New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-08-30 17:24:10 Reply

I've been telling everyone that Sneijder will sign for United. Tomorrow is a big day for me. I have at least two pints riding on him coming.

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature
TrueLAD
TrueLAD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-08-31 04:32:54 Reply

Liverpool! This is our season.

Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-08-31 11:06:47 Reply

At 8/30/11 05:24 PM, Ledgey wrote: I've been telling everyone that Sneijder will sign for United. Tomorrow is a big day for me. I have at least two pints riding on him coming.
You bloody fool

In all honesty I don't think we necessarily need him, but the way the saga has panned out at times I've been certain he'll come, only for it to break down again. If he didn't come, I wouldn't lose sleep (though I would lose a couple pints) but if he did, I'd be excited.

Also digging the prediction table system, Sentio

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-08-31 11:21:16 Reply

Sky Sports News are little cock teasers. They said at like lunchtime that there was 'exciting news happening around Old Trafford' then nothing else since. Viewers plug.

I think Sneijder will sign personally. And Modric will stay.

Also gutted to discover that Freeview doesn't have SkySports News anymore. I'm working this evening and would have liked to have that on in the backgrounds for all the breaking news. Now I got to make do with flicking between my work screen and the BBC website. WOE IS ME.

I don't see Chelsea doing any big signings really. Be nice to get a wonderful little surprise at the last minute like we did with David Luiz. That was off the radar right up until he was ours.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-08-31 15:12:13 Reply

Well, looks like a half decent day for the Villa - didn't honestly think I'd be saying that this early in the season, to be honest. Alan Hutton and Jermaine Jenas could walk through the doors at any moment, though we let Joe Cole slip past our grasp.

I think that there's a little ray of hope over Villa Park, particularly with the case looming against Blue Noses owner Carson Yeung. What a silly boy he's been :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-08-31 18:34:33 Reply

Nice to see keeping up with all the transfer news wasn't completely wasted on me. I really do love being involved in the last minute drama.

Also lol Ledgy.

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-08-31 19:42:48 Reply

Lol Meireles.

Overall a pretty boring D-Day and once again Everton is looking weaker... Not arsed about Sneijder, though I'm disappointed that the saga just died rather than anything spectacular happening. Still, I maintain that there was always a possibility he was gonna sign.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-08-31 20:34:43 Reply

At 8/31/11 07:42 PM, Ledgey wrote: Lol Meireles.

I was more laughing at your silly bet involving beers with chums. No need to get so personal.

Not sure which fans I feel more sorry for, Everton or Newcastle.

Stoke and QPR had an awesome transfer day.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-08-31 21:03:59 Reply

The 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying is already catching my eye here in the first round for most although 2nd Round for the Asian part of the qualifying. Also am I the only one here that watches MLS? If not than let's laugh at Toronto FC's trading Dwayne De Rosario to Los Angelos.

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-08-31 21:18:47 Reply

At 8/31/11 08:34 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 8/31/11 07:42 PM, Ledgey wrote: Lol Meireles.
I was more laughing at your silly bet involving beers with chums. No need to get so personal.

I totally wasn't! He's a good buy after his performance last season ;) shame about Modric for you guys though, and with us... would have loved to see him at United ;_; And don't remind me, they've already messaged me about it :X

Not sure which fans I feel more sorry for, Everton or Newcastle.

Has to be Everton, 0 buys (or did they actually get someone?) and selling one of their most influential players... Though bit of sympathy to the magpies (or as much sympathy I can give to a geordie).

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-08-31 21:48:13 Reply

At 8/31/11 09:03 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Also am I the only one here that watches MLS? If not than let's laugh at Toronto FC's trading Dwayne De Rosario to Los Angelos.

My knowledge of MLS is pretty limited to our pre-season tours and who LA Galaxy are buying next so I don't know too much. However, I'm interested in America having a strengthened league and being more involved with the game. Perhaps I should start watching bits.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-01 07:19:57 Reply

At 9/1/11 06:51 AM, Ejit wrote:
Why Newcastle? They got Demba Ba on a free, plus very good players Marveaux (free), Cabaye and Davide Santon. Sure a deal got away from them but they had one of the best transfer windows in the league for a club of their stature, in my opinion. Plus they got rid of Nolan and Barton. I think they might have a surprisingly good season.

Well the Caroll money I was thinking about really. Most of them seems to be sitting pretty with Mike Ashley.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-01 07:44:57 Reply

I think Spurs got a bit of a rough deal too really. Well Harry did.

I mean missing out on Cahill due to a couple of mil (which total would have been the same amount made from the Crouch move) seems almost silly. Plus I still don't get the whole turning down 30 million and Alex - who isn't a bad defender at all - for a player who obviously doesn't want to be there is well; I think someone said that Levy either has balls the size of watermelons or he's insane. I think it's somewhere inbetween personally. I hope Modric gets his head back on for Spurs now.

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-01 09:03:42 Reply

At 9/1/11 07:44 AM, Gagsy wrote: I hope Modric gets his head back on for Spurs now.

I'll enjoy the awkwardness between him and the fans until the next transfer window.

Hope it was worth it, Levy.

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-01 09:51:16 Reply

At 9/1/11 07:44 AM, Gagsy wrote: I hope Modric gets his head back on for Spurs now.

So he can get ready to sign for United in January? :D

But yeah, I think United's activity in January obviously depends on how well Cleverly does in that time period. If he's not just ready yet (although I believe that he already has the capability to compete on the highest level) then we'll probably go for maybe Modric or who knows, maybe even Sneijder. However I've always had faith in SAF's ability and we've stunned England with our youth before! Time for another swing.

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-01 09:54:29 Reply

At 9/1/11 07:44 AM, Gagsy wrote:
I think someone said that Levy either has balls the size of watermelons or he's insane. I think it's somewhere inbetween personally. I hope Modric gets his head back on for Spurs now.

Na it was all about Spurs' reputation he didn't want them to be seen as Chelsea's feeder club. At the end of the day he needs to take his head out of his arse and realise Chelsea are a cut above Tottenham and Abramovich makes him look as poor as geordie.. well maybe not that bad. Not worth it though the team will suffer and there will undoubtedly be awkwardness in the dressing room and with the fans, no point in keeping these players, no player is bigger then any club and i mean that, they're just a person a club is made up of thousands of fans and normal people. I my eyes Messi aint bigger than Darlington.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-01 10:27:37 Reply

2014 FIFA World Cup Qualification
Anybody want to make picks for this? Each continent is underway with Asia already being in the Third Round for the qualifying and will be the first one finished qualifying. I'll label each continent beside it showing the number of teams that can qualify and that you can choose.

AFC (4 or 5)
China PR
Australia
Japan
South Korea
Kuwait

CAF (5)
Egypt
Ghana
Nigeria
Morocco
Cote D'Ivoire

UEFA (13)
Serbia
Italy
Germany
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
Russia
Greece
England
Spain
France
Finland
Turkey

CONCACAF (3 or 4)
United States
Mexico
Canada
Costa Rica

CONMEBOL (4 or 5)
Argentina
Colombia
Ecuador
Paraguay
Uruguay

OFC (0 or 1)
New Zealand

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-01 11:00:08 Reply

Can't believe this club has slipped my eyes for so many years. Newcastle United fan and extremely happy to join. The original post didn't mention it, and I'm not reading through fifty pages to find out, but what's this prediction league you guys are talking about? I wouldn't mind taking part, if it's possible now with the season underway.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-01 12:47:31 Reply

At 9/1/11 11:00 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Can't believe this club has slipped my eyes for so many years. Newcastle United fan and extremely happy to join. The original post didn't mention it, and I'm not reading through fifty pages to find out, but what's this prediction league you guys are talking about? I wouldn't mind taking part, if it's possible now with the season underway.

It's only just been started up- we are following the same rules Lawro plays by on the BBC, that being 1 point for a correct result and 3 for a perfect score. You have only missed one week, and given the hard to predict nature of the Prem there is plenty of time to get right back into it. Simply make your predictions before the next set of fixtures and I will include you in the next results table.

Also welcome to the club- its great to see it so active again after a long period of inactivity :)

Transfer deadline day was a bit of a damp squib- mostly the 'big' deals that happened had been guessed about long in advance. Plymouth 'signed' a couple of defenders, but as we still have no money to pay them, and are still in administration so can't really sign them it is all a bit meaningless anyway. As we are incapable of scoring I'm not sure what two defenders will do to help anyway!

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-02 05:53:13 Reply

Weekend prediction time maybe possibly hmm mm mhmh mh

Arsenal 2 v 0 Swansea
Everton 0 v 1 Aston Villa
Man City 3 v 0 Wigan
Stoke 0 v 1 Liverpool
Sunderland 1 v 2 Chelsea
Wolverhampton 0 v 0 Tottenham
Bolton 2 v 2 Man Utd

--

Norwich 3 v 3 West Brom
Fulham 2 v 0 Blackburn

Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc

­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-02 12:45:05 Reply

At 9/2/11 05:53 AM, Tummbumm wrote: Weekend prediction time maybe possibly hmm mm mhmh mh

Arsenal 2 v 0 Swansea
Everton 0 v 1 Aston Villa
Man City 3 v 0 Wigan
Stoke 0 v 1 Liverpool
Sunderland 1 v 2 Chelsea
Wolverhampton 0 v 0 Tottenham
Bolton 2 v 2 Man Utd

--

Norwich 3 v 3 West Brom
Fulham 2 v 0 Blackburn

International break?

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-02 12:45:38 Reply

At 9/1/11 10:27 AM, tyler2513 wrote: 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualification
Anybody want to make picks for this? Each continent is underway with Asia already being in the Third Round for the qualifying and will be the first one finished qualifying. I'll label each continent beside it showing the number of teams that can qualify and that you can choose.

It might have started in many continents, but there is still a good year before qualifying starts here in Europe. Hence our general lack of interest at this point. European sides are involved in European Championships qualifying this weekend. Of your list however (and bearing in mind I haven't looked at the groups, so I might be picking things that are impossible or less likely with a bad draw)...

AFC (4 or 5)
China PR
Australia
Japan
South Korea
Kuwait

I'd favour Saudi Arabia and North Korea over China and Kuwait, though some of the central Asian nations like Uzbekistan are starting to stengthen as well.

CAF (5)
Egypt
Ghana
Nigeria
Morocco
Cote D'Ivoire

No Cameroon? Egypt should qualify, but always choke, but I would always pick Cameroon to qualify, perhaps instead of Morocco. Tunisia are also traditionally strong.

UEFA (13)
Serbia
Italy
Germany
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
Russia
Greece
England
Spain
France
Finland
Turkey

Finland and Norway stand out there as the weak links. Perhaps a strengthened Croatia or Sweden/Denmark instead.

CONCACAF (3 or 4)
United States
Mexico
Canada
Costa Rica

Canada!?!? Really? They have never had a decent team. Ever. It will most likely be three from here, but Honduras are likely to be the 4th team.

CONMEBOL (4 or 5)
Argentina
Colombia
Ecuador
Paraguay
Uruguay

Almost impossible to call this, especially with Brazil getting in without qualifying. Uruguay and Argentina are certain, but it could be any other three. I'd love to see Peru get there.

OFC (0 or 1)
New Zealand

Of course, though I suspect they will lose their play-off this time.

At 9/2/11 05:53 AM, Tummbumm wrote: Weekend prediction time maybe possibly hmm mm mhmh mh

Sheesh guys, a bit keen aren't we? There is still a week until the next fixture!

Arsenal 4 v 0 Swansea
Everton 1 v 1 Aston Villa
Man City 6 v 0 Wigan (I was tempted to go with more...)
Stoke 0 v 2 Liverpool
Sunderland 1 v 1 Chelsea
Wolverhampton 2 v 3 Tottenham
Bolton 1 v 3 Man Utd
Norwich 1 v 1 West Brom
Fulham 0 v 0 Blackburn
QPR 1 v 1 Newcastle

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-02 15:49:10 Reply

At 9/2/11 12:45 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote: International break?

i wanted to get them in before i got banned again.

B]

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-02 22:00:27 Reply

I watched the Netherlands game today with a bunch of drunk dutch people shouting DIN DIN DIN DIN (ten). Oh my god it's more entertaining than watching England.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-03 09:05:32 Reply

Brighton signed former Spanish international Vicente from Valencia.
That is what I call "ambitious", a word Bates that never understands.
Where is the Grim Reaper when I need him to take Bates to where he belongs?

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-03 09:13:44 Reply

People in China do not call about football, all they play is table tennis.
I'd eat a fly if they qualify the world cup.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-04 08:45:10 Reply

At 9/2/11 10:00 PM, Ledgey wrote: I watched the Netherlands game today with a bunch of drunk dutch people shouting DIN DIN DIN DIN (ten). Oh my god it's more entertaining than watching England.

I can imagine watching anyone play San Marino is quite entertaining! Should be interesting to see what we can do against them in World Cup qualifying.

At 9/3/11 09:13 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: People in China do not call about football, all they play is table tennis.
I'd eat a fly if they qualify the world cup.

They made it back in 2002, but otherwise I would agree that they stand no chance. Saying that I wouldn't be surprised if they were much stronger in 10 years though- China is on a mission to be the best in pretty much every sporting discipline, and they are coming good in events I would never have expected. Swimming and Athletics come to mind. It is only a matter of time before their poor footballing record is targeted.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-04 11:39:27 Reply

I am Chinese, so I know that our national football is laughable. As a matter of fact, the players are much better in bed than they are on the football field. :P

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-04 11:45:16 Reply

At 9/3/11 12:18 PM, Ejit wrote: True, who knows how many free transfers could be carried out between now and then. Llorente to Spurs, Eden Hazard to Arsenal???

Llorent is a target of Real Madrid; Hazard is too expensive for Arsenal. I do not think that the Gunners will pay over 15 million for a player as long as Wenger is still the manager.

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2011-09-04 13:01:27 Reply

Live on sky sports tommorow night (cause we're fucking massive) I'll be there maybe I'll get a half a second on the telly again, gonna be good shit. Up the reds!

BBS Signature