New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 4th, 2007 @ 06:41 PM Reply

At 11/4/07 06:09 PM, RedGlare wrote: I'm happy with my placement so you can stop Pming me about it. Also i propose we outlaw the reffering of FOOTBALL as soccer.

I also demand that Grimsby Town be emboldened when a match score is displayed.

Don't we all want that? i prefer calling soccer futebol, since im brazilian,hahaha..yea.

Brawl Name: Enjo!-Friend Code:0817-3550-8192, Hoping to become NG Champ for Tourney :)---Sig done by Loogiesquared

BBS Signature
TheFrench
TheFrench
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 4th, 2007 @ 07:23 PM Reply

Nice idea! I'm surprized to see a soccer club here... L'Olympique Lyonnais rules mwahaha!!!

Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 4th, 2007 @ 08:01 PM Reply

At 11/4/07 07:23 PM, TheFrench wrote: Nice idea! I'm surprized to see a soccer club here... L'Olympique Lyonnais rules mwahaha!!!

Naaaaah

Brawl Name: Enjo!-Friend Code:0817-3550-8192, Hoping to become NG Champ for Tourney :)---Sig done by Loogiesquared

BBS Signature
Randominator
Randominator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 4th, 2007 @ 09:15 PM Reply

At 11/4/07 07:23 PM, TheFrench wrote: Nice idea! I'm surprized to see a soccer club here... L'Olympique Lyonnais rules mwahaha!!!

it was amusing to see rangers spank you 3-0 =p

down on the upside

Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 5th, 2007 @ 11:44 AM Reply

At 11/4/07 06:24 PM, Jay-Cee wrote: Liverpool A

there all winnable.

Oh sure. Say, who was the last team to win at Anfield in the Prem?

Oh yeah, United in February with a smash-and-grab goal. Not exactly 'winnable'.

This could be a very interesting season for City if things go our way.

Oh come on, City fans are so over-optimistic. You lot were like that before the Chelsea hammering- has it not taught you anything? There's always a few high-flyers in the early stages of the season, but a top four spot? There's a LONG way to go for that.

Give my thoughts form and make them look insightful.

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 5th, 2007 @ 12:01 PM Reply

At 11/4/07 06:24 PM, Jay-Cee wrote: Sunderland H

Win

Portsmouth A

Lose

Reading H

Win

Wigan A

Lose

Tottenham A

Win

Bolton H

Lose

Aston Villa A

Win

Blackburn H

Loze

Liverpool A

Win

Theres my bets!

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 5th, 2007 @ 01:03 PM Reply

At 11/5/07 12:01 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
Bolton H
Lose
Blackburn H
Loze
Liverpool A
Win

Theres my bets!

Haha.

Was that sarcasm, or have we stepped into a mad world?

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 5th, 2007 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 11/5/07 01:03 PM, TheRoyalEnglishman wrote: Haha.

MADNESS!!

Oh, I forgot the goaly & captin's band!

Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 5th, 2007 @ 02:32 PM Reply

Are we all exited about the FA Cup?

Fixtures:

Please note: Fixtures are subject to change. GOTHCLAWZ is not responsible for any changes that may be made.

Friday, 09 November 2007
Hereford v Leeds, R1, 19:45

Saturday, 10 November 2007
Accrington Stanley v Huddersfield, R1, 15:00
Altrincham v Millwall, R1, 15:00
Barnet v Gillingham, R1, 15:00
Barrow v Bournemouth, R1, 15:00
Billericay v Swansea, R1, 13:00
Bradford v Chester, R1, 15:00
Bury v Workington, R1, 15:00
Cambridge Utd v Aldershot, R1, 15:00
Carlisle v Grimsby, R1, 15:00
Cheltenham v Brighton, R1, 15:00
Chesterfield v Tranmere, R1, 15:00
Crewe v Milton Keynes Dons, R1, 15:00
Darlington v Northampton, R1, 15:00
Eastbourne Borough v Weymouth, R1, 15:00
Exeter v Stevenage, R1, 15:00
Halifax v Burton Albion, R1, 15:00
Hampton & Richmond v Dag & Red, R1, 15:00
Harrogate Railway v Droylsden, R1, 15:00
Horsham v Maidenhead Utd, R1, 15:00
Leyton Orient v Bristol Rovers, R1, 15:00
Lincoln City v Nottm Forest, R1, 15:00
Luton v Brentford, R1, 15:00
Mansfield v Lewes, R1, 15:00
Morecambe v Port Vale, R1, 15:00
Notts County v Histon, R1, 15:00
Oldham v Doncaster, R1, 15:00
Oxford Utd v Northwich, R1, 15:00
Peterborough v Wrexham, R1, 15:00
Rushden & D'monds v Macclesfield, R1, 15:00
Southend v Rochdale, R1, 15:00
Stockport v Staines Town, R1, 15:00
Team Bath v Chasetown, R1, 15:00
Walsall v Shrewsbury, R1, 15:00
Ware v Kidderminster, R1, 15:00
Wycombe v Swindon, R1, 15:00
York v Havant and W, R1, 15:00

Sunday, 11 November 2007
Forest Green v Rotherham, R1, 15:00
Gainsborough v Hartlepool, R1, 14:00
Torquay v Yeovil, R1, 15:15

Wednesday, 31 October 2007
Lewes v Grays Athletic, R4, 19:45

All of the other championship & premiership teams don't join in until the fourth round. <<<<

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 5th, 2007 @ 06:50 PM Reply

OK, a few predictions of my own for the coming Man City games...

At 11/4/07 06:24 PM, Jay-Cee wrote: Sunderland H

Already won it tonight, but were outplayed for a lot of the game. Could be considered fortunate there...

Portsmouth A

They'll lose this, Pompey are on great form at the moment and are banging goals in for fun.

Reading H

Anyone that can't beat Reading at the moment is in trouble, should be an easy home win.

Wigan A

Another win for City, Wigan are going from bad to worse and have no threat in front of goal.

Tottenham A

I fully expect Spurs to move up the table from now on, and they should be looking for a win here.

Bolton H

Draw, Bolton looked MUCH better at the weekend and will continue to improve under Megson (assuming he doesn't piss Anelka off too much). Probably a dull 0-0 with very few chances.

Aston Villa A

Villa at home are on top form, even beating Chelsea. Not a hope for City here...

Blackburn H

Blackburn are hard to beat anywhere, score draw.

Liverpool A

No chance, Liverpool may be playing badly, but they should still have enough to win this one at home, especially with Alonso and Torres back.

Theres my bets!

So that would be 11 points... not exactly top four form, and I think any City fan thinking they'll still be in third at Christmas is delusional. Sure, they've had a great start, but they have been bad the last couple of weeks, and are very reliant on a few players to get them through. Plus no prolific striker means they'll struggle for goals, especially away- I believe Sven is already on the look out for the January transfer window. They could still be in and around the UEFA cup spots come the end of the season, nothing more.

At 11/5/07 02:32 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Are we all exited about the FA Cup?

The best competition in the world if you ask me, nothing else can quite throw up the same level of upsets year after year. No matter how small the side, they always have a chance on a bad pitch in the middle of winter!

Fixtures to watch out for:

Team Bath v Chasetown, R1, 15:00

My university side! Could be the first uni side to get past the first round in over 120 years!

Torquay v Yeovil, R1, 15:15

Big west country derby between a side near the top of the conference and a side that are midtable in league one. Could be a close one!

All of the other championship & premiership teams don't join in until the fourth round. <<<<

By which of course you mean the third round...

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 5th, 2007 @ 10:27 PM Reply

Considering the English League is still going, right now i have my eye's on Manchester to win it, and im GUESSING not a true prediction, that maybe Chelsae will go to final's but probably lose, unless they start winning. Unless Chelsae isnt a english club..then i feel like a dumbass lol. I'm only familiar with South American clubs's and U.S.A.

Oh, also Liverpool are potential, and a few really other good English Club's

BBS Signature
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 5th, 2007 @ 10:28 PM Reply

At 11/5/07 01:51 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 11/5/07 01:03 PM, TheRoyalEnglishman wrote: Haha.
MADNESS!!

Oh, I forgot the goaly & captin's band!

Oh i vote on Ng home, get rid of alien hominid, and put a White NG, that'll be awesome for us :)

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 6th, 2007 @ 12:14 PM Reply

At 11/5/07 10:28 PM, Cigolini55 wrote: Oh i vote on Ng home, get rid of alien hominid, and put a White NG, that'll be awesome for us :)

No more changes until next season, atleast we got tiem for ideas like yours!

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 6th, 2007 @ 06:31 PM Reply

At 11/5/07 10:27 PM, Cigolini55 wrote: Considering the English League is still going, right now i have my eye's on Manchester to win it, and im GUESSING not a true prediction, that maybe Chelsae will go to final's but probably lose, unless they start winning. Unless Chelsae isnt a english club..then i feel like a dumbass lol. I'm only familiar with South American clubs's and U.S.A.

They're English alright. Not sure what you mean by finals though, we don't do the American system of playoffs or anything over here, just top team at the end of the year in the league wins it.

Oh, also Liverpool are potential, and a few really other good English Club's

I think you may be overlooking Arsenal there, after all they are top at the moment. Other than that I can't see beyond the big four to win the league this year.

And what a night of Champions League football it has been! I couldn't help but laugh all the way through the Liverpool game, what a load of rubbish Besiktas were! How in the hell did the reds lose to them two weeks ago? Sadly those 8 goals may not be enough (something the commentary seemed blissfully unaware of throughout...). If Porto and Marseilles beat Besiktas then it doesn't matter how badly Liverpool stuff them, they'll still finish third in the group. So in short, they are in the same boat as England, needing another team to mess up. Here's hoping besiktas remember how to play sometime soon...

Boring for Chelsea, but they are heading through easily enough. When did Rosenborg get so good though? An away win over Valencia is impressive by anyones standards!

And even Plymouth managed an away draw tonight, all be it by a last minute equaliser. Every point counts though, and we're still sitting pretty in the top half with a home tie against Norwich to come this weekend... (please please win that...)

and it didn't slip my notice that the Bristol City bubble burst... shame :P

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 6th, 2007 @ 07:33 PM Reply

Ah, Sentio Soccer can be a weird sport, one moment a bad team suck's then all of a sudden That team win's! Like Rosenberg...saw that game, couldnt believe they won lol.

Though yea i forgot about Arsenal, their are playing very well, i think alot better then Liverpool been playing. Anywayz my best choice atm is still Manchester

BBS Signature
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 6th, 2007 @ 07:41 PM Reply

Oh since this IS a soccer thread, i felt like putting up the topic of Mario Striker's Charged:For the Wii, best soccer game compared to fifa 2008, though i consider too play Fifa then Mario Striker's Charged, just better graphics's, but yay for me, i have both of them lol

BBS Signature
Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 7th, 2007 @ 11:52 AM Reply

At 11/6/07 06:31 PM, Sentio wrote: If Porto and Marseilles beat Besiktas then it doesn't matter how badly Liverpool stuff them, they'll still finish third in the group. So in short, they are in the same boat as England, needing another team to mess up. Here's hoping besiktas remember how to play sometime soon...

Very wrong.

If Marseille and Porto beat Besiktas, and Liverpool beat both of them, Liverpool will come second. They would be level points with Marseille. The next deciding factor is aggregate score between the two followed by amount of goals scored between the two. As Marseille only beat Liverpool 1-0, any Liverpool win barring another 1-0 against Marseille would see them qualify. If Liverpool were to beat Marseille 1-0, then it would come down to goal difference over all. And Liverpool are way ahead in that bracket.

Basically, Liverpool need to win both games. Then they're through.

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 7th, 2007 @ 01:38 PM Reply

Daim, we lost against Chalton 1-0, still, I spose we can't go the whole season with only 1 defeat...

Chris Iwelumo's last-gasp winner for the second successive game handed Charlton the win as Bristol City lost their unbeaten home league record.
Iwelumo rose to head home Andy Reid's cross in the 90th minute to give Alan Pardew's side a deserved victory.

During the first half City goalkeeper Adriano Basso produced four first-half saves of note - particularly to deny Iwelumo and Addicks captain Reid.

After the break the Brazilian Basso did well to keep out a Danny Mills effort.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 7th, 2007 @ 02:17 PM Reply

At 11/7/07 11:52 AM, TheRoyalEnglishman wrote:
Very wrong.

If Marseille and Porto beat Besiktas, and Liverpool beat both of them, Liverpool will come second. They would be level points with Marseille. The next deciding factor is aggregate score between the two followed by amount of goals scored between the two. As Marseille only beat Liverpool 1-0, any Liverpool win barring another 1-0 against Marseille would see them qualify. If Liverpool were to beat Marseille 1-0, then it would come down to goal difference over all. And Liverpool are way ahead in that bracket.

Basically, Liverpool need to win both games. Then they're through.

Yeah, my bad, I was trying to work it all out in my head as I was typing last night and for some stupid reason thought Marseilles were on 8 points, not 7... of course as soon as I posted it I realised my mistake (after all it is impossible to have 8 points after 4 games if they have lost one...), but I couldn't be bothered to correct myself.

Still a big ask for Liverpool, just not nearly as much as I had thought!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 7th, 2007 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 11/7/07 01:38 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:

After the break the Brazilian Basso did well to keep out a Danny Mills effort.

Viva Brasil! lol

BBS Signature
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 7th, 2007 @ 08:46 PM Reply

At 11/7/07 05:12 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Hey did you guys here about the Liverpool game?
8-0

OOh yea, i heard of that, it was all over the channel for Dish Network(don't know it Britain has that kind of T.V.)anywayz, saw it all over FSN, they were talking about how Liverpool, easily destroyed the other club defence, sadely i forgot to record that game and put it with my famous soccer video's :(

BBS Signature
Jay-Cee
Jay-Cee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 8th, 2007 @ 06:55 AM Reply

A suprising result in the Champions League last night as Arsenal only managed a 0-0 draw with Slavia Prague, though it was still enough for them to qualify from the group stages. I'm aware it was not Arsenal's strongest team out there, but for a team they beat 7-0 only a few weeks ago I was expecting a much better performance. Arsenal are my tip for the title this season and the reason for that was because of their quality in depth. They have a squad packed with youth talent, and some of their second string look like they could walk into alot of other premiership sides. After last night my opinion of them dropped a little, I guess it could of been a one-off bad performace, and it'll be a cold day in hell before I predict Man U for the title. So i'm still tipping Arsenal, it'll be interesting to see what happens during the African Nations. I also hope to see Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool push them til the end to, and Man City to slot just behind them all in 5th =P, but with Portsmouth and Blackburn in particular looking very strong too this season it'll be tough, among those Aston Villa and Everton also looking good. Granted that the clubs outside the 'BIG 4' don't fade away this could be one of the best seasons the Premier League has seen for a long time.

BBS Signature
Cigolini55
Cigolini55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 8th, 2007 @ 10:02 AM Reply

At 11/8/07 06:55 AM, Jay-Cee wrote: A suprising result in the Champions League last night as Arsenal only managed a 0-0 draw with Slavia Prague, though it was still enough for them to qualify from the group stages.

Whow, whow, whow, how the hell they qualify? From a tie? I'm now familair with English League, but they add points too ties?

BBS Signature
Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 8th, 2007 @ 11:37 AM Reply

At 11/8/07 10:02 AM, Cigolini55 wrote:
At 11/8/07 06:55 AM, Jay-Cee wrote: A suprising result in the Champions League last night as Arsenal only managed a 0-0 draw with Slavia Prague, though it was still enough for them to qualify from the group stages.
Whow, whow, whow, how the hell they qualify? From a tie? I'm now familair with English League, but they add points too ties?

You get one point for a draw.

Otherwise, teams in a deadlock would just charge forward. The points system is the same all over the world: in the Premier League, France, Spain, Italy, Internationals, even the MLS.

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 8th, 2007 @ 11:45 AM Reply

Hey, I'll get some links to football videos for the Prem & champ's league soon.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 8th, 2007 @ 12:49 PM Reply

Juuuuuuuuusssssssssssst incase the home kit & away kit clash.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 8th, 2007 @ 01:52 PM Reply

At 11/8/07 11:45 AM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Hey, I'll get some links to football videos for the Prem & champ's league soon.

Speak of the Devil...

Crappy ^^

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Jay-Cee
Jay-Cee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 8th, 2007 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 11/5/07 11:44 AM, TheRoyalEnglishman wrote: This could be a very interesting season for City if things go our way.

Oh come on, City fans are so over-optimistic. You lot were like that before the Chelsea hammering- has it not taught you anything? There's always a few high-flyers in the early stages of the season, but a top four spot? There's a LONG way to go for that.

Actually I was expecting to be beaten by Chelsea but I was expecting it more around a 1/2 goal margin. Also I didn't say Top 4 finish anywhere. I fully expect the Top 4 this season to be Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U, in any particular order.

Also theres nothing bad about being optimistic. All fans are optimistic. I hate the way fans of the top clubs expect midtable to teams to just accept that they will forever be mediocre and never do any better. Expect City to challenge for Top 4 within the next 3 seasons.

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Nov. 9th, 2007 @ 03:49 PM Reply

Heres my championship estimation.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲