17th September

Blackburn Rovers 1 v 1 Arsenal
Aston Villa 1 v 0 Newcastle United