Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc

  • 107,216 Views
  • 3,364 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
nuclear6
nuclear6
  • Member since: Feb. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 02:52 PM Reply

I am damn over the moon with man city got a fuckin good future!


Manchester City ROOL!

BBS Signature
Randominator
Randominator
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 02:57 PM Reply

Bye

Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc


down on the upside

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 5th, 2008 @ 11:13 AM Reply

At 9/4/08 04:06 AM, Sentio wrote: I'm actually a little stunned we landed him over other sides in the Championship- after all a quality free agent is usually snapped up straight away! Granted he was pretty mediocre at Man City last season, but there are numerous strikers that are average in the Prem and world beaters in the Championship (just look at Kevin Phillips!). I'm not getting excited just yet, but it might be the best signing of anyone in the Championship and could quite easily save us this year.

Kevin Phillips was the PL's leading scorer for one season when he was playing for Sunderland. He was one heck of player in the PL. You'd better stay up this year because we got all the six points from you in the year that we dropped, and we certainly would like to get six points from you again if we turn the ship around and go up this year.


BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 5th, 2008 @ 11:17 AM Reply

At 9/4/08 04:06 AM, Sentio wrote:

After all a big 5 is much better than a big 4, as one will start missing out on the Champions League each season now...
Before Peter Risdale turned to a total idiot, Leeds was definately among the big 5. Ahh, the good old days... :'(


BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 5th, 2008 @ 11:40 AM Reply

At 9/5/08 11:13 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
Kevin Phillips was the PL's leading scorer for one season when he was playing for Sunderland. He was one heck of player in the PL. You'd better stay up this year because we got all the six points from you in the year that we dropped, and we certainly would like to get six points from you again if we turn the ship around and go up this year.

True enough, but he has traditionally flourished in the Championship, while his seasons in the Prem (excluding that one) were generally disappointing. It is little surprise to me that West Brom sold him after getting promoted and Phillips went back to a Championship side.

And as for getting six points off us... yeah, probably, we always lose to the relegation fodder and beat the top sides :P

At 9/5/08 11:17 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 9/4/08 04:06 AM, Sentio wrote:
After all a big 5 is much better than a big 4, as one will start missing out on the Champions League each season now...
Before Peter Risdale turned to a total idiot, Leeds was definately among the big 5. Ahh, the good old days... :'(

It wasn't a big 5 back then, Chelsea didn't have their current financial support and therefore weren't challenging near the top of the league. Liverpool weren't as strong then either, and the League was very much between Arsenal and Man Utd (with Leeds and Liverpool just behind)- more of a 'Big 2'.


Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 5th, 2008 @ 10:22 PM Reply

Must...Beat...Crewe if we are still thinking about promotion. Let's face it, Crewe is arguably one of the worst teams in the league and they are looking at League Two soccer next year. If we cannot get all the three points against them at home, we can forget about going up. >:(


BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 5th, 2008 @ 10:26 PM Reply

At 8/26/08 06:21 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: Lets hope so

Maybe Cov and Leeds will become the Man U and Chelski :P

I have not seen you in a while, little fella. Coventry is fading, lol! Did I smell League One for them next season? ;)


BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 03:50 PM Reply

We smoked Crewe 5-2. :) I was very happy about the way my boys played until the dying moments of the game. Up to the last minute of regular time, we were AWESOME. :D However, giving up 2 goals in the dying moments was terrible. Yes, we were up 5-0, but it did not give us the rights to sllep walk the last a few minutes. The relax did not cost us in this game because we were up 5-0, but it WILL cost us when we play against Carisle and Leicester. With that being said, I hope that we concentrate on every second of the match regardless the score. At least we did get the three points that we had to take. Up next is a trip to Swindon Town, let's make 2 wins in a row in the league!


BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 7th, 2008 @ 08:44 AM Reply

At 9/5/08 10:26 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 8/26/08 06:21 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: Lets hope so

Maybe Cov and Leeds will become the Man U and Chelski :P
I have not seen you in a while, little fella. Coventry is fading, lol! Did I smell League One for them next season? ;)

Dont get cocky to soon my friend

ihaventbeen here because it was my birthday and i havent had time to come on here in a while so dont get to cocky

o yeah

just cause you beat crewe does NOT = Promotion

And the fact you mock Everything Coventry when you're in the league below and have a Cov legend as a manager is rather funny and ironic.

By all means be cocky if you get promoted in 8months time but dont forget

we still got 8 months of good ol football left

plenty of time for Cheltenham to grab 6 points

TheWolfe
TheWolfe
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 7th, 2008 @ 11:45 AM Reply

In Freshmen year they never put me in and i was always scared to play in real games because i never got any playing time and was ignored. Sophmore year i broke my thumb in summer practice when i was up against a senior, and i was waterboy the whole year. Junior (this year) i decided to quit because two a days are insane and i never get in, so why go through a THIRD year (not including 8th grade) of long summer practices where i feel i dont belong and im never put in a game to see if im good. I might go back next year, because another reason i didnt this year was because of hard classes, gf over the summer, and ACT/SAT tests. Should I give it another go?


RAWR.

BBS Signature
Britkid
Britkid
  • Member since: May. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 7th, 2008 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 9/5/08 11:17 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Before Peter Risdale turned to a total idiot, Leeds was definately among the big 5. Ahh, the good old days... :'(

You do realise that the only reason you got so close to the top is because Peter Ridsdale is a total idiot?


Give my thoughts form and make them look insightful.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 7th, 2008 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 9/7/08 08:44 AM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: ihaventbeen here because it was my birthday and i havent had time to come on here in a while so dont get to cocky

I said that Coventry was playig their way out of the championship, there was nothing to do with being cocky.

o yeah

Oh yeah!

just cause you beat crewe does NOT = Promotion

Did I say that we would get promoted just because we beat Crewe? No. There is still a long way ahead, and Iam fully aware of that.

And the fact you mock Everything Coventry when you're in the league below and have a Cov legend as a manager is rather funny and ironic.

Mac is not a Coventry legend. He coached you for a couple of seasons, that was all. As a matter of fact, he spent most of his glorious career playing for Leeds, so he is a Leeds legend.

plenty of time for Cheltenham to grab 6 points

It is funny because had we grabbed all the six points against Cheltenham last season, we would have owned Forest and got automatically promoted. We will try to get revenge on them. Before I am looking forward, we need to deal with Swindon first, that is all I care right now.


BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 7th, 2008 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 9/7/08 01:56 PM, Britkid wrote: You do realise that the only reason you got so close to the top is because Peter Ridsdale is a total idiot?

That is why I said BEFORE (Read, my friend.) he turned to a total moron. Anyway, he is still reponsible for Leeds' downfall regardless his feats.


BBS Signature
Britkid
Britkid
  • Member since: May. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 7th, 2008 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 9/7/08 03:03 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: That is why I said BEFORE (Read, my friend.) he turned to a total moron. Anyway, he is still reponsible for Leeds' downfall regardless his feats.

I know, and that's what I'm saying. Leeds were only ever in the top 5 because Ridsdale spent so much money which he couldn't really afford to spend.


Give my thoughts form and make them look insightful.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 7th, 2008 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 9/7/08 05:02 PM, Britkid wrote: I know, and that's what I'm saying. Leeds were only ever in the top 5 because Ridsdale spent so much money which he couldn't really afford to spend.

The truth was that he overspent after we made it to the semifinals of the European champions league. He thought that we could get back to the CL with a boosted roster and thus would clear all the debts because we would get large amount of income playing in the CL. He would be a brillant genius if his plan worked out. But we finished fourth in the 2001-2002 season and narrowly missed the chance to qualify the CL. (top 3 teams would qualify instead of top 4 at that time) Since we did not qualify, Peter Risdale found that he had owed huge amount of debts, so the club had to sell the likes of Lee Bowyer and Rio Ferdinand in an attempt to make money for the debts. Without quality players, we have not been the same ever since.


BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 9th, 2008 @ 04:24 PM Reply

Swindon is a mid table team. But we cannot look at the Carisle clash just yet. Swindon is kind of tough at home and we have to treat them seriously in order to beat them. For me, the game is a must win. We trail Oldham and Carisle by 5 points. While I do not think that Oldham will stay atop for long, Carisle is going to be a big issue. (That was why I predicted them to get promoted.) They will take Scunthrope on the road this weekend, it is likely that they will not get all the three points there. Assume that the match ends in a draw, we will have a chance to close the gap to 3 points if we take care of Swindon.


BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 10th, 2008 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 9/7/08 10:47 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 9/7/08 05:02 PM, Britkid wrote: I know, and that's what I'm saying. Leeds were only ever in the top 5 because Ridsdale spent so much money which he couldn't really afford to spend.
The truth was that he overspent after we made it to the semifinals of the European champions league. He thought that we could get back to the CL with a boosted roster and thus would clear all the debts because we would get large amount of income playing in the CL. He would be a brillant genius if his plan worked out. But we finished fourth in the 2001-2002 season and narrowly missed the chance to qualify the CL. (top 3 teams would qualify instead of top 4 at that time) Since we did not qualify, Peter Risdale found that he had owed huge amount of debts, so the club had to sell the likes of Lee Bowyer and Rio Ferdinand in an attempt to make money for the debts. Without quality players, we have not been the same ever since.

That makes sense right up until you realise that after not qualifying for the Champions League selling the star players 'should' have made back enough money to remain financially secure. The fact is Leeds had been overspending for a couple of years by that point and missing out on the Champions League was just what was needed to break them.

And spending money that you don't have in the hope that you will make it back is NEVER a sensible thing to do...

At 9/9/08 04:24 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Swindon is a mid table team. But we cannot look at the Carisle clash just yet. Swindon is kind of tough at home and we have to treat them seriously in order to beat them. For me, the game is a must win. We trail Oldham and Carisle by 5 points. While I do not think that Oldham will stay atop for long, Carisle is going to be a big issue. (That was why I predicted them to get promoted.) They will take Scunthrope on the road this weekend, it is likely that they will not get all the three points there. Assume that the match ends in a draw, we will have a chance to close the gap to 3 points if we take care of Swindon.

I wouldn't worry, clearly we're now in some post black hole parallel world where England can actually play football, so who knows, maybe Leeds will trounce them 10-0...


Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 11th, 2008 @ 12:40 AM Reply

If we can SOMEHOW put away Swindon early, Gary needs to make sure that our star players (especially Beckford) do not get hurt. I do not want any of our go-to guys to miss the Carisle game.
P.S: I have not seen England played so well in my life, Walcott was amazing.


BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 13th, 2008 @ 02:37 PM Reply

Nice road win against Swindon. Beckford once again proved why he is so amazing as he scored twice. :) Unfortunately, Alan sheehan was booked red and will miss the Carisle game. Elsewhere, Carisle lost at Scunthorpe who have won four in a row. I have got to admit that our season opening victory at Scunthorpe is looking better and better. ;) Leicester losing to Millwall at home was a huge bonus, I thought that they would easily handle the lions in their house. However, Oldham has shown no signs of slowing down, maybe it is time to list them as serious contenders. :/ Up next for my Leeds boys is the long awaited clash with Carisle on the road. Although they are still leading us by two points in the standings, we are the side with momentum. As long as we play like we did in the last two outings, we will have a good chance of taking all the three points there. :)


BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 13th, 2008 @ 02:40 PM Reply

At 9/10/08 05:56 PM, Sentio wrote: I wouldn't worry, clearly we're now in some post black hole parallel world where England can actually play football, so who knows, maybe Leeds will trounce them 10-0...

Things are not looking up for you guys. I hate to say this, but Plymouth is on the highway to League One. We will try to make your task in League One a lot easier next year by getting promoted this season so that you boys will not have to play against us in the league next season. :P


BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 13th, 2008 @ 05:49 PM Reply

Right, ye bastards, I'm back.
Cardiff was incredable, appart from being searched my a steward & then a jellous Policeman, the game was so close, you couldn't decide who was the better team, we where both very close to finishing eachother.


​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 14th, 2008 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 9/13/08 05:49 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Right, ye bastards, I'm back.
Cardiff was incredable, appart from being searched my a steward & then a jellous Policeman, the game was so close, you couldn't decide who was the better team, we where both very close to finishing eachother.

The way Birmingham and Wolves are playing, I doubt that you guys will catch up with them. Honestly, I think that you guys will have to roll the dice again in the playoffs in the end.


BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 14th, 2008 @ 03:07 PM Reply

I request membership.

I am a millwall fan.


Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 14th, 2008 @ 03:44 PM Reply

At 9/13/08 02:40 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 9/10/08 05:56 PM, Sentio wrote: I wouldn't worry, clearly we're now in some post black hole parallel world where England can actually play football, so who knows, maybe Leeds will trounce them 10-0...
Things are not looking up for you guys. I hate to say this, but Plymouth is on the highway to League One. We will try to make your task in League One a lot easier next year by getting promoted this season so that you boys will not have to play against us in the league next season. :P

We're 6 games in... there is a long LONG way to go yet, including an entire transfer window... there is no way any side can be written off yet, no matter how bad they may look right now, after all they are still bedding in an entirely new side! Teams have been near the bottom at Christmas (almost half way through the season) and won the league at a canter in the past, just look at Palace last year as a side that were bottom three then and in the playoffs by May. You simply can't predict an entire season this early, you can't do that in any sport (or the Broncos would be favourites for the Super Bowl right now after thrashing the Raiders last week- I wish! And Man United would be fighting for relegation with Hull in the Champions League...)

At 9/14/08 03:03 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
The way Birmingham and Wolves are playing, I doubt that you guys will catch up with them. Honestly, I think that you guys will have to roll the dice again in the playoffs in the end.

Same again here... Bristol City could get bought out next week, sign the worlds best 11, and win every game from January by a dozen goals, you just can't predict it this soon. Just look at Watford last year, at Christmas they were comfortably top of the league and looking certain promotion candidates, yet the whole second half of the season they played like a team getting relegated and fell down the league... save such bold predictions for the middle of the season when things have settled out a bit.

As it is I think Bristol City are having a great start to their second season in the Championship- I thought they may struggle this year with so much expectation after going so close last year, but so far they are doing well near the top.


Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 14th, 2008 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 9/14/08 03:07 PM, mwmike wrote: I request membership.

I am a millwall fan.

I don't see why not, especially as you beat Leicester yesterday, always a good thing in my books (not that I hold a grudge against Leicester now that they have fired Holloway, rather one of my friends is a big Leicester fan and is rather smug at the moment about how well they are doing and how dreadfully Plymouth are...). Goth has the final say, but I'd be surprised if he said no, so feel free to carry on posting here.


Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 15th, 2008 @ 06:50 PM Reply

At 9/14/08 03:07 PM, mwmike wrote: I request membership.
I am a millwall fan.

First of all, I must thank your team for beating Leicester who are Leeds' biggest promotion rivals. Secondly, welcome to the club, it is great to have someone who follows another league one team.


BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2008 @ 01:57 PM Reply

Thanks for welcoming me, I will try to post in here every now and then but unless there is some discussion that I get into a lot I won't post too much. Thanks again for welcoming me.


Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2008 @ 02:14 PM Reply

At 9/16/08 01:57 PM, mwmike wrote: Thanks for welcoming me, I will try to post in here every now and then but unless there is some discussion that I get into a lot I won't post too much. Thanks again for welcoming me.

Millwall 1 - 0 Leicester

You wouldnt beleive how chuffed i was when i saw that scoreline

On another note Cov played fairly decent against PNE at the weekend with Freddy EastWood looking to be a real top signing

Playing Sheff U in 15 minutes

lets hope we can grab some points

cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2008 @ 04:49 PM Reply

ahhhhhhhhhhh so close

1-1

ahh well

played well

gunna do well against QPR

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Sep. 16th, 2008 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 9/16/08 04:49 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: played well

Apparently not well enough to win. ;)

gunna do well against QPR

You do realize that QPR is the richest team in the championship, right? I do not like your boys' chances...
P.S: Plymouth won a game, I wonder if Sentio watched their match. :P


BBS Signature