New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-12 16:55:29 Reply

Ugh, i hate double posting, but hey, can i have Number 10?

Brawl Name: Enjo!-Friend Code:0817-3550-8192, Hoping to become NG Champ for Tourney :)---Sig done by Loogiesquared

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-13 11:39:22 Reply

Number 17 if it's not taken and i support the sky blues A.K.A Coventry city :)

FUCK YOU WBA
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-13 11:57:46 Reply

Goth's been banned for 14 days (see his profile for more info/proof) so for the time being I'll be keeping an eye on this club for him. With that said...

At 11/12/07 04:55 PM, Cigolini55 wrote: Ugh, i hate double posting, but hey, can i have Number 10?

Goth has PMed me saying it is fine for you to have the number 10, so it's all yours.

At 11/13/07 11:39 AM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: Number 17 if it's not taken and i support the sky blues A.K.A Coventry city :)

FUCK YOU WBA

I'm sure you will be welcome to number 17 (any reason why that number out of interest?).

Come Wednesday the 28th November I have no doubt I'll be joining you in those sentiments, but for the time being it's good to have another fan of a Championship side in the club, especially as they are below the mighty Argyle (just... and I can't see it lasting long...).

As for the conversation on football video games, I can't say I am a huge fan of them, I'd much rather go out and have a kick around in the park with my mates. And if I were to buy one it would certainly be Pro Evo, not Fifa.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-13 15:02:04 Reply

My fave number cause it's Michael Misfuds :)

Also i'm posting this image for GC from request.

Argyle fan? not bad at the mo, shame you never been in prem, you deserve it, we will beat you next game though.

Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc

CruzAzul-19
CruzAzul-19
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-13 19:42:03 Reply

At 10/29/07 07:49 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 10/29/07 07:35 PM, Sentio wrote:
New rule, GOTHCLAWZ in donimant.

Heres our pitch guys!
I'll put the formations with users names on here.

Can I be right defence. I play that position and I'm really good at it.

Trust me I like soccer and I play it a lot so please include me.

CruzAzul-19
CruzAzul-19
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-14 07:46:03 Reply

Yeah. Hope I'm on the field though.

sirtom93
sirtom93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-14 15:54:45 Reply

wahay striker with jay-cee!

Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-14 20:05:37 Reply

Ah well Sento a good as a leader as GothClawz is,(In my opinion )so this thread will still be awesome :). Viva Futebol!

Brawl Name: Enjo!-Friend Code:0817-3550-8192, Hoping to become NG Champ for Tourney :)---Sig done by Loogiesquared

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 07:28:19 Reply

Big day of European Championship qualifiers today, and for the first time in a very long time I find myself with absolutely no desire to watch them whatsoever.

England find themselves hoping (and it really is a shot in the dark here) that Israel can hold Russia at home, or even more miraculously, that Croatia lose in Macedonia, to have any hope of qualifying for next years championships.

And what makes it even worse is I think Russia WILL slip up, and suddenly the country will have renewed hope...

...And we'll fail to beat Croatia on Wednesday and go out regardless.

The fact is we do not deserve qualification, Russia and Croatia have been better than us, and any side that can't beat Macedonia at home should not be playing in a major championships (no offence to any Macedonians...). The performance last night in the friendly was by all accounts rubbish, not to mention a total waste of time, and as if we didn't have enough injuries already, Owen limped off and is now missing the game on Wednesday.

And to top it all off all I seem to hear about is how Scotland can qualify if they beat Italy. Is this some kind of dream land we are living in now? How can it be that Scotland have any chance of beating the World Champions, a side that are consistently one of the best in the world year after year? And yet they DO stand a chance, and that home crowd is going to be as loud as anything you could ever wish for at a football match. Personally I say good luck to them, they have deserved qualification and I'm just grateful England don't have to play them any time soon as there would be some very red faces south side of the border if we did.

Plus more selfishly it would be nice for a couple of other big sides to crash out along side us (Portugal are looking in trouble as well).

I'm off to play tennis...

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 14:43:26 Reply

Tennis?!?! Ah Tennis is fun, if you know how too hit it the damn tennis ball and etc. Tried playing it once, i was running back and forth from side-side, the first 15 minutes i was out of breath. Thought i was about to die.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 15:36:17 Reply

At 11/17/07 02:43 PM, Cigolini55 wrote: Tennis?!?! Ah Tennis is fun, if you know how too hit it the damn tennis ball and etc. Tried playing it once, i was running back and forth from side-side, the first 15 minutes i was out of breath. Thought i was about to die.

Lol, you weren't playing it right then, the idea is to make the OTHER person run backwards and forwards!

Bad luck to Scotland, they didn't deserve to lose that, and they made the world champions look very ordinary for long periods of that game. Bad bad decision by the ref at the end to award the free kick, but then the Scotland goal was offside as well, so it kind of evens out. Had they taken their chances they would have been very worthy winners though.

Good luck to them in World Cup qualification, their amazing run this year is enough to make them a second seed for that, so hopefully an easier group and they'll be in South Africa in 2010.

But quite frankly I don't care about that score line...

England still have a chance, and now it is in our own hands! Hurrah! We owe Israel BIG TIME, they have saved our asses today, and that last minute goal means we only need a draw against Croatia on Wednesday. Given that the Croats are already through, I'm hoping for a dreadfully dull 90 minutes where neither side attacks and we crawl into next years championships with our collective tails between our legs. We don't deserve it, we certainly haven't played well enough for it, and quite possibly Croatia will still snatch it away from us at the death, but I want to see England in the Euro Champs next year. International tournaments aren't the same without your home side to support.

<3 Israel

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Piromano
Piromano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 16:00:33 Reply

Argentina just beated Bolivia 3-0...
Easy match...

And yes, I wish to join the club...
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 16:11:22 Reply

Ah but Sentio, though i think it would have been amazing if Scotland beating Italy but they are former champs and won 4 World cup's. Their right behind Brazil in ranking and world cup win's. (Brazil 5 Italy 4). Though it was a good match but the ref was a bit..how should i say unfair? Anywayz i thought Italy was going to have a clean win. Doesnt look like it.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 16:24:53 Reply

At 11/17/07 04:00 PM, Piromano wrote: Argentina just beated Bolivia 3-0...
Easy match...

Welcome, pick a number from the team sheet posted above that hasn't been taken already (and that goes for anyone else that wants to join as well). The club leader is currently banned, so for the time being I am watching over the place.

Seems a comfortable enough win there, but then you'd bank on Argentina winning at home against anyone.

At 11/17/07 04:11 PM, Cigolini55 wrote: Ah but Sentio, though i think it would have been amazing if Scotland beating Italy but they are former champs and won 4 World cup's. Their right behind Brazil in ranking and world cup win's. (Brazil 5 Italy 4). Though it was a good match but the ref was a bit..how should i say unfair? Anywayz i thought Italy was going to have a clean win. Doesnt look like it.

This is the beauty of football though. It doesn't matter how many times Italy have won the world cup, or how they are ranked in the world (that last one in particular means absolutely nothing at all), what matters is who plays better on the day and, and there is no doubt that Scotland were better than Italy today. No doubt at all. Being in the world cup final certainly didn't help France against Scotland, they lost twice (home and away).

Once upon a time England were the best side in the world, that doesn't make them a good side now. Italy won the world cup last year (and barely deserved to, in no way were they the best side in the tournament, but they won the games that mattered). That does not make them the best side in the world right now, and in fact I don't for one second think they are.

As the old saying goes, there is no such thing as an easy win in football.

Speaking of which...

Macedonia 2-0 Croatia! What in the hell is going on today? An Israel win gave us hope of qualifying, a Macedonia win and now we can qualify top of the group! A 3-0 win will put us above Israel on results between the two sides. Unlikely, but I'm just staggered that it is even possible after England's miserable campaign! And that calls for...

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Piromano
Piromano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 16:39:33 Reply

At 11/17/07 04:24 PM, Sentio wrote:
At 11/17/07 04:00 PM, Piromano wrote: Argentina just beated Bolivia 3-0...
Easy match...

Welcome, pick a number from the team sheet posted above that hasn't been taken already (and that goes for anyone else that wants to join as well). The club leader is currently banned, so for the time being I am watching over the place.

Seems a comfortable enough win there, but then you'd bank on Argentina winning at home against anyone.

You're right on that.
I'll pick Lionel Messi's number: 18

I'm a little bit sad because my local football team lost and had almost no chances to win the local cup : (

At least we have 15 international cups

Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 17:56:48 Reply

Well, Italy should'nt have won it last year, damn France though they kicked out Brazil in the pre-semi final..ah i forgot but the score was 1-0..i cried on that day :(. But their is a other old saying. A win is a win no matter what happen. So Scotland does have to understand, a loss is a loss, they cant change that till they either play Italy again and "win". And same goes toward's Italy a win is a win, but they might lose ommorrow, and they would start making excuses. tha show's over confidence.

(California)i live in a kind of almost fully populated city by either mexicans or half mexican's i could care less. My mexicano friends though are always annoying me about rank's and such but i do need to remind them that even Mexico beats Brazil, ( Which im proud to brag about my national team), they keep bragging on and on about it. I keep reminding them that Brazil has 5 world cups, the team is a powerful house, they might lose today but tomorrow they will win.

Yet they seem surprised on what i say and they laughed. Soon couple of week's ago i proved my point. In october Brazil made it rain on Mexico 3-1 and that shuted my mexicano friends up heheh.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 18:11:25 Reply

At 11/17/07 05:56 PM, Cigolini55 wrote: Well, Italy should'nt have won it last year, damn France though they kicked out Brazil in the pre-semi final..ah i forgot but the score was 1-0..i cried on that day :(. But their is a other old saying. A win is a win no matter what happen. So Scotland does have to understand, a loss is a loss, they cant change that till they either play Italy again and "win". And same goes toward's Italy a win is a win, but they might lose ommorrow, and they would start making excuses. tha show's over confidence.

From what I remember Brazil were hardly playing great football either though. Personally I felt Germany played the best football in the tournament (although the one match Argentina had against Serbia was by far the best single performance), and behind them France played extremely well, much better than they have since. Certainly France were the better side for much of the final.

It's true, Scotland lost and in the end that is all that matters (though there were some VERY poor refereeing decisions involved). They can still hold their heads high though after outplaying the world champions, and on another day they would have won. Definitely a team to watch out for in the future, possibly at the world cup in 2010.

(California)i live in a kind of almost fully populated city by either mexicans or half mexican's i could care less. My mexicano friends though are always annoying me about rank's and such but i do need to remind them that even Mexico beats Brazil, ( Which im proud to brag about my national team), they keep bragging on and on about it. I keep reminding them that Brazil has 5 world cups, the team is a powerful house, they might lose today but tomorrow they will win.

Mexico are the perfect example of a team that are much higher in the FIFA rankings than they really should be (the USA are another, possibly even better example). That doesn't mean they are a bad team by any means, but they play a lot of easier teams to qualify for tournaments, and that massively elevates their FIFA ranking points. If they had to qualify in South America or Europe they wouldn't be nearly as high.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Piromano
Piromano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 18:26:16 Reply

Argentina > Brazil all sports...

Also, Argentina is nº1 FIFA Ranking
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 18:31:26 Reply

At 11/17/07 06:26 PM, Piromano wrote: Argentina > Brazil all sports...

That is extremly bull im sorry Brazil defeated argentina in Copa de America 3-0 in the finals

BBS Signature
Piromano
Piromano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 18:33:45 Reply

At 11/17/07 06:31 PM, Cigolini55 wrote:
That is extremly bull im sorry Brazil defeated argentina in Copa de America 3-0 in the finals

That's because Abondanzieri is stupid.
Also, remember el maracanazo

Yes, I know it was against ruguay, but what the hell
El maracanazo 2 against Argentina in 2014
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 18:36:44 Reply

At 11/17/07 06:31 PM, Cigolini55 wrote:

True that Argentina are ranked number one in the world (you might want to change your sig message there Cigolini...), but as I mentioned in my last post, FIFA rankings mean absolutely nothing in reality and are easily skewed by sides playing unequal opposition. Argentina are top because they have won a bunch of games recently in the South American qualifying, but that doesn't mean they are better than Brazil or any of the sides elsewhere in the world. They have just accumulated more points on an arbitrary ranking system. Best to completely ignore it if you ask me.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-17 18:58:13 Reply

Nah, i think im going to keep it, i never liked Argentina..their my nemisis! how ever you spell it Brazil will will win in either 2010 or 2014 when Brazil is hosting the Fifa. I might sound over exagerrating but i dont think so, its just me blood lol

BBS Signature
Piromano
Piromano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-18 13:56:24 Reply

Ready to play!

plant-eating-cat
plant-eating-cat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-18 15:35:12 Reply

heh im a palace fan and .. well im dissapointed this season :(

BLOCKHEAD DRESSUP 2!!!!!! is coming out soon so keep your silly lil eyes on plant-eating-cats profile fool!

BBS Signature
CruzAzul-19
CruzAzul-19
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-18 22:39:36 Reply

At 11/18/07 01:56 PM, Piromano wrote: Ready to play!

Me too!

Randominator
Randominator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-19 06:07:20 Reply

At 11/18/07 03:35 PM, plant-eating-cat wrote: heh im a palace fan and .. well im dissapointed this season :(

simon jordan and neil warnock are both tossers so you deserve it =p

down on the upside

Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-20 21:00:47 Reply

Ah yes, this last Saturday (i think) Brazil played Peru for the qualifying for FiFa (Qualifying Match). Brazil had all their player's playing on the feild, and i think the same goes to Peru. The Brazilians were attacking, but it seem's as if they weren't playing with all their heart out, since they already know their qualified, but hey who knows? The game was good but some how at the end the score was tied 1-1. I don't have any new's how the heck they scored, but now im searching for it. Brazil dissapointed me :(.

BBS Signature
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-20 21:29:26 Reply

At 11/18/07 01:56 PM, Piromano wrote: Ready to play!

Could always be goalie?

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-21 09:06:10 Reply

At 11/20/07 09:00 PM, Cigolini55 wrote: Ah yes, this last Saturday (i think) Brazil played Peru for the qualifying for FiFa (Qualifying Match). Brazil had all their player's playing on the feild, and i think the same goes to Peru. The Brazilians were attacking, but it seem's as if they weren't playing with all their heart out, since they already know their qualified, but hey who knows? The game was good but some how at the end the score was tied 1-1. I don't have any new's how the heck they scored, but now im searching for it. Brazil dissapointed me :(.

1 Argentina ....9 (points after three games)
2 Colombia .....8
3 Paraguay .....7
4 Venezuela ..6
5 Brazil ...........5

Definitely going to qualify are they... given that only 4 teams do automatically, and Brazil are currently 5th and in that play off spot :P. Of course I have no doubt they will improve and move up the table over the remaining fixtures, a bit arrogant to think that just because they are Brazil they are guaranteed to qualify though!

And the 1-1 draw in Peru comes as no surprise to me, they play in Lima which has the highest stadium in the world (I think...). The Peruvian players are used to playing at altitude, the Brazilians aren't, and the result is that Peru are VERY hard to beat at home (and indeed always have been). In fact that draw is a pretty good result for Brazil.

England take on Croatia this evening needing a draw to qualify for next years European Championships... and I am already feeling the tension as I just know it won't be as simple as that (remember Greece in 2001? :S). And as such I'm going to spend the afternoon getting as drunk as possible, thus making the game more bearable and actually allow me to watch it from somewhere other than behind the sofa!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2007-11-21 11:46:45 Reply

I'll be one of the lucky few heading down Wembley Way tonight.

To boost team spirit, I won't even boo Frank Lampard. However, if England go out there will be a lot of angry people. I don't really want to say any more right now because I don't want to jinx things.

Give my thoughts form and make them look insightful.